User Reviews for Vaniqa

Learn more about Vaniqa.

Vaniqa Rating Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 7 medications used in the treatment of Hirsutism.

Reviews for Vaniqa to treat Hirsutism

"I've used it on and off, and I definitely see slowed hair growth. The only problem I have is that it slows growth, it doesn't remove. This results in hair coming out "just a little bit", i.e., very, very short hairs, which are not so much seen as felt. And they're very hard to remove because so short (and I only use Tweezerman!) It actually takes me longer to pluck the short stunted growth hairs than the full grown hairs. Oh, well. I'm hoping that once I do get them, they won't grow back and I'll be on my way to a smooth chin!!"

Amnesty1 September 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started this med 3 DAYS AGO!!!! I haven't shaved since. Chin and upper lip are still smooth. I was shaving daily. I was thinking surely this isn't working that quickly. For me, so far it's working! Life changing indeed!"

Carwin62 August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I haven't used it yet (hope it will get rid of the demoralizing appearance of increasingly coarse and numerous white hairs scattered on upper lip and chin !) I'm writing before I try it And BTW I find it VERY annoying that I'm not eligible for the $70 rebate through the company because I'm on Medicare. Why?? I'm paying for it completely out of pocket! This is weird and completely unfair. There isn't even a # to call or email to send to them to complain."

C'est moi (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been using Vaniqa for many years and it has effectively decreased amount of my chin and lip facial hair, which formerly required painful monthly waxings. I only need to tweeze a couple of long chin hairs per month now -- easily accomplished. Very little cream required for thin, effective twice a day applications. Once had a bit of inflammation but I lowered amount of cream applied. Problem is the cost -- now $181 at Costco and more at pharmacy for a tube that lasts 3-4 months. Used to pay $50 for a tube half the size."

Elsasol (taken for 10 years or more) July 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started using this product about a month ago and I started seeing results immediately! I suffered from coarse chin hair and would often get ingrown hairs that led to scarring from constant tweezing and irritation. I barley have to tweeze anymore and when I do the hairs are thin and come out very easy. I do not know if this product has skin lightening agents in it but I have also noticed that my scarring has faded as well! After suffering for years and not being able to leave the house without make-up I am happy to say that because of this product I am starting g to feel confident in my own skin again! I absolutely would recommend this product to anyone who could use it. I am consistent with applying twice a day and am very happy with it!"

Ashley8500 July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Because of PCOS my chin hairs were getting to the point they were dark and long and I swear if I didn't pluck every other day I would have a full beard. "

Dachshund lover (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been using this product for about a 1 1/2 month and I use it twice a day but it has slowed down the hair growth only if I'm taking my prescription meds but other than that I haven't seen a change yet. I will keep using it until its gone or my next dr appt on 8/25/2017 but if it doesn't work like I hoped so I will just have to do laser hair removal."

PamPooh (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"What can I say but Thank God ! I've suffered from basically a full beard for over 30 years , having to shave daily , twice if I was going out in the evening . I've been using Vaniqa for nearly 4 weeks and the growth has slowed considerably . My GP in West Sussex couldn't prescribe due to the Practice having a 'black flag' on this ?? He wanted to but just wasn't able "

SLou (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Having had extremely dark facial hair all my life and having tried just about everything on the market, I decided to give vaniqa a go. I was so unbelievably surprised to see a noticeable difference within 3 weeks! My hair growth had slowed down and some hair follicles looked faint compared to before. I've now been using it for 6 months and can honestly say that it's the best thing I've ever tried. From having to remove my facial hair every 3rd day, I can now go 2 full weeks without having to remove it. This has made me so much more confident about my face. I no longer feel like people are staring at my facial hair when talking to me. The hair growth has not only slowed down but in some areas, it hasn't come back. A God send!"

Mandy Kaur (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome with very extreme hair growth. For instance, I got a haircut 3 weeks ago to above chin length, and it already grew back to a short ponytail. I have tried about every hair removal method there is, but it's tricky because some just plain don't work on me, and each place on the body has a different growth pattern. Anyway, suffice to say I shave my face much more often than my husband has to shave his. So I didn't mind spending $150 for less than 2 oz of cream. It's not supposed to show a difference until at least 4 or 8 weeks in. But within 3 days it was brutally clear that the hair was coming in much faster, thicker and unable to be removed. I stopped the cream and within a few days was back to normal growth"

hairrysob (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had problems with facial hair since my mid-20's. I am now 54.This medication has been LIFE-CHANGING. Have tried electrolysis and laser. Both work, but only for a limited time as the professionals who do this have told me that NEW hair follicles darken and cause problems, even though the hair follicles they have treated are dead. I have plucked "forever" causing hairs to get courser, causing nearly constant break-outs on my chin from in-grown hairs. Bottom line: It took about 4 weeks to notice a big difference. I use on chin and upper lip. Changed the amount and texture of hair. Excellent product! I no longer obsess about my facial hair."

SSRS July 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am 86 years old and have been using Vaniqa for one year with excellent results and no bad side effects. Prior to this, I had electrolysis treatments every 2 - 3 weeks for over two years with no end in sight. My excess hair problem is on the upper lip and chin area and though my electrolysist was well certified, the problem persisted (although treatments in my early 30's had been successful). I strongly encourage anyone considering this product to give it a try - it has changed/improved my life beyond measure."

