User Reviews for Oxybutynin

Also known as: Anturol, Ditropan, Ditropan XL, Gelnique, Oxytrol, Oxytrol for Women, Urotrol

Learn more about Oxybutynin.

Oxybutynin review summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 8 medications used in the treatment of Hyperhidrosis.

Reviews for Oxybutynin to treat Hyperhidrosis

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

I was a social leper, suffering with a most severe bout of hyperhydrosis; Oxybutynin prolonged-release tablets have totally transformed my life.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 9, 2014 8:15 AM

Review by Steppiemum:

I've been on 10 mg ER for 2 weeks. It is a MIRACLE! I've had super sweats for 14 years of misery due to autoimmune disorders. I am now pinching myself because I went to a new dermatologist who prescribed this. Now, I get to live a normal life!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 27, 2014 11:17 PM

Review by MISS MOPPET (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have been on Oxybutynin for hyperdydrosis since September of 2013. It has changed my life. I went to Mexico this past December and was amazed at how much less was sweating I had. Prior, I was becoming a recluse as it was so embarrassing to go out in public. My air conditioner ran non-stop all summer! Every now and then I "break" out in a sweat, but it is mild and not a big deal. The one side effect I have with it, is that `after taking 2 x 5mg a day I get extremely tired and feel kind of like I am "out of it". I now take it at bedtime, as it actually helps me fall asleep quicker (I had terrible insomnia as well). Mouth is very dry, but it has forced me to increase my water intake, which is good anyway. This is such a relief!

January 16, 2014 12:32 PM

Review by sweaty and cant stand it (taken for less than 1 month):

I just got put on this at a 5 mg 3x a day and today was my first dose I pray this is the answer cause feeling sweaty and there's nothing you can do to stop makes me feel nasty I cant even stand for my Husband to hug or touch me and god forbid I go into a public place it's embarrassing I read the success stories and I hope it works for me like them ! Thank you all for your input

October 31, 2013 6:15 PM

Review by noheat:

I started using this on September 2010, and it has been the solution I thought I'd never find. Over sweating even during winter, was such a embarrassing thing in public situations, sweaty palms, on my face and on other areas of my body. Yes, there are side effects, it makes my mouth and other areas including my skin very dry. I increase my liquid intake, and chew a gum now and then to counteract the total dryness. Along with using a regular lotion like cocoa butter before bed. It also causes a bit of dizziness and zombie like feeling which taking a 2x 5mg begins about an hour after. To overcome this I just time it into my schedule where I don't anticipate doing anything of significant or demanding. This will probably sound strange to someone who does not suffer from over sweating, but for those that do, it is a worthy sacrifice.

March 25, 2011 6:16 PM

I have been on this medication for about a month and I am so thankful for it! I am on another medication that causes me to sweat excessively; so bad that it was interfering with my daily life. My doctor wrote me a script for oxybutynin 5mg and it has worked so great to help me not sweat so much. I don't have bladder issues, but its great for people who have major sweating problems!

July 24, 2010 9:54 PM