User Reviews for Pregabalin

Also known as: Lyrica

Learn more about Pregabalin.

Restless Legs Syndrome 2 reviews 16 medications

Syringomyelia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Pregabalin reviews 479 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Pregabalin

Review by NikkiTL (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: I couldn't remember the last time I had a "good" day since diagnosed having Fibromyalgia until 2010, when I was first told about Lyrica by an emergency doctor. The symptoms & pain had got so bad that I drove myself to a Baylor emergency room. Physically and mentally I just felt defeated. I was so stressed out that I developed an ulcer and my potassium/magnesium levels were so low they admitted me several times for as long as a week on time. Bags of blood had to be given and IV fluids. Ugh..I was a hot mess. I don't recall the doctor that introduced me to Lyrica, cause I was in and out a few times, but all I can say is a BIG thank-you. I've been on Lyrica 300mg a day since 2010. I can get what I need done and function like a normal woman.

July 22, 2014 1:56 AM

Review by nikkidog (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Dercum's Disease: I found it made a huge difference...the first two weeks had some side effects (just felt really yuk!) but after that I was very happy...if I am late taking a dose I really feel a difference.

July 19, 2014 10:13 AM

Review by Maggie May 60:

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Amazing. Stable on 450mg for a few months. Brought back colour into my life.

July 17, 2014 8:05 AM

Review by V75:

For Fibromyalgia: Had fibromyalgia for 17 years was just diagnosed, been bed bound, house bound, chronic pain. Started this 5 days ago, by 4th day feel energetic, happy, pain reduced, fatigue reduced and I'm at last sleeping! Miracles do happen. First hour after taking little dizzy, nauseous but after that... Good to go!

July 16, 2014 4:49 AM

Review by Downunderlad (taken for less than 1 month):

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: I have been on Lryica for 2 1/2 weeks now. I take 1 x 75mg capsule morning & night. I suffer from back, buttock, leg & feet pain from a 360 degree double spinal fusion of L4-L5 & L5 & S1 done 20 years ago. Nerve pain is now ruining my life. However since being on this medicine my pain is now around a 2-3 out of 10 from being anywhere between 5-9. The only real side effect I am having is feeling "High" 24 hrs a day. Supposedly this will go away in time. I also feel uplifted and it has helped with my depression. I do feel a bit aggressive at times too. I have been keeping a close check on my weight too but nothing has changed. My normal weight is 75 kgs and I'm fit & strong as I workout in the gym regularly which helps control back pain.

July 15, 2014 1:05 AM

Review by dpinker1:

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: Caused me more pain but has helped others.

July 9, 2014 12:52 AM

Review by Br32 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: It didn't work.

July 8, 2014 7:39 AM

Review by Okgirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: I was taking Xanax to calm the muscle spasms and Tylenol 3 for severe pain. This combination worked but I was terrified of addiction. Now taking 75mg Lyrica 3x a day. Pain almost gone after two days, but I'm dizzy, falling down, sleeping in a stupor 18 hours a day, weight gain 7 lbs a month for 5 straight months, can't remember vocabulary, feel dumb down.

July 6, 2014 9:40 PM

Review by wolfie'smom (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: This medicine works miracles when I need it.

July 5, 2014 8:10 PM

Review by cmack2209 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I feel compelled to write a review on Pregabalin, and having been on the medicine for nearly a year now, I feel I can fully evaluate its effects. I was put on Pregabalin for generalized anxiety disorder and seasonal affective disorder by my Doctor. At first I was put on a very low dose of 75mg, which did next to nothing. I immediately requested to have the dose increased until finally I reached a dose that was effective enough for me (600mg). For a while the medicine did its job and I actually felt like my anxiety had been reversed. I suffer bad social anxiety, and 300mg of this made me quite extroverted and confident. I would say it was 'pro social' for sure. Alas tolerance set in and now even 800mg doesn't do much of anything apart from prevent withdrawals.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 3, 2014 1:21 PM

Review by smilingalbert (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I was suffering from persistent nausea. I lost a lot of weight as eating was difficult. I had many tests and my doctor concluded the problem was mental, not physical. He prescribed Pregabalin, 75mg twice a day, and the improvement came almost immediately. I feel much calmer, much reduced anxiety, have my appetite back, and the nausea mostly eliminated. I would strongly recommend this medicine. It does make you want to eat, but this was a boon at first as I had lost a lot of weight, but no other side effects as far as I can tell. Maybe a bit of drowsiness. This medicine gave me my life back so give it a go if you have run out of other ideas.

June 22, 2014 5:24 PM

Review by Chemo-Induced (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: I too progressed from Gabapentin to Lyrica, 100mg 3x a day. I have chemically-induced neuropathy from 6 months of chemo. My hands and feet are numb, tingling, like they are asleep. Lyrica is supposed to be an advanced form of the Gabapentin, though I have seen little difference. I have increased appetite and some swelling in my hands and ankles. I continue using Lyrica because I need something for the hot shooting pain. This was the last med prescribed for my neuropathy.

