User Reviews for Myrbetriq

Learn more about Myrbetriq.

Overactive Bladder 47 reviews 22 medications

6.8
Urinary Incontinence 15 reviews 49 medications

Summary of Myrbetriq reviews 62 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Myrbetriq

For Overactive Bladder "I've been on Myrbetriq for at least two months with no noticeable improvement in my O.A.B. Increased dosage to 50 mg still no improvement . It doesn't work for me !"

Bogey Bob April 22, 2016

For Urinary Incontinence "Started at 25mg the first month - no effect. Moved to 50mg for another month - no effect. Taking this is like taking a sugar pill. For 1/10th the cost, I can go back to oxybutynin and regain control. I liked the absence of the dry mouth, but the absence of the control is worse. I say "no effect", but it did seem slightly better than taking nothing at all, so I gave it a 2."

Dianne435g April 17, 2016

For Urinary Incontinence "Worked immediately on controlling my bladder; however, the upper respiratory hacking cough with accompanying sputum has hurt my chest and back. At times, the urge to cough has caused a choking sensation as well. Not worth the side effects for me."

EYW April 3, 2016

For Urinary Incontinence "I am on my second month of this medication and I am experiencing leg cramps (charlie horses) Is anyone else having this effect on them. My results are very good. Need to keep evaluating this. Will check with you later with my latest effects."

Stella from humble, tx (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I agree with all reviews of people saying that it made the problem worse!!! Had not even read reviews when i decided to look up symptoms and sure enough it is a true statement that it makes the problem WORSE! One of the symptoms is also leg and thigh pain and that has almost gone away. Only happened at night while sleeping!! ALSO and more importantly rose my blood pressure on 25 mgs. once a day. Certainly had no quality of life! Expensive, but i truly thought it would solve the problem. VERY ineffective drug with severe side effects!!!!!!!!!"

Barbaraita February 24, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "Took 25mg first week, now started on 50mg. First 3 days of increasing med started having increased frequency...I am talking every 15 mins or less. I hurt I have to go so much. Don't know if this is typical of this med, as I have read other reviews that state this. I will try it a couple more days to see if it improves and if not will quit using. Dr said this med doesn't cause the dry mouth like others, but mouth is slightly dry. Scares me about the B/P."

Stassi (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "This medication was a complete nightmare for me. At first it even increased my frequency in needing to urinate. The side effects of this medication were unbearable for me though and it caused me to have to stop taking this medication even when I did start seeing slight improvement in my need to urinate after two weeks. I was being treated for migraines and this medication brought my migraines back full force and even my ocular migraines came back despite still being on my migraine treatment. I would experience typical headaches almost daily as well lasting 1-3 hours and sometimes more than twice a day. I also experienced constipation, bloating and mild to moderate upper abdominal pain. The constipation caused weight gain. Nausea as well."

MeganATX February 16, 2016

For Urinary Incontinence "I have delt with incontinence for years but learned how to "deal" with it such as crossing my legs before I sneezed, running to the bathroom if I needed to cough, and wearing a thick bulky pad all day incase I started laughing to hard.. This got worse after my hysterectomy and unbearable after my ovaries where removed.. Since my body tends to reject sutures of any type doctors will only do procedures if absolutely necessary I'm not a candidate for the bladder sling... Myrbetriq is a life saver.. I have been on it for 3 months now and yes I have side effects I now take a stool softener for the constipation and make sure that I have something to drink by my bed at night for dry mouth and hard candy to get rid of the problem during the day.."

Jenny K January 31, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "Just started on it. It worked very well then did not work at all. Upped script to 50 mg and is working again. When it works it works so well. I am very hopeful.no side effects."

Colleen2299 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 26, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "Myrbetriq 50mg has been great...I suffered for years with urgency, frequency and incontinence. Within 2 weeks the medication was allowing me more time between episodes and without the side effects I was having with Toviaz and Enablex. From the research I did prior to taking this medication, many other Pharma companies are currently studying their version of a Beta 3 agonist to treat OAB...This must be the future of treating this condition? Thank you Astellas for being the first."

