User Reviews for Solifenacin

Also known as: VESIcare

Learn more about Solifenacin.

Urinary Incontinence 24 reviews 49 medications

7.3
Overactive Bladder 40 reviews 22 medications

6.2
Summary of Solifenacin reviews 64 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Solifenacin

For Urinary Incontinence: "I can't believe the difference it's made we took my grandson out went to the toilet once in four hours before I had to go every 10 mins. I have even sneezed and no leak - it's changed my life"

No leeky July 25, 2015

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "Have been on Vesicare for 3 or 4 years now and am on 10mg a day. I remember the doctor saying that dry mouth can be a side effect but now after reading all these comments about constipation and pain etc I'm a little concerned that she never warned me about these, although I have never experienced these if I had done I would have not connected it to being a side effect from the medication. I notice that if I stop taking it for a week or so things get bad and I have no control whatsoever. I feel like I will be on this medication for a very very long time but I guess its worth it. Even though I am taking 10mg a day I still go toilet a lot but I have some control back which is great, people still comment on the amount of times I go toilet."

Sillysocks101 April 30, 2015

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I started taking this medication and within a few days I noticed the bottom of my feet were getting sensations like air bubbles. At first that did not bother me but then it turned painful. As soon as I stopped the bubbles were less intense and went away after a few more days. The accidents I had were still there. I did not seem to have any effect on the frequency either."

under 30 (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2015

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: "I am stopping this medication because of the side effects. I am too weak to walk farther than about 20 feet without stopping--bent over and holding on to something. I cannot function this way. I The pain in my upper abdomen is awful. Also, I experienced nausea, dizziness, blurred vision, tightness around the chest and severe fatigue. I loved not having to get up at night, but the near diarrhea caused other problems. I sleep almost 10 hours per night and take frequent naps. I have been told I am pale and walk like a drunken sailor. I am stopping this medication because of the side effects."

wet in indiana (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2015

For Overactive Bladder: "Suffered urge incontinence for over 40 years. Now 77. Pelvic floor exercises as advised by G.P. did not work and incontinence (mild) and frequency especially at night was an increasing problem. Saw consultant who prescribed Solifenacin and the improvement after a month is good- get up once a night instead of 3-4 times so sleep better. Problem is side effects! Dry mouth and nasal passage not really a problem but blurred vision and being dazzled by bright sun, car headlights when driving, plus some cognitive deterioration and constipation is proving a bit of a worry. Not sure if I will carry on long term."

UK Angel (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2014

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: "I took Vesicare for interstitial cystitis and it was life changing! I'd go to the bathroom about every 7 to 10 minutes for a period of about 5 hours during the day and 3 to 4 times at night and pretty much incontinent. I was miserable. Only side effects I had was dry mouth and constipation. But me only going to the bathroom every few hours, less pain, and not waking up at night was worth it to me. I Lost my insurance that paid for it and had to be off of it for a year and just now got assistance for it through my dr office pharmacy and I couldn't be more happy to get back on it and start feeling better!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 31, 2014

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "My doctor wanted me to switch from Detrol LA to Vesicare to see if it controlled overactive bladder better. For a couple of days, it seemed to. I was going less often and the flow was strong. Then the Vesicare started irritating my prostate and I felt discomfort and/or burning much of the time. I took an OTC painkiller to ease that, and it helped somewhat. Then, after about 2 weeks' use, I started getting mild headaches and severe neck pain. It felt as though I had been bitten by a wasp, but the pain didn't subside like an insect bite. The pain was in the nerves, not deep in the muscle. I also developed dry mouth early on. I am stopping taking the Vesicare and will return to the Detrol LA, which never caused a problem."

Glenndateacher August 12, 2014

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I have been taking them for 5 days, no results problem same as it is."

ali bhai sb August 11, 2014

For Overactive Bladder: "I have had an Overactive bladder for my whole life. This medicine is the only one that has helped me, and I have had zero side effects from it. I have been taking this for 5 years now. No issues. Still on the 5mg dose."

OAB Since Birth (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 18, 2014

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "Taking Vesicare for overactive bladder and bladder irritation. I have been on this for over one year. It helped somewhat for the overactive bladder and irritation. Makes my mouth very dry and blurred my vision pretty bad. I don't know if I will continue this medication as I do not think the side effects are worth it. Also made me BLOATED."

gez (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 12, 2014

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: "I started using Versicare about 7 months ago and it worked fantastic. Side effects is going to make me stop it today, dry mouth, raspy voice, blurred vision, sore throat, constipation and leg cramps (we use to call them charlie horses) I am 81 years old and can't stand the pain in my leg all day and night is worse. But for the incontinence it was a blessing not to have to run to the bathroom every few hours and not make it home from shopping without being wet. I have tried Detrol but get terrific headaches from that. Will see my Dr. and hopefully we can work something out. I am on the 5 mg."

fredag March 24, 2014

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I am only 26 and was going to the bathroom every hour, and sometimes every half an hour during the day. I took Vesicare for 7 months and saw a decent decrease in the amount of trips to the bathroom. However, I was often constipated, bloated, had a headache, and experienced a change in eye prescription. I stopped taking the medication and switched to another. It took 6 months before my eye prescription stabilized to where it had originally been before Vesicare."

