User Reviews for Estradiol

Also known as: Adgyn Estro, Aerodiol, Alora, Bedol, Climara, Climaval, Climodien, Clinagen LA 40, Delestrogen, Delidose, Dep Gynogen, Depo-Estradiol, Depogen, Dermestril, Dermestril Septem, ...show all 83 brand names

Learn more about Estradiol.

Gender Dysphoria 2 reviews 0 medications

Hypoestrogenism 5 reviews 36 medications

6.6
Summary of Estradiol reviews 127 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Estradiol

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Hypoestrogenism: "I used the patch for night time hot flashes that wake me up every 2-3hrs. The size was great, and it stuck just fine. That's where the happy union ended. By the second day the hot flashes seemed to triple, occurring all day and all night. And the flashes were hotter! I also began to have terrible headaches that woke me up earlier than my alarm clock and hung around all day. I never have headaches so I removed the patch after only 4 days and the symptoms all went away. Now I'm back to square one better able to deal with my original symptoms knowing things could be worse. I'm going to give the name brand Vivelle dot a try and see what happens."

50yr old with Hysterectomy (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2016

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Climara Pro Estradiol Patch has reduced my hot flashes by 99%. The once a week patch takes a good three to four weeks to work. You will not find relief quickly, but once it kicks in, no hot flashes. This drug is very expensive, over $100 per month, but if you can afford it, I highly recommend it. Wipe your skin with alcohol, let dry, then apply patch--sticks better."

Elise2016 May 9, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I had a full hysterectomy years ago, leaving one ovary. About a year ago I started having hot flashes, hair loss, feeling tired, etc. I went to my doctors and they ran blood work. We found out I had an underactive tyroid and was going through peri-menapause. I got on medication for my tyroid, but nothing for menapause. After a year of hot flashes and feeling like crap I went to my OBGYN yesterday. He gave me Estradiol 1mg. You have to take this with food so we went to lunch after lunch about 11:30am I took my first pill, ever. Last night I only turned the fan on once when it had been on full blast everynight for almost a year. Today, I've taken my 2nd pill ever and I haven't had not one hot flash and I feel a little more alert..."

Feelnsexi49 (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2016

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I've only been using the .025 patch since yesterday. I have not noticed any decrease in hot flashes yet. However, I am looking forward to giving the patch a try. But, I noticed this morning that I have an allergic reaction to the adhesive. I don't want to remove it but don't want to continue to irritate my skin."

2youngforthis April 29, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "It didn't help with my hot flashes. I started experiencing a warm sensation, like I stood next to a heater, on my lower left outside calf all day everyday. I am getting a pain in my left arm. Dizziness and heart palpitations."

TerriBlueberry April 17, 2016

Femring (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: ""My body does not like this ring - it is quite hard, large, and terribly uncomfortable, paid $100 for it, WITH insurance. Estradiol acetate, which is the kind of estradiol provided in this ring, has to pass through the liver, which is an inefficient way for the body to absorb." In reference to the second reviewer, Femring is a transdermal estrogen and it does not have first pass metabolism through the liver. Only oral estrogens do that. It also is not hard and if placed at the top of a normal vagina (which expands - a hysterectomy cut vagina does not do as well), you won't know it is there. I have personally used this for over 10 years and have prescribed it to 100s of patients. Over 90% loved it - except for the cost."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) March 24, 2016

Divigel (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I used Divigel for a few weeks. I've been having pre menopause symptoms. I had a hysterectomy but still have my ovaries. During this time I started having severe stomach pains and my ovaries hurt. The doctor performed a ultrasound. I couldn't believe the pain. The doctor told me that I may need my ovaries removed. I decided to stop using Divigel and the pain stopped. I wouldn't recommend this medication."

Beccalou05 (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "When I first started taking estradiol I was having allot of issues with hair loss, hot flashes, moodiness, vaginal dryness and bladder leakage. In short, all of the nasty side affects of menopause from my total hysterictamy. After a short time on HRT, I've noticed an improvement of all the symptoms. I normally hate taking pills and it's hard for me to stay on a regimented course of pill taking. But the positives far outweigh the negatives in this, so I have been faithful in taking my little blue pill daily. HRT isn't for everyone, but it seems to be working for me."

Fabrin March 15, 2016

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "This patch had to be designed by a man. What woman would design a patch the size of a softball? I had to duck tape it on in order for it to stay on, it is not flexible ( it would not even bend in half) and what woman wants to have a big round patch showing through her clothes? You can't swim with it on or even shower because it will come off. It is hideous and degrading. Why should a woman have to be punished for something that is beyond their control? I can not say if it works or not, due to the fact that I could never get it to stay on. I took one to my doctor and asked her how I was suppose to keep it on. She was shocked at what it looked liked and put me on the pill due to the Insurance Company."

