User Reviews for Estradiol

Also known as: Adgyn Estro, Aerodiol, Alora, Bedol, Climara, Climaval, Climodien, Clinagen LA 40, Delestrogen, Delidose, Dep Gynogen, Depo-Estradiol, Depogen, Dermestril, Dermestril Septem, ...show all 83 brand names

Learn more about Estradiol.

Gender Dysphoria 2 reviews 0 medications

Oophorectomy 11 reviews 34 medications

7.8
Summary of Estradiol reviews 114 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Estradiol

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Seemed to work overnight. Instant relief from mood swings, night sweats. Am using it in conjunction with progesterone at night. Sleep better and don't feel discontent with everything."

Paigepoo1 January 14, 2016

For Oophorectomy: "The Vivelle Dot worked beautifully. My insurance company switched me to Sandoz generic and the adhesive is awful. This brand leaves adhesive on everything - me, my underwear, my clothes. This is when it sticks properly."

JFLS (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 11, 2016

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Oophorectomy: "After using Vivelle patch for a number of years following a complete hysterectomy, my insurance company refused to pay for it at the same level due to the Mylan generic. Within a few weeks of switching to the generic, I began to develop adverse symptoms (insomnia, breathing difficulties, anxiety, constant headache). When I made the connection and switched back to Vivelle, the symptoms subsided. Unfortunately, my insurance company refuses to pay for the brand name at the same level, but this is not the same drug. Now instead of paying $40 for a 3-month supply, my cost is over $150 to obtain the brand name product."

Roselake (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I am 52 and started having very bad hot flashes and night sweats six months ago. Up until then I was still getting a regular period. I still have all original parts (ie: ovaries and uterus) I went on the Sandoz generic estradiol patch 1 1/2 weeks ago. My hot flashes are down to near nothing. I will continue this regimen for as long as my doctor says. She mentioned me also using a progesterone in the future as well. I would recommend this to any women. It's about quality of our lives. :)"

Alisacw January 1, 2016

Femring (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I just started using Fem Ring, after having tried expensive patches that irriatated my skin, messy compounded creams, and drops. I already have a yeast infection, which never happens, plus low back and abdominal pain. Outrageous in this day and age, that no enterprising pharma can come up with an estradiol without such hassles. My body does not like this ring - it is quite hard, large, and terribly uncomfortable, paid $100 for it, WITH insurance. Estradiol acetate, which is the kind of estradiol provided in this ring, has to pass through the liver, which is an inefficient way for the body to absorb. I expected better from Warner Chilcott. I am returning to my compounded drops, one drop on the pulse, twice daily, $25 for a two month supply."

Sushid (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2015

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Very bad nasal congestion and phlegm. Ears unplugged. Cough."

Jam52461 November 9, 2015

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Worked wonderful for my mood swings, hot flashes, night sweats and sleepless nights. Used it for 4 years. Now I have been off for 2 months and can't stand the reappearance of all those nasty menopausal symptoms. I may have to go back on it."

Hot and sweaty (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 8, 2015

Femring (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "This is the only product that works for me. The patent expires in December, 2015. I hope it gets cheaper!"

Hagitha November 2, 2015

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "It seemed to work just over night. I put the patch on at nighttime and have not had any major "hot flashes" since. Is this too good to be true? I shall see in a month or 2. It stays on just fine if you follow the directions. So far so good. I feel calmer and not irritated like I did when I was sweating like a race horse!"

ReenT October 30, 2015

Estradot 50 (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Absolutely a life saver! No more screaming at hubby for no reason, no more night sweats, no more anxiety! Wish I was on it years ago! I can sleep! Try it seriously it works wonders."

50 year old October 28, 2015

Minivelle (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have a hysterectomy 6 weeks ago. For the first two weeks I was on estrodiL pill 1mg. It was horrible, I cried everyday, was depressed, didn't eat, and didn't feel like me at all I felt like a zombie. I wasn't sleeping and had heart palpitations with hot flushes. My Dr switched me to the patch and I change it twice a week. The patch and pill are like night and night for me. I now feel like myself again and also finally get to sleep. I haven't really had any side effects except for a few headaches the first week. I will stay on this as long as I possibly can. It's working well for me. The pharmacy at first gave me the 15.00 generic patch but I returned it for the minivelle name brand and pay 45."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2015

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol) for Primary Ovarian Failure: "Had preovarian failure at 30. Started on vivell dot and prometrium at age 38. Am now 60 and I will never come off. No side effects. I also added testosterone supplement injection and I am a new person. All this helps with mental stability and weight control and energy."

Isotope October 24, 2015

For Oophorectomy: "Here's what I had done when I was 38 years old, , a surgeon removed my ovaries and fallopian tubes, this is called a bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy, or BSO. (Together with a total abdominal hysterectomy this is referred to as a TAH/BSO). He left me with a gash about 8 inches long and told me I'd be on HRT the rest of my life, but I would be fine. The one thing I know for sure is I CAN NOT be without medication, believe me I have tried and the results are unbearable hot flashes, insomnia, mild headaches and the list is long. Started on oral HRT and eventually switched to a patch. The only patch that I have been successful with is the Mylan patch. I use 0.05mg/day and if I am consistent it works well. I am 63 so thats 25 years on HRT."

