User Reviews for Lyrica

Postherpetic Neuralgia 13 reviews 40 medications

6.5
Summary of Lyrica reviews 321 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Lyrica

For Fibromyalgia "I took Lyrica for a couple of months. It helped with some of the fibro pain and I felt tired and a little dizzy along with having dry mouth which I expected as common side effects. What surprised me was I got new pains in new places--my big toe felt like it was on fire and my lower back hurt badly. I started weaning off of Lyrica and the new pains went away. I also had insomnia from weaning process. I think it does work to dull the fibro pain but not sure if it's worth it if there are new pains."

1st Timer June 29, 2015

For Fibromyalgia "I took this drug for 7 years, only gained 5 pounds. Recently I quit using it and started taking Gabapentin. I'm at 1800 mg. a day and I've gained 15 pounds and counting. I walk briskly every a.m. for 45- 60 min., 7 days a week. I'm up to 15 laps a day in my pool and I eat like a bird. Saw my Doctor yesterday, am weaning off the Gabapentin and in a few days I will start taking Lyrica again! It helped my pain much better than the Gabapentin and the weight gain is ridiculous! I realize that some people have similar experiences with Lyrica, it just goes to show that every "body" is different. Some people have a better time on Lyrica, some on Gabapentin. I'll take the Lyrica!"

skippyb's mom (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 25, 2015

For Neuropathic Pain "My husband was perscribed Lyrica for neuropathic pain. He has been in pain with low back issues since 2005. He has had shots, surgeries, a stim unit inplant. The pain continues to get increase. The lyrica within three days made him completely crazy. Couldn't sleep, very emotional. Started weaning right away. He had side effects all the way to cold and flu like symtoms. This Lyica is horrible, worst medicine he has ever taken and now we're stuck for $100.00"

rcbepb June 25, 2015

For Neuropathic Pain "Lyrica works. Unfortunately, I am on the verge of discontinuing use because of significant side effects. The most troubling for me are the eye disorders (conjunctivitis and blurred vision), and the dementia. I am 53 years old and I have trouble remembering elementary words! It's very embarrassing. I also have a significant taste disorder... many things taste like "burnt garlic" to me... that's the best way I can describe it. Finally, I have facial bloating, weight gain, and dizziness. I have been on the maximum dose of Lyrica for chronic pain due to degenerative disc disease in my neck. I was willing to endure the weight and dizziness, but the eye, memory and taste problems are intolerable. Too bad, because Lyrica really helps pain."

Jayalay June 20, 2015

For Neuropathic Pain "Had spinal fusion in Jan 2015. I had severe nerve damage due to spinal stenosis. I had terrible burning pain in my entire right leg. Opiates did nothing for it. I have only been on lyrica for a week and I definitely feel somewhat of an improvement . I am hoping it gets even better in the coming weeks."

nana Cathy (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2015

For Neuropathic Pain "I went from 800 mg of Neurontin a day, with its zombie-like side effects, to 100 mg of Lyrica with no side effects and more effective that Neurontin."

sagud2001 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 30, 2015

For Fibromyalgia "Attackef at age 60. Totally bedridden many years. Husband took me to many neuros who ended up not believing in fibromyalgia. Very insulting suggesting it was"all in my head". Many days could just not make myself move or interact. I had great tired feeling and feeling of pain running thru all parts of my body. Oct 2014 I was lucky. Went to another neuro, prescribed 25mg bid lyrica. In 2 weeks I was myself and have not looked back. Befote this I was an avid runner, pilates, overall exerciser. This came fromnowhere. My lyrica is very low but I just needed it evidently."

Dee/fibromyalgia (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 30, 2015

For Fibromyalgia "Makes me swell up, eat too much, bump into things, forget words and does nothing for my pain. Stupid, expensive drug. I've been taking 150mg. 2X per day for almost three months. It doesn't work."

zztup May 30, 2015

For Neuropathic Pain "I take Lyrica since 2007 and managed to lower the dosage to 100mg. It's what allows me to live a normal life. I associate the mood changes and somnolency to the amount of pain I feel more than to the drug it self. Fortunately I can get it cheaper then in the beginning. I hope the generic comes soon!"

paulomint May 27, 2015

For Postherpetic Neuralgia "I've copped a dose of the shingles from the middle of my back wrapped around into my belly button on the right side. Doctors couldn't work out the problem because the rash took 5 days to appear. The pain was very uncomfortable. Pain killers weren't cutting the mustard. When the rash appeared the Doc put me straight onto lyrica 75mg once a day. Had the pill before bed then for the next 3 days had a migraine so intense that all i could think of is please wear off and give me the shingles pain back. So lyrica did stop the nerve pain but i developed side effects. Just not for every one."

brendo (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2015

For Neuropathic Pain "THE WORST THING you can possibly do is take this twice a day. Following a relapse of neuromyelitis optica my dose was upped from 75 to 150mg to be taken as 75 twice a day. I've been extremely sleepy and so drowsy that I was almost deferring from school. No one should ever prescribe or dispense this as b.d"

Anyinyo May 14, 2015

For Fibromyalgia "Being a survivor of Spinal Cord Injury "lyrica" has literally been a life savor for me. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure if I would be able to live a normal life without it. Now, to the down side of "Lyrica". Who can afford it? A 30 day supply for me is $500 a month. I am disabled and because phizer got greedy and paid off a superior court judge we can not obtain the generic version of the drug. That said, who's best interest is in mind I ask? The people or the man? The sad thing is that I know this will never be seen by the people that all know I'm right and need the help like me but must suffer and live without medication that can change a persons quality of life. Thank you for allowing me to share. And if even one sees this. The riteone"

Mike/want to live. May 9, 2015

"It was a nightmare.I had the worse side effects that medicine had to offer. Its been a month and I am still swollen and been to the worthless ER in Grants Pass, Oregon which is Asante Three Rivers Hospital where they after 5 1/2 hours diagnoised me with shortness of breath.No treatment for the convulsion the swelling from head to toe, confusion,and the list went on.I was first turned away from Asante Urgent Care saying they do not treat patients with side effects from Medications."

