User Reviews for Trifluoperazine

Also known as: Stelazine

Learn more about Trifluoperazine.

Schizophrenia 3 reviews 37 medications

Anxiety 3 reviews 61 medications

Summary of Trifluoperazine reviews 6 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Trifluoperazine

For Schizophrenia: "I take 10mg a day with no side effects. It keeps my mood stable for the most part but I have had some mania bleed through. On it because it is weight neutral."

Jonny1973 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 8, 2015

For Anxiety: "I took this about 45 years ago in my 20's, for several years for anxiety, when it was called Stelazine. Now it is only available as the generic trifluoperazine. I've had a prostate and bladder condition for s few years now and often suffer nocturia, needing to go every 20 minutes once I go to bed at night. This often can last the entire night until 8AM-9AM. In desparation I tried this drug again and found that 1mg quiets my bladder within an hour and lets me sleep. Even if I do get up every hour or two, I can get back to sleep. Other overactive bladder meds have unacceptable side effects on me of dry mouth, and greatly lowered BP. This has no side effects, calms me down, reduces the frequency about 75% and lets me sleep."

NJ-Bob (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2014

Stelazine (trifluoperazine) for Anxiety: "Taken alongside Lithium, Quetiapine for bipolar one. This medication is old but very effective against anxiety associated with bipolar disorder. No side effects apart from feeling a little drowsy at times."

Thecircusrules (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2014

Stelazine (trifluoperazine) for Schizophrenia: "Out of all the medications my son uses, this is very helpful. To my surprise this medication is discontinued in the USA and overseas. This is a very old medication and works wonderful to help my son carry out a normal life for himself. Please let us all vote and have this medication back in the pharmacy. Thank you. "

Concern Parent November 9, 2011

Stelazine (trifluoperazine) for Anxiety: "I take 1mg/daily. So far it is very effective, I tend to be able to be more relaxed and can sleep with clear and peaceful thoughts where I used to be laying in bed 20 minutes thinking too much. But seems not to do much for my social anxiety. Overall, pretty effective."

Anonymous August 6, 2011

Stelazine (trifluoperazine) for Schizophrenia: "This medication saved my life. I had allergic reactions to some medications and was afraid that I would never find something to help me."

Anonymous January 11, 2009