User Reviews for Amlodipine

Also known as: Norvasc

Learn more about Amlodipine.

Migraine Prevention 11 reviews 32 medications

Coronary Artery Disease 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Amlodipine reviews 113 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Amlodipine

Review by chantelle82 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

amlodipine for High Blood Pressure: My doctor put me on Amlodipine 10mg in February 2013 and it has been great for my blood pressure. I have no problems with any side effects.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 5, 2014 4:23 PM
Review by TinFL:

amlodipine for Migraine Prevention: Through the years I had tried NUMEROUS meds for migraines to the point that my neurologist sent me to a migraine specialist because he had run out of ideas. The specialist put me on Norvasc and within a week, my migraines had completely stopped. I have not had this kind of relief in years! He had even gotten me approved for Botox and when I told him my positive results, he cancelled the Botox. Love this medicine.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 31, 2014 3:47 PM
Review by Real_Grenadine: User Rating:

amlodipine for High Blood Pressure: It has lowered my blood pressure, which was crazy high (upper number 210 once and otherwise always in the 190's). Everything was fine at first. But now I'm so tired it hurts. I am actually so fatigued that I am close to not being able to function. I have also noticed some double vision (comes & goes).

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 18, 2014 3:21 PM
Review by Trshmi (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

amlodipine for Migraine Prevention: I was prescribed this medication for borderline hypertension 140/90. I have also had migraines with aura for years. I have tried many medicines. For the first 3 days, I had a headache. After that, bam, no more migraines with auras and very few headaches. It is incredible. I take 2.5 mg per day. I finally have my life back!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 16, 2014 1:26 AM
Review by Aloulooney: User Rating:

amlodipine for High Blood Pressure: Have been on Amlodipine for about 2 years. At first it worked wonderful. Now experiencing rapid heart beat, headache, tingling in upper body some weakness. also elevated pressure at times. Will have to try something else. Tried many before this one.

February 16, 2014 1:37 PM
Review by Ebby12345: User Rating:

amlodipine for High Blood Pressure: I've been taking this medication for about 4 months. The First month was fine it brought my blood pressure down to acceptable numbers. The side effects started gradually. I was really forgetful and would sometimes feel confused. Then the trembling in my legs started them spread to my arms went from trembling to twitching really fast then it spread to my face. During this time anxiety is slowly creeping in it was getting a little worse everyday until it was a constant feeling. Pressure in my head constantly and full blown panic attacks by month 4. I discussed this with my doctor and I stopped taking this medication 2 days ago and was prescribed something else. I can feel my anxiety subsiding.

January 31, 2014 4:30 PM
Review by tmichelle:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: Going on three years of taking this medicine. Blood pressure is normal 118/66. Usually 118/70 sometimes 99/55.

January 25, 2014 11:25 PM
Review by Conanette (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

amlodipine for Migraine Prevention: I started having menstrual migraines monthly in my mid-thirties. They had gotten to the point of lasting upwards of 18 hours with uncontrollable vomiting and moderate pain for a day or two before and after the migraine. I started taking Treximet and an anti-nausua medicine which did work when the migraine started but was still living my life around avoiding triggers. I also developed mild hypertension during these years. My dr. prescribed 2.5mg amlopine and the migraines decreased in intensity. He upped dosage over time to control the hypertension and my migraine intensity decreased proportionally each time. By the time I got to 10mg, the migraines were gone. I still get a little headachy each month, but it's just that, a mild headache.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 3, 2014 11:42 PM
Review by TMichelle (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: I'm 32 years old and at first Amlodopine made me feel depressed, dizzy and anxious. Now I am used to this medication. I have so much energy. Before this medication I was on the verge of a heart attack and stroke. My blood pressure is 110/70.

December 28, 2013 11:30 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

amlodipine for Migraine Prevention: I would get migraines weekly and when it wasn't a migraine it was a headache that turned into a tension headache and later lead back to a migraine. I tried everything and was put on everything. Finally, I tried amlodipine and the next day, no headache no migraine. I was amazed. I take it every night before bed. I didn't feel dizzy and haven't had any swelling. I was worried cause my blood pressure runs low already, but I'm doing so much better now and no side effects.

December 13, 2013 1:03 AM
Review by Cured?: User Rating:

amlodipine for Migraine Prevention: I have had chronic migraines for almost three years. Tried many different medicines and supplements. I was put on amlodipine and it worked almost immediately. I haven't had a headache in four and half weeks since starting the medicine. It is a miracle. Swelling in ankles, but it's a lot better than 2 migraines a week!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 11, 2013 8:13 PM
Review by Sanricka: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: Keeps my blood pressure down. I have been taking it for 5 months, I now have muscle cramps, and have a problem sleeping. I am going to try a new medicine, I can't take the severe cramping in my body.