Tiny Tank (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 14, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "helped a little but still have a problem with urgency"

toucanman (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 11, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "Has help sudden urges but still have frequent urination"

Ping Pong December 29, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "I can't find anyone else that experiences this, but I swear when I take this medication it sometimes makes my symptoms worse. At least 3-4 times a week it is like my bladder just fills up over and over really fast with tons of clear urine. I don't know where it comes from. It most often happens first thing in the morning so there is little to no way of ever sleeping in on my day off. If I am not exhausted, my bladder won't let me sleep but so much. This morning it was every 15-30 mins I was urinating like I had been chugging gallons of water. Sometimes it follows me to work and since I am on the road with my job, I am in complete hell at times. I do not have diabetes. Drs say at least my kidneys are good. Yet the misery continues."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 14, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "Miracle drug when I started it three years ago. I had been on every drug before. Recently needed a bladder lift and hoped those new symptoms would stop. Now I have bad issues with urgency and can't make it to the bathroom. The Myrbetricq is not helping at all. In fact I quit taking it a week ago and I seem better. I am getting ready to try the electrode implants in case this may be a nerve issue. I have been chasing this cure for more that 15 years."

WaWagardens November 15, 2015

For Urinary Incontinence "I have mixed incontinence. I saw results within a few days. It was awesome! A great relief! BUT my mouth was sooo dry. My sinus felt thick and not draining well. And worst of all, I had constant constipation. I used the drug for 5 weeks, hoping side effects would subside. They didn't. I decided to stop taking it, due the discomfort and concerns of the extreme dryness. Since its an extended release med, the effects lasted a few more weeks after I stopped! Too bad the side effects outweighed the benefit for me."

Mtsw October 10, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "dry mouth"

alank1 October 6, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "I took Myrbetriq three times over a week. It stopped the urinary urgency it was prescribed to treat but caused serious demetia. I would not be able to function if I took this drug regularly. Dry mouth I could handle, not dementia."

P.G. September 18, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "I have had issues with bladder leakage for years. My doc did the mesh implant and I still have some, not as much, but some leaks. After a few questions, he determined that I had "over active bladder" problems as well. I've been on this medication now for about 6 weeks. At first, I was on 25 mg and still had not so perfect results, he bumped it up to 50 mg and I have no problems now. So far, no side effects and I'm thrilled with the results. Expensive, yes...there is a $50 card on their website, if that helps. I would definitely recommend."

Dixie-Girl September 15, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "Better bladder control started within several weeks. after the first 3 months I noted a decrease in efficacy"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "I have been taking this for almost a year. I was in the hospital over the week end. They thought I had a stroke. The doctor checked my scripts and told me my high blood pressure and a lot of my other symptoms were caused by this drug. I have been off it for 2 days now and really feel a LOT better. This medication was a mirical pill that worked great but the side effects are too much for me. I ended up with almost all of them."

Lindohay (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 1, 2015

For Urinary Incontinence "I noticed a big improvement right after starting this medication. I no longer have the urgency to go to the bathroom and/or the leakage I used to have. I have had no side effects at all. I love this medication and had tried others before it. This works the best."

Leigh H August 29, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "I have multiple sclerosis. This medication cased me dizziness, worsened balance and significantly increased tremor while affording very little relief of urinary symptoms. I have taken the samples for ten days and still need the bathroom every two to three hours with urgency. Will discontinue now. Not worth it."

Just kittens August 20, 2015

For Urinary Incontinence "After a day or two of taking this my former feeling of incomplete emptying was gone and it is a wonderful feeling! However... I've been excessively tired after 1-2 days of taking it and both my mouth and sinuses are super dry which has resulted in a bloody nose that never really heals. This medication seems to do the trick, which is awesome, but with these side-effects I'm done taking it. O well.."

Bmanplancan2 (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "I took this for 2 months. I felt terrible all the time. So tired I could barely motivate and my heart raced out of my body. Told my Dr. and have since stopped taking it. Went back to what I was taking for years with no problem."

Claygram August 2, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "After 3 days of taking went to Dr with stroke like symptoms Dr said it was common with this drug"

Soldiercreator (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2015