User Reviews for Tolterodine

Also known as: Detrol, Detrol LA

Learn more about Tolterodine.

Overactive Bladder 27 reviews 22 medications

7.2
Urinary Incontinence 4 reviews 49 medications

6.4
Summary of Tolterodine reviews 31 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Tolterodine

Detrol (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: "More affordable than Vesicare. Tried a few different ones. Am on month 2 on Detrol. Love it, got my life back!"

loladk July 21, 2015

Detrol (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: "It worked beautifully, except severe memory problems developed. Have reduced by half to 20mg. Memory is back but I'm getting up at least 4 times per night. Before asking to change meds will try ending beverages after 7-8 pm."

Miatagirl (taken for 10 years or more) August 16, 2014

For Overactive Bladder: "I have been on tolterodine for about 9 days now and I haven't had the embarrassing accidents but during the day I still go a lot but not as often. On the other hand I am getting more sleep only getting up once compared to 5 times as I was use to. I do get mild headaches and really dry mouth but it is worth it to not have to locate the nearest facility every where I go."

Accidents happen (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2014

Detrol (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: "Worth every penny!"

Goldfish82 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2013

Detrol LA (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: "62 year old male with overactive bladder symptoms for 15 years. Seems to be caused by nerve damage in lumbar vertebra. Was going to bathroom every twenty minutes. Taking Detrol LA for nine years allows me to extend that to, usually, three or four hours between bathroom visits. Down to once at night, used to go several times at night. It does have side effects, like dry mouth, sluggish thinking, and a few others, but the trade-off would be to spend my life hovering around a bathroom."

itzme (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 21, 2013

Detrol (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: "I had Detrol and saw its effect in two days..but it gave me such intense headache that I couldn't tolerate it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2013

Detrol (tolterodine) for Urinary Incontinence: "I just received the medication today. So far so good. My pad is dry. I don't have severe dry mouth."

The Cat Lady (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2013

Detrol (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: "My insurance recently raised my cost for Detrol so I switched to Oxybutynin. I am going back to Detrol as soon as possible, as it worked much better for me with no side effects. The Oxybutynin caused moderate to severe stomach pain and and I was spending much of my morning in the bathroom. I will gladly pay the $69.00 as trade-off in cost was not worth the side effects of the less expensive medicine."

DiMurf (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 25, 2013

Detrol (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: "I think I would give up food before I would give up my Detrol. It has saved my social life. I was willing to pay $70 per month before I got better insurance."

Anonymous April 8, 2013

For Overactive Bladder: "Ever since high school, I've had problems with having to go all the time. After almost 25 years suffering (and having gone to a urologist who found nothing), my PCP prescribed this. For me, it works even better than the manufacturer claims in its marketing."

nhf7170 March 24, 2013

Detrol LA (tolterodine) for Urinary Incontinence: "Only saw results for the first couple of months."

mindykoz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 7, 2012

Detrol LA (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: "Took it for 2 weeks and my condition got worse. Not worth the side effects--dry eyes, mouth and skin, lethargic and sleepy. Had to go 5-6 times a night and sometimes 10 times before lunch."

Not good March 11, 2012

Detrol LA (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: "The side effects were intolerable and it was not effective in minimizing bladder spasms with resulting leakage/incontinence."

Anonymous January 20, 2012

Detrol LA (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: "Miracle medicine - where was it 8 years ago?"

Teafor2 August 9, 2011

For Overactive Bladder: "I have found they have helped my bladder but my feet and ankles are very swollen so will have to stop them."

cockney sparra January 24, 2011

Detrol (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: "I have used Detrol for two months and it fixed the problem but it gave me headaches everyday. I am switching to Vesicare to see if it works for me."

justcallmemr December 2, 2010

Detrol LA (tolterodine) for Urinary Incontinence: "Expensive but it works! No negative side effects."

Anonymous September 17, 2010

Detrol LA (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: "52 year old female with years of frequency, especially nighttime. Have been taking Detrol LA for 1.5 years at bedtime. Worked very well until recently when I started having to get up at night again. Doctor is prescribing Synvasc but I'm not crazy about the idea of having to take it an hour before I can eat."

Anonymous June 11, 2010

Detrol (tolterodine) for Urinary Incontinence: "Did nothing to lessen or correct the condition. Also, very expensive!"

Anonymous March 13, 2010

For Overactive Bladder: "I have been taking tolterodine for a few months and it has been life changing. Having a job where I can't visit the toilet at will meant that a sensitive bladder caused a lot of worry and distress. I feel I now have my life back...I can go for long walks, don't have to locate the nearest convenience at every venue I visit and can have a day in the city without worrying about queues at the Ladies. For the other contributor who said she felt they weren't as effective after a few months - keep them in the fridge. This sorted the same issue for me."

Anonymous January 23, 2010

Detrol (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: "I used to have some leakage, and sudden urges to urinate. Detrol has fixed all of that... but I have noted a strange side effect, I think it delays my period sometimes. I will go a week thinking I'm going to start my period and I wait. One night I forget Detrol, and I have my period. Other than that, Detrol is a wonderful pill!"

Anonymous December 19, 2009

Detrol LA (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: "53 yr female, started using Detrol LA 4 mg approximately 2.5 yrs ago. Also tried Enablex and Vesicare. Insurance company dropped Enablex and now is dropping Detrol. Main side-effects are constipation, headache, dry mouth. Headache goes away after a few days. Have gradually decreased dosage to 1/2 capsule daily, then 1/2 capsule 2-3x per week. This has relieved side-effects and am still pain-free. Hoping to get off medication entirely eventually."

candacia December 3, 2009

Detrol LA (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: "I started taking Vesicare for my Overactive Bladder but it's has stopped being as effective as it was for the past several years. My doctor gave me a sample of Detrol LA 5 days ago and I've had side effects. I have had a terrible head-ache, fatigue, and just felt awful. Finally figured out that it correlated to when I started on the Detrol LA. I've called and asked to switch to another medicine. I can't function this way."

susan61 November 2, 2009

Detrol (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: "Before using Detrol I was up 2-4 times a night to urinate, plus there was severe urgency. After taking Detrol for a little over a week, all of these conditions stopped. I do have some dry mouth, but it is more than acceptable considering not taking Detrol."

Anonymous October 26, 2009

Detrol (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: "I love this medicine. It is so nice to not have that feeling of having to "go" all the time...especially when you are traveling. The one down side is sometimes I can't even tell when I have to go and have to push on my lower stomach to see if I do."

Anonymous October 10, 2009