Secura Dimethicone Protectant
Generic Name: Dimethicone (Topical Products) (dye METH i kone)
Brand Name: 2-in-1 Cleanser, 4-N-1, Aloe Vesta Skin Conditioner, Aveeno Baby Calming Comfort, Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture, ...show all 35 brand names.Aveeno Daily Moisturizing, Aveeno Intense Relief, Aveeno Skin Relief, Baza Cleanse & Protect, Boudreauxs Rash Preventor, Boudreauxs Rash Protector, Cavilon Durable Barrier, Chapstick Ultra Renewal, Cool Bottoms, Gloves in a Bottle, Johnsons Baby Cream, Johnsons Baby Intense Moisture, Little Bottoms Daily Care, Mederma PM, Moisture Barrier, Monistat Complete Care, Natural Oatmeal, NeutrapHor, NeutrapHorus Rex, Normlshield, Pacquin Plus Hand/Body, Proshield Plus Skin Protectant, Remedy Cleansing Body, Remedy Moisture Barrier, Remedy Nutrashield, Remedy Skin Repair, Restore Cleanser & Moisturizer, Restore DimethiCreme, Secura Dimethicone Protectant, Vaniply
Uses of Secura Dimethicone Protectant:
- It is used to treat skin irritation.
- It is used to treat diaper rash.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Secura Dimethicone Protectant?
- If you have an allergy to Secura Dimethicone Protectant (dimethicone (topical products)) or any part of this medicine.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Secura Dimethicone Protectant with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Secura Dimethicone Protectant?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this medicine. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Do not put on open or deep wounds, animal bites, infections, or very bad burns or cuts.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If Secura Dimethicone Protectant is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this medicine while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Secura Dimethicone Protectant) best taken?
Use Secura Dimethicone Protectant as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Follow how to take this medicine as you have been told by your doctor. Do not use more than you were told to use.
- Do not take Secura Dimethicone Protectant by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, ears, and eyes (may burn).
- If this medicine gets in the eyes, rinse with cool water.
- Wash your hands before and after use. Do not wash your hands after use if putting this on your hand.
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Put a thin layer on the affected part and rub in gently.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- Many times Secura Dimethicone Protectant is used on an as needed basis. Do not use more often than told by the doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
What are some other side effects of Secura Dimethicone Protectant?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Secura Dimethicone Protectant?
- Store at room temperature.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about this medicine, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Secura Dimethicone Protectant or any other medicine. Only the healthcare provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for a specific patient. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Secura Dimethicone Protectant (dimethicone (topical products)). This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from the healthcare provider. You must talk with the healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
Review Date: December 6, 2017
More about Secura Dimethicone Protectant (emollients topical)
- Side Effects
- Pricing & Coupons
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: topical emollients