User Reviews for Solifenacin

Also known as: VESIcare

Learn more about Solifenacin.

Urinary Incontinence 26 reviews 49 medications

7.3
Overactive Bladder 58 reviews 22 medications

Summary of Solifenacin reviews 84 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Solifenacin

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "Took this medication for two weeks. Did nothing in reducing OAB. Had horrible reaction of severe DROWSINESS! Was so bad I almost went to sleep in traffic a couple of times before I realized what was causing me to feel that way. Lost all my energy and gumption to get anything done. Just wanted to sleep. Then week two I got to where when I went to the restroom, I would just sit there. I could not start a flow without thinking about it for what seemed like five minutes. I stopped taking and called my doctor. Calling in another medication to try. I pray it works without all the side effects!"

BarbwireNLace (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I started on a low dose 5mg of Vesicare for OAB. Worked by third dose. Its working really well for me, no more accidents, no side effects. I take mine with dinner as the evening was when I was up and down to the toilet, which was difficult as I have Rheumatoid arthritits and by the evening I don't want to be getting up and down and can not do so quickly. Also my Goldie dog tends to somehow always be laying in the wrong place when I'm in a hurry LOL. I notice it can make you drowsy and I have been sleeping really well and thats not because of not having to get up at night when in bed as that wasn't much of a problem anyway."

she c March 31, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "Rubbish! It did absolutely nothing..."

Mikael23 March 19, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I am a 38 year old female diagnosed with MSK, Overactive Bladder and Stomach Ulcers. I've been prescribed Vesicare and have been taking it for a few weeks. I have noticed that I'm not getting up as much at night but I still sometimes have to run to the restroom during the day. My concerns after taking this med is I'm not feeling like myself. And after reading the side effects I have noticed that I'm experiencing everything listed literally. I'm also afraid it may be interacting with my other meds. This medication is expensive also, don't think I should continue to use it especially since I'll have to take it for the remainder of my life. Continuing on my search for relief."

NUP February 17, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I had a urinary tract infection and the doctor ordered it to help me urinate less until the antibiotics kicked in. It probably did help for that but generally I haven't seen a big difference. I would say that I am about the same as I usually am. The first time I took it was in the evening and I was extremely tired and wanted to sleep around 8pm )I usually only go to bed/sleep around midnight. Yesterday I was completely zonked. I slept for most of the day. Last night I was looking online on my phone and was searching can a UTI make you tired and came across this site. I realized that my vision is blurry (I thought it was just being over tired) and that it can cause "fatique". I hadn't put these down to side effects. I am stopping immediately"

Teresa Leslie February 10, 2016

For Overactive Bladder: "Been on vesicare for 3 months but now terrible constipation. Has anyone tried taking a dose every second day. Was the drug still effective?"

annjj February 5, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "My experience with this drug wasn't pleasant. I got completely blocked after 5 days of taking the pills and was unable to do both number 1 and 2. Even my period was late, which does not normally happen. I ended up in an emergency room with severe stomach pains. The other side effects such as lack of concentration, tiredness and headache were easy to deal with, it is just a matter of getting used to them. I would have stayed on those pills because I felt less need to urine than I used to, which finally has given me a relief, however I had no other choice then stop taking them, and take pills to help me move the urine and bowel motion out of my body."

Anonymous February 5, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I am a 33 year old female with overactive bladder. Vesicare is the only medication that has literally fixed the problem. I didn't realize how bad my bladder problem was until I started taking it and realizing that I didn't have to get up 3-5 times at night and I didn't have that constant pinching in my bladder anymore. Now the problem is I can't afford Vesicare. I tried using that momentum program they have and that helped bring the price down, but my insurance company changed and now they want me to pay $210 a month. I just can't afford it."

Michelle DS February 1, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: "I started taking 5mg 2 months ago and by the 2nd night I had my first dry night in months and even on the first night it was significantly better. It has completely changed my life. Unfortunately in this last week I have had 2 episodes of incontinence and have become concerned that I might need to increase the dose. Initially I had dry eyes, blurred vision, headache with some nausea but this settled. I am left with blurred vision sometimes. I willingly put up with the side effects as the alternative is untenable."

drynightsareworthit (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I have PPMS/Multiple Sclerosis and have been on .5mg for 2 years, has helped considerably, yes some dry mouth but drink more water. I'm a 54 year old male, and with MS I cannot honestly tell you that I have less or more joint pain as this is what MS is all about, but wetting my pants was no fun! I really can't complain much about side affect's but would like to try to try every other day. Oh, and I still can get an erection! Just need a wife to help on that one!"

Braves#1 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 6, 2015

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: "I am a taxi driver and I had a difficult to driving as I always needed a toilet urgently. After taking this medication within two days big changes in my life. I become a normal person and I can hold urine as long as I want. So far no side effects. Dosage was a 5 mg"

Soloman13 November 18, 2015

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I've taken Vesicare for 3 weeks now and my overactive bladder has improved significantly. Before I was back and forth to the bathroom all day at work and nights were the worst. 5 to 6 times throughout the night had my life completly messed up. So far I think I've only experienced dry mouth and I'm hoping that's all I experience because this medicine has changed my life."

