User Reviews for Estradiol

Also known as: Adgyn Estro, Aerodiol, Alora, Bedol, Climara, Climaval, Climodien, Clinagen LA 40, Delestrogen, Delidose, Dep Gynogen, Depo-Estradiol, Depogen, Dermestril, Dermestril Septem, Dioval 40, Dioval XX, Divigel, Dura-Estrin, Duragen, Elestrin, Elleste Solo, Esclim, Estra-C, Estra-V 40, Estrace, Estraderm, Estradiol G GAM, Estradiol Patch, Estradot, Estradot 100, Estradot 37.5, Estradot 50, Estradot 75, Estragyn LA 5, Estrapatch, Estrasorb, Estreva, Estro-Cyp, Estro-LA, Estro-Span 40, Estrofem, Estrogel, Estrogen Patches, Evamist, Evorel, Fematrix, Fempatch, Femring, Femsept, FemSeven, FemSeven Sequi Phase I, FemTab, Femtrace, Femtran, Gynodiol, Gynogen LA 20, Medidiol 10, Menaval-20, Menorest, Menorest Patch, Menostar, Minivelle, Nuvelle TS Phase I, Oesclim, Oestradiol Implants, Oestrodose, Oestrogel, Oestrogel Pump-Pack, Organon Oestradiol, Oromone, Primogyn Depot, Progynova, Progynova TS, Provames, Sandrena, Systen, Thais, Thaissept, Valergen, Vivelle, Vivelle-Dot, Zumenon

Learn more about Estradiol.

Atrophic Vaginitis 2 reviews 90 medications

Prostate Cancer 0 reviews 92 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Estradiol reviews 77 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Estradiol

Review by Super Kay: User Rating:

estradiol for Postmenopausal Symptoms: Started experiencing menopausal symptoms 5 years ago. The night sweats and moodiness being the worst, no sleep and then tired during day. The doctor put me on the lowest dose of Vivelle dot and compounded bio-identical progesterone, finally I had restorative sleep again. I also had normal bone density again. After 2 years, I was having more hot flashes, enough to disrupt my day, so doc bumped me up to next dosage on Vivelle dot. I would give estradiol a 10, but I keep paying more in co-pays each year.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 30, 2014 2:35 AM
Review by joann7283:

Minivelle (estradiol): I'm sure this works like Vivelle I have been using before. My pharmacy decided to fill my Vivelle with Minivelle but back it went! I only used a few out of the box & immediately called them for my original. The Minivelle does not stick as well, hold up to showers, hot tubs or exercise. I find them stuck in my clothes. At that price I don%u2019t want to waste them. But the biggest thing I hate about it is the LOGO on the patch. I don%u2019t need nor want a LOGO. The Vivelle was clear & stayed on. Minivelle is gray & obvious. What%u2019s the use of being smaller if it%u2019s more obvious & falls off. Back it went!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 18, 2014 1:08 AM
Review by Dish79: User Rating:

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: Insomnia, night sweats, moody, uncontrollable crying in the bosses office! I tried so hard and so long to do nothing and let it runs it's natural course. If I didn't work and could take naps, I'd still suffer and deal with it. Not the case. Have to be on my toes at work. Quality of life was bad. Climara saved my life. It was a tough decision but I tell you, it works. I feel human again!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 29, 2014 2:22 PM
Review by Susan Grady: User Rating:

Minivelle (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: Gained weight and joint pain

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 28, 2014 2:20 AM
Review by BPS (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

estradiol for Oophorectomy: Started Estradiol the day after complete hysterectomy and removal of both ovaries. Haven't had a symptom of menopause.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 9, 2013 12:32 AM
Review by AngusMom (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: I have been experiencing hot flashes for 3 years but could take it no more. I finally caved and asked for the hormones ! My Dr. prescribed the Vivelle Dot at .05 and 3 weeks later I called and asked when I could expect some relief from these awful hot flashes. It had cured my sleeping issues and my sex drive came roaring back, and my dry skin improved, but nothing in the hot flash dept. It was increased to .075 and still no relief from these massive melt downs. I am getting very upset that I can get no relief and can't wait to see my Dr. again next month. I hate to have another increase but wondering if it will finally help !

