User Reviews for Pregabalin

Also known as: Lyrica

Learn more about Pregabalin.

Occipital Neuralgia 1 reviews 0 medications

Spondylolisthesis 0 reviews 50 medications Not rated - Be the first
Syringomyelia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Pregabalin reviews 540 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Pregabalin

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "Thus is intended as a warning about sudden cessation of long term Lyrica use. I've been taking 75mg twice daily Lyrica for severe pain resulting from crush fractures in my spine. I started to feel a slight benefit from the drug a few weeks after beginning to take it but it wasn't until I started swimming that my long standing pain completely disappeared. I never missed a dose until a few days ago: just ran out, had to wait til the next day, effectively missing two doses. I went through an incredibly harrowing experience in that time without the drug...it wasn't psychological: I could almost physically feel the chemistry in my brain and body going totally haywire. It was extremely alarming, nothing can describe how nasty it was."

JackLantern (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 27, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I've had fibromyalgia for about 30yrs - I am 43. Endometriosis from ages 13-36, (a hysterectomy 'fixed' that;) clinical depression from abt 16, (break down at 28;) anxiety disorder; insomnia &/or severely disturbed sleep cycles for15-20yrs. AND I've needed a cane to walk for the last 2-3 yrs. FMS & depression compete for the title of "most debilitating." I've tried almst everything, (Cymbalta was useless.) The last 2 months I've been taking slowly increased doses of Lyrica. Currently on 150mg a day, (2× 75mg,) with a view to 300-400mg. I've had zero relief from pain, BUT nasty side fx. Almost no sleep. Worsened depression & anxiety. Terrible FMS type 'fog.' Flatulance! Cannot see this contiuing or improving. (Available on PBS in Australia.)"

the cats' person (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: "Shingles in my scalp in 2009. Started off using 75 mg twice daily. I am now taking 150 mg twice daily. The Lyrica was/is a lifesaver, since I also have migraine, sinus, tension headaches. I seldom have the migraines anymore. My problem is that my scalp continues to get irritated if I comb it or use any kind of lotions, gels, moisturizers, oils or sprays on it. Concerned about the weight gain, but overall, satisfied with Lyrica."

emag July 23, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "Pain reduction with memory loss. I've been on Lyrica 4 yrs and take 450 mg a day for fibromyalgia, migraines, and nerve damage. Also on Fentanyl pain patch, Norco, and Flexeril daily for herniated discs C3-C7, T3, L1. Lyrica significantly improves my pain and migraine recurrance; however, it is likely the cause of memory loss and slower thought process. I teach high school and college courses, am the parent of five young adults, and am sole breadwinner and insurance provider. I intend to reduce my Lyrica and pray I can manage increased pain better than memory loss or dementia, two common side effects of Lryica. Female, 53 yrs. Check Pfizer patient assistance programs on web to defray costs. I got free Lyrica when needed. No weight gain."

PhoenixTX July 23, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I was diagnosed with adult onset Diabetes last Dec. I started on Metformin 750 and almost immediately my fasting glucose dropped to 94. That is what it has been since but I have been bothered with neuropathy for months. I tried Lyrica for 3 months and it did absolutely nothing for the pain. I am presently taking gabapentin 300 mg at bedtime and it helps slightly. The cost for the Lyrica was money out the window."

marge4426 July 18, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "For the past year I have suffered pain in calf of leg which travels up theough thigh hips and back on walking it becomes extreme and I have to sit down, awaiting MRI scan on spine... physio say stenosis of spine and that I have a slight curve in spine... After reading reviews I decided to try these tabs I have only taken them for 2 nights ( 1 x 75mg cap) supposed to take 2 daily but I feel I cant wake up in mornings and have to force myself to get out of bed, for a couple hours after i still feel groggy and light headed throughout the day. I dont know whether to perservere with them, I have to say slight improvement with being able to walk with a little less pain. I live in Scotland so my prescription is free for this drug."

