User Reviews for Carbamazepine to treat Dystonia

Also known as: Tegretol, Carbatrol, Tegretol XR, Epitol, Equetro

Anonymous November 15, 2019

“I was having spasms 24/7 they were horrendous, I commenced on Carbamazepine & within 10 days they were gone, couldn't believe it.”

P ยท Taken for 5 to 10 years March 25, 2018

“I have paroxysmal kinesigenic dystonia. I have been on this medicine for 9 years. When my dystonia was at its worst (middle & high school), I took 400 mg daily. Over time, it became not as bad, and now I take my pills when I feel like I need it. Usually 400 mg once a week. This medicine has helped me SO much, and I would not have been able to live without it!”

rie__ May 16, 2016

“Doesn't totally cut my Paroxysmal Dystonia, but drops it from a 7/10 to a 3/10. If i increase the dose (800mg XR daily) the side effects are too hard to handle. Generally leaves me feeling a little sluggish/slow, and have found it difficult to lose weight on Tegretol.”

twatface December 4, 2011

Tegretol (carbamazepine): “Found it ineffective for facial spasms. Patients must get liver function tests while they are on this medicine. I believe other dystonia sufferers have had some relief with this but I was not one of them.”

DCG030 October 16, 2010

Carbatrol (carbamazepine): “I have been taking Carbatrol 200mg for 13 years and I can only pin point me being tired from the medicine. When I take it like prescribed I do not have any episodes.”

Learn more about Dystonia