User Reviews for Estradiol

Also known as: Adgyn Estro, Aerodiol, Alora, Bedol, Climara, Climaval, Climodien, Clinagen LA 40, Delestrogen, Delidose, Dep Gynogen, Depo-Estradiol, Depogen, Dermestril, Dermestril Septem, ...show all 83 brand names

Learn more about Estradiol.

Gender Dysphoria 1 reviews 0 medications

Breast Cancer, Palliative 0 reviews 108 medications Not rated - Be the first
Prostate Cancer 0 reviews 93 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Estradiol reviews 90 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Estradiol

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Brilliant ,was having low mood,terrible hot flashes where i didnt want to venture out the door!!!by fights with hubby! mood has improved hope to keep on this long term. I had hysterectomy at 41 refused to take because of cancer risk, at first,but my symptoms were awful so I decided the benefits outweigh the risks."

tania1967 May 6, 2015

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Oophorectomy: "Been on Mylan Estradiol transdermal 0.1mg for 4 months. Apparently it's the generic version of Vivelle Dot. Well, it's been great in handling the symptoms of surgical menopause. No headaches or migraines, no more brain fog, lots of energy. However, I have gained weight, have trouble sleeping (never had that issue in my life!), and feel like scratching my skin off everywhere I affix the patch. No matter how dry my skin is, this large, thick, ugly patch has trouble sticking and moisture always gets under it. I end up with an angry itchy red ring that lasts for a week after its gone. So I'm switching to name brand Vivelle Dot. I hope to get the same benefits with a smaller, less ugly patch, and hope it resolves the irritation!"

TeeEm (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2015

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Been using estradiol patches for the past 2 years since my full hysterectomy. I am 39 years old. No side effects. Can't live without them. One day with no patch and hot flashes, fatigue and moodiness is back."

april 21 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2015

Climara (estradiol) for Hypoestrogenism: "Before Climara, my menopause symptoms were out of control, hot flashes and feeling moody. Climara changed my life and helped me enjoy it again without the hot flashes and weird symptoms that menopause was bringing on. Bye bye menopause."

no more menopause symptoms (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2015

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Stopped getting periods at age 45. Horrible hot flashes all day long, night sweats, dry skin, moodiness/depression/anxiety, painful intercourse, low libido. I was already using Prometrium, but it had stopped helping.Went to doctor to ask for estrogen. She Rxed compounded bioidentical estradiol and testosterone cream. The testosterone was to help offset the SHBG effects of estrogen to boost my low libido. I have used BHRT for almost a year now and it completely eliminated every symptom!! I will likely remain on it forever."

Jodicara (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 30, 2015

Divigel (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Hysterectomy at 26. I've been on HRT for 30 years and medications available have changed with time. This is the best I've tried so far."

Hel1959 February 10, 2015

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have been taking this for almost a year the only issue I have is the patch recommended for once a week does not stick to the body for the duration of the week."

Anonymous February 4, 2015

Climara (estradiol) for Hypoestrogenism: "It worked for my endometrium growth ....I used it for fertility treatment."

Llucy (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2015

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "A life saver! I was crying all the time, hot flashes, insomnia, night sweats. Everything blissfully went away pretty quickly after I started taking 0.5 dose in pill form. At first I noticed a bit of breast tenderness and headaches but after a week or two they were gone. My breasts have filled out a bit which is a bonus! My only regret is that I didn't start this 5 years ago instead of suffering through it. Wonderful stuff!"

mommamia45 December 5, 2014

For Gender Dysphoria: "After spending over two decades without any treatment, I sought help for my transsexualism; my doctor first prescribed spironolactone, followed by estradiol. It took a bit of time to find the proper dose to balance my estrogen levels, but patience paid off--no negatives! With estradiol, I've finally been able to start building a life for myself!"

quiet_dreamer (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 29, 2014

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol) for Primary Ovarian Failure: "I started premature ovarian failure/menopause at 31 and I'm now 35. I was skeptic of using the patch because of the side effects so I resorted to other forms of estrogen by birth control pills and changing my diet. They seemed to only work temporarily 2-3 months at a time and then the hot flashes and night sweats came back along with irritability and no libido. I finally said enough and tried Vivelle and after 2 weeks the hot flashes and not sweats were gone. I am currently on the "week off" of the patch so far so good. I can say that the only side effects that I've noticed is weight gain and breast swelling. I would recommend this patch to anyone in my similar situation."

hot flashes (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2014

Estrace (estradiol) for Hypoestrogenism: "I had a total/full Hysterctomy in Jan of 2006. I was put on Estrace/Estradoil 1mg at the time. Pending on the person, we are all different. 1 mg, I still had bad hot flashes, terrible or nasty temper, dizziness, feeling faint, very moody, feelings of rage. My Gyn put me up to a 2mg tablet. It worked, the rage feelings, dizziness, and most of the sweating and hot flashes eased or went away. I felt human again, and in control of my thoughts, and actions. It feels good not to have that terrible rage. I was at this time not receiving the right dose, it was to low. This week my gyn put me back on 1mg of Estrace, all those horrible feelings came back and quickly. My body again, was not getting enough hormone of estrogen and back on 2mg's."

