User Reviews for Estradiol

Also known as: Adgyn Estro, Aerodiol, Alora, Bedol, Climara, Climaval, Climodien, Clinagen LA 40, Delestrogen, Delidose, Dep Gynogen, Depo-Estradiol, Depogen, Dermestril, Dermestril Septem, ...show all 83 brand names

Learn more about Estradiol.

Estradiol Rating Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 187 medications used in the treatment of Postmenopausal Symptoms.

Reviews for Estradiol to treat Postmenopausal Symptoms

Climara (estradiol): "Climara Pro Estradiol Patch has reduced my hot flashes by 99%. The once a week patch takes a good three to four weeks to work. You will not find relief quickly, but once it kicks in, no hot flashes. This drug is very expensive, over $100 per month, but if you can afford it, I highly recommend it. Wipe your skin with alcohol, let dry, then apply patch--sticks better."

Elise2016 May 9, 2016

"I had a full hysterectomy years ago, leaving one ovary. About a year ago I started having hot flashes, hair loss, feeling tired, etc. I went to my doctors and they ran blood work. We found out I had an underactive tyroid and was going through peri-menapause. I got on medication for my tyroid, but nothing for menapause. After a year of hot flashes and feeling like crap I went to my OBGYN yesterday. He gave me Estradiol 1mg. You have to take this with food so we went to lunch after lunch about 11:30am I took my first pill, ever. Last night I only turned the fan on once when it had been on full blast everynight for almost a year. Today, I've taken my 2nd pill ever and I haven't had not one hot flash and I feel a little more alert..."

Feelnsexi49 (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2016

Climara (estradiol): "I've only been using the .025 patch since yesterday. I have not noticed any decrease in hot flashes yet. However, I am looking forward to giving the patch a try. But, I noticed this morning that I have an allergic reaction to the adhesive. I don't want to remove it but don't want to continue to irritate my skin."

2youngforthis April 29, 2016

"It didn't help with my hot flashes. I started experiencing a warm sensation, like I stood next to a heater, on my lower left outside calf all day everyday. I am getting a pain in my left arm. Dizziness and heart palpitations."

TerriBlueberry April 17, 2016

Femring (estradiol): ""My body does not like this ring - it is quite hard, large, and terribly uncomfortable, paid $100 for it, WITH insurance. Estradiol acetate, which is the kind of estradiol provided in this ring, has to pass through the liver, which is an inefficient way for the body to absorb." In reference to the second reviewer, Femring is a transdermal estrogen and it does not have first pass metabolism through the liver. Only oral estrogens do that. It also is not hard and if placed at the top of a normal vagina (which expands - a hysterectomy cut vagina does not do as well), you won't know it is there. I have personally used this for over 10 years and have prescribed it to 100s of patients. Over 90% loved it - except for the cost."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) March 24, 2016

Divigel (estradiol): "I used Divigel for a few weeks. I've been having pre menopause symptoms. I had a hysterectomy but still have my ovaries. During this time I started having severe stomach pains and my ovaries hurt. The doctor performed a ultrasound. I couldn't believe the pain. The doctor told me that I may need my ovaries removed. I decided to stop using Divigel and the pain stopped. I wouldn't recommend this medication."

Beccalou05 (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2016

"When I first started taking estradiol I was having allot of issues with hair loss, hot flashes, moodiness, vaginal dryness and bladder leakage. In short, all of the nasty side affects of menopause from my total hysterictamy. After a short time on HRT, I've noticed an improvement of all the symptoms. I normally hate taking pills and it's hard for me to stay on a regimented course of pill taking. But the positives far outweigh the negatives in this, so I have been faithful in taking my little blue pill daily. HRT isn't for everyone, but it seems to be working for me."

Fabrin March 15, 2016

Estradiol Patch (estradiol): "This patch had to be designed by a man. What woman would design a patch the size of a softball? I had to duck tape it on in order for it to stay on, it is not flexible ( it would not even bend in half) and what woman wants to have a big round patch showing through her clothes? You can't swim with it on or even shower because it will come off. It is hideous and degrading. Why should a woman have to be punished for something that is beyond their control? I can not say if it works or not, due to the fact that I could never get it to stay on. I took one to my doctor and asked her how I was suppose to keep it on. She was shocked at what it looked liked and put me on the pill due to the Insurance Company."

Wagon February 26, 2016

Femring (estradiol): "Great experience with Femring and it's the only hormone replacement that works for me. Wishing it was not so expensive."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 20, 2016

Estradiol Patch (estradiol): "this medication saved my life...I actually like the mylan better than the vivelle as far as the way I feel, the vivelle caused sinus problems and gassy bloat, the mylan product did not for me, however the mylan product doesn't stick as well or last as long....OVERALL: I love estrogen replacement and it is a TRAGEDY that women are suffering and their docs are not offering HRT when it is now proven that HRT prolongs life and has a protective influence on heart, bones and brain. I want to tell every woman out there do not be a hero, do not suffer, and do not be afraid. estrogen is good for you and can give you your life back. why do none of the women I talk to know this? crime!!"

loribean February 19, 2016

Estradiol Patch (estradiol): "I have been on the estradiol patch (Vivelle) for three weeks and I feel like a new woman! Gone are the hot flashes, night sweats and brain fog. Hello energy I've missed you immensely! I also take 100 mg progesterone at bedtime. This combo is a game changer! Just wondering why I didn't pursue it sooner."

nwilling February 16, 2016

"Seemed to work overnight. Instant relief from mood swings, night sweats. Am using it in conjunction with progesterone at night. Sleep better and don't feel discontent with everything."

