User Reviews for Chlorpheniramine / dextromethorphan to treat Cough and Nasal Congestion

Also known as: Coricidin HBP Cough & Cold, Vicks Children’s NyQuil Cold & Cough, Triaminic Softchews Cough & Runny Nose, Dimetapp Children's Long Acting Cough Plus Cold, Robitussin Children's Cough & Cold Long-Acting, Robitussin Cough & Cold Long-Acting, Carepanto Triaminic Night Time Cough & Runny Nose Scot-Tussin DM St. Joseph HBP Cough & Cold Robitussin Children's Nighttime Cough Long-Acting DM …show all brand names

Chlorpheniramine / dextromethorphan has an average rating of 6.2 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Cough and Nasal Congestion. 55% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 36% reported a negative effect.

Chlorpheniramine/dextromethorphan Rating Summary

6.2/10 average rating

Compare all 221 medications used in the treatment of Cough and Nasal Congestion.

Reviews for Chlorpheniramine / dextromethorphan

brisebois31061 December 15, 2007

Coricidin HBP Cough & Cold (chlorpheniramine / dextromethorphan): “Is there any other cold remedy that works as well as Coricidin? The answer as far as I am concerned is a firm NO. I have used this remedy since I was a 17-year-old college student and am now close to 70 years old. I have in the past, tried other remedies but none compare to Coricidin. Then, when I began to show signs of high blood pressure, along came HPB and my problem was solved even before it became one. I raised my children on this remedy and they in turn are using it for their children.”

Riverview September 1, 2019

Coricidin HBP Cough & Cold (chlorpheniramine / dextromethorphan): “At 80 I have cad, aFIB, HBP, type 2 diabetes, GERD and hypothyroidism. I have taken the cold/sinus remedies for years. But now, with chronic sinusitis, I have post nasal drip, which prevents me from having good sleep, causing me to get up and try to bring it up..\ Well the otc cough & cold does with no known side effects..except sleeping 6 1/2-8 hours. I only take 1 at bedtime, and not every night.”

dollie6 May 23, 2011

Coricidin HBP Cough & Cold (chlorpheniramine / dextromethorphan): “I recommend it to anyone. I have high blood pressure, thyroid problems, diabetes and I take Celexa. Coricidin HBP worked for me. I was so sick coughing and vomiting. After 3 days of taking this I felt a big difference.”

Winnie · Taken for 10 years or more September 17, 2020

Coricidin HBP Cough & Cold (chlorpheniramine / dextromethorphan): “After weeks of looking for good cough cold flu tablets (the most effective one for me), I finally discovered them in a new larger package containing gel caps replacing the previous smaller pill. The gel caps are entirely too large for comfortable swallowing. They almost cause choking and sticking in the throat even drinking much water. I feel sure many others will share this experience. I have taken this med for many years sparingly and it has always proven effective. The best! Please return to the previous size or make it larger so it can be cut. Or please consider making a much smaller capsule. This is one of the very best effective cold meds on the market for those suffering HBP. I feel your sales might suffer because of this change. Only because of swallowing issues.”

Adstramel October 25, 2013

Coricidin HBP Cough & Cold (chlorpheniramine / dextromethorphan): “I have high blood pressure and also take synthroid for thyroid. This medicine was recommended by my pharmacist. I thought the medicine was working on my cold symptoms but then started getting a headache that would not go away. I then took my blood pressure and realized it was extremely high. I have been off of it for four days now, my blood pressure is back to normal and my Cold symptoms are back. I won't be taking this medicine any more :-(”

Pam · Taken for less than 1 month May 27, 2018

Coricidin HBP Cough & Cold (chlorpheniramine / dextromethorphan): “This OTC brand of antihistamines has given me severe anxiety, confusion, sensitivity to light and extremely rapid heart beat. I'm 36 years old, have not medical conditions, take no psyche meds, and take no other drugs for drug interactions.”

FoxieKLK December 27, 2016

“Took one dose as directed and had very negative reaction. Seemed to make my condition much worse. Caused stomach ache, nausea, headache, liver pain. I'd be very careful in decisionto take this med. Do all other homeopathic cold/ flu remedies first, like taking zinc, chicken soup, going to bed, staying warm, eating oranges, taking 1/2 pain pill.”

austendog · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2013

Coricidin HBP Cough & Cold (chlorpheniramine / dextromethorphan): “It made my symptoms abate, but had an extremely unpleasant fast, pounding heart beat, after 2 doses, so I stopped taking it.”

Dee · Taken for 10 years or more January 30, 2020

Coricidin HBP Cough & Cold (chlorpheniramine / dextromethorphan): “I have used coricidin for years. This stuff is better then any prescription you could get or OTC. It always has been my go to!!”

Jake from State Fromm · Taken for less than 1 month April 18, 2018

Coricidin HBP Cough & Cold (chlorpheniramine / dextromethorphan): “So far so good. The medicine is working although I am a little dizzy and have a bit of a headache. Other than that my coughing and sneezing have stopped. So it's all good!”

Alabama Brando · Taken for less than 1 month April 2, 2020

Coricidin HBP Cough & Cold (chlorpheniramine / dextromethorphan): “This gave me severe anxiety and made me feel unpleasant. I do take Zoloft but I wouldn't recommend if you take anxiety or depression medicine.”

Merlinsmomma71972 · Taken for less than 1 month November 29, 2017

“Helps with the nasal congestion more than other meds.”

Learn more about Cough and Nasal Congestion