User Reviews for Estradiol

Also known as: Adgyn Estro, Aerodiol, Alora, Bedol, Climara, Climaval, Climodien, Clinagen LA 40, Delestrogen, Delidose, Dep Gynogen, Depo-Estradiol, Depogen, Dermestril, Dermestril Septem, ...show all 83 brand names

Learn more about Estradiol.

Estradiol Review Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 217 medications used in the treatment of Postmenopausal Symptoms.

Reviews for Estradiol to treat Postmenopausal Symptoms

Estradot 50 (estradiol): "I have tried all the sequi and Conti HRT tablets and the best was Femoston Conti which I was on for a year before it started giving me bad side effects such as painful breasts and mood swings. Now on Estradot 50 patch with Utrogestan capsules 200 per day for 2 weeks of cycle. Feel fantastic and know I will be on these for a long time. I am 54."

Noopthecat August 16, 2015

Estraderm (estradiol): "This caused severe headaches sore breast and emotional outbursts. Rather have flushes"

Lealeaaaaa (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2015

Climara (estradiol): "Cannot get it to stay on. Don't know why anyone would recommend it. Went thru 3 patches in 3 days because they do not stick, wouldn't even stay on with waterproof tape over it. Insurance won't pay for another box of 4 which should last a month."

SRenaeM July 26, 2015

"Cannot use this product, 30 lb weight gain and severe hair loss."

Drenchy July 26, 2015

Minivelle (estradiol): "It took about 5 weeks to start working completely. My gynecologist told me to not give up. After 3 weeks I was still getting hot flashes daily. I continued as prescribed and Zero hot flashes!! No side effects. One year using"

Mauta (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 23, 2015

Estradiol Patch (estradiol): "This refers to the Mylan estradiol twice weekly patches. After 16 comfortable years using Vivelle Dot estradiol patches, I was supplied by Express Scripts with the new, supposedly "generic" Mylan estradiol transdermal dot patches in the same strength, 0.025 mg. During the 4 1/2 weeks I used the Mylan product, I developed hot flashes, night sweats, brain fog and urinary tract infections. I could not understand what was wrong until I recalled that my symptoms began when I started the Mylan product. I found out that Vivelle Dots are still under patent. Mylan patented its own competing transdermal patch in order not to infringe the Novertis patent. It is NOT the same product. A return to Vivelle Dots solved my problem."

NJ Grandma (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2015

Estradiol Patch (estradiol): "100mg patch Estradot- applied twice weekly. Keeps me sane ,and virtually anxiety free. The adhesive on this brand does nt make welts on my skin Only drawback is removing the Glue Spots.:-) When using Hot Spas or I need to apply creams to dry skin, I use an Estrogel sachet .this allows the freshly applied patch to catch up. Absolutely satisfied & happy with this medication. ** on PBS IN Australlia. Lowest dose Venlafaxine added when family drama hit me like a bolt."

Pipsy (taken for 10 years or more) May 31, 2015

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol): "What a God send! After menopause at 50 I first thought "yes! no more periods" then the fun started, night sweats, hot flashes at the worst times like during business meetings, my Dr. started me on the patch .50 and within 2 days it was like a miracle - I could sleep without a towel on my pillow and the hot flashes disappeared. After a year he dropped the dose to .375 and it's still working. If you are having to fight the sweats and flashes - talk to your Dr. This stuff works!"

Happy - not sweating! (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 20, 2015

"Brilliant ,was having low mood,terrible hot flashes where i didnt want to venture out the door!!!by fights with hubby! mood has improved hope to keep on this long term. I had hysterectomy at 41 refused to take because of cancer risk, at first,but my symptoms were awful so I decided the benefits outweigh the risks."

tania1967 May 6, 2015

"Been using estradiol patches for the past 2 years since my full hysterectomy. I am 39 years old. No side effects. Can't live without them. One day with no patch and hot flashes, fatigue and moodiness is back."

april 21 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2015

"Stopped getting periods at age 45. Horrible hot flashes all day long, night sweats, dry skin, moodiness/depression/anxiety, painful intercourse, low libido. I was already using Prometrium, but it had stopped helping.Went to doctor to ask for estrogen. She Rxed compounded bioidentical estradiol and testosterone cream. The testosterone was to help offset the SHBG effects of estrogen to boost my low libido. I have used BHRT for almost a year now and it completely eliminated every symptom!! I will likely remain on it forever."

Jodicara (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 30, 2015

Divigel (estradiol): "Hysterectomy at 26. I've been on HRT for 30 years and medications available have changed with time. This is the best I've tried so far."

Hel1959 February 10, 2015

Estradiol Patch (estradiol): "I have been taking this for almost a year the only issue I have is the patch recommended for once a week does not stick to the body for the duration of the week."

