User Reviews for Baloxavir marboxil to treat Influenza

Also known as: Xofluza

Baloxavir marboxil Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 44 medications used in the treatment of Influenza.

Reviews for Baloxavir marboxil

LSE · Taken for less than 1 month April 17, 2020

Xofluza (baloxavir marboxil): “I went to a doctor for pain all over my body. The test for flu and strep throat came out negative. Because of my age and my condition he gave me Xofluza. Next two days I developed high fever and by Monday when I went to my primary doctor I had developed bronchitis. That was by the end of January and still this day I'm not 100% well.”

Lena62197 March 9, 2020

Xofluza (baloxavir marboxil): “12 year old daughter diagnosed with Flu A with high fever and soreness on Thursday afternoon. Took Xofluza in early evening on Thursday and by Friday morning she had no symptoms, never got a fever again, and never developed any cold symptoms or respiratory symptoms. She typically gets the flu annually, despite getting the vaccine. We’ve had a very positive experience with Xofluza! No side effects. We paid about $70 with insurance and coupon, worth every penny.”

Ladyskooters · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2020

Xofluza (baloxavir marboxil): “I felt bad on Tuesday, as if I had a bad sinus infection, got a doctor's appt on Wednesday. Tested positive for Flu type A. Took xofluza that Wednesday. On Thursday, woke with my head pounding, ears stopped up, runny nose, deep cough, and a sore throat. Friday, had a horrible painful day, definitely the most achy pain filled weak day of them all. Saturday, feeling a little better but still a horrific cough, sore throat, headache, and weakness. Sunday, thinking I may have to return to the doctor Monday. I still have weakness, runny nose, ears full, deep cough, sore throat, barely a voice, and basically the same way that I felt when I went to the doctor. I don't think this medicine works well with me.”

Carey · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2020

Xofluza (baloxavir marboxil): “Went to urgent care after one and half brutal days of flu symptoms..felt like it was the end of me. Only had the flu once in my life and just knew it was the flu again. Got swabbed positive for flu type A. Took the 2 pills the night I went to urgent care (Thurs). Friday I was about 70% better. Today is Saturday I’ve cleaned and disinfected the house, got some sushi and feel normal besides the insomnia but I’ll take it . Highly recommend. Only side effect is similar to tamiflu and that’s weird dreams and restless legs but I’ll take it over the flu symptoms. Just take it or suffer longer .”

Jkeel February 25, 2020

Xofluza (baloxavir marboxil): “Started flu symptoms Saturday afternoon, woke up Sunday with 101+ fever. Went to clinic and was prescribed xofluza. Took it around 2:00 pm. Felt horrible the rest of the evening. Woke up Monday morning feeling 90% better. Monday evening I was still a little weak, and may have had a slight fever. It is now Tuesday evening and I feel perfectly healthy!! I did have some mild diarrhea, which I don’t know if it was flu or medicine but very tolerable. Highly recommend xofluza!”

Parker · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2020

Xofluza (baloxavir marboxil): “I tested positive for type A Flu. I took the dosage at about 5pm the day after I showed symptoms. By the next morning I was feeling so much better. I was still weak, but no more fever, no more chills or body aches. I really love that it’s one dosage and not hard on the stomach.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 22, 2020

Xofluza (baloxavir marboxil): “Came down with flu symptoms quickly on a Monday, runny nose, scratchy throat, achy, chills, slight fever and a very deep and uncomfortable cough. Went into an emergency clinic (Just outside of 48 hour suggested window, was maybe 53 hours from very first symptom) and was prescribed Xofluza. Within 12 hours of taking the prescribed dose my cough had almost disappeared! No more fever and all other symptoms greatly reduced. It’s now been 2 1/2 days since I took the Xofluza and besides being more tired than usual I feel almost back to normal. This worked for me!”

Td · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2020

Xofluza (baloxavir marboxil): “I had all the classic influenza symptoms I felt as if a truck had hit me. Day 2 of realizing I had influenza and not a cold I was prescribed Xofluza I took the medication at 1130 a.m. and I was feeling miserable!!! I could not believe by 4 p.m. I was already feeling significantly better no more body aches or fever. My appetite is even back. I can not believe how fast this medication worked.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2020

Xofluza (baloxavir marboxil): “I was so scared to take this because of side effects, but was so sick and had a real high fever. Within 10 hrs of taking, fever went down 1.5-2.0 degrees and after 30 hours, fever gone. Also chills and body aches almost completely gone, just residual weakness. I took on empty stomach and no side effects at all.”