G.E. July 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been using this cream (which my GP fought for on the NHS, UK) for about 12 years. I had always had a lot of blonde facial hair but, following menopause and stopping HRT at age 60, I began to grow a full beard, face and neck. The dermatologist first suggested waxing, a task which my husband performed for me. This worked for a short time, after which I noticed stubble the day after waxing. I had my androgens (male hormones) checked and indeed had too many. They can be countered by estrogen but, since I have breast cancer 8/8 estrogen positive, this was not an option. Finally and in desperation I begged the dermatologist for another solution and Voila! Vaniqa! I still pluck some stubborn whiskers every day and losing weight helps."

Hairybeast (taken for 10 years or more) June 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Having been using this on and off since I've bought it. I don't know if it's only me but it has made my overall skin VERY dry. I'm not complaining since I have naturally oily skin. However it is extremely tight-feeling and unusual. It also stings ALOT if you have removed hair on the day ie threading. I haven't noticed a difference on the thickness of my hair or any decrease in growth. After trading such positive reviews I do hope it works for myself and other women out there suffering! Really do wish this is the "miracle" cream it has been labelled since it was super expensive here in the UK"

Hairyprincess (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Miracle cream. have suffered with excessive facial hair since I was 13, I'm now 58. It started working almost immediately, In less than 2 months I am completely free from facial hair, and I am no longer afraid to let people hug me for fear of scratching them. Wish it would have been available years ago, it would have saved me a lot of grief..."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Wow this cream works I have pcos and after years of plucking every day as the hair was so bad my doctor prescribed vaniqa . The difference is very noticeable after under 2 months."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I take Seroxat/Paxil for depression. When I started to use Vaniqa, it worked for hairs but I didn't realize that it was making me very depressed! Be careful"

orpingtonhen April 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have suffered with corse chin and upper lip hair for such a long time causing me to feel embarrassed and just not good about myself. I would pluck on a daily basis making my skin blotchy and sore. I took the plunge after months of research on Vaniqa and bought the cream. I been using twice a day for 6 weeks now and I'm thrilled with the results. Smooth skin hardly and hairs. So pleased. Ladies don't suffer like I did get this product. It's the best ever"

1237 March 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been told by my GP this cream is not licensed in the UK. I know it's available through online prescriptions by UK pharmacies. Why am I being lied to? I've tried their suggestion of being on Dianette, and I've seen no change in hair growth after being on it for a year. I am beggining to wonder if they are trying to dodge the option of prescribing this cream to me due to it's price (£80.50)"

h16 (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I used this cream a long time ago and was very happy. It's pretty expensive, costs me about $150. My Pharmacy was able to get me a voucher. I stopped using because it was so expensive and started using other hair removal products. I'm fair skinned and the OTC products burned my face so bad. I eventually went back to the Vaniqa. A tube usually lasts me for 3 months so I figured the cost was reasonable compared to other products I used. I have read some bad reviews so I guess everyone is different. I start Vaniqa daily but just once a day in the evening before bed. I apply pretty much on my entire lower face and neck area. I'm really hairy and although they are blonde it looks terrible. I love this product really works for me."

Miraboo (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Been suffering hirsutism since I was 17, course, dark hairs on my neck, chin, and up the sides of my face, its got worse as the years have went on I'm now 25 and couldn't cope any longer, I kept this to myself and it drained the life out of me, I didn't go out, I suffered depression I had to shave twice a day depending on what I had to do on that day, if I wasn't at work I wouldn't shave and stayed at home because shaving every day was ruining my face with so many rashes, i finally got the courage to visit my gp and she prescribed me this, I've been using this cream for 4 weeks and I'm already seeing an improvement, don't suffer ladies, get vaniqa!!"

Hairnomorre (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been using the generic, Eflora, which has the same active ingredient. I have dark coarse on parts of my face. My upper-lip isn't too bad (manageable, mostly just dark fine hairs), but my chin is horrible. If I shaved, it really had to be twice a day, and even after shaving, my skin could still feel prickly. The left side was inexplicably worse than the right. I started noticing results on the thinner and/or slower growing hair first... Two Weeks: Start seeing results with hair between eyebrows and on upper-lip (these areas weren't too bad). Four Weeks: Start seeing results all over, including chin. Eight Weeks: Still improving, growth extremely slowed except for left side of chin. Left side of chin is slowing, just not as much."

Dapper13 February 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"For me it doesn't work, not even in one single hair of my face, darker or lighter. I'm using for one month and half and no results till now. What a waste of money"

wakawaka December 31, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been using this for about 3 months. I have not seen a reduction in hair. It really dried my skin out making the hair look worse. It is really expensive at $100. I'm going to finish this bottle then I am done. It was worth a shot."

Sadiesw December 1, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Did nothing for me. I have been applying vaniqua twice a.day to my chin for over 2 months and I haven't noticed any change whatsoever. I will continue.to try until tube.is empty but will NOT repurchase. I don't want people.out there falsely assume this is some.sort of miracles cream that works fort everyone.. I have sharp, dark hairs on my chin and a few.scattered ones on my face and chest and I've had it since I was 20. I think electrolysis is the only way for me to better my "condition". Good luck to all out there battling this."

Mandaaaa November 4, 2015