User Reviews for Oxybutynin

Also known as: Anturol, Ditropan, Ditropan XL, Gelnique, Oxytrol, Oxytrol for Women, Urotrol

Learn more about Oxybutynin.

Oxybutynin Review Summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 8 medications used in the treatment of Hyperhidrosis.

Reviews for Oxybutynin to treat Hyperhidrosis

"On it for almost 2 weeks. First week tried 15mg (2 at night and 1 around 2pm). Had huge improvement on head sweats by the end of the week 7/10, feet was a bit better 4/10 although noticed was getting drowsy / lowering of my heart rate during the day. Opted to do just 10mg (2 at night) and side effects much better and sweating issue still getting better. Feet still a bit warm although not the dripping mess they were. Social and professional impact 10/10 so is looking like a definite alternative to the ETS knife. Hoping feet will improve over the coming weeks!"

DonnyDarco July 26, 2015

"I have been on the medication for nearly ten years and it has changed my life! However if I miss a dose the sweating comes back. I take two a night because it makes me extremely drowsy. Another side effect I have noticed is that it can make me feel anxious. But overall its the only thing that controls my hands and feet from sweating!"

Jesshappy June 23, 2015

"I still sweat more than the average person but it is decreased enough soo can wear normal clothing and not sweat through them everyday"

Alexb27 June 17, 2015

"This medicine just changed my life. I had excessive sweating all over my body specially my face, underarms, and hands. It was interfering with my social life and affecting my job/ career. I developed an anxiety from my sweating and I lost hope because I tried everything until I was prescribed this medicine. Its a miracle. I got my life back. Thanks God"

Peter Mark June 5, 2015

"I first noticed my excessive sweating in high school, and it was mainly triggered by social anxiety, but even the most minimal amounts of exercise (walking home from the bus stop after school) would leave me sweating more than most. It wasn't until this year that I started on this medication, and so far it been amazing, I no longer worry about patches under my arms or between my thighs, I don't have to wipe my hands on my pants before shaking someones hands, and I can do more in terms of movement before I start sweating. Side effects I've noticed are that my face goes red when I move a little more than normal- although that's mainly due to my level of fitness, and a dry mouth. It really has worked and I'm so glad to have found a solution!"

oxybutynin supporter (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2015

"So far only been on oxybutynin for a week no signs of sweating stopping as yet, I got put on 2.5mg for 2 days b4 bed, then 5mg for 2 days now I'm on 7.5mg, I'll go up to 10 mg tomorrow and leave it there hopefully it'll soon work, I do have dry mouth, that's it at moment, I've suffered with sweating 20 yrs, I've had my family etc,as I'm getting older the sweating is knocking my confidence as my face drips n my hair does, sweating is all over but I find it more embarrassing when it's my face and hair ,plus in winter I dress like it's summer I'd rather freeze than sweat but as soon as come in from the outside I sweat bad, I've just set up working for myself n couple my customers have asked if I'm ok because of the sweat I felt ashamed."

sallyjburton (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2015

"I actually had the ETS surgery done about 12 years ago and everything was fine UNTIL I started sweating all over my chair, back, legs and inner thighs. It's soooo embarrassing living in FL dealing with this. It caused me to stop wearing any light color clothing (which I loved). As soon as I took my first half of the 5mg I noticed a relief. I did sweat a little being outside, however I was not drenched. I took to other half before bedtime (as directed) and only side effect I am noticing is the dry lips and mouth. But so worth it. I sure hope and pray that this is my lifelong solution!"

Sweaty Bettyy March 31, 2015

"I have suffered with severe hyperhidrosis (palmar, plantar, and axillary) since birth and was diagnosed at a very young age when I broke out with a heat rash all over my hands and feet. Thankfully, I have outgrew the rashes but unfortunately not the sweat. I have tried Drysol, Iontophoresis, Botox injections, Glycopyrrolate, and Oxybutynin (as well as extended release versions of the last two medications). I feel safe to say that two 5mg tabs of Oxybutynin at nighttime has worked best for me. I have been taking Oxybutynin since 2005--nearly 10 years now and it still is holding up pretty well. Side effects that I experience: dehydration, dizziness and weakness."

mlouwho (taken for 10 years or more) October 28, 2014

"I was a social leper, suffering with a most severe bout of hyperhydrosis; Oxybutynin prolonged-release tablets have totally transformed my life."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 9, 2014

"I've been on 10 mg ER for 2 weeks. It is a MIRACLE! I've had super sweats for 14 years of misery due to autoimmune disorders. I am now pinching myself because I went to a new dermatologist who prescribed this. Now, I get to live a normal life!"

Steppiemum August 27, 2014

"I have been on Oxybutynin for hyperdydrosis since September of 2013. It has changed my life. I went to Mexico this past December and was amazed at how much less was sweating I had. Prior, I was becoming a recluse as it was so embarrassing to go out in public. My air conditioner ran non-stop all summer! Every now and then I "break" out in a sweat, but it is mild and not a big deal. The one side effect I have with it, is that `after taking 2 x 5mg a day I get extremely tired and feel kind of like I am "out of it". I now take it at bedtime, as it actually helps me fall asleep quicker (I had terrible insomnia as well). Mouth is very dry, but it has forced me to increase my water intake, which is good anyway. This is such a relief!"

MISS MOPPET (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2014

"I just got put on this at a 5 mg 3x a day and today was my first dose I pray this is the answer cause feeling sweaty and there's nothing you can do to stop makes me feel nasty I cant even stand for my Husband to hug or touch me and god forbid I go into a public place it's embarrassing I read the success stories and I hope it works for me like them ! Thank you all for your input"

sweaty and cant stand it (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2013

"I started using this on September 2010, and it has been the solution I thought I'd never find. Over sweating even during winter, was such a embarrassing thing in public situations, sweaty palms, on my face and on other areas of my body. Yes, there are side effects, it makes my mouth and other areas including my skin very dry. I increase my liquid intake, and chew a gum now and then to counteract the total dryness. Along with using a regular lotion like cocoa butter before bed. It also causes a bit of dizziness and zombie like feeling which taking a 2x 5mg begins about an hour after. To overcome this I just time it into my schedule where I don't anticipate doing anything of significant or demanding. This will probably sound strange to someone who does not suffer from over sweating, but for those that do, it is a worthy sacrifice."

noheat March 25, 2011

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been on this medication for about a month and I am so thankful for it! I am on another medication that causes me to sweat excessively; so bad that it was interfering with my daily life. My doctor wrote me a script for oxybutynin 5mg and it has worked so great to help me not sweat so much. I don't have bladder issues, but its great for people who have major sweating problems!"

Anonymous July 24, 2010

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Hyperhidrosis