User Reviews for Pregabalin

Also known as: Lyrica

Learn more about Pregabalin.

Occipital Neuralgia 1 reviews 0 medications

Spondylolisthesis 0 reviews 50 medications Not rated - Be the first
Syringomyelia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Pregabalin reviews 558 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Pregabalin

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "This drug changed my life with unexpected benefits. I started taking for herniated disc and a lot of nerve damage. I started feeling pain relief immediately. It made me feel very high the first week and I had to be careful how and when I would take it / 150MGs 3xs a day. The high feeling eventually, gradually dissipated After a week, I noticed my wife smiling a lot with great caution I asked her why and she said she likes how calm and relaxed I am. I'm naturally a very high strung, intense person. I thought about what she said and noticed I actually was very relaxed and things that typically set me off they just didn't anymore. I then read about how the drug helps with anxiety. My insurance doesn't really cover it...I pay 50 for a months"

Brasco August 26, 2015

For Pain: "I was prescribed this capsule when my pain in left thigh muscle became unbearable and I was not able to stand or walk. Either this, or combined first 3 days muscle relaxant made my pain vanish. I was prescribed for 15 days and after 8 days, I forgot to take one night. I felt much better next day (after not taking). As I am getting pain in knee joints, which I did not have earlier, I think, I will gradually stop it."

Navan (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I LOVE LYRICA. I started about a month ago on 75mg with no allergic reaction but felt really weird and out of it. I also take Lamotrigine 100 mg am and pm so perhaps some sort of interaction? I have Bipolar 2 depressive emphasis and traits of BPD. I stopped taking the Lyrica and asked my GP for 50mg. I have been taking 50 mg morning an evening for about three weeks and I have never felt better. Took about a week to really feel a difference. I cannot remember a time when I felt so good. Well I can but I had to give up sugar, carbs, alchohol, practice meditation and exercise.... I am calmer and I sleep so well, seven hour stretches!!! I'm also finding my mood lifting and so am more productive a appropriatly sociable. Helenx"

Lyrical Helen August 25, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "Edema in ankles and feet, cellulitis in shin and calf, 6 days in hospital, memory loss, dizziness, letharga"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "Lyrica did not work particularly well for me. I had previously taken Cymbalta 60mg for 7/8 years and was feeling that it was no longer as effective so my doctor prescribed Lyrica. I noticed a large amount of weight gain (which I would not have minded if helped the pain!) about 50 pounds over 6 months before it stabilized. After some time of taking the medication (9 months or a year I forget) I was always complaining to my doctor about pain and fatigue being bad so he switched me to Savella. I noticed a huge difference and I lost the weight!"

emily313 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 20, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I've been on lryica for a month now. 150 mg 2x a day. It works wonders for the awful muscle spasms and fibromyalgia pain but I do have side effects. I have to do every thing from chores to running errands before I take it. Once I take I become unbalanced, forget words and become extremely tired. I sleep a lot and very heavy and usually can't remember the previous day. I definitely cannot function after I take it. I don't care for the side effects but so far has been the only thing that has worked for me. I tried cymbalta, neurton, zanaflex, flexeral lots of things. To me its worth taking the lryica as those terrible rib and back spasms keep at bay..and after two years of dealing with those I don't ever want to again. btw does kill my appetite."

littleorphanannie August 19, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "While noticing at the time I was taking lyrica I was itching a lot so I found out that one of the side effects was itching and hives. I spoke to my Dr., and he said he was decreasing my dose. After about 3 days, the itching got worse, so I took my self off, against my doctors wishes. I started noticing red spots and my head, arms and back wouldn't stop itching. I got Benadryl and after 20 days, the itching is still here, but not as much as when I was taking lyrica. If I were you, I'll stay as far away from that drug, as you can.... I'm going back to gabpapentin"

Brina123 August 16, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I've been taking lyrica for almost 2 years, I was prescribed gabapentin to begin with, and they kept increasing the dosage, until I was almost on the max dose of 3200mg, and my pain management dr prescribed me lyrica 100mg x 3 daily and it works for the most part. I don't have the side effects from it that most have, and it works to control the pain, although I do have neuropathy flare ups from time to time. I'm taking it as a result of neuropathy from spinal chord injury. and my insurance pays for it so no out of pocket costs. I recommend this to people who have nerve pain."

