User Reviews for Amlodipine

Also known as: Norvasc

Learn more about Amlodipine.

Migraine Prevention 15 reviews 32 medications

5.8
Coronary Artery Disease 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Amlodipine reviews 131 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Amlodipine

For High Blood Pressure: "I was prescribed this medication and don't recommend it. I had insomnia when I was on it, and 2 days so far after. It gave me cramps, nerve pain, weakness/fatigue, lack of interest in doing anything. Anxiety, spasms, and it feels like the veins in the left side of my head have swollen. My left side of my throat and jaw stay mostly numb even 2 days off. If you are seeking advice on high blood pressure just watch your sodium intake. Most Doctors and Nurse practioners that I've had met just seem to be pushers for the pharmaceutical companies."

joe6311452345 May 14, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Been on amlodipine 3 years. Initially basileate but got pain and itching in hands and arms like RSI. Allergic to basileate. Now on amlodipine maleate and no probs. Slight swelling in ankles but remedied with additional candasartan 16mg. Feel lots better. Worth checking out the maleate if probs with itching tingling and pain in upper limbs."

fatso uk April 25, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I was put on this for blood pressure of 180/100 with a 'thready pulse" of 102, dizziness and ligjtheadedness. It brought my pressure and pulse back down to the "normal" zone(within 4 hours); however, the downside has been extreme fatigue (all I want to do is sleep), and migrain headaches that last throughout the day, as well as a feeling of anxiety and irritability. The doctor had told me it will pass" once my body adjusts to it (a few more weeks), but I don't see it happening. The only positive thing is it got my pressure and pulse down, but this isn't working for me adverse reaction wise. (5mg. once a day.)"

nursefeelbetter (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I was first prescribed a combination pill Amlodipine-Benazepril 10/20mg and after 29 days of taking it I suffered an allergic reaction called Angieodema (Face swelled up) and it turns out I'm allergic to Benazepril. I went 4 days with no medication and on the 4th day had a dizzy spell at work pressure was 150/118. Dr. called in a new prescription of just Amlodipine 10mg, it's only been 7 days so maybe it's not enough time. However my pressure spiked today to 154/120!!! I feel Great however, I don't have any muscle cramps. I did experience a rapid heart beat a few days ago. My concern is maybe the mg's are too low. Dr is saying to wait 2 weeks to get full effect of the pill. I will update in 2 weeks."

DeeJayJoe April 8, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Face flushes and felt incredibly warm! Meds dropped my BP but I couldn't live with the nuclear glow from my face! Doc moved me to other meds."

monabri (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2015

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: "Norvasc caused extreme leg and ankle edema and did not improve hypertension much. After 6 weeks of use I was put on lisinopril and within 2 days had no more leg swelling and blood pressure lowered greatly. So far so good on new medication."

Mcna (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2015

For Migraine Prevention: "Just as the above, my life has been changed as a result of starting on Amlodipine. I was prescribed it for my hypertension, and my migraines have completely disappeared. I suffered migraine three days a week. I mentioned this to my GP and he told me this makes perfect sense. Migraine, I'm told, is a consequence of blood vessels in the head being in spasm and Amlodipine has a 'stabilizing' effect on these blood vessels."

Hoofbag (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 17, 2015

For Migraine Prevention: "Suffered migraines for many years getting them once a week or more, Doctor prescribed Imigran, at onset, not much use when you are sick with them, anyway, I was told I had hypertension, prescribed Amlodpine, 5 MG initially and then 10MG! Almost immediately the migraine were gone, I changed blood pressure medication once on the advice of my Doctor, the migraines came back with two days, back on Amlodipine for me, no more migraine, I went to the pharmacist who explained why it works in this way, I would recommend. Miracle stuff."

Bionicle3112 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 17, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I started taking 5 mg amlodipine about two months ago. My blood pressure is still 140/90 and my body aches from the waist down. I wake up during the night/early morning and have to get up I am so uncomfortable. I called the doctor and he said the symptoms would most likely go away. They haven't and seem to be getting worse. I'm going to call him again this week"

NannaBanana (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2015

For Migraine Prevention: "I am a 62 male, served as a fireman for 33 years, and suffered with migraine at least two a week from the age of 21. Mine being related to food, alcohol, vinegar etc. Has been hell for years. I have tried all the so called preventative medicines to no avail, but managed to control them with Imigran. Last year I was prescribed Amlodipine 5mg for slightly high blood pressure. To my amazement my migraine has stopped completely. So I have gone from two a week to zero! Life changing to say the least. I now enjoy alcohol, pizza, cheese, vinegar, chocolate ! Hope this helps someone to live a normal life."

Fireman Ron January 18, 2015

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: "I've only been on Norvasc for a week and so far the only side effect is difficulty falling asleep and waking up periodically through the night. I know its the Norvasc since I work a very early shift and am generally exhausted by the time its ready for bed. If it continues I'll look into switching medications. However the first blood pressure medication I was on has a worse side effect. Uncontrollable coughing. I had to stop taking it after about a month."