Thass February 3, 2020

Xofluza (baloxavir marboxil): “I started showing flu signs about 10 am Friday. Saw Dr about 2. I had fever of 101.5 and body aches. Started Xofluza about 3. With the help of over the counter drugs fever was gone by 9pm. Saturday some body aches plenty of diarrhea and no energy no appetite. Sunday some appetite lots of diarrhea still no energy. Monday day 4 very little energy but I did get out of the house still lots of diarrhea about 50% of normal appetite. By the end of the day I am drained and all I did was sitting two meetings the total 3 hours. We'll see what day 5 brings”

Mrs Conner · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2020

Xofluza (baloxavir marboxil): “I took Xofluza within 48 hrs of flu symptoms showing. I think it did cut down the length of the flu, however, I had the WORST dryness. My mouth was dry, my chest congestion was dry, my eyes were dry. I felt dehydrated but I definitely was not. All the dryness caused bronchitis. Now, I'm treating that. It was so painful I could not sleep. I would not take it again.”

Craig · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2020

Xofluza (baloxavir marboxil): “Wife got the Type A Flu in the U.S. to this medicine and within 30 hrs at 70% no fever or anything. In 48 hrs 90%. It's been 5 days now and she is 100% No side affects”

Inthe505 · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2020

Xofluza (baloxavir marboxil): “Took dose on second day of symptoms. Felt better within 5 hours. Next day was back to 90%. Works really quick to get you back up to normal.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 11, 2020

Xofluza (baloxavir marboxil): “Started showing symptoms of the flu around 4 am yesterday morning, cold sweats and pounding headache. Temperature was 101.6. By 6 am, symptoms worsened with severe body aches, chills, and headache. Went to the urgent care around 10 am and the doctor gave me a free sample of Xofluza. Took the medication with food around 11 am. Still dealt with some gnarly symptoms all day yesterday with my temperature going up to 102.8. Napped on and off with cold sweats, headache, body aches. I also took ibuprofen every time my temperature had risen and headache worsened. By 11 am today, my temperature was finally 97.9. My headache isn’t as severe, but it’s still there. My body aches are gone. By tomorrow, I should be good as new. I highly suggest this medication.”

Ettan · Taken for less than 1 month January 11, 2020

“I had very serious illness, with fever 40.6, and lot of other symptoms. 2 days after I took the medicine, I feel much better! The only thing I don't like, that doctor said I can’t breastfeeding my baby (however he also have influenza).”

Flossy · Taken for less than 1 month January 9, 2020

“Amazing. Took this 72 hours after I had first symptoms. Worked in 4 hours, felt better in 24 hours.”

Karen · Taken for less than 1 month December 28, 2019

Xofluza (baloxavir marboxil): “The doctor said I had the flu types A & B positive results from the swab test they took. I felt absolutely horrible. I shouldn't have even driven. Anyway, the medicine is very expensive so I asked if he would just give me antibiotics... The doctor didn't want to give me antibiotics so he gave me a sample of the Xofluza and OMG, I went home took the 2 pills, took a nap and about 4 to 5 five hours later there was a significant difference. The next day, still feeling a little under the weather and weak, but I'm up and around doing housework and laundry.... Wonderful stuff...”

Anonymous December 24, 2019

Xofluza (baloxavir marboxil): “Started feeling ill one evening but no fever. Had chills at 3am and went to urgent care that morning with fever of 101.5. Tested pos for flu. Took xofluza at 1pm. The next day I had no fevers all day, no more chills and was just tired. This stuff is amazing! It stopped it from progressing and my fevers are gone! I imagine tomorrow I'll be up and going again.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 21, 2019

Xofluza (baloxavir marboxil): “I have type b flu - took this medicine within the 1st 24 hours I am on day 3 and feel worse .”

Mikey · Taken for less than 1 month December 19, 2019

Xofluza (baloxavir marboxil): “Son had the flu, I was his primary care giver and despite my best precaution I started to feel bad at 9am this morning, temp was 100 by 12pm and my body started to ache. Decided to head straight to the urgent care and they prescribed me Xofluza. Took my first and only dose at 2pm my temp was 102.8 and my muscles were aching as if I pulled my back. Nose was stuffy and had a bad headache. It is now 8:30pm. My temp is 100.3 and my body aches are dramatically reduced, headache gone and nose it no longer stuffy. I feel way better and have a feeling with a good nights rest I will all better. My only advice is to start this ASAP, like I did.”

Cher December 12, 2019

Xofluza (baloxavir marboxil): “Xofluza medicine is expensive and so far my symptoms have gotten worse and nothing has gotten better.”

Momma2013 · Taken for less than 1 month November 19, 2019

Xofluza (baloxavir marboxil): “Was prescribed this several weeks ago the day after I started showing symptoms of flu. All this is is 2 pills you take as soon as you pick up; the next day I was almost symptom free.”