User Reviews for Myrbetriq

Learn more about Myrbetriq.

Overactive Bladder 42 reviews 22 medications

7.2
Urinary Incontinence 12 reviews 49 medications

6.7
Summary of Myrbetriq reviews 54 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Myrbetriq

For Urinary Incontinence "I have delt with incontinence for years but learned how to "deal" with it such as crossing my legs before I sneezed, running to the bathroom if I needed to cough, and wearing a thick bulky pad all day incase I started laughing to hard.. This got worse after my hysterectomy and unbearable after my ovaries where removed.. Since my body tends to reject sutures of any type doctors will only do procedures if absolutely necessary I'm not a candidate for the bladder sling... Myrbetriq is a life saver.. I have been on it for 3 months now and yes I have side effects I now take a stool softener for the constipation and make sure that I have something to drink by my bed at night for dry mouth and hard candy to get rid of the problem during the day.."

Jenny K January 31, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "Myrbetriq 50mg has been great...I suffered for years with urgency, frequency and incontinence. Within 2 weeks the medication was allowing me more time between episodes and without the side effects I was having with Toviaz and Enablex. From the research I did prior to taking this medication, many other Pharma companies are currently studying their version of a Beta 3 agonist to treat OAB...This must be the future of treating this condition? Thank you Astellas for being the first."

Tiny Tank (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 14, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "helped a little but still have a problem with urgency"

toucanman (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 11, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "Has help sudden urges but still have frequent urination"

Ping Pong December 29, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "I can't find anyone else that experiences this, but I swear when I take this medication it sometimes makes my symptoms worse. At least 3-4 times a week it is like my bladder just fills up over and over really fast with tons of clear urine. I don't know where it comes from. It most often happens first thing in the morning so there is little to no way of ever sleeping in on my day off. If I am not exhausted, my bladder won't let me sleep but so much. This morning it was every 15-30 mins I was urinating like I had been chugging gallons of water. Sometimes it follows me to work and since I am on the road with my job, I am in complete hell at times. I do not have diabetes. Drs say at least my kidneys are good. Yet the misery continues."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 14, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "Miracle drug when I started it three years ago. I had been on every drug before. Recently needed a bladder lift and hoped those new symptoms would stop. Now I have bad issues with urgency and can't make it to the bathroom. The Myrbetricq is not helping at all. In fact I quit taking it a week ago and I seem better. I am getting ready to try the electrode implants in case this may be a nerve issue. I have been chasing this cure for more that 15 years."

WaWagardens November 15, 2015

For Urinary Incontinence "I have mixed incontinence. I saw results within a few days. It was awesome! A great relief! BUT my mouth was sooo dry. My sinus felt thick and not draining well. And worst of all, I had constant constipation. I used the drug for 5 weeks, hoping side effects would subside. They didn't. I decided to stop taking it, due the discomfort and concerns of the extreme dryness. Since its an extended release med, the effects lasted a few more weeks after I stopped! Too bad the side effects outweighed the benefit for me."

Mtsw October 10, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "dry mouth"

alank1 October 6, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "I took Myrbetriq three times over a week. It stopped the urinary urgency it was prescribed to treat but caused serious demetia. I would not be able to function if I took this drug regularly. Dry mouth I could handle, not dementia."

P.G. September 18, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "I have had issues with bladder leakage for years. My doc did the mesh implant and I still have some, not as much, but some leaks. After a few questions, he determined that I had "over active bladder" problems as well. I've been on this medication now for about 6 weeks. At first, I was on 25 mg and still had not so perfect results, he bumped it up to 50 mg and I have no problems now. So far, no side effects and I'm thrilled with the results. Expensive, yes...there is a $50 card on their website, if that helps. I would definitely recommend."

Dixie-Girl September 15, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "Better bladder control started within several weeks. after the first 3 months I noted a decrease in efficacy"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "I have been taking this for almost a year. I was in the hospital over the week end. They thought I had a stroke. The doctor checked my scripts and told me my high blood pressure and a lot of my other symptoms were caused by this drug. I have been off it for 2 days now and really feel a LOT better. This medication was a mirical pill that worked great but the side effects are too much for me. I ended up with almost all of them."