December 10, 2013 12:16 PM
Review by jay dog: User Rating:

amlodipine for High Blood Pressure: I started taking amlodipine besylate about 6months ago started at 5mg. now 10mg. My feet, ankles&hands swell. My top number has gone down from 210-220 to upper 130's to 140's but bottom number has increased to mid 90's to 100's +. I have sever back problems and kidney disease dr. don't want to change medication cause kidneys stop working when he does lisinopol doesn't work. Does anyone have any suggestions? My body just hurts all the time.some days can't even move.

November 11, 2013 2:02 PM
Review by hintonmj: User Rating:

amlodipine for Migraine Prevention: I did a lot of research. Amlodipine seems to be the best migraine preventative for those of us with stubborn nearly daily migraines that don't seem to respond to the typical medications, at least in the long term. I was on two other preventatives for years: Inderal and Amitriptyline. I am now weaning off of both these other medications. I was getting about one headache a week for the first couple weeks at 10 mg, now I think it's been two weeks since my last one. No side effects for me. It's a miracle. Verapamil seems to have the same effect, but requires very high doses up to 720 mg/day. You MUST try this medication if you have tried the others without lasting effects.

August 26, 2013 9:02 AM
Review by HBP for years (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

amlodipine for High Blood Pressure: This medication definitely controls high blood pressure. However, talk about swelling - both feet and ankles. Its a no win situation but what does help and helps substantially is weight loss and walking. Walking is the best thing since sliced bread - highly recommended. With this medication a little exercise goes a long way. Great reason to walk the dog.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 16, 2013 12:35 PM
Review by matty 1,000 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

amlodipine for High Blood Pressure: Was taking lisinopril which didn't help my blood pressure... it actually went up a little to 190/84. It gave me shots of chest pain and a pounding heartbeat. My doctor quickly took me off and put me on Amlodipine, which lowered my blood pressure to 134/74 in 2 weeks, and NO side effects! The pounding in my chest GONE! A true wonder for me!

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 1, 2013 8:04 AM
Review by fatfeet:

amlodipine for High Blood Pressure: Blood pressure now down. Feel good walk a little. It helps.

March 27, 2013 2:43 AM
Review by AgabbyWon: User Rating:

amlodipine for High Blood Pressure: I started this med: 3/18/13...As for side effects I've had all but swelling in hands, feet and throat area. One item I would like to add to the list is...Insomnia. Three nights now but not in a row. I see the Dr. next week.

March 22, 2013 12:29 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

amlodipine for High Blood Pressure: Terrible medication. Gave me headaches, frightening dizzy spells and didn't work well. Blood Pressure kept spiking to 155/90. Switched to Lisinopril and blood pressure was stable at 115/65.

March 1, 2013 3:07 AM
Review by 11Gs: User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: With the DASH diet and exercise my BP was still high and the doctor increased my daily 5mg of Norvasc to 10mg. It helps decrease my usual 170/104 to approx 150/70 but only for a few hours. I am fatigued, headaches and super cold feet and hands constantly. I also have muscle cramps. I feel as if I had a heart attack a few days ago but my doctor says its gastritis. The side effects are worse than hypertension itself! Maybe I need a new medicine and/or a new physician. Good health to you!

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 28, 2013 2:52 PM
Review by Sky24 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: I am 27 years old and I had blood pressure of 150/100, around the high range for a few days at the very least but within 2 hours of taking Norvasc 5g my BP dropped to around 128/86. I have just taken this once in my life.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 11, 2013 3:22 AM
Review by Evie 222 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

amlodipine for High Blood Pressure: I was prescribed this drug and after just a few days experienced dreadful nausea, headaches and general lethargy. I was told to persevere with the medication but I also had terrible palpitations. After a month I could take these side effects no longer. After coming off these pills I felt wonderful.

January 22, 2013 5:33 PM
Review by OngMK (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

amlodipine for Migraine Prevention: The doctor prescribed me with Amlodipine Besylate 5mg for borderline (140/90) hypertension in April 2012. I used to get migraine attack at least once a month due to work stress, eye stress and insufficient sleep. On the day I started Amlodipine until now, migraine is now history to me. Only then, I realize "side-effect" from medication can be a blessing!

January 14, 2013 10:23 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

amlodipine for High Blood Pressure: The only side effect I really experienced was extreme drowsiness. The first night I took it, it knocked me out and I slept all night. Waking up the next morning was a challenge because I was still so drowsy. But that only lasted for one night. I experienced minor nausea after eating one meal. That's about it for the side effects. It did lower my blood pressure dramatically though. Overall, I'm having a great experience with this.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 11, 2012 5:34 PM
Review by pamb0916 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

amlodipine for High Blood Pressure: I have used this medicine for 3 months. I started with 5mg. It did nothing for me. DR put ,me on 10mg and am having side effects. I can't concentrate, severe backache, depressed all the time, They say it is not the medicine doing this to me but 2-3 hrs after taking this my back is hurting very bad. I also have swelling in my feet and ankles. I don't want to keep trying different medicine for high blood pressure.

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 10, 2012 11:01 AM