User Reviews for Cholecalciferol

Also known as: Vitamin D3, D3, Celebrate Vitamin D3 Quick-Melt, Replesta, Wellesse Vitamin D3, Decara, Carlson D, Maximum D3, Enfamil D-Vi-Sol, D3-50, D2000, Ddrops, D 1000 IU, D-Vita Drops, Replesta Children's, Replesta NX, Thera-D 2000, Thera-D 4000, Bio-D-Mulsion, Bio-D-Mulsion Forte, BProtected Pedia D-Vite, Delta D3, Thera-D Rapid Repletion, D400, D3-5, UpSpringbaby D …show all brand names

Prevention of Fractures

1 review 15 medications
Vitamin D Deficiency
6.8

Summary of Cholecalciferol reviews 7.3 10 reviews

Reviews for Cholecalciferol

Anon May 3, 2019

For Vitamin D Deficiency: "I was feeling fine until I was diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency (4.6). I took 8000ui of vit D3 once a week for a month. The 1st time I took it after 3 hours I felt sick all of a sudden, with terrible palpitations, extreme dizziness, nausea, confusion. I thought I was dying! My dr said it was impossible vit D caused this, so he told me to keep taking the drug. 2nd week I ended up in the ER but everything was negative and they told me it couldn't be vit D. I took it 4 times, once a week, until I asked my pharmacist about my symptoms and told me to stop immediately. During that month I had constipation, loss of appetite, extreme weight loss, dizziness, fatigue, muscle pain, anxiety, depression, high blood pressure and scary palpitation episodes (10 times), all symptoms I never had before. Now it's been a month since I've stopped taking vit D and my health is slowly improving. Now my vit D level is 16 so I guess the drug worked but I would never take it again with all those side effects"

otaku-guy October 29, 2018

Decara (cholecalciferol) for Vitamin D Deficiency: "Decara was very helpful in improving my Vit D levels. I prefer this product over Drisdol, as Decara is actually high quality D3. (Drisdol is D2.) This has been much more effective for me. I highly recommend you ask your doctor about this product if your trying to improve low Vitamin D levels. It worked very well for me."

Nicky April 11, 2018

Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) for Prevention of Fractures: "I would like to add that you need to take sufficient magnesium along with the vitamin d in order to avoid the side effects of cramping and pain . The lysinate form is a good form of magnesium to take to avoid laxative effects of other forms. You need to take magnesium in order for vitamin d to work well. Good luck."

phillymark · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 10, 2017

Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) for Vitamin D Deficiency: "D3 was prescribed as over the counter at 2k per day. I feel it would be more effective at 5k per day or more. Will check with next blood test. Did not notice a difference. Exhaustion is a real issue with me, partly due to the need for opioids; chronic pain from a surgical accident."

FrustratedOldLady · Taken for less than 1 month March 12, 2017

Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) for Vitamin D Deficiency: "I was told by my doctor that I am Vitamin D deficient and should take 5000 iu of vitamin D per day. I began taking the supplement and within 36 hours began having HORRIBLE leg pains and muscle aches.The pain in my legs was so bad I could barely walk. I was also extremely nauseated, so much so that I couldn't eat. I stopped the vitamin D and in no time the muscle pains and nausea was gone. I now take 1000 iu of vitamin d per day with no side effects. I know it's less than my doctor wants me to take but that's too bad. Why do doctors insist on such enormous amount of vitamin D without considering the side effects??? I would rather be vitamin d deficient than suffer the side effects of a "theraputic" dose of vitamin d."

Plasmodesmata · Taken for less than 1 month January 31, 2017

Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) for Vitamin D Deficiency: "I have been struggling with arthritis-like pain for months. Swollen joints, pain, hard to move around, and muscle weakness. Started taking vitamin D3 and the difference was night and day. Strength is restored, pain is decreasing... I am on the mend. I used to work outside but now in an office all the time, I guess it played a bigger role in my health than I realized."

Gary622012 December 18, 2016

D3 (cholecalciferol) for Vitamin D Deficiency: "Having severe bone loss, my MD put me on vitamin D2 at 50,000 units a week. My wife did the research, and found out vitamin D2 is not as well absorbed as vitamin D3. It also must be taken with a calcium supplement. I had been taking the D2 for several years, and then they wanted me to take Prolia as my bone loss was getting worse. Stopping the D2, and starting the D3 at 5,000 iu a day with 600 mg of calcium has helped quite a bit. I would suggest anyone try this before taking something like Prolia, or Forteo for bone loss. If you have osteoporosis, you need the supplements either way. Wife took Forteo everyday for 26 months, and less than 4 years later they now want her to try Prolia too.Check wikipedia for info on this."

Magnolia Joy October 19, 2016

Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) for Vitamin D Deficiency: "After my wellness checkup and blood analysis, I was told by my md to start taking Vit. D3-2000 daily. I took it as recommended for 2 days and I noticed that I was experiencing dizziness, tiredness and really bad cramps in my hands, feet and legs. I thought that I was dehydrated and drank more water. The cramps kept getting worse and I also started having increased palpitations and more dizziness. As the only change I had made in my daily regimen was taking the D3, I decided to stop taking it to see if it might be the cause. Sure enough, these symptoms disappeared. So, why are we being told to take this? Several of my friends and family have been advised to do the same lately. Is it a new "health" sham?"

Jwright7784 · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 23, 2016

For Vitamin D Deficiency: "I started taking Vitamin D3 along with Omega-3 a few years ago. The combination of the two really helped my physical energy and brought my blood pressure down from 150-160 systolic, 100-110 diastolic, to 102-125 systolic and 75-85 diastolic. I also lost 75 lbs with little effort. Vitamin D is a great supplement."

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 23, 2016

For Vitamin D Deficiency: "I took this drug for almost 2 years and then my doctor took me off of it when I lost my job, because I knew I wasn't going to have enough money to for it."