User Reviews for Dibucaine topical

Also known as: Nupercainal

Dibucaine topical has an average rating of 8.6 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings on Drugs.com. 86% of those users who reviewed Dibucaine topical reported a positive effect, while 14% reported a negative effect.

Hemorrhoids
Local Anesthesia
10.0
Summary of Dibucaine topical reviews 8.6 8 reviews

rkalaska October 4, 2018

Nupercainal (dibucaine) for Hemorrhoids: “I have used Nupercainal for over 30 years. Some years ago when I ran out I bought a new tube. I found that the product was not the same. The consistency and color had changed. The ointment base makes a difference and this has been reformulated. The distributor was Novartis then Ducere bought the rights and then it was sold to Dr. Reddy. The ointment base has been changed. The Novartis ointment was viscous, creamy, light yellow in color and smelled like lanolin. It covered and stayed on top of the skin offering good protection. It looks like the percentage of lanolin has changed. The new Ducere ointment looks and feels pretty much like petroleum jelly. It soaks into the skin faster and does not offer as long a protection time.”

Hemorrhoids surgery · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2016

Nupercainal (dibucaine) for Hemorrhoids: “I had hemorroidectomy seven days ago. I wish i had found this product sooner. I had so much pain for one week..this ointment works great.”

Roger Dog · Taken for less than 1 month January 3, 2016

Nupercainal (dibucaine) for Hemorrhoids: “I wish I would have tried Nupercainal first as I used a lot of stuff that didn't work. This stuff is incredible and it cleared up my issue quickly. Not very well marketed as I stumbled upon it through a forum. Nothing worked better.”

Anonymous April 26, 2012

Nupercainal (dibucaine) for Local Anesthesia: “Nupricainal is #1 in our first aid kit and has been for the last 50 years! It provides instant relief from cuts, scrapes, bruises and numbs the pain. Upon discovery, we personally named it "MAGIC MEDICINE" and it remains close at hand for emergencies at home, in the car or on a trip. Smashed my finger in the car door and while driving to emergency for stitches, obtained PROMPT RELIEF FROM EXCRUCIATING PAIN! (Same 20% benzocaine/active "numbing" ingredient prescribed by my doctor for an epesiotome after having a baby. Kids fall and scrape their knees or get a bee sting and this stops the pain and tears! LOVE THIS numbing ointment! Get the word out! AWESOME PRODUCT! Any pharmacy will also special order it.”

Yankee07MVP · Taken for 10 years or more March 25, 2015

Nupercainal (dibucaine) for Hemorrhoids: “Used Nupercainal Hemorrhoid *CREAM* for years-and-years, both internally, (as it once-upon-a-time came with a rectal application tube), and externally as a topical analgesic cream. This was the ONLY (OTC) hemorrhoid medicine that gave me any cooling, (and soothing), relief by deadening the burning and itching of hemorrhoids. Now they apparently don't make this product anymore, as the only Nupercainal Hemorrhoid product I can find marketed anywhere is only available in an ointment now. In my opinion, this replacement ointment does NOT work as well as it's predecessor, the cream.”

embarassed in eastpointe September 8, 2009

For Anal Itching: “After laser surgery for an anal rim fissure, I began to have excessive anal area itching for about 2 or 3 months, while using several well known ointments and creams. The more I used them the worse the itching seemed to get. In desperation, I went to see my V.A. primary care doctor, and then the V.A.pharmacist; who prescribed this" dibucaine ointment usp1%" by Fougera pharmaceuticals. Instantly, upon use, my maddeningly irritating anal itching disappeared, totally and completely! I use a little bit in and around the area after every bowel movement and I at last have complete relief, and non-recurring itching of any sort! I LOVE THIS!”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more June 4, 2012

Nupercainal (dibucaine) for Hemorrhoids: “The absolute only ointment that helps me and doesn't burn. Nothing else comes close.”

Anonymous October 30, 2008

Nupercainal (dibucaine) for Burns, External: “I was advised by a pharmacist to use this when I burnt my finger on the stove. It was a mild burn not requiring medical attention but it was bothersome. This needs to be in your first aid kit.”