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 31, 2013 6:31 PM
Review by FLKat (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

estradiol for Postmenopausal Symptoms: Estradiol oral 5mg is the best decision I could have made. It was with much consideration due to all the bad press for hormone replacement in the past decade. I work full time, have a home and a life, I had to find something, nothing "natural or organic" was working. I started suffering night sweats 5 years ago, daytime hot flashes began 3 years ago. I was not sleeping through the night, tossing off the covers then putting them back on. I was exhausted, moody, and snarky. Within a month of starting Estradiol, I was sleeping soundly, the hot flashes were manageable, and not nearly as frequent. I'll use it for a year as prescribed and then take guidance from my doctor, but I truly am a new person.

October 24, 2013 7:49 PM
Review by smb0808: User Rating:

Femtrace (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: At the age of 28 I had a hysterectomy. After years of taking different kind of hormones my doctor gave me Femtrace. In January 2013 I was told they quit making it. I have tried several other medications but nothing works like Femtrace. I have put on 14 pounds, have severe hot flashes, mood swings, joint pain and do not want to do anything at all. Just do not know what to do.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 16, 2013 10:44 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Evamist (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: Evamist does work for me but I would suggest that you prime the spray before ever leaving the pharmacy. I recently picked one up from a pharmacy only to find out later that it wouldn't spray. I called the pharmacy & was basically told that it was not their problem, I would have to contact the manufacturer. Of course they won't refill it again because I just refilled it. Needless to say, it's very aggravating. Besides that, it's expensive.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 3, 2013 9:24 AM
Review by Suz50: User Rating:

Evamist (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: Have been on it for 2 months, was getting hot flashed all day long. Night sweats even worse. With days after starting the medicine, they pretty much stopped! No more on and off with my fan- sleeping through the night! And now, I ran out and haven't had it in 5 days (need to call for a refill prescription) and its all BACK. Covers off and on all night long. This REALLY works for hot flashes!

August 19, 2013 9:20 AM
Review by Post Hysterectomy (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Femring (estradiol): I have been on this medicine since 1998 and as long I as I replace it on time, there are no issues. Even at 53 if it is not replaced on time, I start getting agitated and hot flashes start in. I always joke that it is not for my benefit that I take this, but it is for the benefit of those that are around me that I do. My only gripe is the outrageous expense.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 18, 2013 3:56 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Minivelle (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: It has been 5 days into my dose of Minivelle. My hot flashes reduced drastically, however, the very next day I developed severe arthritis in my knees. It took me until today to realize this could be a side effect. After reading- it is. I have discontinued the patch and hopefully my knees will get better.

August 11, 2013 7:41 PM
Review by popatya (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Estradot 50 (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: I started this medication and within 2 weeks my life changed, just feel so good, feel like 13 again, no hot flashes, my appetite returned back, my hair texture feels good, it's all good, heaven sent, amazing, highly recommend, just worried about long term use.

July 22, 2013 2:29 PM
Review by caligirl52 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Minivelle (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: I have had a great experience with the Minivelle patch. I was suffering with many, many, hot flashes a day and night sweats that left me drenched! I am down to a handful of flashes a day and the night sweats are gone!

July 15, 2013 6:27 PM
Review by CookieGlory: User Rating:

estradiol for Postmenopausal Symptoms: Slept the whole night.....first time in years.

July 13, 2013 12:07 PM
Review by LAG85 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Elestrin (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: Elestrin has given me my life back! Give it some time to get in your system and work and you will be so glad that you did!! I can't imagine life without Elestrin!

