User Reviews for Oxybutynin

Also known as: Anturol, Ditropan, Ditropan XL, Gelnique, Oxytrol, Oxytrol for Women, Urotrol

Learn more about Oxybutynin.

Dysuria 1 reviews 28 medications

Urinary Incontinence 29 reviews 49 medications

5.9
Summary of Oxybutynin reviews 147 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Oxybutynin

For Hyperhidrosis: "This condition came from no where I never had any problems with sweating at all so 4 years ago when I turned 30 is when it all started, usually when I was out in public I would get anxious and start sweating I'd just want the earth to open up and swallow me it was so embarrassing. I went to see my doctor and a specialist and got a medical roll on and prescribed oxybutynin, the sweating stopped under my arms but started on my face and head. It's really affected my social life as I don't want to go places because of this condition. The pills have definitely helped don't get me wrong they've just not stopped the sweating completely."

Pistol Pete !!! (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 7, 2016

For Hyperhidrosis: "I was prescribed oxybutynin Yesterday, the quality of my life has greatly improved, no more sweating and I can focus on job and talk to other people without any worries. Though mouth is just a bit dry, not a big effect. At least I have felt normal for once in my life just like everybody else, hope this great trend continues."

JackOji February 5, 2016

Ditropan (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "Started using ditropan (5mg) 3 days ago. On day one I took it with breakfast and noticed that post-shower while drying my hair (and straightening) it I didn't have a bead of sweat in sight! This dosage and medicine type has definitely kept me dry all-day long since then. I do however still sweat quite a bit at the gym but once I am done exercising I am no longer sweating at all (I would usually sweat quite a bit after the gym). I am giving it an 8/10 because it seems to wear off near the end of the day but I may just need to up the dosage a tiny bit."

ARrrrr February 1, 2016

For Overactive Bladder: "Did not experience much drop in my 'over activity' ... from 16 to 13 x a day. Worst was the patch cause large red mark on skin that stayed for days and itched."

fdoamerica (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2016

Anturol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "Sometimes I feel relief. At other times not so much, for me it isn't consistent in the effects I get I can honestly say but it's better than nothing."

vie vie January 1, 2016

For Overactive Bladder: "I took oxybutynin for 2 months recently and had no luck. I didn't have any side effects, but didn't help with my OAB at all. My doctor wrote me out a prescription for Vesicare so hopefully that will give me some relief."

luvmyboxer (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2015

For Overactive Bladder: "Started taking oxybutynin as I was having frequent need to urinate terrible bladder spasms/pressure/discomfort and need to urinate after I had already gone. It was almost constant and depressing. Sometimes I used heating pad on pelvis to relax as much as possible. Started taking oxybutynin but it wasn't helping great deal until I started taking the extended release. That has been a life saver for me. It started working within 2 weeks even though It could take up to 6 weeks to kick in. Maybe because I had already been taking the regular oxybutynin a few weeks prior. Either way a miracle and don't think I will have to increase dose at this point. I am drinking plenty of water and trying to eat plenty of fiber to avoid side effects."

Dilly2 December 28, 2015

For Urinary Incontinence: "I bought the OTC patch. I have problems with urge incontinence and thought this might help. Wore the patch for 24 hours, after a couple of hours of having it on I started noticing I was having cramps and pain, the urge got worse and I felt like I had to urinate constantly. I took the patch off and a few hours later the cramps and feeling of having to urinate constantly went away."

Sandra rae December 11, 2015

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "I absolutely love this patch! Thank you for putting it back on the shelves! I am only 45, and had trouble since my hysterectomy several years ago. In fact I was wearing a diaper to bed,not too sexy I admit! These patches are awesome and have given me back my life! They do get less sticky in the shower but I just face my body the other way, the stickies come off with no problem with goo gone or baby oil. Well worth it!"

Sapphire70 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 9, 2015

Ditropan (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "Gave me terrible urinary retention and the worse migraine ever"

red1977 (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2015

For Overactive Bladder: "It helps with the sensation of having to pee every hour, but it doesn't completely take away the uncomfortable feeling that something is wrong with my bladder."

Deb Carter (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2015

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Urinary Incontinence: "These patches have changed my life. Tired of wearing maxi pads that didn't do the job. Within 24 hours these things worked. Couldn't believe it. I'm stockpiling them, since I'm having trouble find them for some reason. I'm going to be SO unhappy if I can't find them."

Bessie55 November 9, 2015

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "Oxytrol gave me a life without looking for the closest bathroom in s panic. I can now control my urge long enough to get to a bathroom. Only problem is it's hard to find. No longer on shelves at stores."