123987 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 11, 2014

For Overactive Bladder: "I have been prescribed solfenacin for overactive bladder but within 2 days I was constipated. I kept up the dose while trying to alleviate the bowel problem. Eventually I stopped the solfenacin after 4 days dosing and then 3 days after that my bowel responded, after it had been helped with natural stimulants such as prunes & liquorice. Solfenacin has a long half life so I think I have now resumed dosage but will take 2 on 2 successive days then another 3 days later. The OAB was not excessively bad so I will see how it responds before my next visit to the specialist & whether the night trip/s to the toilet becomes a thing of the past."

mortar (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2014

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "Took this medicine along with Uroxatral for slow stream and urinary frequency, both secondary to radiation cystitis caused by brachytherapy. Vesicare caused slight mouth dryness at 5mg, severe mouth dryness and bad taste at 10mg. "

Gyndocal (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2014

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I took one dosage, and it made me ill."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2013

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I am a male with overactive bladder. Initially treated for prostrate problem, as usual for men, but I have no prostrate difficulty. Asked Dr. for Vesicare, afrter reviewing symptoms on internet sources. Vesicare is targeted at women by the drug co. Astellas, but I had the same symtoms. Started with the 5mg dose, and my symtoms significantly improved within first few days. Severe bathroom urges every hour or two. Woke up to pee several times at night, sometimes every 2 hours; miss a bathroom, and pee in pants. A week later after starting Vesicare, get up once a night, or not at all, and bathroom visits are once in 3-5 hours. Wow, got my life back. Only nasty side effect is constipation, cured by taking pill less frequently than daily."

vonhoho (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2013

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: "Wow! My urinary incontinence started several years ago and I've been wearing pads. I decided it was time to let my doctor order me a pill. He gave me samples of Vesicare and I have taken them for one month. They really worked for me. Now when I get the urge, I head for the bathroom immediately but I have not wet my pants. I have not had the side effects that some of you have had. I have had a "raspy" voice a few times but chalked it up to postnasal drip which I've always had but even that has cleared up some so maybe that's the "dry mouth" part of it but it's certainly is not a problem..I still have lots of saliva. It's expensive even with my insurance covering 80% but after reading other medicine reviews, I guess I'll stay with it."

Nohoch October 17, 2013

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "Over the past few years I have tried all the medication for a overactive bladder that is available through my doctors. This medication for me is the best one, it works really well and I have no symptoms of an overactive bladder and helps with my bladder leaking. The only reason I did not give it 10/10 is the side effects dry mouth, thirst, and I do feel very tired when taking this tablet."

Busymum6 (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2013

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: "I've been using Vesicare for approximately one month. It really does work; however, the side effects are too bothersome for me to continue using. My mouth is constantly dry, and I have a seriously terrible sore throat and hoarse voice. I could deal with the dry mouth, but not the sore throat."

beehubb March 15, 2013

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: "Prescribed for urinary incontinence, notably stress incontinence. I started with 5mg (eventually began10 mg.) of Vesicare and it worked overnight. When I am running low on tablets and payday is off in the future, I have good success with taking 10mg. every other night. Side effects: 1. Very dry mouth, but good excuse to drink more water; keep TicTacs handy; over time it has greatly diminished. 2. Drowsiness: I started taking it at night. 3) Constipation: drank more water and took a daily stool softener until my body readjusted."

Kate1247 February 24, 2013

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: "At the age of 59 and after 2 bladder surgeries, I was beside myself with my leakage problems. I have been taking Vesicare for 5 weeks now and am a totally new person. I no longer run into the house making a beeline to the bathroom. I can control my urge until I get the the bathroom. No massive leaks or unable to stop. Vesicare started working after 2 days. As far as I can tell, I have no noticeable side effects."

loualla (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2013

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: "I tried the medication first with the other medications given to me by my doctor. Then I tried it while off the other medicines. Both times I got totally debilitating headaches. They affected both the head and the stomach. I have given it all the chances I am willing to give. "

califgirl510 (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2013

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: "I am a young and very ctive woman - I've had numerous bladder and kidney infections which have weekened my urethra - I started off with the patches but I ended up getting a severe reaction to the sticky stuff, so I've now been taking 5mg tab for a year and the difference is amazing, I am back to my full fitness without weeing myself. The only side effect I get is a really dry mouth, but that's better than nothing."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 5, 2012

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I am a 27 year old female. I started noticing that I was going to the bathroom on average 12 times a day. I was losing sleep because I would get up 2 or 3 times a night, at work I was constantly running to the bathroom what seemed like every hour. I went to my obgyn who gave me a test and started me on 10mg of Vesicare. Within the first day I saw instant results. I have been taking it for over a month and about 2weeks ago I started to have severe abdominal pains, constipation and lower back pains, as well as light colored poop. I lowered my dosage to 5mg and everything seemed to get better until today. Same severe side effects again. I had to stop taking it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2012

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I have been on different medications for the past year to treat overactive bladder. I would also be unable to make it to the toilet before I needed to empty my bladder. I have been on Vesicare for 3 days. Fantastic, I cannot believe the difference. No more embarrassing moments, I am dry all day and night. I can make it to the toilet in time. I am no longer waking up throughout the night needing the toilet. No side effects also which I found with all the other medication I have tried. I was considering surgery but I don't think i will need to have surgery now."

Anonymous August 19, 2012

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 Next