What can I take in addition to naproxen 500 for pain?

LaurieShay 9 Dec 2012

Only other over the counter pain reliever you should take with naproxen is tylenol. The other options such as ibuprofen or aspirin should not be taken along with the naproxen.

kaismama 9 Dec 2012

If the naproxen isn't helping, then you need to tell the doc about it too.

Anonymous 11 Dec 2012

What kind of pain are you having? Are you taking it daily? More than once a day? What about the dosage? Naproxen can do a really bad number to your digestive system, I hope that you are aware of this!! It can destroy your liver, eat away at your stomach, and cause reflux. Actually, it does more damage than opiods. I hope that you are not taking it daily! It can really hurt you!! Please talk to your doctor about other options, besides Naproxen.

Samantha Jones 21 Jul 2013

Ibrobrofen

Samantha Jones 21 Jul 2013

I apolagise as I thought the question was what is equally good for pain relief as well as Naproxen. I already knew that other pain relief such as Asprin or Paracetamol could & can be taken along side Naproxen, as an when required 4 to 6 hourly

msjgury 13 Aug 2013

my doctor told me to absolutely NOT take ibuprofen with the naproxen 500.