User Reviews for Tolterodine

Also known as: Detrol, Detrol LA

Learn more about Tolterodine.

Overactive Bladder 24 reviews 22 medications

7.2
Urinary Incontinence 4 reviews 50 medications

6.4
Summary of Tolterodine reviews 28 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Tolterodine

Review by Goldfish82 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Detrol (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: Worth every penny!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 5, 2013 9:25 PM
Review by itzme (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Detrol LA (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: 62 year old male with overactive bladder symptoms for 15 years. Seems to be caused by nerve damage in lumbar vertebra. Was going to bathroom every twenty minutes. Taking Detrol LA for nine years allows me to extend that to, usually, three or four hours between bathroom visits. Down to once at night, used to go several times at night. It does have side effects, like dry mouth, sluggish thinking, and a few others, but the trade-off would be to spend my life hovering around a bathroom.

November 21, 2013 2:15 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Detrol (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: I had Detrol and saw its effect in two days..but it gave me such intense headache that I couldn't tolerate it.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 16, 2013 3:06 AM
Review by The Cat Lady (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Detrol (tolterodine) for Urinary Incontinence: I just received the medication today. So far so good. My pad is dry. I don't have severe dry mouth.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 8, 2013 8:21 PM
Review by DiMurf (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Detrol (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: My insurance recently raised my cost for Detrol so I switched to Oxybutynin. I am going back to Detrol as soon as possible, as it worked much better for me with no side effects. The Oxybutynin caused moderate to severe stomach pain and and I was spending much of my morning in the bathroom. I will gladly pay the $69.00 as trade-off in cost was not worth the side effects of the less expensive medicine.

June 25, 2013 12:57 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Detrol (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: I think I would give up food before I would give up my Detrol. It has saved my social life. I was willing to pay $70 per month before I got better insurance.

April 8, 2013 9:33 AM
Review by nhf7170: User Rating:

tolterodine for Overactive Bladder: Ever since high school, I've had problems with having to go all the time. After almost 25 years suffering (and having gone to a urologist who found nothing), my PCP prescribed this. For me, it works even better than the manufacturer claims in its marketing.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 24, 2013 9:00 PM
Review by mindykoz (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Detrol LA (tolterodine) for Urinary Incontinence: Only saw results for the first couple of months.

December 7, 2012 8:24 PM
Review by Not good: User Rating:

Detrol LA (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: Took it for 2 weeks and my condition got worse. Not worth the side effects--dry eyes, mouth and skin, lethargic and sleepy. Had to go 5-6 times a night and sometimes 10 times before lunch.

March 11, 2012 8:30 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Detrol LA (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: The side effects were intolerable and it was not effective in minimizing bladder spasms with resulting leakage/incontinence.

January 20, 2012 3:27 PM
Review by Teafor2: User Rating:

Detrol LA (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: Miracle medicine - where was it 8 years ago?

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 9, 2011 1:27 AM
Review by cockney sparra: User Rating:

tolterodine for Overactive Bladder: I have found they have helped my bladder but my feet and ankles are very swollen so will have to stop them.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 24, 2011 7:14 PM
Review by justcallmemr: User Rating:

Detrol (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: I have used Detrol for two months and it fixed the problem but it gave me headaches everyday. I am switching to Vesicare to see if it works for me.

December 2, 2010 7:40 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Detrol LA (tolterodine) for Urinary Incontinence: Expensive but it works! No negative side effects.

September 17, 2010 9:42 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Detrol LA (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: 52 year old female with years of frequency, especially nighttime. Have been taking Detrol LA for 1.5 years at bedtime. Worked very well until recently when I started having to get up at night again. Doctor is prescribing Synvasc but I'm not crazy about the idea of having to take it an hour before I can eat.

June 11, 2010 6:15 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Detrol (tolterodine) for Urinary Incontinence: Did nothing to lessen or correct the condition. Also, very expensive!

March 13, 2010 12:38 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

tolterodine for Overactive Bladder: I have been taking tolterodine for a few months and it has been life changing. Having a job where I can't visit the toilet at will meant that a sensitive bladder caused a lot of worry and distress. I feel I now have my life back...I can go for long walks, don't have to locate the nearest convenience at every venue I visit and can have a day in the city without worrying about queues at the Ladies. For the other contributor who said she felt they weren't as effective after a few months - keep them in the fridge. This sorted the same issue for me.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 23, 2010 4:41 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Detrol (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: I used to have some leakage, and sudden urges to urinate. Detrol has fixed all of that... but I have noted a strange side effect, I think it delays my period sometimes. I will go a week thinking I'm going to start my period and I wait. One night I forget Detrol, and I have my period. Other than that, Detrol is a wonderful pill!

December 19, 2009 2:56 PM
Review by candacia: User Rating:

Detrol LA (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: 53 yr female, started using Detrol LA 4 mg approximately 2.5 yrs ago. Also tried Enablex and Vesicare. Insurance company dropped Enablex and now is dropping Detrol. Main side-effects are constipation, headache, dry mouth. Headache goes away after a few days. Have gradually decreased dosage to 1/2 capsule daily, then 1/2 capsule 2-3x per week. This has relieved side-effects and am still pain-free. Hoping to get off medication entirely eventually.

December 3, 2009 9:23 PM
Review by susan61: User Rating:

Detrol LA (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: I started taking Vesicare for my Overactive Bladder but it's has stopped being as effective as it was for the past several years. My doctor gave me a sample of Detrol LA 5 days ago and I've had side effects. I have had a terrible head-ache, fatigue, and just felt awful. Finally figured out that it correlated to when I started on the Detrol LA. I've called and asked to switch to another medicine. I can't function this way.

November 2, 2009 1:16 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Detrol (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: Before using Detrol I was up 2-4 times a night to urinate, plus there was severe urgency. After taking Detrol for a little over a week, all of these conditions stopped. I do have some dry mouth, but it is more than acceptable considering not taking Detrol.

October 26, 2009 10:41 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Detrol (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: I love this medicine. It is so nice to not have that feeling of having to "go" all the time...especially when you are traveling. The one down side is sometimes I can't even tell when I have to go and have to push on my lower stomach to see if I do.

October 10, 2009 12:30 AM
Review by bdwebe: User Rating:

Detrol LA (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: Took Flomax by itself. It worked a little but made me dizzy. Added Detrol LA and everything worked a lot better but still got dizzy. Stopped Flomax for about 10 days and only took Detrol LA. Urgency slipped a little but was still good. Dizziness went away. Started Flomax again. Slight improvement but dizziness re-started. Detrol LA seems to be the best of the two.

September 14, 2009 3:22 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Detrol LA (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: Seemed to help at first but now it doesnt seem to work as well. I've been on it 3-4 months now. It's very expensive. I'm with United HC and its $60 a month.

September 9, 2009 10:12 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Detrol (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: I tried Detrol for overactive bladder, and it helped that problem. However, my headache increased so my doctor changed me to Vesicare which seems to be a little better.

July 21, 2009 6:10 PM