User Reviews for Pregabalin

Also known as: Lyrica

Learn more about Pregabalin.

Occipital Neuralgia 1 reviews 0 medications

5.9
Dercum's Disease 1 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Pregabalin reviews 653 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Pregabalin

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "suicidal thoughts, no pain relief."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "My psychiatrist put me on 200 mg capsules 3 x a day (600 mg daily) and it's effective for treating anxiety. I've been on lorazepam, alprazolam, and clonazepam and all 3 became ineffective after 6 months to 1 year and were extremely difficult to get off of. I don't notice any tolerance issues with pregabalin either. I've been on the same dose for about 2 years. Better than any of the benzodiazepines and other medications I've tried for anxiety. Only side effects I've noticed are calmness, sedation, and increased appetite but exercise and healthy eating take care of any weight gain."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 30, 2016

For Pain: "I found Pregabalin help the pain from my spinal stenosis, but the anxiety and depression that it caused meant I had to reduce the amount I took. I think it works for some people, but anyone suffering from depression it makes it 100 times worse."

Jan24 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 27, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "Lyrica worked (for 2 weeks) when I first began taking 75mg then it stopped helping at all ...now @ 100mg 3 times a day it still is ineffective.."

TETPOL (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2016

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "Only one 75 mg dose took me out of the most severe pain from Dercum's III, a rare genetic disorder. I would still be on this medication except I had face swelling from it. I wish I wasn't one of the few to suffer from this side-effect and could still be on this medication. But there are very many other people that can be helped by it and I wish you all to be free from pain."

Dercum's sufferer (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuralgia: "in april/may of 2011 i my right foot kept falling asleep over a 3 day period & i had a tingling sensation creep across my groin after 3 days of my right foot falling asleep & the tingling sensation creeping across my waist i was numb from the waist down for 2 weeks since then my feet fell asleep & NEVER woke up i finally got on lyrica & and it has help some with the tingling sensations but it has me feeling oh so stoned thankfully i get my lyrica through the county health department and it doesnt cost me"

roasty & toasty (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 22, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "Works very well, the only draw back is weight gain."

Leeann628 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 19, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I have tried neurontin, gabapentin, and a myriad of pain killers to mitigate my pain after multiple shin fractures. After a month of taking it my pain went from well above a 10 to a 7 - 8 which is far more manageable. The cost with my current insurance is 50 for a month supply which is not too bad. Worth the money for being able to lower my leg pain. The only symptom that I experience is a slight balance/dizzy feeling."

DHoff80 April 18, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "The needle standing pain was bad, but then I developed this feeling like I dipped my lower legs and feet in frying oil. It all is getting worse. It has really been tough especially at night trying to sleep."

Appaz April 17, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I entered a clinical study for pregablin in the 90s, at that time it was for anxiety and depression. but once i was at the maximin dosage, I noticed I no longer had pain either. I was in denial about fibromyagia at that time. I was lucky to remain on the study even after 90 % of the patients had to get off of it because someone got a catarac. There were people begging to get back on it. I was on it for four years and by the time the clinical trial ended, and i went through a divorce, I had weaned myself off and didnt need it again until several years later when the fibromyagia became increadably painful. it took YEARS to go through the crappy drugs the insurance co. made me go thru with adverse reactions to get back to Lyrica !"

princesspoola (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 17, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Works for anxiety but omg I am eating like food is going to run out"

Joesquash (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2016

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "For pained Multiple Sclerosis sufferers who get no pain relief from the common Carbamazamine treatments, I have found it works perfectly but at high doses. I take 300mg. morning & night to get complete relief. Completely free under Spanish National Health System as it is classified for "critical" use in patients."

fastnorte1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 13, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "Nerve pain after total knee replacement. The nerve pain is in toes, they feel very cold but when felt the are really warm. After a couple of weeks on lyrica I getting hive like itches mainly on arms"

Oiley April 12, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have had GAD for 8 years, I have tried lots of medication for this with some helping a little, and some not at all. I was started on Pre Gabling two months ago and for me, it was a miracle, I have my life back! I know the Doctors say meds arent the answer for GAD but they are for me, I have had CBT, counselling, hypnotherapy, and nothing worked. But with pre gablin I have been on holiday with no probs, was actually able to relax for the first time in 8 years. I can go into any social scene and be really calm and enjoy it. All I hope is that it lasts and I dont get used to it. All my friends and family have said how well i am and relaxed and happy I appear. And I really am."

