"Lidocaine is a medicine called a local anaesthetic which is used to produce
numbness to a part of your body to relieve pain or discomfort.
Lidocaine Ointment is used:
• for numbing gums in dentistry
• for rectal itch or ulcers (pruritus ani or anal
• for relief of female genital itch (pruritus
• for relief of piles (haemorrhoids)
• for relief of shingles (herpes zoster), cold
sores (herpes labialis)
• for the relief of sore nipples in nursing
• as a lubricant for rectal or urethral
examination (proctoscopy and cystoscopy)."
- Lidocaine Information for Consumers
- Lidocaine Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Lidocaine (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Can Lidocaine ointment be applied to vagina for painful sex & how long will the numbing effect last?
Updated 1 Oct 2018 • 5 answers
L-M-X4 - my dr did not tell me the dosage for lidocaine ointment on the coccyx area per day. I have?
Updated 30 Mar 2012 • 1 answer
Updated 29 Nov 2012 • 1 answer
What is this medicine used for. LIDOCAINE HYDROCHLORIDE ORAL TOPICAL SOLUTION USP, 2% (VISCOUS) 100?
Updated 27 Jan 2015 • 1 answer
Updated 31 May 2016 • 3 answers