Nancy D-J (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 22, 2015

For Hyperhidrosis: "Just got a prescription today. Took it at 2 pm walked outside in the sun, came back into the office, perspired a little but nothing like I used to. It's now 4 pm my office is at 80 degrees by now I'd have my tower fan at max but for the sake of testing if it works, I've turned it off. So far it's working my sweat isn't as bad. I do feel a little delirious kind of like taking morning Cold Medicine , allergy medicine, or balloon head best describes it. After suffering all my life with Hyperhydrosis and seeing it pass onto my nephew and nieces the pros far out weigh the cons. I'm a believer that it work for me. Sorry for the grammatical errors I wanted to share as soon as I could. SP"

Sonopsis October 21, 2015

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Urinary Incontinence: "Have been on Oxytrol for several years now and found it to work very well for me. Now I find that none of the retailers, in my area of Texas, are carrying it any more. Anyone know why? To the question of whether or not did my insurance cover this drug, it is an OTC, no insurance required."

txgee October 15, 2015

For Urinary Incontinence: "I have cystitis interstitial. Sorry for me no is good. l took it for 1 year."

Ivette m Pérez October 9, 2015

For Hyperhidrosis: "I had hyperhydrosis for years and I couldn't even drive because my hands would sweat so much I couldn't grip the wheel. My hyperhydrosis was generalized all over. I was put on rubinol forte for this... The sweats stopped within HOURS of the first dose. I now take 3mg in the morning and 3 mg at night. This drug is an antichollergenic which is why it works. If oxybutin isn't making you 100% dry, try rubinol instead. I was to the point where I was so uncomfortable in my own skin after two years of looking like I'd just had a shower all the time, I considered suicide. I tried hyoscyamine before rubinol. Which did NOTHING. Please look up rubinol on this same site drugs.com. It is prescribed for ibs, but it's side effect will stop your sweats in their tracks"

Ashley hnicole October 3, 2015

For Overactive Bladder: "Oxybutynin works very well at taking the urgency of needing the bathroom away. I am so pleased with that part of it but the side effects have become unbearable. I am severely tired due to insomnia, I could sleep all day everyday and then the foggy brain seems to be getting worse . I also have the tingle feet which just about drives me crazy - omg - I can't stand it. I am on 5mg twice a day, I have tried taking it at night and afternoon then morning and afternoon. Afternoon and night and nothing changes. I am so tired of being tired. I am thinking a doctor visit is in the best future. Sometimes I think sleeping on the toilet would be a lot better than these side effects."

blue rose October 3, 2015

Ditropan (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "Worked very well for bladder control (hopefully. Not too well for those that develop too much flow restriction). To beware of: Dry mouth Loss of interest in sex Inability to have an erection"

Bob G from Hollis Hills NY (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 28, 2015

Ditropan XL (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "Works very well for urgency, etc. An obscure side effect is diminished ability to achieve an erection (and I believe diminished sex drive as well). In addition, I developed dry mouth (no big deal). I tried the generic for Trospium extended release which did not have the same issues but probably was less effective for bladder control. PS My bladder situation was mild to moderate."

Bob G from Hollis Hills NY (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2015

Oxytrol for Women (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "I was on the gel for years, but now evidently my insurance no longer pays or it is off the market. I tried the patch and really liked it,but now I find it is off the market. WHY WHEN WE WOMEN FIND SOMETHING THAT WORKS DO THE COMPANIES TAKE IT OFF THE MARKET. Frustrated consumer."

Dama9 September 27, 2015

For Hyperhidrosis: "My hyperhidrosis condition started when I finished high school. I've tried everything under the sun for this terrible condition and noting seemed to work, not even botox. It has hindered my work and social life as well. I was always ashamed from the profuse sweating and the looks I'd get from people made sweat even more. While searching for new cure for hyperhidrosis I found this forum. After reading all of the positives and negative reviews I decided to give it a try. I made an appointment with my doctor and asked her for 15mg of oxybutynin she looked puzzled but I explained to her that this could be a inexpensive therapy. She agreed to send me the EX version and it has changed my life around for the better. No sweating wow!"

Andy28 September 22, 2015

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "I am on my first patch and though the patch stays on it is irritating on the skin. It really does work."

Apple girl September 22, 2015

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Urinary Incontinence: "When the urge hit I had to go right then. I was a slave to pads. Not very sexy. I had an innerstem put in but it did not help. The mess prescribed did not work either. The only thing that literally freed me from pads is the patch. I did not have dry mouth. I can wait to go potty for 1 hour or longer now."

Nowdry September 20, 2015

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "I think the patch worked better for me in the beginning. Less effective now. As far as the sticking I found it works best on my lower back area. You have to make sure there is no lotion or soap where you apply and then hold your hand over the patch for at least 15 sec. to make sure it adheres. The heat of your hand activiates the adhesive. Didn't work on my abdomen, caused severe itching but not on my backside. My local Walmart is out of stock. I am going to try eBay."

Bijoux10 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 24, 2015