Sodium chloride Side Effects
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 4, 2022.
Applies to sodium chloride: oral solution, oral tablet
Other dosage forms:
Side effects requiring immediate medical attention
Along with its needed effects, sodium chloride may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking sodium chloride:
Incidence not known
- Fast heartbeat
- hives, itching, or rash
- joint pain, stiffness, or swelling
- redness of the skin
- shortness of breath
- swelling of the eyelids, face, lips, hands, or feet
- tightness in the chest
- troubled breathing or swallowing
More about sodium chloride
- Drug interactions
- Reviews (1)
- Drug images
- Pricing & coupons
- Drug class: minerals and electrolytes
- Latest FDA Alerts (17)
- Drug Information
- Sodium chloride inhalation
- Sodium chloride oral
- Sodium chloride (Advanced Reading)
- Sodium chloride Injection (Advanced Reading)
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.