User Reviews for Estradiol

Also known as: Adgyn Estro, Aerodiol, Alora, Bedol, Climara, Climaval, Climodien, Clinagen LA 40, Delestrogen, Delidose, Dep Gynogen, Depo-Estradiol, Depogen, Dermestril, Dermestril Septem, ...show all 83 brand names

Learn more about Estradiol.

Estradiol review summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 234 medications used in the treatment of Postmenopausal Symptoms.

Reviews for Estradiol to treat Postmenopausal Symptoms

Estrace (estradiol): Love it, no hot flashes or mood changes and feel like having sex again. Breasts have enlarged but are not painful. Taking 1 mg tablets, hope I never have to give up my wonder pill. Have been taking it for years and I am 70 years old.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 6, 2014 9:03 PM

Review by Super Kay:

Started experiencing menopausal symptoms 5 years ago. The night sweats and moodiness being the worst, no sleep and then tired during day. The doctor put me on the lowest dose of Vivelle dot and compounded bio-identical progesterone, finally I had restorative sleep again. I also had normal bone density again. After 2 years, I was having more hot flashes, enough to disrupt my day, so doc bumped me up to next dosage on Vivelle dot. I would give estradiol a 10, but I keep paying more in co-pays each year.

March 30, 2014 2:35 AM

Review by Dish79:

Climara (estradiol): Insomnia, night sweats, moody, uncontrollable crying in the bosses office! I tried so hard and so long to do nothing and let it runs it's natural course. If I didn't work and could take naps, I'd still suffer and deal with it. Not the case. Have to be on my toes at work. Quality of life was bad. Climara saved my life. It was a tough decision but I tell you, it works. I feel human again!

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 29, 2014 2:22 PM

Review by Susan Grady:

Minivelle (estradiol): Gained weight and joint pain

January 28, 2014 2:20 AM

Review by AngusMom (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol): I have been experiencing hot flashes for 3 years but could take it no more. I finally caved and asked for the hormones ! My Dr. prescribed the Vivelle Dot at .05 and 3 weeks later I called and asked when I could expect some relief from these awful hot flashes. It had cured my sleeping issues and my sex drive came roaring back, and my dry skin improved, but nothing in the hot flash dept. It was increased to .075 and still no relief from these massive melt downs. I am getting very upset that I can get no relief and can't wait to see my Dr. again next month. I hate to have another increase but wondering if it will finally help !

October 31, 2013 6:31 PM

Review by FLKat (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Estradiol oral 5mg is the best decision I could have made. It was with much consideration due to all the bad press for hormone replacement in the past decade. I work full time, have a home and a life, I had to find something, nothing "natural or organic" was working. I started suffering night sweats 5 years ago, daytime hot flashes began 3 years ago. I was not sleeping through the night, tossing off the covers then putting them back on. I was exhausted, moody, and snarky. Within a month of starting Estradiol, I was sleeping soundly, the hot flashes were manageable, and not nearly as frequent. I'll use it for a year as prescribed and then take guidance from my doctor, but I truly am a new person.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 24, 2013 7:49 PM

Review by smb0808:

Femtrace (estradiol): At the age of 28 I had a hysterectomy. After years of taking different kind of hormones my doctor gave me Femtrace. In January 2013 I was told they quit making it. I have tried several other medications but nothing works like Femtrace. I have put on 14 pounds, have severe hot flashes, mood swings, joint pain and do not want to do anything at all. Just do not know what to do.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 16, 2013 10:44 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Evamist (estradiol): Evamist does work for me but I would suggest that you prime the spray before ever leaving the pharmacy. I recently picked one up from a pharmacy only to find out later that it wouldn't spray. I called the pharmacy & was basically told that it was not their problem, I would have to contact the manufacturer. Of course they won't refill it again because I just refilled it. Needless to say, it's very aggravating. Besides that, it's expensive.

October 3, 2013 9:24 AM

Review by Suz50:

Evamist (estradiol): Have been on it for 2 months, was getting hot flashed all day long. Night sweats even worse. With days after starting the medicine, they pretty much stopped! No more on and off with my fan- sleeping through the night! And now, I ran out and haven't had it in 5 days (need to call for a refill prescription) and its all BACK. Covers off and on all night long. This REALLY works for hot flashes!

August 19, 2013 9:20 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Minivelle (estradiol): It has been 5 days into my dose of Minivelle. My hot flashes reduced drastically, however, the very next day I developed severe arthritis in my knees. It took me until today to realize this could be a side effect. After reading- it is. I have discontinued the patch and hopefully my knees will get better.

August 11, 2013 7:41 PM

Review by popatya (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Estradot 50 (estradiol): I started this medication and within 2 weeks my life changed, just feel so good, feel like 13 again, no hot flashes, my appetite returned back, my hair texture feels good, it's all good, heaven sent, amazing, highly recommend, just worried about long term use.

