60 Second Fluoride Gel Prescribing Information
Package insert / product label
Generic name: sodium fluoride
Dosage form: gel
Drug class: Mouth and throat products
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jan 26, 2022.
Indications and Usage for 60 Second Fluoride Gel
- A stable thixotropic fluoride treatment gel used to help prevent dental decay.
- For Professional Use Only. This product is not intended for home or unsupervised use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not swallow. If product is accidentally swallowed in quantities greater than would normally occur with a treatment gel, seek medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Read directions carefully before using.
60 Second Fluoride Gel Dosage and Administration
Shake well before use. This is a one minute or four minute fluoride gel for in-office patient use. It is normally used as a preventative caries treatment two times a year.
1. After thorough prophylaxsis, fill two single or one dual tray, one third full with gel. Air dry teeth and insert trays into the mouth.
2. Instruct patient to bite down lightly but firmly for one minute (80% effectiveness) or four minutes (100% effectiveness).
3. Remove trays. Instruct patient to expectorate any excess gel and not to eat or drink for at least 30 minutes.
Citric Acid, Flavor, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phosphoric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Saccharin, Titanium Dioxide, Water, Xanthan Gum, Xylitol. May contain Blue #1, Green #3, Red #3, Red #40, Yellow #5 (tartazine). Yellow #6 as a color additive.
|60 SECOND FLUORIDE GEL
sodium fluoride gel
|Labeler - Darby Dental Supply, LLC (825137818)|
More about fluoride topical
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- Reviews (32)
- Drug images
- Side effects
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: mouth and throat products
- En español
- Fluoride Foam prescribing information
- Sodium Fluoride Dental Cream (FDA)
- Sodium Fluoride Dental Gel (FDA)
- Sodium Fluoride Paste (FDA)
- Sodium Fluoride and Potassium Nitrate Gel (FDA)
- Stannous Fluoride Oral Rinse (FDA)