Susan Fjeldahl (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 14, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I injured my back in 1991 which lead to 2 major spinal fusions . After the fusions i became depressed. Subsequently , I was put on Cymbalta 60 mg and a various array of pain medication . One year later , I was diagnosed with bowel cancer at 40 and a year after that , prostate cancer . After 11 operations I was depressed and very very sore. both in the abdomen and of course the spine . I drank and drank . It seemed like the only thing that would ameliorate the pain. Three months ago my GP started me on Lyrica . After 3 days , pain was gone, also my anxiety seemed to just hop up and walk away . Im only drinking a few beers on a saturday now. Lyrica saved my life . I dont say that flippantly ."

jack of all trades (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was diagnosed with GAD three years ago. It began each morning with a small 'knot' in my stomach and then spread during the day causing tightness if chest, throat and often tension down my arms. It was stupid because there seemed to be no trigger, I just felt tension and worry all day. I was placed on a number of drugs, nothing worked. Busiprone helped but I remained anxious for no valid reason. About 18 months ago my doctor gave me Lyrica to try. Within a couple of days everything returned to normal I was even a bit euphoric but that subsided in a week or so. I started out taking Lyrica 50mg twice a day along with 20mg Busiprone twice a day. I have had to increase dosage over time and now take 200mg a day along with 40mg Busiprone."

Cutshot (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 12, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I'm 63 and have struggled with depression and anxiety, starting at age 30. In late March 2015 a significant life event occurred that sent me spiraling downhill. Extreme anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts. The worst episode ever. Dr. prescribed 150mg Lyrica. I began taking it on June 11. By noon on June 13 I felt incredibly good, invincible ,euphoric. Weird in that I just felt SO GOOD, almost too good, Then side effects hit. Bad dizziness, but still felt good mentally. Cut the dose to 100mg. Over the next 2 weeks side effects resolved themselves. No weight gain. The artificial high dissipated. What I'm left with is this...NORMAL LIFE. Lyrica gave me my life back. Pray it works for others as well as it's worked for me."

mt014 August 11, 2015

For Neuropathic Pain: "I was prescibed pregabalin for leg pain associated with Spinal Stenosis. The first prescribed was 225 mg daily. Side effects extreme tiredness and swollen ankles. When I tried to stop this drug I experienced severe anxiety and feelings of gloom. Went back on see and say the pain clinic who advised tapering 25mgs every 2 weeks. I am down to 50mgs am and pm. The withdrawal is one of the hardest things I have been through and cannot wait until this drug is totally out of my system. Lesson learnt to research prescribed drugs, their side effects and withdrawal before blindly accepting them."

Basia50 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 10, 2015

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "After suffering from painful burning feet for ten years ,and due to the pain getting only a few hours sleep per night (if lucky) I started taking Lyrica 75mg twice per day . The very first day my feet started to feel better, but I thought it might be wishful thinking however after taking the second capsule before bed I slept for nine hours straight and woke up to manageable foot pain. My life is back to normal"

boondie August 7, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "I have been taking Lyrica for the last three years and I don't know how I would live without it. In 2012, I was involved in a serious accident, sustaining an incomplete spinal cord injury, as well as severe injuries to my lower limbs. The pain is not as bad as it was in the beginning, but I am in constant pain and, according to my pain management and spinal and lower limb reconstruction consultants, this will probably always be the case. Initially I thought if I found the right combination of medications I could stop it and so I tried all of the other drugs prescribed for neuropathy, as well as some more experimental ones. Without Lyric I spent a lot of time crying and ended up in hospital a few times because the pain was so bad."

sarahbia August 7, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was put on 300mg per day about two years ago. 150mg in the morning and the same at night. This was to treat anxiety. With therapy and some other meds I am now slowly decreasing the dose with the help of my doctor. I must say Lyrica really help my anxiety. I have given it a nine out ten because I know if I miss one it hits me a bit hard a couple of days later.... Withdrawal is a bit weird."

