User Reviews for Oxybutynin

Also known as: Anturol, Ditropan, Ditropan XL, Gelnique, Oxytrol, Oxytrol for Women, Urotrol

Learn more about Oxybutynin.

Dysuria 1 reviews 23 medications

Urinary Incontinence 23 reviews 50 medications

Summary of Oxybutynin reviews 104 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Oxybutynin

Review by sophia0506 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Overactive Bladder: Did not work for me. Still had the urge to go as often but had a hard time going. Was so hoping this would work for me. Discontinued use.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 21, 2014 10:00 AM

Review by ASch22 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Overactive Bladder: I am 21 and taking Oxybutynin for an overactive bladder, it has made a world of difference from peeing nearly every hour (or less) to now peeing every 3-4 hours. However, I suffer from mild nausea almost continuously from the medicine and headaches. For me it is worth it but for some it may not be.

December 3, 2014 12:53 PM

Review by Casey1450:

Ditropan XL (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: Extreme constipation, dry cough, sweating, insomnia

November 28, 2014 7:14 PM

Review by smessen:

For Overactive Bladder: Work good

November 15, 2014 4:29 PM

Review by Drew352:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Urinary Incontinence: I recently started using the patch. I have had to wear a pad everyday prior to using it. I'm only on day 6, second patch, and I feel like my life has changed. I can walk, exercise, even sneeze and have no problem. I was concerned about the adhesive because I have allergies and sensitive skin, but I haven't had an issue. I place the patch on my lower abdomen off to the side. I removed the excess adhesive with baby oil and q-tips. It came right off. I'll definitely keep using this product.

November 3, 2014 5:40 PM

Review by mlouwho (taken for 10 years or more):

For Hyperhidrosis: I have suffered with severe hyperhidrosis (palmar, plantar, and axillary) since birth and was diagnosed at a very young age when I broke out with a heat rash all over my hands and feet. Thankfully, I have outgrew the rashes but unfortunately not the sweat. I have tried Drysol, Iontophoresis, Botox injections, Glycopyrrolate, and Oxybutynin (as well as extended release versions of the last two medications). I feel safe to say that two 5mg tabs of Oxybutynin at nighttime has worked best for me. I have been taking Oxybutynin since 2005--nearly 10 years now and it still is holding up pretty well. Side effects that I experience: dehydration, dizziness and weakness.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 28, 2014 3:01 PM

Review by Shortone7941 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: I really love this product. I don't have the irritation from the patch like some people are having. I did find out that if you have a problem with the patch not sticking, clean the area with rubbing alcohol before placing the patch and that helps it to stick just fine. Maybe that would also help the ones with the irritation as well. Worth a try anyway. A little crinkling noise is worth dealing with compared to dealing with overactive bladder. Another small issue is I feel that one patch is not as effective.

October 21, 2014 3:44 PM

Review by pauman (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Overactive Bladder: Have been taking this medicine now for 3 months. I take 5 mg in the morning and works ok, generally lasting approximately 3-4 hours before I need the toilet of which I can easily deal with. However at night is a different story. I doesn't work at all. I have taken the medicine at various times prior to going to bed but it has no effect. I am still getting up 2-3 times a night. So it's a trip back to the Doctors.

October 21, 2014 11:18 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Hyperhidrosis: I was a social leper, suffering with a most severe bout of hyperhydrosis; Oxybutynin prolonged-release tablets have totally transformed my life.

October 9, 2014 8:15 AM

Review by skh4you (taken for less than 1 month):

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: For me, it took two patches but on the fifth day, they really started working! I am 63 and have had trouble with overactive bladder for the past ten years, off and on. It gets worse depending on what I ingest food and medication wise. I am now in the bathroom every couple of hours instead of every half hour and always feeling the urge like I was. It's wonderful. Thanks for this product!

September 24, 2014 12:49 PM

Review by Steppiemum:

For Hyperhidrosis: I've been on 10 mg ER for 2 weeks. It is a MIRACLE! I've had super sweats for 14 years of misery due to autoimmune disorders. I am now pinching myself because I went to a new dermatologist who prescribed this. Now, I get to live a normal life!

August 27, 2014 11:17 PM

Review by Vstone00 (taken for less than 1 month):

Oxytrol for Women (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: Twenty-two hours after applying the patch I removed it because it was causing dizziness, nausea, and vomiting.

August 26, 2014 5:28 PM

Review by Partygirl91 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: All my life I've had to deal with have an overactive bladder it made me to the point where I was 18 and still wetting the bad at night as well as leaking throughout the day. When I first tried this I saw a huge difference, I haven't had any of those problems except for when I keep it on longer than I should. At first my skin was a little irritated by the patch but now it's nothing and easy to take off. I spent 1 day without it on and it really showed me how important it is for me to have it, I felt dirty through out the day and had to pee all the time like always. I am so thankful for this patch it really has helped live with having an over active bladder.

