User Reviews for Fluoride topical

Also known as: Biotene, Prevident, Prevident 5000 Plus, Denta 5000 Plus, PreviDent Gel, Prevident 5000 Dry Mouth, PreviDent 5000 Booster, Fluoridex, Clinpro 5000, Fluoridex Daily Defense, Neutral Sodium Fluoride Rinse, Neutramaxx 5000 TCP, Prevident Mouthwash, Tandem Perio Rinse, Gel-Kam, Phos-Flur, Stanimax Gel, Stop, Perfect Choice, Denti-Care Denti-Foam, Gel-Kam Dental Therapy Pak, Denti-Care Denti-Pro, Perio Med, Denti-Care Denti-Rinse, Stanimax Perio Rinse, Thera-Flur-N, Phosphate Fluoride, Gel-Kam Dentinbloc, Neutracare Gel, Oral B Anti-Cavity, ACT Fluoride Rinse, Gel-Kam Sensitivity Therapy, SF, SF 5000 Plus, Control Rx, Fluorinse, Prevident Dental Rinse, Prevident 500 Plus Boost, Dentagel, Omnii Gel Just For Kids, Fluoridex Daily Defense Enhanced Whitening, Fluoridex Whitening, Fluorigard, OrthoWash, PCXX Gel, ACT Restoring Mouthwash Mint, ACT Restoring Mouthwash Spearmint, ACT Restoring Mouthwash Cinnamon, ACT Restoring Mouthwash Vanilla Mint, Acclean Plus, Neutragard, Neutragard Advanced, Colgate Total Advanced Clean, Colgate Total Whitening Gel, ControlRx Multi Toothpaste, ControlRx Toothpaste, Darby, Darby Topical Fuoride Gel, DentiCare Pro-Foam, DentiCare Pro-Gel, DentiCare Pro-Rinse, Fidelis APG Gel, Flor-Opal Gel, Fluorishield, Gelato APF Foam, Gelato APF Gel, Gelato Neutral PH, Gelato X, Ionite APF Foam, Ionite APF Gel, Ionite R, Mentadent Advanced Breath Freshening, Neutra Maxx, Neutramaxx 5000 Plus Turbo, NRG APF Gel, Oral-B Fluorinse, Oral-B Minute Foam, Oral-B Neutra Foam, Ortho Guard, PCXX Foam, Phocal PHN, Phos-Flur Gel, Pro-Den Rx, Purelife APF, Purelife APF Foam, VividSensiGuard, SF Gel, Sorbet APF Gel, Sorbet Neutral, Sorbet Rinse, Ultra Control, Zap APF, Zap Neutral, Zooby …show all brand names

Prevention of Dental Caries
4.6

Summary of Fluoride reviews 4.9 16 reviews

Reviews for Fluoride

Whit June 6, 2019

Perio Med (fluoride) for Prevention of Dental Caries: "I was given periogel by my dentist to prevent the return of my gum disease. I was thrilled that there was a product that would help keep it from coming back. I immediately started using the periogel everyday for 15 minutes. The day after I started using it I got very sick and thought I had food poisoning from a salad bar where I had eaten lunch. I continued feeling sick with stomach pain and diarrhea for over a month and I thought that I had lingering problems from food poisoning. I made an appt. with my doctor and decided to go off the gel to see what would happen. The next day I felt much better and 3 days later was completely back to normal. Needless to say I am upset that I was not told about any side effects."

SVguy May 4, 2019

Fluoridex Daily Defense (fluoride) for Prevention of Dental Caries: "I was given this (Fluoridex Daily Defense) by my dentist and reluctantly used it starting a couple years ago (early 2017). I was told to use it, spit out the toothpaste, but not rinse. While using this toothpaste, I had some stomach/GI issues occur. I thought it was my diet and I even went to the doctor to investigate, but could not locate any issue. The symptoms showed up gradually, but I would have sharp pains in my lower right abdomen/stomach area, along with bloating. Generally, these would occur in the middle of the night/morning and get better as the day went on, but still persisted. I had a light bulb moment at the beginning of 2019 wondering if this was causing my persistent issues. In 2017 (shortly after I started using it) I had muscle issues/tendonitis/sensitivity in both elbows and numbness in my fingers in the night, along with loss of grip strength. Since ceasing utilizing the toothpaste, my tendonitis and other symptoms are basically non-existent."

Duchess · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 8, 2018

Clinpro 5000 (fluoride) for Prevention of Dental Caries: "Our dentist gave this to my 10 year-old daughter, and she began to use it. A week later, she developed a stomachache. We took her to the doctor, tried a bland diet, probiotics...everything we could. After a month of frustration and tears, it struck me that she'd been using this toothpaste. I did some research, and sure enough, she had all the symptoms of fluoride poisoning. We had her stop using it. It's taken some time, but she's recovered."

cricket · Taken for less than 1 month October 5, 2018

Clinpro 5000 (fluoride) for Prevention of Dental Caries: "I tried clinpro 5000 given to me by my dentist, It helped my teeth but caused me to have all kinds of stomach problems. Please try hard not to swallow it as bloating and gas occurs immediately."