sara4848 July 12, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "have had good results in controlling foot pain,i have type 2 diabetics,and prescribed 50 mg 1 per day.i have had weight gain in 50 lb range.eat very little,age 89 yrs little exercise .works for me"

geno.s July 12, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Only took one prescribed dose with real bad reaction. Ended up in hospital with dangerously slow heart rate. Unable to talk, walk or stand, it felt like I had a stroke. Severe joint pain and urinary retention developed within 24 hours and I found it incredibly difficult to remain conscious. Hospital staff did not recognise the symptoms as an adverse effect of the medication, even though I handed them the advisory notes from the medication, and treated me as though I was just having an anxiety attack or attention seeking. It wasn't until I was discharged and read up on the medication that I was able to confirm that all the symptoms I had were listed as side effects. needless to say I did not take any more."

tortietams (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I took Lyrica for a couple of months. It helped with some of the fibro pain and I felt tired and a little dizzy along with having dry mouth which I expected as common side effects. What surprised me was I got new pains in new places--my big toe felt like it was on fire and my lower back hurt badly. I started weaning off of Lyrica and the new pains went away. I also had insomnia from weaning process. I think it does work to dull the fibro pain but not sure if it's worth it if there are new pains."

1st Timer June 29, 2015

For Pain: "This worked wonders for me but I have an allergy to it, was warmed it would make me drowsy but made me have crazy anxiety and tight-chest. Problem was it completely eliminated my sciatic and lower back pain. Couldn't cope with side effects on 75mg so dropped to 25mg, still too harsh side effects. Moved on to Gabapentin in last 48 hours which has seen back pain return but no sciatic pain or tightness. I am allergic/have a bad intolerance to caffeine and it was exactly the same reaction. Sadly due to side effects this tablet didn't work out for me"

Philni (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "I took this drug for 7 years, only gained 5 pounds. Recently I quit using it and started taking Gabapentin. I'm at 1800 mg. a day and I've gained 15 pounds and counting. I walk briskly every a.m. for 45- 60 min., 7 days a week. I'm up to 15 laps a day in my pool and I eat like a bird. Saw my Doctor yesterday, am weaning off the Gabapentin and in a few days I will start taking Lyrica again! It helped my pain much better than the Gabapentin and the weight gain is ridiculous! I realize that some people have similar experiences with Lyrica, it just goes to show that every "body" is different. Some people have a better time on Lyrica, some on Gabapentin. I'll take the Lyrica!"

skippyb's mom (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 25, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "My husband was perscribed Lyrica for neuropathic pain. He has been in pain with low back issues since 2005. He has had shots, surgeries, a stim unit inplant. The pain continues to get increase. The lyrica within three days made him completely crazy. Couldn't sleep, very emotional. Started weaning right away. He had side effects all the way to cold and flu like symtoms. This Lyica is horrible, worst medicine he has ever taken and now we're stuck for $100.00"

rcbepb June 25, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "Lyrica works. Unfortunately, I am on the verge of discontinuing use because of significant side effects. The most troubling for me are the eye disorders (conjunctivitis and blurred vision), and the dementia. I am 53 years old and I have trouble remembering elementary words! It's very embarrassing. I also have a significant taste disorder... many things taste like "burnt garlic" to me... that's the best way I can describe it. Finally, I have facial bloating, weight gain, and dizziness. I have been on the maximum dose of Lyrica for chronic pain due to degenerative disc disease in my neck. I was willing to endure the weight and dizziness, but the eye, memory and taste problems are intolerable. Too bad, because Lyrica really helps pain."

Jayalay June 20, 2015

For Migraine Prevention: "I have constant migraines often lasting months. First trialed Lyrica for 1 week without any effects (75mg x 2 a day). After trialling other prevention medication which had bad side effects. Trialed Lyrica 25mg twice a day and after the first week was migraine free for months. after running out, migraines returned. This is very effective, as all other migraine prevention medication has been unsuccessful."

bob_about June 18, 2015

For Occipital Neuralgia: "This is the only medicine in 3yrs of having Occipital Neuralgia that REALLY WORKS!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I suffer panic disorder that limits my social interactions to the point that I can not leave the home or see anyone, been suffering from this since childhood, I am now 32 furthermore I have been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. I have taken many types of medication including venlalic (venlafaxine) which I have been taking for over 12 years (225mg daily) I was told about pregabalin from a friend and asked my Psychiatrist if I could start them, she agreed to start me on 75mg twice daily, the first couple of days I felt like I had drank a few beers as my balance was off and also things seemed funny to me ( in a good way ) that soon subsided. Pregabalin has been the best thing I have ever been on, just hope it carries on working !"

