Just for Kids
Generic Name: Stannous Fluoride Gel (STAN us FLOOR ide)
Brand Name: EasyGel, Just for Kids
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jun 29, 2020.
Uses of Just for Kids:
- This supplement is used to prevent cavities.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Just for Kids?
- If you have an allergy to fluoride or any other part of this medicine (Just for Kids).
- If you are allergic to this medicine (Just for Kids); any part of this medicine (Just for Kids); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
- If you have any of these health problems: Bone problems, joint problems, kidney problems, or ulcers.
- If the fluoride in your drinking water is greater than or equal to 0.6 parts per million.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with this medicine (Just for Kids).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this medicine (Just for Kids) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Just for Kids?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this medicine (Just for Kids). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Tell your dentist if your teeth become stained or spotted.
- Take good care of your teeth. See a dentist often.
- This medicine may cause harm if a large amount is swallowed. If a large amount of this medicine (Just for Kids) is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Different brands of this medicine (Just for Kids) may be for use in different ages of children. Talk with the doctor before giving this medicine (Just for Kids) to a child.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this medicine (Just for Kids) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Just for Kids) best taken?
Use this medicine (Just for Kids) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- If using the gel, apply a pea-sized amount and brush well. Let the drug stay on your teeth for 1 minute before spitting out.
- Do not swallow this medicine (Just for Kids).
- Do not eat, drink, or rinse for at least 30 minutes after using this medicine (Just for Kids).
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
- Very upset stomach or throwing up.
What are some other side effects of Just for Kids?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Just for Kids?
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about this medicine (Just for Kids), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
More about fluoride topical
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Compare Alternatives
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 19 Reviews
- Drug class: mouth and throat products
- Fluoride topical
- Sodium Fluoride Cream, Gel, and Paste
- Sodium Fluoride Rinse
- Stannous Fluoride Gel
- Stannous Fluoride Rinse
- Sodium fluoride Oral, Dental, Oromucosal (Advanced Reading)