Elaine00 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 11, 2014

Estrace (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Love it, no hot flashes or mood changes and feel like having sex again. Breasts have enlarged but are not painful. Taking 1 mg tablets, hope I never have to give up my wonder pill. Have been taking it for years and I am 70 years old."

Anonymous June 6, 2014

130 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Started experiencing menopausal symptoms 5 years ago. The night sweats and moodiness being the worst, no sleep and then tired during day. The doctor put me on the lowest dose of Vivelle dot and compounded bio-identical progesterone, finally I had restorative sleep again. I also had normal bone density again. After 2 years, I was having more hot flashes, enough to disrupt my day, so doc bumped me up to next dosage on Vivelle dot. I would give estradiol a 10, but I keep paying more in co-pays each year. "

Super Kay March 30, 2014

Minivelle (estradiol) for : "I'm sure this works like Vivelle I have been using before. My pharmacy decided to fill my Vivelle with Minivelle but back it went! I only used a few out of the box & immediately called them for my original. The Minivelle does not stick as well, hold up to showers, hot tubs or exercise. I find them stuck in my clothes. At that price I don%u2019t want to waste them. But the biggest thing I hate about it is the LOGO on the patch. I don%u2019t need nor want a LOGO. The Vivelle was clear & stayed on. Minivelle is gray & obvious. What%u2019s the use of being smaller if it%u2019s more obvious & falls off. Back it went!"

joann7283 March 18, 2014

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Insomnia, night sweats, moody, uncontrollable crying in the bosses office! I tried so hard and so long to do nothing and let it runs it's natural course. If I didn't work and could take naps, I'd still suffer and deal with it. Not the case. Have to be on my toes at work. Quality of life was bad. Climara saved my life. It was a tough decision but I tell you, it works. I feel human again!"

Dish79 January 29, 2014

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Minivelle (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Gained weight and joint pain"

Susan Grady January 28, 2014

For Oophorectomy: "Started Estradiol the day after complete hysterectomy and removal of both ovaries. Haven't had a symptom of menopause."

BPS (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2013

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have been experiencing hot flashes for 3 years but could take it no more. I finally caved and asked for the hormones ! My Dr. prescribed the Vivelle Dot at .05 and 3 weeks later I called and asked when I could expect some relief from these awful hot flashes. It had cured my sleeping issues and my sex drive came roaring back, and my dry skin improved, but nothing in the hot flash dept. It was increased to .075 and still no relief from these massive melt downs. I am getting very upset that I can get no relief and can't wait to see my Dr. again next month. I hate to have another increase but wondering if it will finally help !"

AngusMom (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2013

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Estradiol oral 5mg is the best decision I could have made. It was with much consideration due to all the bad press for hormone replacement in the past decade. I work full time, have a home and a life, I had to find something, nothing "natural or organic" was working. I started suffering night sweats 5 years ago, daytime hot flashes began 3 years ago. I was not sleeping through the night, tossing off the covers then putting them back on. I was exhausted, moody, and snarky. Within a month of starting Estradiol, I was sleeping soundly, the hot flashes were manageable, and not nearly as frequent. I'll use it for a year as prescribed and then take guidance from my doctor, but I truly am a new person."

FLKat (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2013

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Femtrace (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "At the age of 28 I had a hysterectomy. After years of taking different kind of hormones my doctor gave me Femtrace. In January 2013 I was told they quit making it. I have tried several other medications but nothing works like Femtrace. I have put on 14 pounds, have severe hot flashes, mood swings, joint pain and do not want to do anything at all. Just do not know what to do."

smb0808 October 16, 2013

Evamist (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Evamist does work for me but I would suggest that you prime the spray before ever leaving the pharmacy. I recently picked one up from a pharmacy only to find out later that it wouldn't spray. I called the pharmacy & was basically told that it was not their problem, I would have to contact the manufacturer. Of course they won't refill it again because I just refilled it. Needless to say, it's very aggravating. Besides that, it's expensive."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2013

Evamist (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Have been on it for 2 months, was getting hot flashed all day long. Night sweats even worse. With days after starting the medicine, they pretty much stopped! No more on and off with my fan- sleeping through the night! And now, I ran out and haven't had it in 5 days (need to call for a refill prescription) and its all BACK. Covers off and on all night long. This REALLY works for hot flashes!"

Suz50 August 19, 2013

Femring (estradiol) for : "I have been on this medicine since 1998 and as long I as I replace it on time, there are no issues. Even at 53 if it is not replaced on time, I start getting agitated and hot flashes start in. I always joke that it is not for my benefit that I take this, but it is for the benefit of those that are around me that I do. My only gripe is the outrageous expense."

Post Hysterectomy (taken for 10 years or more) August 18, 2013

Minivelle (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "It has been 5 days into my dose of Minivelle. My hot flashes reduced drastically, however, the very next day I developed severe arthritis in my knees. It took me until today to realize this could be a side effect. After reading- it is. I have discontinued the patch and hopefully my knees will get better."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2013