User Reviews for Nupercainal to treat Hemorrhoids

Nupercainal has an average rating of 7.8 out of 10 from a total of 4 ratings for the treatment of Hemorrhoids. 75% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 25% reported a negative experience.

Nupercainal rating summary

7.8/10 average rating

Compare all 56 medications used in the treatment of Hemorrhoids.

rkalaska · October 4, 2018

"I have used Nupercainal for over 30 years. Some years ago when I ran out I bought a new tube. I found that the product was not the same. The consistency and color had changed. The ointment base makes a difference and this has been reformulated. The distributor was Novartis then Ducere bought the rights and then it was sold to Dr. Reddy. The ointment base has been changed. The Novartis ointment was viscous, creamy, light yellow in color and smelled like lanolin. It covered and stayed on top of the skin offering good protection. It looks like the percentage of lanolin has changed. The new Ducere ointment looks and feels pretty much like petroleum jelly. It soaks into the skin faster and does not offer as long a protection time."

Yankee07MVP · Taken for 10 years or more · March 25, 2015

"Used Nupercainal Hemorrhoid *CREAM* for years-and-years, both internally, (as it once-upon-a-time came with a rectal application tube), and externally as a topical analgesic cream. This was the ONLY (OTC) hemorrhoid medicine that gave me any cooling, (and soothing), relief by deadening the burning and itching of hemorrhoids. Now they apparently don't make this product anymore, as the only Nupercainal Hemorrhoid product I can find marketed anywhere is only available in an ointment now. In my opinion, this replacement ointment does NOT work as well as it's predecessor, the cream."

Roger Dog · Taken for less than 1 month · January 3, 2016

"I wish I would have tried Nupercainal first as I used a lot of stuff that didn't work. This stuff is incredible and it cleared up my issue quickly. Not very well marketed as I stumbled upon it through a forum. Nothing worked better."

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more · June 4, 2012

"The absolute only ointment that helps me and doesn't burn. Nothing else comes close."

Hemorrhoids surgery · Taken for less than 1 month · March 4, 2016

"I had hemorroidectomy seven days ago. I wish i had found this product sooner. I had so much pain for one week..this ointment works great."

Learn more about Hemorrhoids