"Lidocaine is a medicine called a local anaesthetic which is used to produce
numbness to a part of your body to relieve pain or discomfort.
Lidocaine Ointment is used:
• for numbing gums in dentistry
• for rectal itch or ulcers (pruritus ani or anal
• for relief of female genital itch (pruritus
• for relief of piles (haemorrhoids)
• for relief of shingles (herpes zoster), cold
sores (herpes labialis)
• for the relief of sore nipples in nursing
• as a lubricant for rectal or urethral
examination (proctoscopy and cystoscopy)."
- Lidocaine Information for Consumers
- Lidocaine Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Lidocaine (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 9 Sep 2010 • 4 answers
L-M-X4 - my dr did not tell me the dosage for lidocaine ointment on the coccyx area per day. I have?
Posted 30 Mar 2012 • 1 answer
What is this medicine used for. LIDOCAINE HYDROCHLORIDE ORAL TOPICAL SOLUTION USP, 2% (VISCOUS) 100?
Posted 27 Jan 2015 • 1 answer
Posted 22 Aug 2017 • 0 answers
Posted 16 Jul 2018 • 0 answers