User Reviews for Lyrica

Epilepsy 3 reviews 39 medications

5.9
Summary of Lyrica reviews 398 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Lyrica

For Fibromyalgia "Side effects are worse than Fibromyalgia pain. I've been taking Lyrica for two months. It was a miracle drug for the first few weeks. I've been living with Fibromyalgia for over 35 years and have tried eveything. Anti depressants, excersise, bio-feedback, acupuncture, narcotics, you name it. So I was excited about the dramatic pain reduction from Lyrica.But now I have developed severe muscle weakness, headache, abdominal cramping, acne and difficulty thinking clearly. I can barely hold myself up and I can't lift anything over a few pounds. I have asked my doctor if I can safely stop taking it. I'm just waiting g for him to return my call. I would rather just live with my horrible pain than take any more of these toxic drugs."

Bob 330 May 27, 2016

For Postherpetic Neuralgia "I had shingles in January 2014. I have had terrible PHN ever since. 2.5 years of pain. It has been awful!! Shingles is the worst pain I have ever experienced and it isn't going away. I tried everything out there from Gabapentin to acupuncture, to percocet, to injections in my back and nothing helped, or it would help for a few weeks, but the pain always managed to come back strong. I was wary of Lyrica because of the side effects, but I finally decided to try it. It has definitely helped me and I can do things like ride my bike again with little pain. However, I have put on 8 lbs in 6 months and I am an extremely active person, so this is tough for me. I also have pain in my joints and sometimes my hands go numb, but less pain."

Cyclist 54 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I've read many opinions on this site most being negative towards this amazing medication. I have suffered from a trapped nerve near my waistband ( hip) and nothing I took or did could stop the pain / burning / tingling numbness from my hip to my knee cap. I declined surgery to remove the nerve and was placed finally on lyrica. I hesitated for 2 months before finally giving in to the medication because of all the negative reviews you read online.First two days i was on lyrica I had a small headache and dry mouth that is about it. after a week the dry mouth went away and I was left virtually pain free within 2 weeks. DON'T read into everything and hesitate to take thismedication.I have not gained a single pound and im pain free. im on 3 x 50mg"

Matt from canada (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I've had problems with my feet burning for several years. Every year it was worse than the year before. It got to the point that I couldn't stand anything on my feet. Lyrica helped a lot, with much less frequency and severity of burning. Finally some relief. Unfortunately, I had to discontinue because of side effects. I had almost all side effects listed in the info sheet. Most I could have tolerated, but the ones I couldn't was weight gain, confusion, and fast progressing blurred vision. Also, I had severe clinical depression over 18 years ago until I received the correct antidepressant. I've had no depression since. However, the Lyrica caused it to return, although not as severe. It also caused anger flareups, very unlike me."

Anonymous May 11, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I took lyrica for long standing neuropathic pain. I took it before bed and woke up the next day completely in a haze, dizzy , uncoordinated and could not function. It made my symptoms worse. The dose was 150 mg. I am just sharing my experience. Unfortunately it is not helpful for me."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about 18 years ago. I stopped working a few years after due to the pain. I tried many medications so I could have some quality of life with my husband and 2 children. I spent most of my time in bed or on the couch because the pain was so debilitating. I was taking Ultram and Zanex but these just didn't take away the pain and then my doctor started me on Lyrica. I started feeling like a new person because slowly the pain started to decrease. The only side effect which could also be part of Fibromyalgia is with speech. I have trouble sometimes finding the words I want to say. I now take 75 mg 3 times per day and have been taking it for over 10 years. I'm so grateful to have my life back."

Catluver62-10 May 10, 2016

For Postherpetic Neuralgia "I'm 48 yr. health female and I suffer from severe, chronic post shingles pain from my spine, around my hip, to my belly button, basically my entire left side. This is the worst experience of my life this nerve pain is tiring, depressing and just seems to not let up. Lyrica is helping to cut down on the amount of spams and excruciating pain but, I keep wondering, "when will it go away" and why don't they give the shingles injections like chicken pox to "prevent". Why do I have to wait to get this again someone where else or until I'm 50+ years old to prevent another bout of excruciating never pain."

Pain worse than labor (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2016

For Epilepsy "I was optimistic about this med, as I was feeling pretty good emotionally. Unfortunately it caused me to have six seizures in a day, which is rare for me. I tried Lyrica twice on two separate occasions, this being the second, but we didn't know it was causing it the first time. Ultimately, I had high hopes but it was a big disappointment. Actually, more than a disappointment, it was straight up dangerous. Disclaimer: I know this med helps a lot of people; this is just my personal experience."

Bango19 (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "suicidal thoughts, no pain relief."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2016

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "Lyrica worked (for 2 weeks) when I first began taking 75mg then it stopped helping at all ...now @ 100mg 3 times a day it still is ineffective.."