Tom1983 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "Had spinal fusion in Jan 2015. I had severe nerve damage due to spinal stenosis. I had terrible burning pain in my entire right leg. Opiates did nothing for it. I have only been on lyrica for a week and I definitely feel somewhat of an improvement . I am hoping it gets even better in the coming weeks."

nana Cathy (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I went from 800 mg of Neurontin a day, with its zombie-like side effects, to 100 mg of Lyrica with no side effects and more effective that Neurontin."

sagud2001 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 30, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "Attackef at age 60. Totally bedridden many years. Husband took me to many neuros who ended up not believing in fibromyalgia. Very insulting suggesting it was"all in my head". Many days could just not make myself move or interact. I had great tired feeling and feeling of pain running thru all parts of my body. Oct 2014 I was lucky. Went to another neuro, prescribed 25mg bid lyrica. In 2 weeks I was myself and have not looked back. Befote this I was an avid runner, pilates, overall exerciser. This came fromnowhere. My lyrica is very low but I just needed it evidently."

Dee/fibromyalgia (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 30, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "Makes me swell up, eat too much, bump into things, forget words and does nothing for my pain. Stupid, expensive drug. I've been taking 150mg. 2X per day for almost three months. It doesn't work."

zztup May 30, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "I take Lyrica since 2007 and managed to lower the dosage to 100mg. It's what allows me to live a normal life. I associate the mood changes and somnolency to the amount of pain I feel more than to the drug it self. Fortunately I can get it cheaper then in the beginning. I hope the generic comes soon!"

paulomint May 27, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: "I've copped a dose of the shingles from the middle of my back wrapped around into my belly button on the right side. Doctors couldn't work out the problem because the rash took 5 days to appear. The pain was very uncomfortable. Pain killers weren't cutting the mustard. When the rash appeared the Doc put me straight onto lyrica 75mg once a day. Had the pill before bed then for the next 3 days had a migraine so intense that all i could think of is please wear off and give me the shingles pain back. So lyrica did stop the nerve pain but i developed side effects. Just not for every one."

brendo (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Neuropathic Pain: "THE WORST THING you can possibly do is take this twice a day. Following a relapse of neuromyelitis optica my dose was upped from 75 to 150mg to be taken as 75 twice a day. I've been extremely sleepy and so drowsy that I was almost deferring from school. No one should ever prescribe or dispense this as b.d"

Anyinyo May 14, 2015

Lyrica (pregabalin) for Fibromyalgia: "Being a survivor of Spinal Cord Injury "lyrica" has literally been a life savor for me. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure if I would be able to live a normal life without it. Now, to the down side of "Lyrica". Who can afford it? A 30 day supply for me is $500 a month. I am disabled and because phizer got greedy and paid off a superior court judge we can not obtain the generic version of the drug. That said, who's best interest is in mind I ask? The people or the man? The sad thing is that I know this will never be seen by the people that all know I'm right and need the help like me but must suffer and live without medication that can change a persons quality of life. Thank you for allowing me to share. And if even one sees this. The riteone"

Mike/want to live. May 9, 2015

For Neuropathic Pain: "Hello! I have severe Neuropathic pain from spinal injuries. I had a spinal block that worked for a while, but it didn't take care of all the pain. My life was pretty limited as to what I could do, which was pretty much sitting in a chair at the computer or watching tv. My love for the outdoors was pretty much squashed since it requires bending over, which I can't do, due to the rods and screws in my back. I have only taken this medicine for two days, and I have already have noticed a huge difference. I am actually able to move around more. I also have osteoarthritis, and my joints were hurting. Not anymore. This stuff is amazing. The only drawback is the cost. I have to take it three times a day, and it's really expensive."

Deborahlbnc (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2015