August 12, 2014 11:12 PM

Review by Keke1987 (taken for less than 1 month):

Oxytrol for Women (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: I just started this patch today, but I must say..so far I am in love! I am 27, and over the past year I have became more and more irritated with my bladder. I am a bartender, and I have very busy, hectic nights when walking away from the bar just isn't an option....and yet I always have to ask my boss to cover the bar for me while I use the ladies room. I'm talking up to 14 times in one shift. I constantly felt like I had to pee, and 20 minutes after I would pee, I felt like if I didn't go again, it would just start coming out on its own. I only went to the bathroom FIVE times while at work. (From 2pm-11pm). I am very pleased. No side affects so far, even with my sensitive skin. This product is life changing!!!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 20, 2014 1:39 AM

Review by Karen 100:

Oxytrol for Women (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: I have tried the patch and it did help decrease overactive bladder, however, my skin is red, swollen, burning, and itching wherever I tried the patch. Even after 7 days off on 3 different patch sites, my skin hasn't healed yet. If this comes in an oral form which I think it does, I may try that.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 20, 2014 7:19 PM

Review by Chergurrl (taken for less than 1 month):

Gelnique (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: I will not be continuing this medication, experiencing severe constipation and lower back pain and dry mouth.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 19, 2014 9:20 PM

Review by FNE2008 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: I would love to give this medicine a 10. It works great for my overactive bladder, unfortunately the irritation and itching is unbearable and I have to end up changing the patch every couple of days. I am running out of places on my body because the irritation and itching lasts a lot longer than the patch. The medicine works great but can't get past the irritation from the patch.

June 8, 2014 5:03 PM

Review by chatterfox (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Incontinence: I am a 57 year old female who would HIGHLY recommend this medication. I am taking the pill twice daily and I found it worked on the second day. I don't make 50 trips to the bathroom daily, no more concerns about when I sneeze or cough. It has changed my life drastically! I would recommend this to anyone who has incontinence problems.

March 25, 2014 6:53 PM

Review by Sandey:

For Overactive Bladder: I'm 31 female and was waking up five times a night to pee..after taking this medicine it immediatley started working I can finally sleep. I take it before sleep 5mg it does make you tired and a little dry mouth but it's so worth it

March 21, 2014 8:40 PM

Review by Just me? (taken for less than 1 month):

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: I tried the Oxytrol patch and liked the effect on helping my overactive bladder, but it irritated my skin and caused such itching I couldn't continue it. I tried placing the patch in a variety of places to no avail. I see on this site that it seems to be a common occurrence.

February 6, 2014 8:18 AM

Review by Barb from WI. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Overactive Bladder: I use the patch and it has helped very much but also I had problems with the adhesive not coming off so I talked to Walgreens and ordered a adhesive remover (they ordered it came in the next day).The remover works great. I also get the red rash but it don't itch so all in all I'm very happy with the product.I wish I could get a coupon to help with the cost. I hope this helps.

January 25, 2014 7:05 AM

Review by Carmen ann:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: The patch worked. However the itching and inflamed skin was not tolerable. I wish I could bear it just to be relieved of the overactive bladder. I thought I would have a normal life. Now trying Toviaz.

January 19, 2014 11:14 PM

Review by MISS MOPPET (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Hyperhidrosis: I have been on Oxybutynin for hyperdydrosis since September of 2013. It has changed my life. I went to Mexico this past December and was amazed at how much less was sweating I had. Prior, I was becoming a recluse as it was so embarrassing to go out in public. My air conditioner ran non-stop all summer! Every now and then I "break" out in a sweat, but it is mild and not a big deal. The one side effect I have with it, is that `after taking 2 x 5mg a day I get extremely tired and feel kind of like I am "out of it". I now take it at bedtime, as it actually helps me fall asleep quicker (I had terrible insomnia as well). Mouth is very dry, but it has forced me to increase my water intake, which is good anyway. This is such a relief!

January 16, 2014 12:32 PM

Review by HeatherZ.:

For Overactive Bladder: I've been using the patches for almost two months, and have noticed a great improvement on my bathroom trips. I was going about 18-22 times per day and now down to 12-15. It is still a lot, but that's a huge improvement. My only drawback is I have a horrible rash under the patch that can last for weeks. I am starting to run out of places To put them. They really only stick to my hip areas.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 14, 2014 12:29 AM

Review by Kiki n Milo:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Urinary Incontinence: I have over active bladder and uncontrolable go! I bought Oxytrol over the counter two days after it became available without a prescription. It works so great immediately and is just amazing! A real miracle! They do have to do something to improve the patch. I move it around to avoid the red irritation. It doesn't stay on well. It's too crinkley and doesn't stick well. It comes loose when I bend, when my clothes rub, and in the shower. It needs to be softer like a blister band-aid or even plain old band-aid; a more rubber or fabric type patch. I love it but it feels like a waste of money when it won't stay on. I would give it a 10 if it was softer and stayed on!

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 11, 2014 5:23 PM