User Reviews for Oxybutynin

Also known as: Anturol, Ditropan, Ditropan XL, Gelnique, Oxytrol, Oxytrol for Women, Urotrol

Learn more about Oxybutynin.

Dysuria 1 reviews 23 medications

Hyperhidrosis 8 reviews 9 medications

Prostatitis 1 reviews 46 medications

Overactive Bladder 79 reviews 22 medications

6.9
Urinary Incontinence 23 reviews 49 medications

Summary of Oxybutynin reviews 112 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Oxybutynin

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "I've been on the patch for almost 24 hours now. the only issue i am having is bad stomach cramps along with diarrhea so hopefully that stops in the next few days. I don't want to get my hopes up just yet but I have noticed that the urgency & frequency has decreased for me."

Dria' (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2015

For Overactive Bladder: "mary4589 --along with your dry mouth, did you have any dryness of skin at the fingers and palms of your hands --I mean severe wrinkling of fingers and palms like you have been in the tub for a week? I was 2 weeks on this med and it's been 4 months off and still have extreme dry mouth. I have cut off all other meds and vitamins to figure out what is causing this dry mouth and hands, but after reading the reviews it could be this medication has permanently cut off our saliva system. for all others who are thinking about taking this med - think about how this will not only affects your bladder problem but everything to do with water in your system."

E.Ekimi (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2015

For Overactive Bladder: "This drug was the best one I have ever taken for overactive bladder.The only other drug I have taken was Vesicare. It helped some the side effects. The effectiveness of Vesicare was marginal at best. However the side effects of Oxybutynin for me were intolerable. It made extremely sleepy, had difficulty driving, no appetite and fatigue beyond belief. I was only on this drug for one week. These side effects lasted a little over a week but are now very slowly going away. I am switching to generic Detrol and hoping for the best."

Gotta Go! (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2015

For Hyperhidrosis: "I actually had the ETS surgery done about 12 years ago and everything was fine UNTIL I started sweating all over my chair, back, legs and inner thighs. It's soooo embarrassing living in FL dealing with this. It caused me to stop wearing any light color clothing (which I loved). As soon as I took my first half of the 5mg I noticed a relief. I did sweat a little being outside, however I was not drenched. I took to other half before bedtime (as directed) and only side effect I am noticing is the dry lips and mouth. But so worth it. I sure hope and pray that this is my lifelong solution!"

Sweaty Bettyy March 31, 2015

For Overactive Bladder: "Stopped taking after one year...then I got a cold with cough and sneezing... Restarted as I was peeing every time I coughed or sneezed Works great no leaking after first dose!"

waltw March 23, 2015

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "The patch worked but the extreme dry mouth side effect was unbearable! In fact, 8 months after not using the patch anymore I still struggle with dry mouth! When does it go away?"

mary4589 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 28, 2015

For Overactive Bladder: "Have used this for 3-1/2 years. It seemed to lose effectiveness after 2-1/2 years. But it is still helpful. I still go frequently and get up 2-3 times at night (vs 3-4 times), but it takes "the edge off" and I can wait longer and feel less urgency. I take 5mg at night. I've stopped taking it for 60 days at a time on two separate occassions and I can clearly see the medicine helps a lot."

Nocturia Sufferer January 23, 2015

For Overactive Bladder: "Worked really well to keep my urination down from 20 times a day to maybe 6 depending of course on the amount of liquid I consume. I was also prescribed this to help with my out of control sweating, and it has helped immensely with this problem also. I do experience severe dry mouth, but I keep gum or a drink handy always. To me, the dry mouth is a worthwhile trade off for the benefits I get."

windbag (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 9, 2015

For Overactive Bladder: "Did not work for me. Still had the urge to go as often but had a hard time going. Was so hoping this would work for me. Discontinued use."

sophia0506 (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2014

For Overactive Bladder: "I am 21 and taking Oxybutynin for an overactive bladder, it has made a world of difference from peeing nearly every hour (or less) to now peeing every 3-4 hours. However, I suffer from mild nausea almost continuously from the medicine and headaches. For me it is worth it but for some it may not be."

ASch22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2014

Ditropan XL (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "Extreme constipation, dry cough, sweating, insomnia"

Casey1450 November 28, 2014

For Overactive Bladder: "Work good"

smessen November 15, 2014

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Urinary Incontinence: "I recently started using the patch. I have had to wear a pad everyday prior to using it. I'm only on day 6, second patch, and I feel like my life has changed. I can walk, exercise, even sneeze and have no problem. I was concerned about the adhesive because I have allergies and sensitive skin, but I haven't had an issue. I place the patch on my lower abdomen off to the side. I removed the excess adhesive with baby oil and q-tips. It came right off. I'll definitely keep using this product."

