Having a few side effects and have ended my doseage but want to side effects to go away.
This question has also been asked and answered here: How long does prednisone stay in your system for... I have bronchitis?
The elimination half life of prednisone is around 3 to 4 hours. This is the time it takes for your body to reduce the plasma levels by half.
It usually takes around 5.5 half lives for a drug to be completely eliminated from your system.
With that in mind you could expect a dose or prednisone to be out of your system 16.5 to 22 hours later.
Other factors also need to be taken into account and include:
1. How much and how often you have taken the drug.
2. Your metabolic rate – a slower metabolism will increase the time a drug remains in your system.
3. Your age and health – older age and poor health will generally increase the time the drug stays in your system.
4. Body mass – generally the bigger you are the longer a drug will remain in your system.
Hope this is of help.
- Prednisone Information for Consumers
- Prednisone Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Prednisone (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 13 Jun 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 17 Jun 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 21 Jul 2011 • 2 answers
Posted 10 Sep 2011 • 3 answers
Posted 11 Jan 2015 • 1 answer