User Reviews for Oxybutynin

Also known as: Anturol, Ditropan, Ditropan XL, Gelnique, Oxytrol, Oxytrol for Women, Urotrol

Learn more about Oxybutynin.

Dysuria 1 reviews 23 medications

Urinary Incontinence 24 reviews 49 medications

5.9
Summary of Oxybutynin reviews 123 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Oxybutynin

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "I think the patch worked better for me in the beginning. Less effective now. As far as the sticking I found it works best on my lower back area. You have to make sure there is no lotion or soap where you apply and then hold your hand over the patch for at least 15 sec. to make sure it adheres. The heat of your hand activiates the adhesive. Didn't work on my abdomen, caused severe itching but not on my backside. My local Walmart is out of stock. I am going to try eBay."

Bijoux10 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 24, 2015

For Hyperhidrosis: "I have been on this a couple of months as directed by my surgeon ( one 5mg a day) and I am still soaking all my clothes, mainly back, buttocks, thighs, torso, and underarms. I even have to wear disposable incontinence panties - as the sweat just pours into regular ones and leaves wet marks on seats if I don't. (I am 40 - so it's not a big deal for me to wear them) I had the surgery (2008) for cranial, facial sweating, and it was marvellous. Now in 2015 - my head and face are still sweat free - while the compensatory sweating is out of control. I drink many litres of water a day, but with the amount of sweat I produce, I have to keep drinking or my throat and mouth get so dry that food sticks in it. Waiting word for surgery number two"

Katie Haward, UK (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2015

For Urinary Incontinence: "Been on it for 2 wks. No noticeable difference. Side effects are my eyes are blurry, insomnia, extreme heartburn, and feels like something stuck in my throat all the time. And my bladder is painful by morning. Going off this medication. More harm than good. :("

Pee-body (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2015

Oxytrol for Women (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "Oxytr has substantially decreased my overactive bladder. No side effects. I just can't seem to find it at my usual store, Why?"

Zimmette (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 27, 2015

For Hyperhidrosis: "On it for almost 2 weeks. First week tried 15mg (2 at night and 1 around 2pm). Had huge improvement on head sweats by the end of the week 7/10, feet was a bit better 4/10 although noticed was getting drowsy / lowering of my heart rate during the day. Opted to do just 10mg (2 at night) and side effects much better and sweating issue still getting better. Feet still a bit warm although not the dripping mess they were. Social and professional impact 10/10 so is looking like a definite alternative to the ETS knife. Hoping feet will improve over the coming weeks!"

DonnyDarco July 26, 2015

For Overactive Bladder: "I have had more UTI's since taking this medicine, I'm considering going off of it."

Lilybell13 July 18, 2015

For Hyperhidrosis: "I have been on the medication for nearly ten years and it has changed my life! However if I miss a dose the sweating comes back. I take two a night because it makes me extremely drowsy. Another side effect I have noticed is that it can make me feel anxious. But overall its the only thing that controls my hands and feet from sweating!"

Jesshappy June 23, 2015

For Hyperhidrosis: "I still sweat more than the average person but it is decreased enough soo can wear normal clothing and not sweat through them everyday"

Alexb27 June 17, 2015

For Hyperhidrosis: "This medicine just changed my life. I had excessive sweating all over my body specially my face, underarms, and hands. It was interfering with my social life and affecting my job/ career. I developed an anxiety from my sweating and I lost hope because I tried everything until I was prescribed this medicine. Its a miracle. I got my life back. Thanks God"

Peter Mark June 5, 2015

For Hyperhidrosis: "I first noticed my excessive sweating in high school, and it was mainly triggered by social anxiety, but even the most minimal amounts of exercise (walking home from the bus stop after school) would leave me sweating more than most. It wasn't until this year that I started on this medication, and so far it been amazing, I no longer worry about patches under my arms or between my thighs, I don't have to wipe my hands on my pants before shaking someones hands, and I can do more in terms of movement before I start sweating. Side effects I've noticed are that my face goes red when I move a little more than normal- although that's mainly due to my level of fitness, and a dry mouth. It really has worked and I'm so glad to have found a solution!"

oxybutynin supporter (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2015

For Hyperhidrosis: "So far only been on oxybutynin for a week no signs of sweating stopping as yet, I got put on 2.5mg for 2 days b4 bed, then 5mg for 2 days now I'm on 7.5mg, I'll go up to 10 mg tomorrow and leave it there hopefully it'll soon work, I do have dry mouth, that's it at moment, I've suffered with sweating 20 yrs, I've had my family etc,as I'm getting older the sweating is knocking my confidence as my face drips n my hair does, sweating is all over but I find it more embarrassing when it's my face and hair ,plus in winter I dress like it's summer I'd rather freeze than sweat but as soon as come in from the outside I sweat bad, I've just set up working for myself n couple my customers have asked if I'm ok because of the sweat I felt ashamed."

sallyjburton (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2015

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "I've been on the patch for almost 24 hours now. the only issue i am having is bad stomach cramps along with diarrhea so hopefully that stops in the next few days. I don't want to get my hopes up just yet but I have noticed that the urgency & frequency has decreased for me."

