Will a steroid injection help neuropathy pain?

4 Answers

KKrandle 27 Sep 2018

It does for me. I was having pretty bad neuropathy pain until I got a shot last Friday. It stopped the pain pretty much immediately. Doesnt work for everyone but its worth trying.

Sandra Heyneman 27 Sep 2018

Find out why you have neuropathy. Why would you want to take something so toxic and bad for your future health? Not worth the temporary relief.

KKrandle 27 Sep 2018

There are different types of shots hon - not all are “toxic” as you suggest. And, Y-E-S, the shots are totally worth it for me. They help me have a pretty normal life with minimal pain. I’ll take that any day over being in constant pain. That’s just me though - for some people, shots don’t help at all. My suggestion is to try it out before judging it.

Michael3551 27 Sep 2018

What were your symptons of Neuropathy pain. Thanks Mike

LNunnink 3 Mar 2020

I received a steroid injection five days ago for a neck/back injury. Since two days after the injection, my neuropathy in my feet is virtually non-existent. While the numbness remains, I can climb right out of bed in the mornings without the severe pain I was experiencing previously. Though the injection was not administered to reduce the neuropathy pain, I'm extremely pleased with the unintended results.

leesten 3 Mar 2020

For how long does the steroid injection help the neuropathy pain? Hours, days, weeks?

LNunnink 3 Mar 2020

I'm not certain. This is my first steroid injection and research indicates it could last anywhere from several weeks up to two years. Its going to be a 'wait and see' for me. My doctor indicated that he has seen similar neuropathy responses in patients, but the longevity of the steroid effects vary.

leesten 4 Mar 2020

Please keep us up to date. Most of us, if not all of us, are desperate looking for some sort of pain relief. If anyone else has had experience in neuropathy pain relief from steroid injections, please share your story. Thank you for starting this thread!