Anonymous February 4, 2015

"A life saver! I was crying all the time, hot flashes, insomnia, night sweats. Everything blissfully went away pretty quickly after I started taking 0.5 dose in pill form. At first I noticed a bit of breast tenderness and headaches but after a week or two they were gone. My breasts have filled out a bit which is a bonus! My only regret is that I didn't start this 5 years ago instead of suffering through it. Wonderful stuff!"

mommamia45 December 5, 2014

Estrace (estradiol): "Love it, no hot flashes or mood changes and feel like having sex again. Breasts have enlarged but are not painful. Taking 1 mg tablets, hope I never have to give up my wonder pill. Have been taking it for years and I am 70 years old."

Anonymous June 6, 2014

152 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Started experiencing menopausal symptoms 5 years ago. The night sweats and moodiness being the worst, no sleep and then tired during day. The doctor put me on the lowest dose of Vivelle dot and compounded bio-identical progesterone, finally I had restorative sleep again. I also had normal bone density again. After 2 years, I was having more hot flashes, enough to disrupt my day, so doc bumped me up to next dosage on Vivelle dot. I would give estradiol a 10, but I keep paying more in co-pays each year. "

Super Kay March 30, 2014

Climara (estradiol): "Insomnia, night sweats, moody, uncontrollable crying in the bosses office! I tried so hard and so long to do nothing and let it runs it's natural course. If I didn't work and could take naps, I'd still suffer and deal with it. Not the case. Have to be on my toes at work. Quality of life was bad. Climara saved my life. It was a tough decision but I tell you, it works. I feel human again!"

Dish79 January 29, 2014

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Minivelle (estradiol): "Gained weight and joint pain"

Susan Grady January 28, 2014

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol): "I have been experiencing hot flashes for 3 years but could take it no more. I finally caved and asked for the hormones ! My Dr. prescribed the Vivelle Dot at .05 and 3 weeks later I called and asked when I could expect some relief from these awful hot flashes. It had cured my sleeping issues and my sex drive came roaring back, and my dry skin improved, but nothing in the hot flash dept. It was increased to .075 and still no relief from these massive melt downs. I am getting very upset that I can get no relief and can't wait to see my Dr. again next month. I hate to have another increase but wondering if it will finally help !"

AngusMom (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2013

"Estradiol oral 5mg is the best decision I could have made. It was with much consideration due to all the bad press for hormone replacement in the past decade. I work full time, have a home and a life, I had to find something, nothing "natural or organic" was working. I started suffering night sweats 5 years ago, daytime hot flashes began 3 years ago. I was not sleeping through the night, tossing off the covers then putting them back on. I was exhausted, moody, and snarky. Within a month of starting Estradiol, I was sleeping soundly, the hot flashes were manageable, and not nearly as frequent. I'll use it for a year as prescribed and then take guidance from my doctor, but I truly am a new person."

FLKat (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2013

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Femtrace (estradiol): "At the age of 28 I had a hysterectomy. After years of taking different kind of hormones my doctor gave me Femtrace. In January 2013 I was told they quit making it. I have tried several other medications but nothing works like Femtrace. I have put on 14 pounds, have severe hot flashes, mood swings, joint pain and do not want to do anything at all. Just do not know what to do."

smb0808 October 16, 2013

Evamist (estradiol): "Evamist does work for me but I would suggest that you prime the spray before ever leaving the pharmacy. I recently picked one up from a pharmacy only to find out later that it wouldn't spray. I called the pharmacy & was basically told that it was not their problem, I would have to contact the manufacturer. Of course they won't refill it again because I just refilled it. Needless to say, it's very aggravating. Besides that, it's expensive."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2013

Evamist (estradiol): "Have been on it for 2 months, was getting hot flashed all day long. Night sweats even worse. With days after starting the medicine, they pretty much stopped! No more on and off with my fan- sleeping through the night! And now, I ran out and haven't had it in 5 days (need to call for a refill prescription) and its all BACK. Covers off and on all night long. This REALLY works for hot flashes!"

Suz50 August 19, 2013

Minivelle (estradiol): "It has been 5 days into my dose of Minivelle. My hot flashes reduced drastically, however, the very next day I developed severe arthritis in my knees. It took me until today to realize this could be a side effect. After reading- it is. I have discontinued the patch and hopefully my knees will get better."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2013

Estradot 50 (estradiol): "I started this medication and within 2 weeks my life changed, just feel so good, feel like 13 again, no hot flashes, my appetite returned back, my hair texture feels good, it's all good, heaven sent, amazing, highly recommend, just worried about long term use."

popatya (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2013

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 Next