June 9, 2013 12:20 PM
Review by Happy Hormones (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: Was on Vivelle 0.05 plus Prometrium for 4.5 years; felt great. Stopped for 1 year because I worried that being on HRT for 14 years (Prempro for 10 yrs.) total was risky & maybe I was now "beyond" the hot flashes, etc. Well...I felt lousy the entire time I was without HRT (1 year)..hot flashes, sleepless nights, brain fog, etc. Now I'm back on Vivelle Dot & Prometrium...feeling so much better! I don't think I'll ever give up this. Plus the estrogen helps my osteoporosis & vaginal dryness.

April 2, 2013 1:59 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

estradiol for Oophorectomy: I've been using Vivelle Dot 1.0, and other forms of estrogen replacement, since my ovaries were removed six years ago. The patch is very convenient and works well to manage my menopause symptoms. While using estrogen my lipids stay normal, my skin isn't as dry or thin, I can sleep well with the addition of some progesterone and I have a much nicer mood. I need to add vaginal estrogen to avoid vaginal atrophy. I cover the patch with a waterproof skin cover to keep it attached better and avoid the black glue residue. After doing much research I have determined estrogen is safe for me in fact important to my overall health particularly my bone health. I intend to continue to use estrogen for many years to come to maintain my good health.

February 22, 2013 11:05 AM
Review by goddessalso (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol) for Oophorectomy: I had ovarian cancer and had an oopherectomy, my oncologist wanted me to use this drug for at least 10 years, started with higher dose and have gone down to 0.05, have tried dropping it to 0.025, but noticed I was having the hot flashes and lack of sleep at night, gone back to the 0.05 and enjoy it so much more, although I am now going on my 12th year of taking it. Trying to wean off of it but without the ovaries it is hard. Love this patch!!

January 19, 2013 12:35 AM
Review by shdl: User Rating:

Femring (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: I just got my second dose of Femring. So far I have not had any problems or issue. I like it because it keep me from getting dry and my estrogen level up.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 2, 2013 10:20 PM
Review by aquagrl (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

estradiol for Postmenopausal Symptoms: symptoms of vertigo, balance issues, discharge, loss of appetite. Really scary vertigo side effects, severe headache on the left side of my head.

November 12, 2012 9:50 PM
Review by txtalk: User Rating:

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: I had a total hysterectomy and experienced terrible hot flashes. I began with a dosage of .05 but the hot flashes continued, although less severe. My doctor changed the dosage to .1 and the hot flashes are a thing of the past. I've only been on this medication for 3 months but haven't experienced any side effects so far.

October 14, 2012 2:36 AM
Review by dawnchristine71 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Divigel (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: After a surgically induced menopause, the onset on hot flashes and night sweats was so fierce asked my nurse practitioner what works. She mentioned Divigel. I started on the lowest dose and actually felt like myself again within one week of use. Keeping in mind you want to stay on the lowest dose possible, she reminded me that this is to cut down only on the severity of those hot flashes, not get rid of them entirely. I am so happy on this HRT. Just apply to your upper thigh once daily and that's it!

August 15, 2012 8:24 PM
Review by lael1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Elestrin (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: I really like Elestrin. I used bio-identical hormone treatment for many years but tried this for a number of reasons. My thinking cleared up which is way more important than hot flash relief! I do have the side effect of developing "freckles," but I had those already so they just blend in.

July 10, 2012 2:49 PM
Review by Well Rested & Content (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol) for Primary Ovarian Failure: I am in my early forties and menopause hit me at an early age. I struggled with whether or not I should go on HRT due to the risks. With that said, the symptoms were creating shear havoc in my life (severe hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia and decreased libido-my poor husband). I am happy to say that after my first application, I slept through the night for the first time in two years! My hot flashes have decreased and I don't have that foggy feeling in my head. I am on Vivelle dot and a progesterone regimen. (light doses). I began Vivelle dot two weeks ago and would highly recommend it.

June 28, 2012 9:05 PM