User Reviews for Fycompa

Learn more about Fycompa.

Seizures 3 reviews 48 medications

Epilepsy 4 reviews 39 medications

5.2
Summary of Fycompa reviews 7 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Fycompa

For Epilepsy "Starting any new seizure med to me is just straight up scary. I think they are running out of drugs to try. So I have to admit I was a bit worried when I heard the side effects. They have me listed as allergic to depakote, vimpat and keppra but honestly it was how nasty the side effects were. My personality hasn't changed at all on this drug. However, I never was an "active" sleeper which is what I turned into for awhile. It seems to be slowly going away but it was very weird waking up because I was dreaming I was swimming and hit the wall with my foot. As many people with epilepsy know not a horrible side effect. I was having petite mals daily and grand mals probably weekly. Since I started fycompa I have had two petite mal seizures."

Heather LM March 24, 2016

For Epilepsy "My daughter has had refractory epilepsy for 20yrs. She tried this drug in addition to the Vimpat and Topamax she is already taking. Huge mistake! Week 2 she became catatonic, delusional, and terrified. Her dad ,brother and I helped her through it. Called her neurologist and stopped the drug immediately. We are on day one without the Fycompa, our morning was consumed with a psychotic episode but after an hr and a half she came around. Lucky for her she doesn't remember much if anything of these events. I highly recommend you do your research before considering this drug. In my opinion it shouldn't be on the market."

MamaJenn (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2016

For Epilepsy "I have JME ( juvenile myclonic epilepsy). My neurologist switched me from lamictal to fycompa. My husband and I were told fycompa was best for my JME. Within 2 weeks my personality changed. I got all the side effects. I have never been in trouble but ended up doing 75 hours in jail cause of it. Luckily I got a doctor who took me off it ASAP and on depakote. I had used depakote about 20 years ago. My husband still loves me and things are getting back on track for us. Like the previous reviewer stated their relationship is shaky due to the drug. I hate fycompa."

Fycompa Hater (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2016

For Seizures "Having tried 7 other medications none of which controlled my seizures I was happily surprised that a dose of 4mg of Fycompa does. More than 12 months and no seizures. Luckily I have not experienced suicidal thoughts. The only side effects I experience are a little aggression and tiredness but only very mild."

anonymous 102 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 31, 2015

For Seizures "I have been on Fycompa now for 8 weeks. Prior to that, I was having seizure clusters almost every other day. Two were so bad I ended up in Trauma with a scull fracture and a broken nose and cheek bone. I have noticed some minor mood swings but nothing serious. I have also noticed a increase in my appetite. I also take Keppra and Lamictal, so I am not sure if that makes it better. Just happy I haven't had any seizures in 7 weeks and counting.."

Anonymous April 3, 2015

For Epilepsy "This is a medication which I take for myself. Good points: It's very good at managing my form of epilepsy. My seizures are reduced remarkably, in direct relation to taking Fycompa. Bad points: I am having daily thoughts about suicide, I've never had this before taking Fycompa. And I've been on many Anti-Epileptic Medicines. This morning I was really suicidal. At a guess I'm one of those unlucky individuals who have increased psychiatric and behaviour problems in direct relation to this medicine. Now I'm in the position of making a decision about whether or not to continue using Fycompa and I'm having to make this very difficult decision with psychiatric issues."

UKman October 4, 2014

For Seizures "My boyfriend started this medication for better seizure control. He has had personality changes, confusion, aggression, hostility, delusions, depression and severe thought problems that caused him to have antipsychotic and antidepressant medication increased because of existing bipolar disorder. Our relationship is about over because of this medication. We will see the neurologist asap to see if he can get off this medicine. Scared because it's addictive. He had similar reactions to Vimpat with suicidal thoughts."

grace1159 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 27, 2014