Drew352 November 3, 2014

For Hyperhidrosis: "I have suffered with severe hyperhidrosis (palmar, plantar, and axillary) since birth and was diagnosed at a very young age when I broke out with a heat rash all over my hands and feet. Thankfully, I have outgrew the rashes but unfortunately not the sweat. I have tried Drysol, Iontophoresis, Botox injections, Glycopyrrolate, and Oxybutynin (as well as extended release versions of the last two medications). I feel safe to say that two 5mg tabs of Oxybutynin at nighttime has worked best for me. I have been taking Oxybutynin since 2005--nearly 10 years now and it still is holding up pretty well. Side effects that I experience: dehydration, dizziness and weakness."

mlouwho (taken for 10 years or more) October 28, 2014

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "I really love this product. I don't have the irritation from the patch like some people are having. I did find out that if you have a problem with the patch not sticking, clean the area with rubbing alcohol before placing the patch and that helps it to stick just fine. Maybe that would also help the ones with the irritation as well. Worth a try anyway. A little crinkling noise is worth dealing with compared to dealing with overactive bladder. Another small issue is I feel that one patch is not as effective."

Shortone7941 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 21, 2014

For Overactive Bladder: "Have been taking this medicine now for 3 months. I take 5 mg in the morning and works ok, generally lasting approximately 3-4 hours before I need the toilet of which I can easily deal with. However at night is a different story. I doesn't work at all. I have taken the medicine at various times prior to going to bed but it has no effect. I am still getting up 2-3 times a night. So it's a trip back to the Doctors."

pauman (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2014

For Hyperhidrosis: "I was a social leper, suffering with a most severe bout of hyperhydrosis; Oxybutynin prolonged-release tablets have totally transformed my life."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 9, 2014

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "For me, it took two patches but on the fifth day, they really started working! I am 63 and have had trouble with overactive bladder for the past ten years, off and on. It gets worse depending on what I ingest food and medication wise. I am now in the bathroom every couple of hours instead of every half hour and always feeling the urge like I was. It's wonderful. Thanks for this product!"

skh4you (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2014

For Hyperhidrosis: "I've been on 10 mg ER for 2 weeks. It is a MIRACLE! I've had super sweats for 14 years of misery due to autoimmune disorders. I am now pinching myself because I went to a new dermatologist who prescribed this. Now, I get to live a normal life!"

Steppiemum August 27, 2014

Oxytrol for Women (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "Twenty-two hours after applying the patch I removed it because it was causing dizziness, nausea, and vomiting."

Vstone00 (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2014

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "All my life I've had to deal with have an overactive bladder it made me to the point where I was 18 and still wetting the bad at night as well as leaking throughout the day. When I first tried this I saw a huge difference, I haven't had any of those problems except for when I keep it on longer than I should. At first my skin was a little irritated by the patch but now it's nothing and easy to take off. I spent 1 day without it on and it really showed me how important it is for me to have it, I felt dirty through out the day and had to pee all the time like always. I am so thankful for this patch it really has helped live with having an over active bladder."

Partygirl91 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2014

Oxytrol for Women (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "I just started this patch today, but I must say..so far I am in love! I am 27, and over the past year I have became more and more irritated with my bladder. I am a bartender, and I have very busy, hectic nights when walking away from the bar just isn't an option....and yet I always have to ask my boss to cover the bar for me while I use the ladies room. I'm talking up to 14 times in one shift. I constantly felt like I had to pee, and 20 minutes after I would pee, I felt like if I didn't go again, it would just start coming out on its own. I only went to the bathroom FIVE times while at work. (From 2pm-11pm). I am very pleased. No side affects so far, even with my sensitive skin. This product is life changing!!!"

Keke1987 (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2014

Oxytrol for Women (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "I have tried the patch and it did help decrease overactive bladder, however, my skin is red, swollen, burning, and itching wherever I tried the patch. Even after 7 days off on 3 different patch sites, my skin hasn't healed yet. If this comes in an oral form which I think it does, I may try that."

Karen 100 June 20, 2014

Gelnique (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "I will not be continuing this medication, experiencing severe constipation and lower back pain and dry mouth."

Chergurrl (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2014

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "I would love to give this medicine a 10. It works great for my overactive bladder, unfortunately the irritation and itching is unbearable and I have to end up changing the patch every couple of days. I am running out of places on my body because the irritation and itching lasts a lot longer than the patch. The medicine works great but can't get past the irritation from the patch."

FNE2008 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2014