June 20, 2014 9:23 AM

Review by B.A.H. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: I did not feel it was helping all that well with the pain.[ lower, middle back and rib] I went from 25 mg to 75, 150 then 225mg. I found I was tired and lethargic. I had a dry mouth and throat constantly, and my vision was hard to focus, jumpy. I had stopped and restarted after 4 months, still the same. Breathing is harder, so I've noticed this time. I have stopped for good!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 19, 2014 10:57 PM

Review by AnnonnA:

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: Lyrica is about as effective as opiates without the baggage that comes with the latter. Lyrica has it's own side effects for me while working up to 450 mg/day including a floaty spaced out sensation, INSANE appetite, and constipation - these side effects largely disappeared at the 2-week point. Pain relief was fairly quick, at about the third or fourth day.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 12, 2014 3:47 PM

Review by Hetu:

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: I have just started started on Lyrica 75 mg. Taking it once in the night. It seems to be working. My pain is down a bit and am able to do a lot more work than before. Also don't get as tired as before. Just got back from visiting turkey and the week I spent there was hectic. Lots and lots of walking. Don't think I would have been able to do it without this medication. I have fibromyalgia since the last 2 and half years and had shyed away from this medication because of the side effects. However I was in so much pain a month ago that I finally decided to give it a try. I don't regret it and am hoping that the effect of the medicine will last. And I'll have a normal life again.

June 1, 2014 11:54 AM

Review by spartanfan131940 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome: This (Lyrica) has been the best option I have tried. It did not make me drowsy and made long days of standing and walking on my bad foot almost unnoticeable.

May 30, 2014 1:09 PM

Review by ghostinthewell (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: I have severe neuropathy, and I take a cocktail of pain medicines. This medicine is a very important link to fight pain so I can still go to work. It is addictive and hard to kick, but I don't plan on kicking it anytime soon as I need too badly.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 27, 2014 9:38 PM

Review by Dustinb85 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: This medicine does seem to help quite a bit with nerve pain. I do tend to have a easily over sensitive nervous system. Lyrica makes me feel a lot better at night time so I can sleep. I take MS-Contin in the day and Lyrica at night. My life would be a lot less stable without Lyrica. I believe the best way I can describe what it does is slow down the pain signals so they are not as noticeable.

May 23, 2014 12:55 AM

Review by neetalyn (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: After spinal surgery I was having shock life pain and tingling in my hands and feet all the time. After about a month on Lyrica that pain had calmed down and I was sleeping much better. I do feel somewhat sleepy when I take it but nothing too out of control. I hope I can cut it out in a few months as I hate to be in any medication very long.

May 20, 2014 8:10 PM

Review by Br32 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: 1) Severe anxiety; 2) social anxiety disorder; 3) major depressive disorder. I take 75 mg along with 20mg Escitalopram, 60mg Mirtazapine, 2mg Alprazolam Tried before: sertraline 7/10 (maybe the best for me); paroxetine; venlafaxine; duloxetine; "Parnate" (didn't help with anxiety); lithium, lamotrigine, "Depakote" (all ineffective); clomipramine (increased anxiety). Clonazepam and diazepam. I ask my doc about pregabalin because I'm concerned about benzodiazepine. The more I take the more I need. I've taken for 5 weeks and I feel a little better. The goal is to decrease the dose of Alprazolam. I will make it slowly. Before it was impossible; now I see it's not. After a couple of months I'll be back for news. Be strong, friends.

May 19, 2014 6:55 AM

Review by Evie53yrsOld (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome: I have full body RSD for 10yrs. It is not a disease you can live with. I was on Morphine and Valium for the 10yrs & decided to stop them. I lost those yrs of my life sleeping 17 hours a day and the pain was horrible even taking 90mg a day and 30mg of Valium. I went to Wilmington Treatment Center to stop the medicines & so they started me on the Lyrica 450mg per day. It saved my life. Without the Lyrica I was awake for 3 days crying in pain, could not lay in a bed due to the sheets touching me, my core temperature would not come up, I was freezing but everything burned my skin if it touched me. The Lyrica within 2 hours gave me hope and I started turning around for the better. My life is so much better now. My family is glad to have me back!

May 16, 2014 2:02 PM

Review by Fattroutt (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: Taking Lyrica relieves my fibromyalgia symptoms literally in days and the pain relief from that is amazing. Unfortunately I can't sleep, I get red sore eyes water retention, constipation, irritated bladder, passing water much more frequently. Pelvic pain, sore gums. Cramps, excess wind, bloated stomach, runny nose. These side effects occur as quickly as the pain from fibromyalgia goes.

May 9, 2014 1:53 AM

Review by Sircrag (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I have suffered with severe anxiety and depression for years. I tried 6 different antidepressants as well as benzodiazepines and all did nothing for me of any help. Eventually I was put on Pregabalin by a Psychiatrist and it was very helpful almost from day one. We increased my dose until I take the maximum of 300mg twice a day. At this dose my anxiety has been pretty much eliminated, I am happy and now an active person. However a word of warning to anybody taking this medicine for a long time: DO NOT allow yourself to suddenly withdraw from it. I recently had to go a week without it and it was a living hell for me. Withdrawal symptoms for me were as follows: severe anxiety and depression, suicidal ideation, inability to sleep, nausea and vomiting

May 1, 2014 2:21 PM

Review by Bub2222:

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: It makes my eyes twitch

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 30, 2014 8:47 AM

Review by LynnieN:

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: Relieves some fibromyalgia pain, but causes weight gain and fatigue. Does nothing for muscle spasms.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate