User Reviews for Cholecalciferol

Also known as: Bio-D-Mulsion, Bio-D-Mulsion Forte, BProtected Pedia D-Vite, Carlson D, Celebrate Vitamin D3 Quick-Melt, D 1000 IU, D-Vita Drops, D2000, D3, D3-5, D3-50, D400, Ddrops, Decara, Delta D3, ...show all 25 brand names

Learn more about Cholecalciferol.

Vitamin D Deficiency 5 reviews 29 medications

6.6
Summary of Cholecalciferol reviews 5 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Cholecalciferol

Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) for Vitamin D Deficiency: "I was told by my doctor that I am Vitamin D deficient and should take 5000 iu of vitamin D per day. I began taking the supplement and within 36 hours began having HORRIBLE leg pains and muscle aches.The pain in my legs was so bad I could barely walk. I was also extremely nauseated, so much so that I couldn't eat. I stopped the vitamin D and in no time the muscle pains and nausea was gone. I now take 1000 iu of vitamin d per day with no side effects. I know it's less than my doctor wants me to take but that's too bad. Why do doctors insist on such enormous amount of vitamin D without considering the side effects??? I would rather be vitamin d deficient than suffer the side effects of a "theraputic" dose of vitamin d."

FrustratedOldLady (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) for Vitamin D Deficiency: "I have been struggling with arthritis-like pain for months. Swollen joints, pain, hard to move around, and muscle weakness. Started taking vitamin D3 and the difference was night and day. Strength is restored, pain is decreasing... I am on the mend. I used to work outside but now in an office all the time, I guess it played a bigger role in my health than I realized."

Plasmodesmata (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

D3 (cholecalciferol) for Vitamin D Deficiency: "Having severe bone loss, my MD put me on vitamin D2 at 50,000 units a week. My wife did the research, and found out vitamin D2 is not as well absorbed as vitamin D3. It also must be taken with a calcium supplement. I had been taking the D2 for several years, and then they wanted me to take Prolia as my bone loss was getting worse. Stopping the D2, and starting the D3 at 5,000 iu a day with 600 mg of calcium has helped quite a bit. I would suggest anyone try this before taking something like Prolia, or Forteo for bone loss. If you have osteoporosis, you need the supplements either way. Wife took Forteo everyday for 26 months, and less than 4 years later they now want her to try Prolia too.Check wikipedia for info on this."

Gary622012 December 18, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) for Vitamin D Deficiency: "After my wellness checkup and blood analysis, I was told by my md to start taking Vit. D3-2000 daily. I took it as recommended for 2 days and I noticed that I was experiencing dizziness, tiredness and really bad cramps in my hands, feet and legs. I thought that I was dehydrated and drank more water. The cramps kept getting worse and I also started having increased palpitations and more dizziness. As the only change I had made in my daily regimen was taking the D3, I decided to stop taking it to see if it might be the cause. Sure enough, these symptoms disappeared. So, why are we being told to take this? Several of my friends and family have been advised to do the same lately. Is it a new "health" sham?"

Magnolia Joy October 19, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vitamin D Deficiency: "I started taking Vitamin D3 along with Omega-3 a few years ago. The combination of the two really helped my physical energy and brought my blood pressure down from 150-160 systolic, 100-110 diastolic, to 102-125 systolic and 75-85 diastolic. I also lost 75 lbs with little effort. Vitamin D is a great supplement."

Jwright7784 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 23, 2016