Paigepoo1 January 14, 2016

Femring (estradiol): "For the first 3 months things were great. On my second Femring I began to get a rash on my forehead and neck. My neck was especially red, itchy and dry. At first I thought it might be due to something else. Perhaps Eczema or psoriasis, so I was buying all kinds of creams and nothing worked. So I double checked my only prescription which is the femring and low and behold one of the possible side effects is a skin rash. It's too soon to know for sure. I hope it goes away."

Don't rash me (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2016

"I am 52 and started having very bad hot flashes and night sweats six months ago. Up until then I was still getting a regular period. I still have all original parts (ie: ovaries and uterus) I went on the Sandoz generic estradiol patch 1 1/2 weeks ago. My hot flashes are down to near nothing. I will continue this regimen for as long as my doctor says. She mentioned me also using a progesterone in the future as well. I would recommend this to any women. It's about quality of our lives. :)"

Alisacw January 1, 2016

Femring (estradiol): "I just started using Fem Ring, after having tried expensive patches that irriatated my skin, messy compounded creams, and drops. I already have a yeast infection, which never happens, plus low back and abdominal pain. Outrageous in this day and age, that no enterprising pharma can come up with an estradiol without such hassles. My body does not like this ring - it is quite hard, large, and terribly uncomfortable, paid $100 for it, WITH insurance. Estradiol acetate, which is the kind of estradiol provided in this ring, has to pass through the liver, which is an inefficient way for the body to absorb. I expected better from Warner Chilcott. I am returning to my compounded drops, one drop on the pulse, twice daily, $25 for a two month supply."

Sushid (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2015

"Very bad nasal congestion and phlegm. Ears unplugged. Cough."

Jam52461 November 9, 2015

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol): "Worked wonderful for my mood swings, hot flashes, night sweats and sleepless nights. Used it for 4 years. Now I have been off for 2 months and can't stand the reappearance of all those nasty menopausal symptoms. I may have to go back on it."

Hot and sweaty (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 8, 2015

Femring (estradiol): "This is the only product that works for me. The patent expires in December, 2015. I hope it gets cheaper!"

Hagitha November 2, 2015

"It seemed to work just over night. I put the patch on at nighttime and have not had any major "hot flashes" since. Is this too good to be true? I shall see in a month or 2. It stays on just fine if you follow the directions. So far so good. I feel calmer and not irritated like I did when I was sweating like a race horse!"

ReenT October 30, 2015

Estradot 50 (estradiol): "Absolutely a life saver! No more screaming at hubby for no reason, no more night sweats, no more anxiety! Wish I was on it years ago! I can sleep! Try it seriously it works wonders."

50 year old October 28, 2015

Minivelle (estradiol): "I have a hysterectomy 6 weeks ago. For the first two weeks I was on estrodiL pill 1mg. It was horrible, I cried everyday, was depressed, didn't eat, and didn't feel like me at all I felt like a zombie. I wasn't sleeping and had heart palpitations with hot flushes. My Dr switched me to the patch and I change it twice a week. The patch and pill are like night and night for me. I now feel like myself again and also finally get to sleep. I haven't really had any side effects except for a few headaches the first week. I will stay on this as long as I possibly can. It's working well for me. The pharmacy at first gave me the 15.00 generic patch but I returned it for the minivelle name brand and pay 45."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2015

"In short, upon having my name brand hormone patch replaced by this awful generic, I basically had my estrogen level drop to almost nothing in less than four months. The patch didn't stick, it kept coming off, I started experiencing all post menopausal symptoms to the extreme. I didn't know what was going on at first.This generic will not do the job. I can't believe the FDA approved this generic medication! It has been the worse 6 months of my life! Since going back on the named brand, after just one month, my estrogen level is increasing and all menopausal symptoms are starting to go away. To anyone considering the money saving is cashing in their own sanity, it's not worth it! I'd give it 0, but that's not an option."

spunky chic September 11, 2015

Evamist (estradiol): "I started using Eva Mist after a hysterectomy. I saw results after a week of using one spray each morning. No more hot flashes, the night sweats are minimal, the vaginal dryness is much butter and the mood swings are improved. I'm no longer suffer from insomnia. After about a year some of my symptoms started to recur so my Dr increased my dosage to 2 sprays each morning . I was worrred about taking a HRT but my Doctor evaluates my contined use and I keep up on my yearly well woman exam. The benefit from such a small dose have been amazing."

Mz Clay (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 1, 2015

Estradot 50 (estradiol): "I have tried all the sequi and Conti HRT tablets and the best was Femoston Conti which I was on for a year before it started giving me bad side effects such as painful breasts and mood swings. Now on Estradot 50 patch with Utrogestan capsules 200 per day for 2 weeks of cycle. Feel fantastic and know I will be on these for a long time. I am 54."

Noopthecat August 16, 2015

Estraderm (estradiol): "This caused severe headaches sore breast and emotional outbursts. Rather have flushes"

Lealeaaaaa (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2015