User Reviews for Solifenacin

Also known as: VESIcare

Learn more about Solifenacin.

Urinary Incontinence 21 reviews 50 medications

7.1
Overactive Bladder 35 reviews 22 medications

6.4
Summary of Solifenacin reviews 56 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Solifenacin

Review by OAB Since Birth (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Overactive Bladder: I have had an Overactive bladder for my whole life. This medicine is the only one that has helped me, and I have had zero side effects from it. I have been taking this for 5 years now. No issues. Still on the 5mg dose.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 18, 2014 12:32 PM

Review by gez (taken for 1 to 2 years):

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: Taking Vesicare for overactive bladder and bladder irritation. I have been on this for over one year. It helped somewhat for the overactive bladder and irritation. Makes my mouth very dry and blurred my vision pretty bad. I don't know if I will continue this medication as I do not think the side effects are worth it. Also made me BLOATED.

April 12, 2014 4:04 PM

Review by fredag:

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: I started using Versicare about 7 months ago and it worked fantastic. Side effects is going to make me stop it today, dry mouth, raspy voice, blurred vision, sore throat, constipation and leg cramps (we use to call them charlie horses) I am 81 years old and can't stand the pain in my leg all day and night is worse. But for the incontinence it was a blessing not to have to run to the bathroom every few hours and not make it home from shopping without being wet. I have tried Detrol but get terrific headaches from that. Will see my Dr. and hopefully we can work something out. I am on the 5 mg.

March 24, 2014 10:19 AM

Review by 123987 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: I am only 26 and was going to the bathroom every hour, and sometimes every half an hour during the day. I took Vesicare for 7 months and saw a decent decrease in the amount of trips to the bathroom. However, I was often constipated, bloated, had a headache, and experienced a change in eye prescription. I stopped taking the medication and switched to another. It took 6 months before my eye prescription stabilized to where it had originally been before Vesicare.

March 11, 2014 7:18 PM

Review by mortar (taken for less than 1 month):

For Overactive Bladder: I have been prescribed solfenacin for overactive bladder but within 2 days I was constipated. I kept up the dose while trying to alleviate the bowel problem. Eventually I stopped the solfenacin after 4 days dosing and then 3 days after that my bowel responded, after it had been helped with natural stimulants such as prunes & liquorice. Solfenacin has a long half life so I think I have now resumed dosage but will take 2 on 2 successive days then another 3 days later. The OAB was not excessively bad so I will see how it responds before my next visit to the specialist & whether the night trip/s to the toilet becomes a thing of the past.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 24, 2014 10:55 PM

Review by Gyndocal (taken for 1 to 6 months):

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: Took this medicine along with Uroxatral for slow stream and urinary frequency, both secondary to radiation cystitis caused by brachytherapy. Vesicare caused slight mouth dryness at 5mg, severe mouth dryness and bad taste at 10mg.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 1, 2014 3:42 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: I took one dosage, and it made me ill.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 5, 2013 7:23 PM

Review by vonhoho (taken for less than 1 month):

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: I am a male with overactive bladder. Initially treated for prostrate problem, as usual for men, but I have no prostrate difficulty. Asked Dr. for Vesicare, afrter reviewing symptoms on internet sources. Vesicare is targeted at women by the drug co. Astellas, but I had the same symtoms. Started with the 5mg dose, and my symtoms significantly improved within first few days. Severe bathroom urges every hour or two. Woke up to pee several times at night, sometimes every 2 hours; miss a bathroom, and pee in pants. A week later after starting Vesicare, get up once a night, or not at all, and bathroom visits are once in 3-5 hours. Wow, got my life back. Only nasty side effect is constipation, cured by taking pill less frequently than daily.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2013 4:11 PM

Review by Nohoch:

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: Wow! My urinary incontinence started several years ago and I've been wearing pads. I decided it was time to let my doctor order me a pill. He gave me samples of Vesicare and I have taken them for one month. They really worked for me. Now when I get the urge, I head for the bathroom immediately but I have not wet my pants. I have not had the side effects that some of you have had. I have had a "raspy" voice a few times but chalked it up to postnasal drip which I've always had but even that has cleared up some so maybe that's the "dry mouth" part of it but it's certainly is not a problem..I still have lots of saliva. It's expensive even with my insurance covering 80% but after reading other medicine reviews, I guess I'll stay with it.

October 17, 2013 1:15 PM

Review by Busymum6 (taken for less than 1 month):

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: Over the past few years I have tried all the medication for a overactive bladder that is available through my doctors. This medication for me is the best one, it works really well and I have no symptoms of an overactive bladder and helps with my bladder leaking. The only reason I did not give it 10/10 is the side effects dry mouth, thirst, and I do feel very tired when taking this tablet.

