Generic name: Cholecalciferol Chewable Tablet [ kole-e-kal-SI-fer-ole ]
Brand names: Opurity Vitamin D, VitaJoy Daily D Gummies
Drug class: Vitamins
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jan 31, 2023.
Uses of Cholecalciferol Chewable Tablet:
- It is used to treat or prevent vitamin D deficiency.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Cholecalciferol Chewable Tablet?
- If you have an allergy to cholecalciferol or any other part of cholecalciferol chewable tablet.
- If you are allergic to cholecalciferol chewable tablet; any part of cholecalciferol chewable tablet; or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
- If you have any of these health problems: Malabsorption syndrome, overactive parathyroid gland, sarcoidosis, too much vitamin D or calcium in your body, or Williams syndrome.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with cholecalciferol chewable tablet.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take cholecalciferol chewable tablet with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Cholecalciferol Chewable Tablet?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take cholecalciferol chewable tablet. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Avoid other sources of vitamin D.
- Follow the diet and workout plan that your doctor told you about.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using cholecalciferol chewable tablet while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Cholecalciferol Chewable Tablet) best taken?
Use cholecalciferol chewable tablet as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Some drugs may need to be taken with food or on an empty stomach. For some drugs it does not matter. Check with your pharmacist about how to take cholecalciferol chewable tablet.
- Chew well before swallowing.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of high calcium levels like weakness, confusion, feeling tired, headache, upset stomach and throwing up, constipation, or bone pain.
What are some other side effects of Cholecalciferol Chewable Tablet?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Cholecalciferol Chewable Tablet?
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Protect from light.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about cholecalciferol chewable tablet, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
More about cholecalciferol
- Check interactions
- Reviews (42)
- Side effects
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: vitamins
- En español
- Drug Information
- Cholecalciferol Capsules and Tablets
- Cholecalciferol Orally Disintegrating Tablets
- Cholecalciferol Drops
Vitamin D3, D3, Decara, D3-50, ... +12 more
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.