Mel86 August 4, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "I just started .75 mg. Lyrica two nights ago. Helped me sleep and not annoyed by RLS or diabetic nerve annoyance (not pain). Also, have had issues with back pain and it seems to be helping after such a short time."

pattijacks1113 August 1, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Very effective for anxiety if you want to avoid the benzodiazepines. A lot less addictive and habit forming. Only thing is tolerance is very noticeable"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 30, 2015

For Fibromyalgia: "Lyrica Pregabalin has changed my life, not a cure, I still have bad days but most of the time I am back to my old self again!"

Jennie Fibro Sufferer (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "Thus is intended as a warning about sudden cessation of long term Lyrica use. I've been taking 75mg twice daily Lyrica for severe pain resulting from crush fractures in my spine. I started to feel a slight benefit from the drug a few weeks after beginning to take it but it wasn't until I started swimming that my long standing pain completely disappeared. I never missed a dose until a few days ago: just ran out, had to wait til the next day, effectively missing two doses. I went through an incredibly harrowing experience in that time without the drug...it wasn't psychological: I could almost physically feel the chemistry in my brain and body going totally haywire. It was extremely alarming, nothing can describe how nasty it was."

JackLantern (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 27, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I've had fibromyalgia for about 30yrs - I am 43. Endometriosis from ages 13-36, (a hysterectomy 'fixed' that;) clinical depression from abt 16, (break down at 28;) anxiety disorder; insomnia &/or severely disturbed sleep cycles for15-20yrs. AND I've needed a cane to walk for the last 2-3 yrs. FMS & depression compete for the title of "most debilitating." I've tried almst everything, (Cymbalta was useless.) The last 2 months I've been taking slowly increased doses of Lyrica. Currently on 150mg a day, (2× 75mg,) with a view to 300-400mg. I've had zero relief from pain, BUT nasty side fx. Almost no sleep. Worsened depression & anxiety. Terrible FMS type 'fog.' Flatulance! Cannot see this contiuing or improving. (Available on PBS in Australia.)"

the cats' person (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: "Shingles in my scalp in 2009. Started off using 75 mg twice daily. I am now taking 150 mg twice daily. The Lyrica was/is a lifesaver, since I also have migraine, sinus, tension headaches. I seldom have the migraines anymore. My problem is that my scalp continues to get irritated if I comb it or use any kind of lotions, gels, moisturizers, oils or sprays on it. Concerned about the weight gain, but overall, satisfied with Lyrica."

emag July 23, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "Pain reduction with memory loss. I've been on Lyrica 4 yrs and take 450 mg a day for fibromyalgia, migraines, and nerve damage. Also on Fentanyl pain patch, Norco, and Flexeril daily for herniated discs C3-C7, T3, L1. Lyrica significantly improves my pain and migraine recurrance; however, it is likely the cause of memory loss and slower thought process. I teach high school and college courses, am the parent of five young adults, and am sole breadwinner and insurance provider. I intend to reduce my Lyrica and pray I can manage increased pain better than memory loss or dementia, two common side effects of Lryica. Female, 53 yrs. Check Pfizer patient assistance programs on web to defray costs. I got free Lyrica when needed. No weight gain."

PhoenixTX July 23, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I was diagnosed with adult onset Diabetes last Dec. I started on Metformin 750 and almost immediately my fasting glucose dropped to 94. That is what it has been since but I have been bothered with neuropathy for months. I tried Lyrica for 3 months and it did absolutely nothing for the pain. I am presently taking gabapentin 300 mg at bedtime and it helps slightly. The cost for the Lyrica was money out the window."

marge4426 July 18, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "For the past year I have suffered pain in calf of leg which travels up theough thigh hips and back on walking it becomes extreme and I have to sit down, awaiting MRI scan on spine... physio say stenosis of spine and that I have a slight curve in spine... After reading reviews I decided to try these tabs I have only taken them for 2 nights ( 1 x 75mg cap) supposed to take 2 daily but I feel I cant wake up in mornings and have to force myself to get out of bed, for a couple hours after i still feel groggy and light headed throughout the day. I dont know whether to perservere with them, I have to say slight improvement with being able to walk with a little less pain. I live in Scotland so my prescription is free for this drug."

sara4848 July 12, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "have had good results in controlling foot pain,i have type 2 diabetics,and prescribed 50 mg 1 per day.i have had weight gain in 50 lb range.eat very little,age 89 yrs little exercise .works for me"

geno.s July 12, 2015