my mother was taking valium for anxiety. She is now taking something called Zyprexa. Its an oval bluee pill that has LILLY 4415 printed on it. Are these drugs the same?
Zyprexa is a anti-phsycotic and is often used when anti-depressents aren't working... Dave:)
Hi, Zyprexa is an antipsychotic which has properties, when taken, that can lighten or make more ttolerant anxiety symptoms. Valium is in the family of benzodiapines, so yes they are different with the Valium having addiction potential and the Zyprexa doe not.
Hi Im bipolar , 41 male ( besides other consitions)
Did your doc prescribed zyprexa for your mom? How many mg is she on, and when did she start taking it?
I took zypreza (Olanzapine) for many years and it helped me with many of my conditions, but I also was on many other meds so I would not be 100% certain. Lilly is a french pharmaceutical ( very good).
Case-reports, open-label, and small pilot studies suggest efficacy of olanzapine for the treatment of some anxiety spectrum disorders (e.g. generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder); however, olanzapine has not been rigorously evaluated in randomized, placebo-controlled trials for this use and is not FDA approved for these indications.
* akathisia (inability to remain still)
* dry mouth
* urinary retention
* orthostatic hypotension
* weight gain
* increased appetite
* runny nose
* low blood pressure
* impaired judgment, thinking, and motor skills
* impaired spatial orientation
* impaired responses to senses
* trouble swallowing
* dental problems and discoloration of teeth
* missed periods
* problems with keeping body temperature regulated
* apathy, lack of emotion
* Endocrine side effects have included hyperprolactinemia, hyperglycemia, and diabetes mellitus
* Hyperprolactinemia causing sexual dysfunction, menstrual irregularities, and osteoporosis
My doctor has me on zyprexa and prozac for a mild form of bi-polar disorder called cyclothymia- when classes andfinals I have anxiety and he recommended that I take an extra zyprexa to reduce my anxiety- he said it was like an elephant gun to anxiety but would help. :)
- Zyprexa Information for Consumers
- Zyprexa Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Zyprexa (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.