Generic name: nitroglycerin
Dosage form: Transdermal Infusion System
- Nitro-Bid nitroglycerin
- Nitro-Time extended-release capsules
- Nitrolingual Spray
- NitroMist sublingual aerosol
- Nitrostat tablet, sublingual
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Nitro-Dur safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Nitro-Dur.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
The suggested starting dose is between 0.2 mg/hr1 and 0.4 mg/hr1. Doses between 0.4 mg/hr1 and 0.8 mg/hr1 have shown continued effectiveness for 10 to 12 hours daily for at least 1 month (the longest period studied) of intermittent administration. Although the minimum nitrate-free interval has not been defined, data show that a nitrate-free interval of 10 to 12 hours is sufficient (see CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY). Thus, an appropriate dosing schedule for nitroglycerin patches would include a daily patch-on period of 12 to 14 hours and a daily patch-off period of 10 to 12 hours.
Although some well-controlled clinical trials using exercise tolerance testing have shown maintenance of effectiveness when patches are worn continuously, the large majority of such controlled trials have shown the development of tolerance (ie, complete loss of effect) within the first 24 hours after therapy was initiated. Dose adjustment, even to levels much higher than generally used, did not restore efficacy.
- Release rates were formerly described in terms of drug delivered per 24 hours. In these terms, the supplied NITRO-DUR systems would be rated at 2.5 mg/24 hours (0.1 mg/hour), 5 mg/24 hours (0.2 mg/hour), 7.5 mg/24 hours (0.3 mg/hour), 10 mg/24 hours (0.4 mg/hour), and 15 mg/24 hours (0.6 mg/hour).
- Nitro-Dur Side Effects
- Nitro-Dur Drug Interactions
- Minitran (nitroglycerin) patch dosage information
- Nitro-Bid (nitroglycerin) nitroglycerin dosage information
- Nitro-Time (nitroglycerin) extended-release capsules dosage information
- Nitroglycerin dosage information
- Nitrolingual (ntroglycerin) Spray dosage information
- NitroMist (nitroglycerin) sublingual aerosol dosage information
- NitroMist (nitroglycerin) consumer information
- Nitrostat (nitroglycerin) tablet, sublingual dosage information
- Rectiv (nitroglycerin) consumer information
- Rectiv Ointment (nitroglycerin) rectal ointment dosage information
- Transderm Nitro (nitroglycerin) Transdermal Therapeutic System dosage information