Verna Mae (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2015

For Fibromyalgia "I was on Lyrica until last year until my insurance would not pay for it. They started me on gabapentin which does work very well with me."

Levern (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 29, 2015

For Neuropathic Pain "Pregablin has been the only medication I have had that enables me to maintain a life without constant pain. Side effects aren't bad either but I am more anxious than ever before so 9/10."

Glass back (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 24, 2015

For Postherpetic Neuralgia "Had a Thalamic Stroke, which left me with disturbed sensations on my right side. 10 years later, developed shingles on my right leg, which I thought were bug bites. Within 3 days, I was in agony, after 8 weeks I was loosing functionality in the right leg. Saw Orthopedist, Pain Specialist, and received the impression, that they thought I was a nut, or trying to get pain meds. Finally went to a neurologist, who diagnosed TPS and Shingles nerve pain interacting. Within 24 hours of starting Lyrica the pain lessened, upping the dose a few weeks later and the pain was zilch. I have started to regain function in the right leg, it's very slow but I can see it. I have never felt such terrible pain, Lyrica was a true lifesaver."

JMudder (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2015

For Neuropathic Pain "I've been on 75mg, 2x/day for 2 months. Difference is night and day! I have RA, nerve damage form a pretty bad accident, herniated discs and vein's are dying. I'm a mess. Tried everything, but Lyrica has been the one that worked. Not completely, but they may bump up the dosage, I'm told. Trying for 2 more months til I see my GP again. Lucky my insurance pays- otherwise I'd never be able to afford it."

cherdoo (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2015

For Neuropathic Pain "Due to a toxic neuropathy which causes an excess of electrical conduction through my peripherical nervous system and results in neuralgic pain specially in my legs, arms, hands, feet, torso & face I have been taken 450mg a Day. It worked for a couple of years but now my body tolerance has reduced its pain killing efect. Don't want to increase dosage and my neurologist seems at a loss as what to prescribe."

Quique 444 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 21, 2015

For Fibromyalgia "This medication gave me relief but then the major effects came. In my 7th year severe headache every day, retina tore from blood vessels bursting, rash started on ankle spread all the way up my right leg. Finally I decided to find some other way to handle this terrible pain."

65 er (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 29, 2015

For Neuralgia "I have suffered extreme damage to my trigeminal nerve on the left side of my face due to dental implants. I since had three teeth pulled and one implant taken out. My life was full of unbearable pain and suffering. After 17 doctors/dentists, I finally went to an neurologist who put me on Lyrica. After fighting with my insurance company for two weeks I was approved. Within one week I have minimal pain! It is a miracle for me. I take 25mg three times a day. Love it! Thank you!"

Patsy G (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2015

For Postherpetic Neuralgia "I had pain shooting throughout my body for a week. One day it would be in my legs, then my torso, then my arm, my throat, my ear and then shingles surfaced on my torso-right side. I took an antiviral for the shingles, and Neurontin for pain. The blisters were painful and they went away in a couple weeks but the pain remained and I took Neurontin in high doses, with Tylenol so I could sleep but my right leg hurt all the time. I couldn't walk up/down stairs on that leg, or sleep on either of side without pain and I am a side sleeper so I was miserable. A neurologist was skeptical that the cause was shingles but prescribed Lyrica and it was magic! 75 mg once a day and the pain is 95% gone, 6 months later still works."

lawnmowergirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 18, 2015

For Neuralgia "Have been taking Lyrica for nearly two years to treat my Trigeminal Neuralgia. I have been attack free since starting on the medication. I look at Lyrica as a life savior for me."

BigAlpat January 13, 2015

For Neuropathic Pain "The pain in my right thigh was almost unbearable. It was all I thought of, day and night. I only slept at most 2 hours at a time before the pain would awaken me. After a week on Lyrica (75mg twice a day), there was tremendous relief, but I still had pain. Then I was put on 150 mg twice a day, and it was like a miracle. The pain was totally gone in a few days. I also take it for fibromyalgia and diabetic neuropathy. But the meralgia paresthetica saw the most dramatic improvement. No noticeable side effects, except a little dizziness the first few mornings."

Judy X January 12, 2015

For Fibromyalgia "Did not work only gained weight"

Danvic (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 24, 2014

For Neuropathic Pain "I've tried other things for pain. Already take a strong pain medicine, which is getting harder and harder to get, because in my State, one must go to a pain clinic to get it. Pain clinics are horrors. Lyrica seems to work with the amount of pain medicine that I take and seems to have even reduced the "break through" pain. No unpleasant symptoms yet."

DelFuego November 19, 2014