Biking mom (taken for 10 years or more) October 24, 2015

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "In short, upon having my name brand hormone patch replaced by this awful generic, I basically had my estrogen level drop to almost nothing in less than four months. The patch didn't stick, it kept coming off, I started experiencing all post menopausal symptoms to the extreme. I didn't know what was going on at first.This generic will not do the job. I can't believe the FDA approved this generic medication! It has been the worse 6 months of my life! Since going back on the named brand, after just one month, my estrogen level is increasing and all menopausal symptoms are starting to go away. To anyone considering the money saving is cashing in their own sanity, it's not worth it! I'd give it 0, but that's not an option."

spunky chic September 11, 2015

Evamist (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I started using Eva Mist after a hysterectomy. I saw results after a week of using one spray each morning. No more hot flashes, the night sweats are minimal, the vaginal dryness is much butter and the mood swings are improved. I'm no longer suffer from insomnia. After about a year some of my symptoms started to recur so my Dr increased my dosage to 2 sprays each morning . I was worrred about taking a HRT but my Doctor evaluates my contined use and I keep up on my yearly well woman exam. The benefit from such a small dose have been amazing."

Mz Clay (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 1, 2015

For Gender Dysphoria: "so i started transitioning at 18 and after a lot of research i settled on premarin as its the closest to organic estrogen. after 2 years on that i gained too much weight for myself to continue without risking blood clots or a stroke. mydoctor said "yyou're switching to estradiol" i was like ok. after maybe 3 weeks when my sex drive came back and my weight went wayy down i knew i had made a grave mistake years ago. this may be synthetic but its most customly fit for humans. then i started developing again. this med has changed my life for the better"

Delila the Rav3n (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 31, 2015

Estradot 50 (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have tried all the sequi and Conti HRT tablets and the best was Femoston Conti which I was on for a year before it started giving me bad side effects such as painful breasts and mood swings. Now on Estradot 50 patch with Utrogestan capsules 200 per day for 2 weeks of cycle. Feel fantastic and know I will be on these for a long time. I am 54."

Noopthecat August 16, 2015

Estraderm (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "This caused severe headaches sore breast and emotional outbursts. Rather have flushes"

Lealeaaaaa (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2015

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Cannot get it to stay on. Don't know why anyone would recommend it. Went thru 3 patches in 3 days because they do not stick, wouldn't even stay on with waterproof tape over it. Insurance won't pay for another box of 4 which should last a month."

SRenaeM July 26, 2015

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Cannot use this product, 30 lb weight gain and severe hair loss."

Drenchy July 26, 2015

Minivelle (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "It took about 5 weeks to start working completely. My gynecologist told me to not give up. After 3 weeks I was still getting hot flashes daily. I continued as prescribed and Zero hot flashes!! No side effects. One year using"

Mauta (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 23, 2015

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "This refers to the Mylan estradiol twice weekly patches. After 16 comfortable years using Vivelle Dot estradiol patches, I was supplied by Express Scripts with the new, supposedly "generic" Mylan estradiol transdermal dot patches in the same strength, 0.025 mg. During the 4 1/2 weeks I used the Mylan product, I developed hot flashes, night sweats, brain fog and urinary tract infections. I could not understand what was wrong until I recalled that my symptoms began when I started the Mylan product. I found out that Vivelle Dots are still under patent. Mylan patented its own competing transdermal patch in order not to infringe the Novertis patent. It is NOT the same product. A return to Vivelle Dots solved my problem."

NJ Grandma (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2015

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "100mg patch Estradot- applied twice weekly. Keeps me sane ,and virtually anxiety free. The adhesive on this brand does nt make welts on my skin Only drawback is removing the Glue Spots.:-) When using Hot Spas or I need to apply creams to dry skin, I use an Estrogel sachet .this allows the freshly applied patch to catch up. Absolutely satisfied & happy with this medication. ** on PBS IN Australlia. Lowest dose Venlafaxine added when family drama hit me like a bolt."

Pipsy (taken for 10 years or more) May 31, 2015

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "What a God send! After menopause at 50 I first thought "yes! no more periods" then the fun started, night sweats, hot flashes at the worst times like during business meetings, my Dr. started me on the patch .50 and within 2 days it was like a miracle - I could sleep without a towel on my pillow and the hot flashes disappeared. After a year he dropped the dose to .375 and it's still working. If you are having to fight the sweats and flashes - talk to your Dr. This stuff works!"

Happy - not sweating! (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 20, 2015

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Brilliant ,was having low mood,terrible hot flashes where i didnt want to venture out the door!!!by fights with hubby! mood has improved hope to keep on this long term. I had hysterectomy at 41 refused to take because of cancer risk, at first,but my symptoms were awful so I decided the benefits outweigh the risks."

tania1967 May 6, 2015