Wagon February 26, 2016

Femring (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Great experience with Femring and it's the only hormone replacement that works for me. Wishing it was not so expensive."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 20, 2016

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "this medication saved my life...I actually like the mylan better than the vivelle as far as the way I feel, the vivelle caused sinus problems and gassy bloat, the mylan product did not for me, however the mylan product doesn't stick as well or last as long....OVERALL: I love estrogen replacement and it is a TRAGEDY that women are suffering and their docs are not offering HRT when it is now proven that HRT prolongs life and has a protective influence on heart, bones and brain. I want to tell every woman out there do not be a hero, do not suffer, and do not be afraid. estrogen is good for you and can give you your life back. why do none of the women I talk to know this? crime!!"

loribean February 19, 2016

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have been on the estradiol patch (Vivelle) for three weeks and I feel like a new woman! Gone are the hot flashes, night sweats and brain fog. Hello energy I've missed you immensely! I also take 100 mg progesterone at bedtime. This combo is a game changer! Just wondering why I didn't pursue it sooner."

nwilling February 16, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Seemed to work overnight. Instant relief from mood swings, night sweats. Am using it in conjunction with progesterone at night. Sleep better and don't feel discontent with everything."

Paigepoo1 January 14, 2016

Femring (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "For the first 3 months things were great. On my second Femring I began to get a rash on my forehead and neck. My neck was especially red, itchy and dry. At first I thought it might be due to something else. Perhaps Eczema or psoriasis, so I was buying all kinds of creams and nothing worked. So I double checked my only prescription which is the femring and low and behold one of the possible side effects is a skin rash. It's too soon to know for sure. I hope it goes away."

Don't rash me (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2016

For Oophorectomy: "The Vivelle Dot worked beautifully. My insurance company switched me to Sandoz generic and the adhesive is awful. This brand leaves adhesive on everything - me, my underwear, my clothes. This is when it sticks properly."

JFLS (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 11, 2016

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Oophorectomy: "After using Vivelle patch for a number of years following a complete hysterectomy, my insurance company refused to pay for it at the same level due to the Mylan generic. Within a few weeks of switching to the generic, I began to develop adverse symptoms (insomnia, breathing difficulties, anxiety, constant headache). When I made the connection and switched back to Vivelle, the symptoms subsided. Unfortunately, my insurance company refuses to pay for the brand name at the same level, but this is not the same drug. Now instead of paying $40 for a 3-month supply, my cost is over $150 to obtain the brand name product."

Roselake (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I am 52 and started having very bad hot flashes and night sweats six months ago. Up until then I was still getting a regular period. I still have all original parts (ie: ovaries and uterus) I went on the Sandoz generic estradiol patch 1 1/2 weeks ago. My hot flashes are down to near nothing. I will continue this regimen for as long as my doctor says. She mentioned me also using a progesterone in the future as well. I would recommend this to any women. It's about quality of our lives. :)"

Alisacw January 1, 2016

Femring (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I just started using Fem Ring, after having tried expensive patches that irriatated my skin, messy compounded creams, and drops. I already have a yeast infection, which never happens, plus low back and abdominal pain. Outrageous in this day and age, that no enterprising pharma can come up with an estradiol without such hassles. My body does not like this ring - it is quite hard, large, and terribly uncomfortable, paid $100 for it, WITH insurance. Estradiol acetate, which is the kind of estradiol provided in this ring, has to pass through the liver, which is an inefficient way for the body to absorb. I expected better from Warner Chilcott. I am returning to my compounded drops, one drop on the pulse, twice daily, $25 for a two month supply."

Sushid (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2015

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Very bad nasal congestion and phlegm. Ears unplugged. Cough."

Jam52461 November 9, 2015

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Worked wonderful for my mood swings, hot flashes, night sweats and sleepless nights. Used it for 4 years. Now I have been off for 2 months and can't stand the reappearance of all those nasty menopausal symptoms. I may have to go back on it."

Hot and sweaty (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 8, 2015

Femring (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "This is the only product that works for me. The patent expires in December, 2015. I hope it gets cheaper!"

Hagitha November 2, 2015

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "It seemed to work just over night. I put the patch on at nighttime and have not had any major "hot flashes" since. Is this too good to be true? I shall see in a month or 2. It stays on just fine if you follow the directions. So far so good. I feel calmer and not irritated like I did when I was sweating like a race horse!"

ReenT October 30, 2015

Estradot 50 (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Absolutely a life saver! No more screaming at hubby for no reason, no more night sweats, no more anxiety! Wish I was on it years ago! I can sleep! Try it seriously it works wonders."

50 year old October 28, 2015

Minivelle (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have a hysterectomy 6 weeks ago. For the first two weeks I was on estrodiL pill 1mg. It was horrible, I cried everyday, was depressed, didn't eat, and didn't feel like me at all I felt like a zombie. I wasn't sleeping and had heart palpitations with hot flushes. My Dr switched me to the patch and I change it twice a week. The patch and pill are like night and night for me. I now feel like myself again and also finally get to sleep. I haven't really had any side effects except for a few headaches the first week. I will stay on this as long as I possibly can. It's working well for me. The pharmacy at first gave me the 15.00 generic patch but I returned it for the minivelle name brand and pay 45."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2015

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol) for Primary Ovarian Failure: "Had preovarian failure at 30. Started on vivell dot and prometrium at age 38. Am now 60 and I will never come off. No side effects. I also added testosterone supplement injection and I am a new person. All this helps with mental stability and weight control and energy."

Isotope October 24, 2015