PTBadman December 26, 2014

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: "Very bad acid reflux and anxiety."

pipper1956 November 6, 2014

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking the 2.5mg dosage of amlodipine for 4 months. The first month, I experience no side effects and pressure went from 140/80 to 124/70. By month 2, my vision became a little blurry and my osteoarthritis worsened in my back and fingers. I am still trying to work through this with exercise and massage. My doctor thinks I should stay with it a little longer. I actually felt better with the high blood pressure!"

Jaymeds November 2, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "My wise and cautious doctor tried 4 different blood pressure medicines in past 2 yrs. Finally amlodopine worked, it brings my blood pressure down quickly. I decided to write this review because I read others that said their BP went down but did not stay down. My doc fixed that by giving me 2 doses a day. I take one at bedtime and one after breakfast. It's working great."

JitterbugGirl July 4, 2014

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "The first few days I took Amlodipine 5 mg, I felt like I was going to have an anxiety attack, and was a little Light Headed. As I got used to the Med, the feelings decreased but I still have that Panic feeling once in a while. After a week my Right leg and ankle became swollen, but not my Left leg? I also experience Nausea with this medicine and a loss of Appetite, which, in part, is good as I'm overweight. However I could do without the Nausea. I always take this Medication with food and my other Meds in the morning. It has dropped my High Blood Pressure from 200/97 to 140/83. This is the only good thing about this medicine. I can't put my finger on it, but I just don't feel right since I've been taking Amlodipine 5 mg. "

RickJ41 May 21, 2014

156 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "After a 24 hour blood pressure test, it turns out I have mild hypertension. Was afraid to take but started taking 2.5mg before bed. I can't get over how amazing I feel now! I had no idea a small rise in blood pressure can make a person feel so bad. I practically leap out of bed in the morning. I have so much energy now. I did have some swelling in my ankles before but it is completely gone! I read this was good for migraines. I don't get them that often and hope this medicine prevents them too."

susieqUITEE May 11, 2014

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Started taking this a month ago, pressure has gone down but feel major anxiety, depression and a feeling of overall doom plus very irritable."

TG62 May 2, 2014

123 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention: "Just started this medication a month ago to treat migraine--also a little borderline hypertension--two birds with one stone. First week on 5 mg. I needed Imitrex 5 out of 7 days. Then, I went up to 10mg per doctor's orders, and the headaches stopped. If this keeps up, yes, this is a miracle. Have suffered with migraines almost 40 years--and have tried lots of meds including Imitrex which was a lifesaver and Botox which helped initially but not for very long. As for side effects, no swelling--maybe a little fatigue. I was on loads of Excredrin and probably 3 Imitrex a week. So glad to be able to get off these meds. Still keeping them around just in case but am very encouraged with amlodipine."

Ellen G (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "My doctor put me on Amlodipine 10mg in February 2013 and it has been great for my blood pressure. I have no problems with any side effects."

chantelle82 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 5, 2014

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention: "Through the years I had tried NUMEROUS meds for migraines to the point that my neurologist sent me to a migraine specialist because he had run out of ideas. The specialist put me on Norvasc and within a week, my migraines had completely stopped. I have not had this kind of relief in years! He had even gotten me approved for Botox and when I told him my positive results, he cancelled the Botox. Love this medicine."

TinFL March 31, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "It has lowered my blood pressure, which was crazy high (upper number 210 once and otherwise always in the 190's). Everything was fine at first. But now I'm so tired it hurts. I am actually so fatigued that I am close to not being able to function. I have also noticed some double vision (comes & goes). "

Real_Grenadine March 18, 2014

136 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention: "I was prescribed this medication for borderline hypertension 140/90. I have also had migraines with aura for years. I have tried many medicines. For the first 3 days, I had a headache. After that, bam, no more migraines with auras and very few headaches. It is incredible. I take 2.5 mg per day. I finally have my life back!"

Trshmi (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "Have been on Amlodipine for about 2 years. At first it worked wonderful. Now experiencing rapid heart beat, headache, tingling in upper body some weakness. also elevated pressure at times. Will have to try something else. Tried many before this one. "

Aloulooney February 16, 2014

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been taking this medication for about 4 months. The First month was fine it brought my blood pressure down to acceptable numbers. The side effects started gradually. I was really forgetful and would sometimes feel confused. Then the trembling in my legs started them spread to my arms went from trembling to twitching really fast then it spread to my face. During this time anxiety is slowly creeping in it was getting a little worse everyday until it was a constant feeling. Pressure in my head constantly and full blown panic attacks by month 4. I discussed this with my doctor and I stopped taking this medication 2 days ago and was prescribed something else. I can feel my anxiety subsiding. "

Ebby12345 January 31, 2014

134 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Norvasc (amlodipine) for High Blood Pressure: "Going on three years of taking this medicine. Blood pressure is normal 118/66. Usually 118/70 sometimes 99/55."

tmichelle January 25, 2014

129 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next