Is it safe to take hydroxyzine syrumor for cough?

Marvell 28 Jan 2010

Hydroxyzine isn't really indication for treatment of cough, however it may help sometimes.

https://www.drugs.com/comments/hydroxyzine/

Crystalnikkicody 23 Dec 2016

Is hydroxyzine a cough suppressant?

Anonymous 23 Dec 2016

The two reasons that hydroxyzine are prescribed are for itching and anxiety. It is a form of an antihistamine, much stronger, but in the same class as benadryl. Hydroxyzine HCL is the generic form of Atarax, which comes in 10mg tablets. Hydroxyzine Palmoate is the generic form of Vistaril which comes in 25mg capsules. My doctor prescribes it to me to help me sleep. I have taken it in the past when I had a very serious skin allergic reaction, and it helped to stop the itching. There is no indication for it to be prescribed for coughing. The only thing I can think of is, if the coughing is keeping you awake, it might help you to sleep better. But a cough medicine would be more effective for a cough. There are so many different ones available.