Generic Name: Glasdegib (glas DEG ib)
Brand Name: Daurismo
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Apr 23, 2020.
- Use of glasdegib during pregnancy may cause birth defects or death of the unborn baby. You will need to have a pregnancy test to show that you are NOT pregnant before starting glasdegib. Talk with the doctor.
- Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy while taking glasdegib and for at least 1 month after stopping glasdegib.
- If you are a man and have sex with a pregnant female or a female who can get pregnant, you must use a condom while you take glasdegib and for at least 1 month after your last dose. Use a condom even if you have had a vasectomy.
Uses of Glasdegib:
- It is used to treat leukemia.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Glasdegib?
- If you are allergic to glasdegib; any part of glasdegib; or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
- If you take any drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) that must not be taken with glasdegib, like certain drugs that are used for HIV, infections, or seizures. There are many drugs that must not be taken with glasdegib.
- If you are taking any drugs that can cause a certain type of heartbeat that is not normal (prolonged QT interval). There are many drugs that can do this. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- If you are breast-feeding. Do not breast-feed while you take glasdegib or for 1 month after you stop glasdegib.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with glasdegib.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take glasdegib with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Glasdegib?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take glasdegib. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Have blood work checked as you have been told by the doctor. Talk with the doctor.
- This medicine may cause a type of abnormal heartbeat (prolonged QT interval). If this happens, the chance of other unsafe and sometimes deadly abnormal heartbeats may be raised.
- You will need an ECG before starting glasdegib and during treatment. Talk with your doctor.
- Do not donate blood or blood products while taking glasdegib and for at least 30 days after your last dose.
- Do not donate semen while taking glasdegib and for at least 30 days after your last dose.
- If you have upset stomach, throwing up, diarrhea, or are not hungry, talk with your doctor. There may be ways to lower these side effects.
- This medicine may affect being able to father a child. Talk with the doctor.
- If you get pregnant while taking glasdegib or within 1 month after your last dose, call your doctor right away.
- If you are a woman and you miss a period, have unprotected sex, or think that your birth control has not worked, call your doctor right away.
- If you are a man and your sex partner gets pregnant while you take glasdegib or within 1 month after your last dose, call your doctor right away.
- If you are a man and have unprotected sex with a female who is or could get pregnant, call your doctor right away.
How is this medicine (Glasdegib) best taken?
Use glasdegib as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take glasdegib at the same time of day.
- Take with or without food.
- Do not chew, break, or crush.
- Keep taking glasdegib as you have been told by your doctor or other health care provider, even if you feel well.
- If you throw up after taking a dose, do not repeat the dose. Take your next dose at your normal time.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is less than 12 hours until the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or within 12 hours of each other.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of bleeding like throwing up or coughing up blood; vomit that looks like coffee grounds; blood in the urine; black, red, or tarry stools; bleeding from the gums; abnormal vaginal bleeding; bruises without a cause or that get bigger; or bleeding you cannot stop.
- Signs of kidney problems like unable to pass urine, change in how much urine is passed, blood in the urine, or a big weight gain.
- Signs of electrolyte problems like mood changes, confusion, muscle pain or weakness, a heartbeat that does not feel normal, seizures, not hungry, or very bad upset stomach or throwing up.
- Dizziness or passing out.
- Fast or slow heartbeat.
- A heartbeat that does not feel normal.
- Chest pain.
- Feeling very tired or weak.
- Fever or chills.
- Sore throat.
- Shortness of breath.
What are some other side effects of Glasdegib?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Not hungry.
- Stomach pain.
- Change in taste.
- Hair loss.
- Feeling tired or weak.
- Back, bone, joint, muscle, or neck pain.
- Mouth sores.
- Mouth or throat pain or irritation.
- Gum pain or irritation.
- Weight loss.
- Muscle spasm.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Glasdegib?
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- This medicine comes with an extra patient fact sheet called a Medication Guide. Read it with care. Read it again each time glasdegib is refilled. If you have any questions about glasdegib, please talk with the doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Frequently Asked Questions
More about glasdegib
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- En Español
- Drug class: hedgehog pathway inhibitors
Other brands: Daurismo