User Reviews for Avastin

Learn more about Avastin.

Reviews for Avastin to treat Ovarian Cancer

"I've just finished round 4 of Avastin /doxil.. I have developed painful swelling of my fingers with blisters. Is there any treatment for this? I also have mouth sores. I take L-glutimine, gabapentin and cymbalta. I'm in agony and feel as if I'm being tortured.."

Annie 2m (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After 12 rounds of Avastin which were effective in bringing down my protein marker CA 125 to 10 to 14. However, I experienced numerous side effects (thankfully not all at the same time) which I was able to handle. Following the 12 rounds I was no longer able to tolerate Avastin as I had very high numbers showing protein in my urine. My oncologist was concerned about kidney damage and I stopped taking this drug."

Palm Beach Red (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My mother is 56 year old, she is being diagnosed for Stage 4, Ovarian Cancer for last one year. She went through a surgery followed by 6 chemo cycles and had no sign of tumors or malignancy, after first 5 months of chemo therapies. In May 15' there were no signs of cancer coming back and it appeared dramatically in last week of July 15'. Our doctors suggested us to take Avastin, after reading and being counselled about the fatal side effects this medicine can probably have on a patient we were scared to give it to her. But we finally decided to use the drug and she absorbed the medicines nicely, without any sign of considerable side effects except being very tired all the time. I shall be sharing the results one we get another CT done."

suvij August 17, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had sores in my mouth, hands turning dark inside and cracking in the skin. I am tired and I have nose bleeding but not enough for medical treatment."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 3, 2013