User Reviews for Pregabalin

Also known as: Lyrica

Learn more about Pregabalin.

Occipital Neuralgia 1 reviews 0 medications

5.9
Dercum's Disease 1 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Pregabalin reviews 662 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Pregabalin

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "Side effects are worse than Fibromyalgia pain. I've been taking Lyrica for two months. It was a miracle drug for the first few weeks. I've been living with Fibromyalgia for over 35 years and have tried eveything. Anti depressants, excersise, bio-feedback, acupuncture, narcotics, you name it. So I was excited about the dramatic pain reduction from Lyrica.But now I have developed severe muscle weakness, headache, abdominal cramping, acne and difficulty thinking clearly. I can barely hold myself up and I can't lift anything over a few pounds. I have asked my doctor if I can safely stop taking it. I'm just waiting g for him to return my call. I would rather just live with my horrible pain than take any more of these toxic drugs."

Bob 330 May 27, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: "I had shingles in January 2014. I have had terrible PHN ever since. 2.5 years of pain. It has been awful!! Shingles is the worst pain I have ever experienced and it isn't going away. I tried everything out there from Gabapentin to acupuncture, to percocet, to injections in my back and nothing helped, or it would help for a few weeks, but the pain always managed to come back strong. I was wary of Lyrica because of the side effects, but I finally decided to try it. It has definitely helped me and I can do things like ride my bike again with little pain. However, I have put on 8 lbs in 6 months and I am an extremely active person, so this is tough for me. I also have pain in my joints and sometimes my hands go numb, but less pain."

Cyclist 54 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I've read many opinions on this site most being negative towards this amazing medication. I have suffered from a trapped nerve near my waistband ( hip) and nothing I took or did could stop the pain / burning / tingling numbness from my hip to my knee cap. I declined surgery to remove the nerve and was placed finally on lyrica. I hesitated for 2 months before finally giving in to the medication because of all the negative reviews you read online.First two days i was on lyrica I had a small headache and dry mouth that is about it. after a week the dry mouth went away and I was left virtually pain free within 2 weeks. DON'T read into everything and hesitate to take thismedication.I have not gained a single pound and im pain free. im on 3 x 50mg"

Matt from canada (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I've had problems with my feet burning for several years. Every year it was worse than the year before. It got to the point that I couldn't stand anything on my feet. Lyrica helped a lot, with much less frequency and severity of burning. Finally some relief. Unfortunately, I had to discontinue because of side effects. I had almost all side effects listed in the info sheet. Most I could have tolerated, but the ones I couldn't was weight gain, confusion, and fast progressing blurred vision. Also, I had severe clinical depression over 18 years ago until I received the correct antidepressant. I've had no depression since. However, the Lyrica caused it to return, although not as severe. It also caused anger flareups, very unlike me."

Anonymous May 11, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I took lyrica for long standing neuropathic pain. I took it before bed and woke up the next day completely in a haze, dizzy , uncoordinated and could not function. It made my symptoms worse. The dose was 150 mg. I am just sharing my experience. Unfortunately it is not helpful for me."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about 18 years ago. I stopped working a few years after due to the pain. I tried many medications so I could have some quality of life with my husband and 2 children. I spent most of my time in bed or on the couch because the pain was so debilitating. I was taking Ultram and Zanex but these just didn't take away the pain and then my doctor started me on Lyrica. I started feeling like a new person because slowly the pain started to decrease. The only side effect which could also be part of Fibromyalgia is with speech. I have trouble sometimes finding the words I want to say. I now take 75 mg 3 times per day and have been taking it for over 10 years. I'm so grateful to have my life back."

Catluver62-10 May 10, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: "I'm 48 yr. health female and I suffer from severe, chronic post shingles pain from my spine, around my hip, to my belly button, basically my entire left side. This is the worst experience of my life this nerve pain is tiring, depressing and just seems to not let up. Lyrica is helping to cut down on the amount of spams and excruciating pain but, I keep wondering, "when will it go away" and why don't they give the shingles injections like chicken pox to "prevent". Why do I have to wait to get this again someone where else or until I'm 50+ years old to prevent another bout of excruciating never pain."

Pain worse than labor (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2016

For Pain: "changed my life. i highly recommend this medication. it works!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Epilepsy: "I was optimistic about this med, as I was feeling pretty good emotionally. Unfortunately it caused me to have six seizures in a day, which is rare for me. I tried Lyrica twice on two separate occasions, this being the second, but we didn't know it was causing it the first time. Ultimately, I had high hopes but it was a big disappointment. Actually, more than a disappointment, it was straight up dangerous. Disclaimer: I know this med helps a lot of people; this is just my personal experience."

