User Reviews for Lyrica

Epilepsy 2 reviews 39 medications

6.7
Summary of Lyrica reviews 389 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Lyrica

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "Lyrica worked (for 2 weeks) when I first began taking 75mg then it stopped helping at all ...now @ 100mg 3 times a day it still is ineffective.."

TETPOL (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2016

For Neuralgia "in april/may of 2011 i my right foot kept falling asleep over a 3 day period & i had a tingling sensation creep across my groin after 3 days of my right foot falling asleep & the tingling sensation creeping across my waist i was numb from the waist down for 2 weeks since then my feet fell asleep & NEVER woke up i finally got on lyrica & and it has help some with the tingling sensations but it has me feeling oh so stoned thankfully i get my lyrica through the county health department and it doesnt cost me"

roasty & toasty (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 22, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "Works very well, the only draw back is weight gain."

Leeann628 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 19, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I have tried neurontin, gabapentin, and a myriad of pain killers to mitigate my pain after multiple shin fractures. After a month of taking it my pain went from well above a 10 to a 7 - 8 which is far more manageable. The cost with my current insurance is 50 for a month supply which is not too bad. Worth the money for being able to lower my leg pain. The only symptom that I experience is a slight balance/dizzy feeling."

DHoff80 April 18, 2016

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "The needle standing pain was bad, but then I developed this feeling like I dipped my lower legs and feet in frying oil. It all is getting worse. It has really been tough especially at night trying to sleep."

Appaz April 17, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "Nerve pain after total knee replacement. The nerve pain is in toes, they feel very cold but when felt the are really warm. After a couple of weeks on lyrica I getting hive like itches mainly on arms"

Oiley April 12, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "I was on Lyrica for a year. Then my insurance decided hey we aren't paying for this anymore and I had to stop. And it was a just stop completely not a wean off of it. Started on. Gabapentin 800 3x a day. Has done Nothing for me. I am miserable. If you need help paying for it go to there website and they will actually pay for the medication for you. For a year then you just reapply. I will be getting mine back finally this week. And I can't wait to get back on it so I can actually be a mom and a wife again. Without laying in bed all day suffering."

Craftygirlz2014 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 4, 2016

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "Eased diabetic nerve pain somewhat but caused "jerking motion" so severe that I could not feed myself. This was with only one month's use. Discontinued use and jerking getting much better."

Early April 3, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "This is poison, destroyed my life, horrible side effects and made my pain so much worse. Detoxing is a living hell and makes coming off narcotics a walk in the park. It's horrible and should be taken off the market."

Pissed off and disgusted (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2016

For Neuralgia "It cured my pain (trigeminal neuralia), but I had nasty side effects at first: mild headaches, nausea, tired, feeling too full and bloated (even when not eating), weight gain, dizzy, etc. I stuck with it, and after two weeks I was still feeling bloated and headaches, and continued to gain weight. I researched ways to counteract the negative effects, and started taking a B6 supplement (for weight gain) and an herbal diuretic (for the bloat). I no longer feel bloated, and the headaches are gone. I'm on my 4th (or 5th?) week of lyrica, and am feeling much better. I don't think I'm still gaining weight, but it's too soon to tell. I wasn't eating any more or less than usual, so if the B6 helps, that would be nice."

Nannnnn March 28, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I have been taking lyrica for 3 days now after trying every pain med for the last 7 years. ..unreal. ..I am able to walk better and my pain has diminished to about a 2 or 3, I was only a little foggy on the second morning but besides that I have had no bad side effects at all. I tried nuerotin years ago but after the second day I could not function, so any one with nerve pain should give this a try. .it sure has helped me"

Notim (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I had cervical fusion at c4-5, 5-6, 6-7, after my surgery coming out of the operating room no one could touch my skin. I had loss sense of feeling on right arm left hand right shoulder was on fire pins and needles severe also on the back right side of tongue and throat. In the hospital they started giving me Lyrical 75mg 3 times per day that just took the edge off. Then I went to the pain Dr it was increased to 150mg 3 times a day and I had such relief to the point I could touch my skin, it has worked so great that when it is time for my next dose I begin to feel the pins and needles severe and the fire on my shoulders and hands. Amazingly it takes away that feeling as long as I take it every 6 hers. The problem I have had is weight gain"

Connie B 716 March 14, 2016

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "Lyrica helps with the pain and it works for me I been using it for 5 years but I don't pay any thing for it. my insurance pays it all for me"

dawsons February 28, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "This didn't really change the pain levels but what it did do was make me gain weight substantially. This lead to me getting depressed which made the fibro flare up again. I stopped taking it."

