Generic Name: sodium fluoride
Dosage Form: oral concentrate
Medically reviewed on December 1, 2017
Active Ingredient (before dilution):
Fluoride Ion 1.5%
Available from 3.3% Sodium fluoride
Indications and Usage:
- To be used under the direction of or as prescribed by a dental professional.
- This is a prescription fluoride rinse used to help prevent dental decay.
- Do not use before diluting with water.
- Keep out of reach of children. Children under 6 years of age; consult a dentist or doctor prior to use.
- Do not swallow. If product is accidentally swallowed in quantities greater than would normally occur with a rinse, seek medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Use only after properly diluting according to one of the following formulas. Mix with distilled water only.
A. For 0.2% fluoride ion, neutral pH mouth rinse (weekly treatment):
Pour entire contents of concentrate bottle (4oz or 113.5mL) into clean mixing quart bottle. Add 28oz (286mL) of distilled water and blend.
B. For 0.5% fluoride ion, neutral pH mouth rinse (for use as prescribed):
Pour entire contents of concentrate bottle (4oz or 113.5mL) into clean mixing bottle. Add 8oz (227mL) of distilled water and blend.
Dosage and Administration:
1. At bedtime, brush and floss teeth thoroughly.
2. Pour out one tablespoon (1/3oz or 10mL) of the diluted solution.
3. Place in mouth and rinse for 60 seconds and expectorate (spit out).
4. Do not eat or drink for 30 minutes.
Store at controlled room temperature 59-86°F (15-30°C). Protect from freezing.
DMDM Hydantoin, FD&C Blue #1, Flavoring, Polysorbate 20, Saccharin and Water.
sodium fluoride concentrate
|Labeler - Mycone Dental Supply Co., Inc DBA Keystone Industries and Deepak Products Inc (078654194)|
|Mycone Dental Supply Co., Inc DBA Keystone Industries and Deepak Products Inc||078654194||manufacture(68400-328), label(68400-328)|
More about Sorbet Rinse (fluoride topical)
- Sorbet Rinse Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Support Group
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: mouth and throat products