Generic Name: Sodium Chloride Injection Solution (SOW dee um KLOR ide)
Brand Name: Saline Flush ZR, SwabFlush Saline Flush
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 26, 2019.
Uses of Saline Flush ZR:
- It is used to treat low sodium levels.
- It is used to treat fluid loss.
- It is used to mix with a drug that is given as a shot.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Saline Flush ZR?
- If you have an allergy to sodium chloride or any other part of Saline Flush ZR (sodium chloride injection solution).
- If you are allergic to Saline Flush ZR (sodium chloride injection solution); any part of Saline Flush ZR (sodium chloride injection solution); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
- If you have high sodium levels or swelling.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with Saline Flush ZR (sodium chloride injection solution).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Saline Flush ZR (sodium chloride injection solution) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Saline Flush ZR?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Saline Flush ZR (sodium chloride injection solution). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Saline Flush ZR (sodium chloride injection solution) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
- If you are on a low-salt or salt-free diet, talk with your doctor.
- Have blood work checked as you have been told by the doctor. Talk with the doctor.
How is this medicine (Saline Flush ZR) best taken?
Use Saline Flush ZR (sodium chloride injection solution) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- It is given as an infusion into a vein over a period of time.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Call your doctor to find out what to do.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of electrolyte problems like mood changes, confusion, muscle pain or weakness, a heartbeat that does not feel normal, seizures, not hungry, or very bad upset stomach or throwing up.
- Shortness of breath, a big weight gain, or swelling in the arms or legs.
- Very bad dizziness or passing out.
- Fever or chills.
- Chest pain or pressure or a fast heartbeat.
- Burning, stinging, or redness where Saline Flush ZR (sodium chloride injection solution) goes into the body.
- Pain and irritation where Saline Flush ZR (sodium chloride injection solution) goes into the body.
What are some other side effects of Saline Flush ZR?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Saline Flush ZR?
- If you need to store Saline Flush ZR (sodium chloride injection solution) at home, talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist about how to store it.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Saline Flush ZR (sodium chloride injection solution), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about sodium chloride
- Side Effects
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- Drug class: minerals and electrolytes
- FDA Alerts (15)
- Sodium chloride flush
- Sodium chloride inhalation
- Sodium chloride oral
- Sodium Chloride Tablets
- Sodium Chloride Injection Solution
- ... +3 more