Crikeyjosue (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2016

For Neuralgia "200 mg three times a day has been the only medication that help with facial and jaw pain. For me it's miraculous."

Tom© February 8, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "Like many others, my pain doctor had me on gabapentin first, then after several months without relief, switched me to Lyrica. Without a generic version available, it can cost a small fortune depending on your insurance. Without any insurance, 100mg capsules 3X daily, 90 pills will cost upward of $600! With my Part D, and not qualifying for "Extra Help" through the state, I'm now paying $140 for a 2 week supply, $280 monthly. That's a car payment! I have no idea what to do once the free samples run out, it's a very good medication but unaffordable. If your doctor tells you gabapentin (Neurontin) works the same, chemically there's no difference, that just isn't true. It may be similar, but Lyrica works much better with significantly less mg's"

CMR2012 January 26, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "For those of you having trouble paying for lyrica, my doctor recommended I use the prescription card they offer on their website. . Hope this helps!"

DiscountW123 January 26, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "Seemed to work within 3 hours a little constipated muscle twitches and soreness"

Limpdink January 24, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "10 out of 10 ,Lyrics "

Torched (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I recently stopped taking lyrica after 6 months. I was taking lyrica for nerve pain following a terrible car accident. I wish I had never started taking lyrica. It not only did not help with the pain but only made my condition worse, not to mention the 30 pounds of weight I put on. Also the horrible withdrawal's was worse than I ever could of imagined. I absolutely do not recommend ever starting lyrica"

Mars35 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2016

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "I was taking Lyrica for several years. I stopped taking it because of the price. My prescription medications are covered by Medicare & other insurance, but I do not believe in indiscriminately spending Medicare money. So, again, only because of the cost, I stopped. My feet went wild, burning pain, could not even have the bed covers on them at night. I got my Rx for Lyrica renewed and when it came I first took 2 caps in order to see if it would get started again. It did! I'm going to be doing a bit of research on the internet for a lower cost alternative. Gabapentin looks good at the moment, maybe on my next doc appt. I'll try it. I gave it only a 9 because of the cost, but for effectiveness I'd give it as high a number as allowed."

agss241 January 11, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "I started taking Lyrica about 8 months ago. In about 3 days I had felt a significant change. It was working great for my Fibro, but I also have spinal arthritis. It did nothing for that or my sciatica. Finally I was bumped up to high dose, but do to other things in life I had to stop because of financial difficulties. I couldn't even afford copays. So I'm on gabapentin and it barely works. If I could, I would get back on Lyrica! Thank you all for sharing your experiences!"

Alicat78 January 10, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "I have been on Lyrica for around a year now, I take 300mg twice a day, initially this was a wonder drug that helped immensely with my pain, I couldn't stay awake for first few weeks but since getting used to it I've been fine. The massive downside for me is that it's affects have weaned dramatically and I once again find myself in pain, being a single parent to 4 children and working full time is becoming increasingly difficult and I'm not sure I can continue working."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 4, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I have had neuropathic spine pain since 1984. I have triple S curve; had 6 spine surgeries, and have implanted pain relief system for low back pain. Nothing worked, opioids almost led to death. 2 months ago begam Lyrica (100mg, 3x/day). At beginning: brain felt "foggy"; walking unstable; total urinary incontinence (some bowel incontinence). To say I was shocked at how the Lyrica relieved my spine pain is an undersatement! I read all the horror stories, but decided to give it time. This is the first time since the early eighties I have had NO pain! The side effects are gone."

Audj71 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "Lyrica is a scheme why patent a medicine that loved ones need whether they can or cannot afford it. To but a ban on generic forms shows that they do not care for the well being, they just care how much money they can bulk up. I do not support lyrica. Gabapentin does the job and won't kill your organs with the "potency". It's sad they have no care for your health just want to gain wealth off your illness. "

Lyrica101 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2016