July 22, 2013 2:29 PM

Review by caligirl52 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Minivelle (estradiol): I have had a great experience with the Minivelle patch. I was suffering with many, many, hot flashes a day and night sweats that left me drenched! I am down to a handful of flashes a day and the night sweats are gone!

July 15, 2013 6:27 PM

Review by CookieGlory:

Slept the whole night.....first time in years.

July 13, 2013 12:07 PM

Review by LAG85 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Elestrin (estradiol): Elestrin has given me my life back! Give it some time to get in your system and work and you will be so glad that you did!! I can't imagine life without Elestrin!

June 9, 2013 12:20 PM

Review by Happy Hormones (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol): Was on Vivelle 0.05 plus Prometrium for 4.5 years; felt great. Stopped for 1 year because I worried that being on HRT for 14 years (Prempro for 10 yrs.) total was risky & maybe I was now "beyond" the hot flashes, etc. Well...I felt lousy the entire time I was without HRT (1 year)..hot flashes, sleepless nights, brain fog, etc. Now I'm back on Vivelle Dot & Prometrium...feeling so much better! I don't think I'll ever give up this. Plus the estrogen helps my osteoporosis & vaginal dryness.

April 2, 2013 1:59 PM

Review by shdl:

Femring (estradiol): I just got my second dose of Femring. So far I have not had any problems or issue. I like it because it keep me from getting dry and my estrogen level up.

January 2, 2013 10:20 PM

Review by aquagrl (taken for less than 1 month):

symptoms of vertigo, balance issues, discharge, loss of appetite. Really scary vertigo side effects, severe headache on the left side of my head.

November 12, 2012 9:50 PM

Review by txtalk:

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol): I had a total hysterectomy and experienced terrible hot flashes. I began with a dosage of .05 but the hot flashes continued, although less severe. My doctor changed the dosage to .1 and the hot flashes are a thing of the past. I've only been on this medication for 3 months but haven't experienced any side effects so far.

October 14, 2012 2:36 AM

Review by dawnchristine71 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Divigel (estradiol): After a surgically induced menopause, the onset on hot flashes and night sweats was so fierce asked my nurse practitioner what works. She mentioned Divigel. I started on the lowest dose and actually felt like myself again within one week of use. Keeping in mind you want to stay on the lowest dose possible, she reminded me that this is to cut down only on the severity of those hot flashes, not get rid of them entirely. I am so happy on this HRT. Just apply to your upper thigh once daily and that's it!

August 15, 2012 8:24 PM

Review by lael1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Elestrin (estradiol): I really like Elestrin. I used bio-identical hormone treatment for many years but tried this for a number of reasons. My thinking cleared up which is way more important than hot flash relief! I do have the side effect of developing "freckles," but I had those already so they just blend in.

July 10, 2012 2:49 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Divigel (estradiol): I have gallstones, this medication bypasses the liver because it is topical. I also lost 4 pounds after only a week and a half. I started on the lowest dose. Next week I will try a slightly higher dose, although my night sweats have decreased I am still experiencing some hot flashes. Sleeping through the night is great, no more getting up three times to pee. It works great for vaginal dryness and urethra atrophy. Thanks Divigel!

May 11, 2012 5:12 AM

Evamist (estradiol): I was through menopause by age 46. The hot flashes were so frequent they disrupted my quality of life. I urge you to discuss with your doctor but if you are concerned about the side effects of HRT, this is a very low dose spray. As my physician pointed out, even with one spray a day I still have less estrogen than most women my age. What do I notice? Almost no hot flashes. More energy, improved mood, fuller hair (unexpected benefit), less vaginal dryness, better sleep (use with progesterone). If you are suffering with postmenopausal symptoms and are worried about HRT, this may be a good cautious step and all you really need to stop suffering!

March 21, 2012 10:32 PM

Review by charliesbestfriend:

Elestrin (estradiol): Been taking it for more than 2 years. Keeps hot flashes away, and also psychic break downs and panic attacks. Great medicine.

June 11, 2011 11:09 AM

Evamist (estradiol): Eliminated hot flashes, slept through the night, mood was great, mind sharp, no more brain fog! Lost weight because I am not craving sweets and salty foods all the time. Energy up, feel 20 years younger! The bad part is that it is so expensive, but it has no side effects for me and works quickly. Love it.

March 23, 2011 12:01 AM

Review by bettyboop56:

Femring (estradiol): I am 54 years old; I have been using Fem-ring for more than two years. Prescribed 0.5 mg; changed ring every three months. This past month, I developed intermittent abdominal, low back, and side pain with occasional vaginal discharge; escalated into chronic abdominal pain with fever, chills, nausea, and skin rash, with constant discharge. I removed and discarded the Femring. Pain, fever, and chills quickly subsided; discharge decreased. White blood cell count had escalated. Apparently, my body was rejecting the ring as it was trying to embed itself. My gynecologist has prescribed an antibiotic suppository treatment for infection. It has been four days since I removed the ring; I have been on the antibiotic for only one night, and have not experienced the low back, side, and abdominal pain as before removing it.

February 1, 2011 3:39 PM