User Reviews for Nupercainal

Nupercainal has an average rating of 8.4 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings on Drugs.com. 83% of those users who reviewed Nupercainal reported a positive effect, while 17% reported a negative effect.

Local Anesthesia   10.0
Burns, External   9.0
Hemorrhoids   7.8
Summary of Nupercainal reviews 8.4 7 reviews

rkalaska October 4, 2018

For Hemorrhoids: “I have used Nupercainal for over 30 years. Some years ago when I ran out I bought a new tube. I found that the product was not the same. The consistency and color had changed. The ointment base makes a difference and this has been reformulated. The distributor was Novartis then Ducere bought the rights and then it was sold to Dr. Reddy. The ointment base has been changed. The Novartis ointment was viscous, creamy, light yellow in color and smelled like lanolin. It covered and stayed on top of the skin offering good protection. It looks like the percentage of lanolin has changed. The new Ducere ointment looks and feels pretty much like petroleum jelly. It soaks into the skin faster and does not offer as long a protection time.”

Hemorrhoids surgery · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2016

For Hemorrhoids: “I had hemorroidectomy seven days ago. I wish i had found this product sooner. I had so much pain for one week..this ointment works great.”

Roger Dog · Taken for less than 1 month January 3, 2016

For Hemorrhoids: “I wish I would have tried Nupercainal first as I used a lot of stuff that didn't work. This stuff is incredible and it cleared up my issue quickly. Not very well marketed as I stumbled upon it through a forum. Nothing worked better.”

Yankee07MVP · Taken for 10 years or more March 25, 2015

For Hemorrhoids: “Used Nupercainal Hemorrhoid *CREAM* for years-and-years, both internally, (as it once-upon-a-time came with a rectal application tube), and externally as a topical analgesic cream. This was the ONLY (OTC) hemorrhoid medicine that gave me any cooling, (and soothing), relief by deadening the burning and itching of hemorrhoids. Now they apparently don't make this product anymore, as the only Nupercainal Hemorrhoid product I can find marketed anywhere is only available in an ointment now. In my opinion, this replacement ointment does NOT work as well as it's predecessor, the cream.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more June 4, 2012

For Hemorrhoids: “The absolute only ointment that helps me and doesn't burn. Nothing else comes close.”

Anonymous April 26, 2012

For Local Anesthesia: “Nupricainal is #1 in our first aid kit and has been for the last 50 years! It provides instant relief from cuts, scrapes, bruises and numbs the pain. Upon discovery, we personally named it "MAGIC MEDICINE" and it remains close at hand for emergencies at home, in the car or on a trip. Smashed my finger in the car door and while driving to emergency for stitches, obtained PROMPT RELIEF FROM EXCRUCIATING PAIN! (Same 20% benzocaine/active "numbing" ingredient prescribed by my doctor for an epesiotome after having a baby. Kids fall and scrape their knees or get a bee sting and this stops the pain and tears! LOVE THIS numbing ointment! Get the word out! AWESOME PRODUCT! Any pharmacy will also special order it.”

Anonymous October 30, 2008

For Burns, External: “I was advised by a pharmacist to use this when I burnt my finger on the stove. It was a mild burn not requiring medical attention but it was bothersome. This needs to be in your first aid kit.”