Lindohay (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 1, 2015

For Urinary Incontinence "I noticed a big improvement right after starting this medication. I no longer have the urgency to go to the bathroom and/or the leakage I used to have. I have had no side effects at all. I love this medication and had tried others before it. This works the best."

Leigh H August 29, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "I have multiple sclerosis. This medication cased me dizziness, worsened balance and significantly increased tremor while affording very little relief of urinary symptoms. I have taken the samples for ten days and still need the bathroom every two to three hours with urgency. Will discontinue now. Not worth it."

Just kittens August 20, 2015

For Urinary Incontinence "After a day or two of taking this my former feeling of incomplete emptying was gone and it is a wonderful feeling! However... I've been excessively tired after 1-2 days of taking it and both my mouth and sinuses are super dry which has resulted in a bloody nose that never really heals. This medication seems to do the trick, which is awesome, but with these side-effects I'm done taking it. O well.."

Bmanplancan2 (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "I took this for 2 months. I felt terrible all the time. So tired I could barely motivate and my heart raced out of my body. Told my Dr. and have since stopped taking it. Went back to what I was taking for years with no problem."

Claygram August 2, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "After 3 days of taking went to Dr with stroke like symptoms Dr said it was common with this drug"

Soldiercreator (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "Horrible! I took one 25 mg pill 30 hours ago, and my heart has been racing ever since. I feel like I'm on crack and can't sleep at all. This is the most miserable feeling. I called the pharmacist, and she said that Myrbetriq has a 50-hour half life, which means that it's still another 20 hours before even half of the drug will be out of my system. On the flip side, I've had no overactive bladder whatsoever since I took it. As soon as I recover from this fiasco, I'm going back to Oxytrol Patch."

sparklingsoul (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2015

For Urinary Incontinence "After menopause I developed urge incontinence. My urologist gave me Myrbetriq and it stopped my incontinence completely within 1 month. However, I was also taking flecainide; found out the two should not be taken together, so I quit the Myrbetriq for about a year. After my cardiologist weaned me off the Flecainide, I began the Myrbetriq again; I'm disappointed to say that although it has helped, the results this time are not like they were when I initially took the drug. I still must wear pads and am debating whether to continue taking the drug."

BB55 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2015

For Urinary Incontinence "There has been absolutely no change in the ability to control the flow of urine. It has been extremely frustrating. Length of time on medication: 2 1/2 to 3 months."

JeanU (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "I have been on this medication ,50mg for about a 1 1/2 and it changed my life. I had tried vesicare and one more kind and after 3 months, all of the other stopped. I give this a 100 out of 10. Downside, very expensive. I pay 275.00 a month until 1200 deductable met and that's with insurance."

kristy o June 11, 2015

For Urinary Incontinence "i did not see any improvement in my incontenance."

B'sgg (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 28, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "Within hours Myrbetriq resulted in normal frequency and stream of urine. I expected it would take weeks to works based on product insert. I was on Vesicare but this really works for me!"

joyce zarling (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "I tried 4 different medications for overactive bladder prior to Myrbetriq. All of them included terrible side effects. Myrbetriq is one of the medications for overactive bladder with limited side effects. I was having constipation, inability to urinate, and other symptoms when trying the various older overactive bladder medicines. Myrbetriq was night and day compared to the others, and I highly recommend anyone to give it a try if the other more affordable options are not working. If you can afford the cost until it goes off patent, then I would try Myrbetriq first due to the limited side effects. I currently do not experience any noticeable side effects."

Ralph1010 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 9, 2015

For Urinary Incontinence "I see many comments about the cost. Google Myrbetric copay assistance and you can get the first script free (By The Way a 90 day works for the first script free) after that it will cover up to the first $50. You simply fill out the form and print the card then bring to your pharmacy. Unfortunately you can't use with government insurance."

helpful? February 21, 2015