Brooklyn Casey October 20, 2015

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "Been having cold like symptoms. Running nose, sneezing, stomach pain, constipation, heart beating too fast. I've been taken only 4 days but stopped today. Side effects are too much and they're making me miserable."

LaTrese (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2015

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "This is my third time on vesicare. After seeing several doctors with symptoms of UTIs and having pathology determine there was no infection I was diagnosed with urethral syndrome. I usually take 5mg per day and the condition clears up within a week and I can stop the medication. No more tenderness, spasms or urgency. Some dry mouth, but that's easily solved."

DGMcLaren October 14, 2015

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I started Vesicare 3 weeks ago. I did help me a little for my overactive bladder but my eyesight is getting very blurry. Also my myopia is worsening. I can read a book without my reading glasses now, so my myopia is worsened by -1. I am going to stop taking it and hope for my eyesight to return to normal."

Ger57 (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2015

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "This medication initially was very helpful in helping me get my urinary problems under control. During the first month of treatment, it caused extreme dry mouth and dry eyes. By week six,it caused heartburn and upset stomach. At first, I did not make the connection between the drug and my symptoms, but after thinking about it, the possibility of Vesicare being the culprit became very real to me.. I used this website to confirm my suspicions. I have decided to inform my doctor and curtail daily usage, less things get worse."

Geeta 7 September 15, 2015

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "Caused dry mouth, headaches, weight gain and pain in lower back. Now seeing a physio as my back hurts so much. I'm on 10mg a day. Within one month running to the toilet was normalised and I slept all night without needing to get up numerous times. Someone else mentioned affect on eye sight. I have experienced this too but hadn't thought to link it to the drugs."

Tori1979 September 11, 2015

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "This is my second day on Veslcare. I will not take it another day. My throat and tongue are on fire and I feel very nervous and anxious. The first day it did help my overactive bladder, but the side effects are not worth the benefit. This was a sample from my doctor so I'm glad I didn't have to pay for it."

JWilmeth September 4, 2015

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "Taking 1/2 a 5 mg tablet which has reduced the number of times I needed to go to toilet. I find that vesicare causes blurry vision, memory. Some memory problems and dry mouth. I take Movicol am and pm ( laxative) and Biotene for dry mouth and also feel somewhat tired and lack motivation. I hope in 3 month when I trial not taking it for 2 weeks will work as the side effects and the price of tablets make me short tempered."

Ginnyredhat August 21, 2015

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I love this. I don't go all the time and the flow is strong. I had dry mouth in the beginning but that is subsiding. I don't have any other side effects. It feels great to sleep through the night without going. I feel normal again."

ladyrevette August 9, 2015

For Urinary Incontinence: "I can't believe the difference it's made we took my grandson out went to the toilet once in four hours before I had to go every 10 mins. I have even sneezed and no leak - it's changed my life"

No leeky July 25, 2015

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "Have been on Vesicare for 3 or 4 years now and am on 10mg a day. I remember the doctor saying that dry mouth can be a side effect but now after reading all these comments about constipation and pain etc I'm a little concerned that she never warned me about these, although I have never experienced these if I had done I would have not connected it to being a side effect from the medication. I notice that if I stop taking it for a week or so things get bad and I have no control whatsoever. I feel like I will be on this medication for a very very long time but I guess its worth it. Even though I am taking 10mg a day I still go toilet a lot but I have some control back which is great, people still comment on the amount of times I go toilet."

Sillysocks101 April 30, 2015

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I started taking this medication and within a few days I noticed the bottom of my feet were getting sensations like air bubbles. At first that did not bother me but then it turned painful. As soon as I stopped the bubbles were less intense and went away after a few more days. The accidents I had were still there. I did not seem to have any effect on the frequency either."

under 30 (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2015

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: "I am stopping this medication because of the side effects. I am too weak to walk farther than about 20 feet without stopping--bent over and holding on to something. I cannot function this way. I The pain in my upper abdomen is awful. Also, I experienced nausea, dizziness, blurred vision, tightness around the chest and severe fatigue. I loved not having to get up at night, but the near diarrhea caused other problems. I sleep almost 10 hours per night and take frequent naps. I have been told I am pale and walk like a drunken sailor. I am stopping this medication because of the side effects."

wet in indiana (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2015

For Overactive Bladder: "Suffered urge incontinence for over 40 years. Now 77. Pelvic floor exercises as advised by G.P. did not work and incontinence (mild) and frequency especially at night was an increasing problem. Saw consultant who prescribed Solifenacin and the improvement after a month is good- get up once a night instead of 3-4 times so sleep better. Problem is side effects! Dry mouth and nasal passage not really a problem but blurred vision and being dazzled by bright sun, car headlights when driving, plus some cognitive deterioration and constipation is proving a bit of a worry. Not sure if I will carry on long term."

UK Angel (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2014