TETPOL (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2016

For Neuralgia "in april/may of 2011 i my right foot kept falling asleep over a 3 day period & i had a tingling sensation creep across my groin after 3 days of my right foot falling asleep & the tingling sensation creeping across my waist i was numb from the waist down for 2 weeks since then my feet fell asleep & NEVER woke up i finally got on lyrica & and it has help some with the tingling sensations but it has me feeling oh so stoned thankfully i get my lyrica through the county health department and it doesnt cost me"

roasty & toasty (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 22, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "Works very well, the only draw back is weight gain."

Leeann628 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 19, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I have tried neurontin, gabapentin, and a myriad of pain killers to mitigate my pain after multiple shin fractures. After a month of taking it my pain went from well above a 10 to a 7 - 8 which is far more manageable. The cost with my current insurance is 50 for a month supply which is not too bad. Worth the money for being able to lower my leg pain. The only symptom that I experience is a slight balance/dizzy feeling."

DHoff80 April 18, 2016

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "The needle standing pain was bad, but then I developed this feeling like I dipped my lower legs and feet in frying oil. It all is getting worse. It has really been tough especially at night trying to sleep."

Appaz April 17, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "Nerve pain after total knee replacement. The nerve pain is in toes, they feel very cold but when felt the are really warm. After a couple of weeks on lyrica I getting hive like itches mainly on arms"

Oiley April 12, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "I was on Lyrica for a year. Then my insurance decided hey we aren't paying for this anymore and I had to stop. And it was a just stop completely not a wean off of it. Started on. Gabapentin 800 3x a day. Has done Nothing for me. I am miserable. If you need help paying for it go to there website and they will actually pay for the medication for you. For a year then you just reapply. I will be getting mine back finally this week. And I can't wait to get back on it so I can actually be a mom and a wife again. Without laying in bed all day suffering."

Craftygirlz2014 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 4, 2016

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "Eased diabetic nerve pain somewhat but caused "jerking motion" so severe that I could not feed myself. This was with only one month's use. Discontinued use and jerking getting much better."

Early April 3, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "This is poison, destroyed my life, horrible side effects and made my pain so much worse. Detoxing is a living hell and makes coming off narcotics a walk in the park. It's horrible and should be taken off the market."

Pissed off and disgusted (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2016

For Neuralgia "It cured my pain (trigeminal neuralia), but I had nasty side effects at first: mild headaches, nausea, tired, feeling too full and bloated (even when not eating), weight gain, dizzy, etc. I stuck with it, and after two weeks I was still feeling bloated and headaches, and continued to gain weight. I researched ways to counteract the negative effects, and started taking a B6 supplement (for weight gain) and an herbal diuretic (for the bloat). I no longer feel bloated, and the headaches are gone. I'm on my 4th (or 5th?) week of lyrica, and am feeling much better. I don't think I'm still gaining weight, but it's too soon to tell. I wasn't eating any more or less than usual, so if the B6 helps, that would be nice."

Nannnnn March 28, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I have been taking lyrica for 3 days now after trying every pain med for the last 7 years. ..unreal. ..I am able to walk better and my pain has diminished to about a 2 or 3, I was only a little foggy on the second morning but besides that I have had no bad side effects at all. I tried nuerotin years ago but after the second day I could not function, so any one with nerve pain should give this a try. .it sure has helped me"

Notim (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "I had cervical fusion at c4-5, 5-6, 6-7, after my surgery coming out of the operating room no one could touch my skin. I had loss sense of feeling on right arm left hand right shoulder was on fire pins and needles severe also on the back right side of tongue and throat. In the hospital they started giving me Lyrical 75mg 3 times per day that just took the edge off. Then I went to the pain Dr it was increased to 150mg 3 times a day and I had such relief to the point I could touch my skin, it has worked so great that when it is time for my next dose I begin to feel the pins and needles severe and the fire on my shoulders and hands. Amazingly it takes away that feeling as long as I take it every 6 hers. The problem I have had is weight gain"

Connie B 716 March 14, 2016

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "Lyrica helps with the pain and it works for me I been using it for 5 years but I don't pay any thing for it. my insurance pays it all for me"

dawsons February 28, 2016

For Fibromyalgia "This didn't really change the pain levels but what it did do was make me gain weight substantially. This lead to me getting depressed which made the fibro flare up again. I stopped taking it."

Crikeyjosue (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2016

For Neuralgia "200 mg three times a day has been the only medication that help with facial and jaw pain. For me it's miraculous."

Tom© February 8, 2016

For Neuropathic Pain "Like many others, my pain doctor had me on gabapentin first, then after several months without relief, switched me to Lyrica. Without a generic version available, it can cost a small fortune depending on your insurance. Without any insurance, 100mg capsules 3X daily, 90 pills will cost upward of $600! With my Part D, and not qualifying for "Extra Help" through the state, I'm now paying $140 for a 2 week supply, $280 monthly. That's a car payment! I have no idea what to do once the free samples run out, it's a very good medication but unaffordable. If your doctor tells you gabapentin (Neurontin) works the same, chemically there's no difference, that just isn't true. It may be similar, but Lyrica works much better with significantly less mg's"

CMR2012 January 26, 2016