normondo April 9, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I was on Lyrica for a year. Then my insurance decided hey we aren't paying for this anymore and I had to stop. And it was a just stop completely not a wean off of it. Started on. Gabapentin 800 3x a day. Has done Nothing for me. I am miserable. If you need help paying for it go to there website and they will actually pay for the medication for you. For a year then you just reapply. I will be getting mine back finally this week. And I can't wait to get back on it so I can actually be a mom and a wife again. Without laying in bed all day suffering."

Craftygirlz2014 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 4, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "Eased diabetic nerve pain somewhat but caused "jerking motion" so severe that I could not feed myself. This was with only one month's use. Discontinued use and jerking getting much better."

Early April 3, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was experiencing nerve pain from hernia and knee operations, being a single parent and running a business a while back had me run off my feet and feeling nerve pain running up the bottom of my feet and through my knee joints into the groin, Lyrica has so far taken most of that pain away. What I didn't realise was it also helps with anxiety and depression, after 3 weeks I noticed a calmness I thought I could never achieve, did some googling on the benefits of Lyrica last night and was amazed at everyone's experience on Lyrica. This is great stuff, would recommend it highly, thank you Lyrica, back to fun time with the kids again."

Daniel Troy March 31, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain: "75mg It did not relive pain but it made me drowsy and impaired"

Alexsal1964 March 31, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "This is poison, destroyed my life, horrible side effects and made my pain so much worse. Detoxing is a living hell and makes coming off narcotics a walk in the park. It's horrible and should be taken off the market."

Pissed off and disgusted (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuralgia: "It cured my pain (trigeminal neuralia), but I had nasty side effects at first: mild headaches, nausea, tired, feeling too full and bloated (even when not eating), weight gain, dizzy, etc. I stuck with it, and after two weeks I was still feeling bloated and headaches, and continued to gain weight. I researched ways to counteract the negative effects, and started taking a B6 supplement (for weight gain) and an herbal diuretic (for the bloat). I no longer feel bloated, and the headaches are gone. I'm on my 4th (or 5th?) week of lyrica, and am feeling much better. I don't think I'm still gaining weight, but it's too soon to tell. I wasn't eating any more or less than usual, so if the B6 helps, that would be nice."

Nannnnn March 28, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I have been taking lyrica for 3 days now after trying every pain med for the last 7 years. ..unreal. ..I am able to walk better and my pain has diminished to about a 2 or 3, I was only a little foggy on the second morning but besides that I have had no bad side effects at all. I tried nuerotin years ago but after the second day I could not function, so any one with nerve pain should give this a try. .it sure has helped me"

Notim (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I had cervical fusion at c4-5, 5-6, 6-7, after my surgery coming out of the operating room no one could touch my skin. I had loss sense of feeling on right arm left hand right shoulder was on fire pins and needles severe also on the back right side of tongue and throat. In the hospital they started giving me Lyrical 75mg 3 times per day that just took the edge off. Then I went to the pain Dr it was increased to 150mg 3 times a day and I had such relief to the point I could touch my skin, it has worked so great that when it is time for my next dose I begin to feel the pins and needles severe and the fire on my shoulders and hands. Amazingly it takes away that feeling as long as I take it every 6 hers. The problem I have had is weight gain"

Connie B 716 March 14, 2016

For Pain: "I've only been taking Lyrica since Friday, but so far its lessoned my pain by about 85%. I have chronic back pain from a fall a few years ago. I've been on pain meds, had epideral shot. Nothing seem to help in long-term. Dr only gave me samples but said if it helped he would write a prescription. I hope my insurance will pay there part, without a fuss."

missbam (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "Lyrica helps with the pain and it works for me I been using it for 5 years but I don't pay any thing for it. my insurance pays it all for me"

dawsons February 28, 2016

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "This didn't really change the pain levels but what it did do was make me gain weight substantially. This lead to me getting depressed which made the fibro flare up again. I stopped taking it."

Crikeyjosue (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2016