Bango19 (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "suicidal thoughts, no pain relief."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "My psychiatrist put me on 200 mg capsules 3 x a day (600 mg daily) and it's effective for treating anxiety. I've been on lorazepam, alprazolam, and clonazepam and all 3 became ineffective after 6 months to 1 year and were extremely difficult to get off of. I don't notice any tolerance issues with pregabalin either. I've been on the same dose for about 2 years. Better than any of the benzodiazepines and other medications I've tried for anxiety. Only side effects I've noticed are calmness, sedation, and increased appetite but exercise and healthy eating take care of any weight gain."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 30, 2016

For Pain: "I found Pregabalin help the pain from my spinal stenosis, but the anxiety and depression that it caused meant I had to reduce the amount I took. I think it works for some people, but anyone suffering from depression it makes it 100 times worse."

Jan24 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 27, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "Lyrica worked (for 2 weeks) when I first began taking 75mg then it stopped helping at all ...now @ 100mg 3 times a day it still is ineffective.."

TETPOL (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2016

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "Only one 75 mg dose took me out of the most severe pain from Dercum's III, a rare genetic disorder. I would still be on this medication except I had face swelling from it. I wish I wasn't one of the few to suffer from this side-effect and could still be on this medication. But there are very many other people that can be helped by it and I wish you all to be free from pain."

Dercum's sufferer (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuralgia: "in april/may of 2011 i my right foot kept falling asleep over a 3 day period & i had a tingling sensation creep across my groin after 3 days of my right foot falling asleep & the tingling sensation creeping across my waist i was numb from the waist down for 2 weeks since then my feet fell asleep & NEVER woke up i finally got on lyrica & and it has help some with the tingling sensations but it has me feeling oh so stoned thankfully i get my lyrica through the county health department and it doesnt cost me"

roasty & toasty (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 22, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "Works very well, the only draw back is weight gain."

Leeann628 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 19, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I have tried neurontin, gabapentin, and a myriad of pain killers to mitigate my pain after multiple shin fractures. After a month of taking it my pain went from well above a 10 to a 7 - 8 which is far more manageable. The cost with my current insurance is 50 for a month supply which is not too bad. Worth the money for being able to lower my leg pain. The only symptom that I experience is a slight balance/dizzy feeling."

DHoff80 April 18, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "The needle standing pain was bad, but then I developed this feeling like I dipped my lower legs and feet in frying oil. It all is getting worse. It has really been tough especially at night trying to sleep."

Appaz April 17, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I entered a clinical study for pregablin in the 90s, at that time it was for anxiety and depression. but once i was at the maximin dosage, I noticed I no longer had pain either. I was in denial about fibromyagia at that time. I was lucky to remain on the study even after 90 % of the patients had to get off of it because someone got a catarac. There were people begging to get back on it. I was on it for four years and by the time the clinical trial ended, and i went through a divorce, I had weaned myself off and didnt need it again until several years later when the fibromyagia became increadably painful. it took YEARS to go through the crappy drugs the insurance co. made me go thru with adverse reactions to get back to Lyrica !"

princesspoola (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 17, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Works for anxiety but omg I am eating like food is going to run out"

Joesquash (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2016

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "For pained Multiple Sclerosis sufferers who get no pain relief from the common Carbamazamine treatments, I have found it works perfectly but at high doses. I take 300mg. morning & night to get complete relief. Completely free under Spanish National Health System as it is classified for "critical" use in patients."

fastnorte1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 13, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "Nerve pain after total knee replacement. The nerve pain is in toes, they feel very cold but when felt the are really warm. After a couple of weeks on lyrica I getting hive like itches mainly on arms"

Oiley April 12, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have had GAD for 8 years, I have tried lots of medication for this with some helping a little, and some not at all. I was started on Pre Gabling two months ago and for me, it was a miracle, I have my life back! I know the Doctors say meds arent the answer for GAD but they are for me, I have had CBT, counselling, hypnotherapy, and nothing worked. But with pre gablin I have been on holiday with no probs, was actually able to relax for the first time in 8 years. I can go into any social scene and be really calm and enjoy it. All I hope is that it lasts and I dont get used to it. All my friends and family have said how well i am and relaxed and happy I appear. And I really am."

normondo April 9, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I was on Lyrica for a year. Then my insurance decided hey we aren't paying for this anymore and I had to stop. And it was a just stop completely not a wean off of it. Started on. Gabapentin 800 3x a day. Has done Nothing for me. I am miserable. If you need help paying for it go to there website and they will actually pay for the medication for you. For a year then you just reapply. I will be getting mine back finally this week. And I can't wait to get back on it so I can actually be a mom and a wife again. Without laying in bed all day suffering."

Craftygirlz2014 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 4, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "Eased diabetic nerve pain somewhat but caused "jerking motion" so severe that I could not feed myself. This was with only one month's use. Discontinued use and jerking getting much better."

Early April 3, 2016