August 14, 2013 10:20 AM

Review by beehubb:

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: I've been using Vesicare for approximately one month. It really does work; however, the side effects are too bothersome for me to continue using. My mouth is constantly dry, and I have a seriously terrible sore throat and hoarse voice. I could deal with the dry mouth, but not the sore throat.

March 15, 2013 3:32 PM

Review by Kate1247:

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: Prescribed for urinary incontinence, notably stress incontinence. I started with 5mg (eventually began10 mg.) of Vesicare and it worked overnight. When I am running low on tablets and payday is off in the future, I have good success with taking 10mg. every other night. Side effects: 1. Very dry mouth, but good excuse to drink more water; keep TicTacs handy; over time it has greatly diminished. 2. Drowsiness: I started taking it at night. 3) Constipation: drank more water and took a daily stool softener until my body readjusted.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 24, 2013 7:25 PM

Review by loualla (taken for 1 to 6 months):

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: At the age of 59 and after 2 bladder surgeries, I was beside myself with my leakage problems. I have been taking Vesicare for 5 weeks now and am a totally new person. I no longer run into the house making a beeline to the bathroom. I can control my urge until I get the the bathroom. No massive leaks or unable to stop. Vesicare started working after 2 days. As far as I can tell, I have no noticeable side effects.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 20, 2013 6:14 PM

Review by califgirl510 (taken for less than 1 month):

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: I tried the medication first with the other medications given to me by my doctor. Then I tried it while off the other medicines. Both times I got totally debilitating headaches. They affected both the head and the stomach. I have given it all the chances I am willing to give.

January 12, 2013 3:49 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: I am a young and very ctive woman - I've had numerous bladder and kidney infections which have weekened my urethra - I started off with the patches but I ended up getting a severe reaction to the sticky stuff, so I've now been taking 5mg tab for a year and the difference is amazing, I am back to my full fitness without weeing myself. The only side effect I get is a really dry mouth, but that's better than nothing.

November 5, 2012 7:56 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: I am a 27 year old female. I started noticing that I was going to the bathroom on average 12 times a day. I was losing sleep because I would get up 2 or 3 times a night, at work I was constantly running to the bathroom what seemed like every hour. I went to my obgyn who gave me a test and started me on 10mg of Vesicare. Within the first day I saw instant results. I have been taking it for over a month and about 2weeks ago I started to have severe abdominal pains, constipation and lower back pains, as well as light colored poop. I lowered my dosage to 5mg and everything seemed to get better until today. Same severe side effects again. I had to stop taking it.

October 24, 2012 8:16 PM

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: I have been on different medications for the past year to treat overactive bladder. I would also be unable to make it to the toilet before I needed to empty my bladder. I have been on Vesicare for 3 days. Fantastic, I cannot believe the difference. No more embarrassing moments, I am dry all day and night. I can make it to the toilet in time. I am no longer waking up throughout the night needing the toilet. No side effects also which I found with all the other medication I have tried. I was considering surgery but I don't think i will need to have surgery now.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 19, 2012 4:21 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: This worked great for me in regards to my overactive bladder. Sadly, it also made me feel like I had a urinary tract infection most of the time. NOT a good feeling.

August 9, 2012 5:04 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: Little positive results. Caused excessive dry mouth and markedly reduced ejaculate.

June 13, 2012 3:21 PM

Review by twenty2 (taken for less than 1 month):

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: I took Vesicare l hr before dinner. About 1am, woke up with severe abdominal pain. Thought I would have to go to the Emergency room. Then I started with diarrhea and the pain subsided.

June 3, 2012 4:18 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: I take Vesicare for bladder spasms/irritable bladder. Vesicare has helped with the spasms, but I have blurred vision, and fatigue. I am going to continue to take Vesicare at this time, but I am thinking I am going to have to do something different soon.

May 7, 2012 1:11 PM

Review by geekygirl:

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: I was wearing continence pads and feeling so self conscious and miserable. My incontinence is down to nerve failure from neuropathy. I am 43 and felt like my life was over. After 1 tablet my life changed. I have been on it for 6 months now and never have to wear a pad. Yes I have horrible dry mouth but I consider that a small price to pay to have my freedom back.

April 23, 2012 10:45 AM

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: 5mg is not effective 10mg is too strong I would like a 7+mg tablet

April 14, 2012 2:57 PM

Review by Very Disapponted.:

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: It worked with taking another overactive bladder medicine. But eventually I experienced severe fatigue, blurred vision, weight gain and mostly it caused me intimacy problems. I discontinued it, got it all back.

March 8, 2012 7:33 PM

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: I have used Vesicare 5mg for 14 days and it worked well this first week. Now I'm back to wearing pads and I'm experiencing cloudy urine with a hint of blood, blurred vision and a 5 lb weight gain. I've stopped this medicine, obviously it's not right for me. Hoping to try something else.

March 4, 2012 8:31 AM