Chris · Taken for less than 1 month August 7, 2018

For Prevention of Dental Caries: "Product seemed okay, but it practically took a pair of pliers to OPEN the blasted top! Called the company and representative mentioned that they were aware of the problem. "We have contacted the manufacturer of those tops to request that they be improved," she stated. Could I please get a replacement tube? "No, there is nothing we can do." Seriously? I have MY own company and I know that there is ALWAYS "something you can do" for the customer. Would never purchase this product again!"

Fred · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 2, 2018

Fluoridex (fluoride) for Prevention of Dental Caries: "This prescription strength anti cavity toothpaste may be good at preventing cavities, but opening the cap is nearly impossible. The catch is so strong that it takes a lot of twisting & heavy leverage to get the cap to snap open. We've gone thru 4 tubes now & all of them were the same, so it's not just a temporary manufacturing glitch. It's a poorly designed snap cap."

Ron · Taken for less than 1 month May 25, 2018

Pro-Den Rx (fluoride) for Prevention of Dental Caries: "It may be good medicinally, however, the taste is TERRIBLE and caused "instant dry-mouth" to me. Having to formulate the mixture myself before using is NOT "user friendly". The taste alone turned me off completely!!!"

Ouch2018 January 4, 2018

Pro-Den Rx (fluoride) for Prevention of Dental Caries: "I was instructed to rinse with the mouth rinse for 14 days before bed to help my gums. After about day 9 I started to wake up with swollen lips and a weird feeling in my mouth. It is day 13 and I think I will not be using it the last day my mouth is sore with patches that feel raw and very uncomfortable."

Drymouth210 · Taken for less than 1 month November 2, 2017

Pro-Den Rx (fluoride) for Prevention of Dental Caries: "I have experienced severe dry mouth after using Pro-denRX aqueous gel for teeth brushing. I used it for three weeks before I finally realized that my dry mouth started when I began the use of the toothpaste. I have stopped using Pro-denRX and hope the side effects will eventually disappear. It has only been two days since I stopped use, so it is too early to tell much. My mouth is still severely dry."

Sensitive Senior · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 4, 2015

Prevident 5000 Plus (fluoride) for Prevention of Dental Caries: "I am an RN in the over 65 population, and used Prevident 5000 Plus for 3 months. I had to discontinue it due to sensitivity, noted to be a higher risk in my age group. The sensitivity wasn't immediate, but gradual, with increasing tongue and throat soreness and GI upset over time, until it reached a level that could not be ignored. In the 36 hours since discontinuing it, the discomfort has reduced considerably, so it seems to be the culprit. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to tolerate this long enough to judge its effectiveness for prevention."

Carolyn B. · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 22, 2015

Clinpro 5000 (fluoride) for Prevention of Dental Caries: "I have had a perfect check up, for four years in a row, using Clinpro toothpaste. It has saved me alot of money, & improved my gums. I am very satisfied with this product. I would recommend everyone to invest in it. My Dentist is one of the top 500 Dentists in America, located in Fort Smith, Arkansas, who recommended me to start using this great product. I have all the faith in my Dentist. Just brush with Clinpro, floss daily, & have regular check ups, and I believe you will be happy as I am with this toothpaste. It has more fluoride & calcium than any toothpaste over the counter. I encourage everyone to try this toothpaste."

Kurt J · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 13, 2015

For Prevention of Dental Caries: "Using in trays post-radiation, easier to fill trays with this style of tube."

Mary Eileen · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 23, 2013

ACT Restoring Mouthwash Mint (fluoride) for Prevention of Dental Caries: "ACT was recommended by my dentist. I have had no cavities or softening of the enamel on my teeth since I started using ACT. I think it is one of the best products of any kind I have used, and there have been no side effects."

PKLM March 14, 2013

Fluoridex (fluoride) for : "My dentist suggested using it regularly after nothing specific could be found with any teeth. It has resolved my problem and feels good everyday and has no unpleasant after taste like some of the off the shelf fluoride toothpastes."

Anonymous September 6, 2011

For Prevention of Dental Caries: "Been using for a couple of weeks and sensitivity of my teeth has decreased. My teeth would ache they were so sensitive. Now they do not. Also am rinsing twice daily with Oral B flourinse."

munjie September 4, 2011

For Prevention of Dental Caries: "This product is just terrific. I can eat ice cream without heating it. It's a great product that I highly recommend. I've tried many of the other prescription options available and this is by far the best. It needs some good marketing to spread the good word about how it can help people."

very satisfied September 16, 2010

For Prevention of Dental Caries: "I've switched to 3M's new Clinpro 5000 formula, which was highly recommended by my dentist. I've been using the product for several months and thus far I've experienced less sensitity and my teeth just feel better."