How much prednisone can you take before it is dangerous?

The initial dosage of DELTASONE (Prednisone) Tablets may vary from 5 mg to 60 mg of prednisone per day depending on the specific disease entity being treated. In situations of less severity lower doses will generally suffice while in selected patients higher initial doses may be required. The initial dosage should be maintained or adjusted until a satisfactory response is noted.

Please read more: https://www.drugs.com/dosage/deltasone.html, however it would be advisable to talk to your healthcare provider, hope this helps?
However it would be better