Dria' (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2015

For Overactive Bladder: "mary4589 --along with your dry mouth, did you have any dryness of skin at the fingers and palms of your hands --I mean severe wrinkling of fingers and palms like you have been in the tub for a week? I was 2 weeks on this med and it's been 4 months off and still have extreme dry mouth. I have cut off all other meds and vitamins to figure out what is causing this dry mouth and hands, but after reading the reviews it could be this medication has permanently cut off our saliva system. for all others who are thinking about taking this med - think about how this will not only affects your bladder problem but everything to do with water in your system."

E.Ekimi (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2015

For Overactive Bladder: "This drug was the best one I have ever taken for overactive bladder.The only other drug I have taken was Vesicare. It helped some the side effects. The effectiveness of Vesicare was marginal at best. However the side effects of Oxybutynin for me were intolerable. It made extremely sleepy, had difficulty driving, no appetite and fatigue beyond belief. I was only on this drug for one week. These side effects lasted a little over a week but are now very slowly going away. I am switching to generic Detrol and hoping for the best."

Gotta Go! (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2015

For Hyperhidrosis: "I actually had the ETS surgery done about 12 years ago and everything was fine UNTIL I started sweating all over my chair, back, legs and inner thighs. It's soooo embarrassing living in FL dealing with this. It caused me to stop wearing any light color clothing (which I loved). As soon as I took my first half of the 5mg I noticed a relief. I did sweat a little being outside, however I was not drenched. I took to other half before bedtime (as directed) and only side effect I am noticing is the dry lips and mouth. But so worth it. I sure hope and pray that this is my lifelong solution!"

Sweaty Bettyy March 31, 2015

For Overactive Bladder: "Stopped taking after one year...then I got a cold with cough and sneezing... Restarted as I was peeing every time I coughed or sneezed Works great no leaking after first dose!"

waltw March 23, 2015

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "The patch worked but the extreme dry mouth side effect was unbearable! In fact, 8 months after not using the patch anymore I still struggle with dry mouth! When does it go away?"

mary4589 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 28, 2015

For Overactive Bladder: "Have used this for 3-1/2 years. It seemed to lose effectiveness after 2-1/2 years. But it is still helpful. I still go frequently and get up 2-3 times at night (vs 3-4 times), but it takes "the edge off" and I can wait longer and feel less urgency. I take 5mg at night. I've stopped taking it for 60 days at a time on two separate occassions and I can clearly see the medicine helps a lot."

Nocturia Sufferer January 23, 2015

For Overactive Bladder: "Worked really well to keep my urination down from 20 times a day to maybe 6 depending of course on the amount of liquid I consume. I was also prescribed this to help with my out of control sweating, and it has helped immensely with this problem also. I do experience severe dry mouth, but I keep gum or a drink handy always. To me, the dry mouth is a worthwhile trade off for the benefits I get."

windbag (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 9, 2015

For Overactive Bladder: "Did not work for me. Still had the urge to go as often but had a hard time going. Was so hoping this would work for me. Discontinued use."

sophia0506 (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2014

For Overactive Bladder: "I am 21 and taking Oxybutynin for an overactive bladder, it has made a world of difference from peeing nearly every hour (or less) to now peeing every 3-4 hours. However, I suffer from mild nausea almost continuously from the medicine and headaches. For me it is worth it but for some it may not be."

ASch22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2014

Ditropan XL (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "Extreme constipation, dry cough, sweating, insomnia"

Casey1450 November 28, 2014

For Overactive Bladder: "Work good"

smessen November 15, 2014

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Urinary Incontinence: "I recently started using the patch. I have had to wear a pad everyday prior to using it. I'm only on day 6, second patch, and I feel like my life has changed. I can walk, exercise, even sneeze and have no problem. I was concerned about the adhesive because I have allergies and sensitive skin, but I haven't had an issue. I place the patch on my lower abdomen off to the side. I removed the excess adhesive with baby oil and q-tips. It came right off. I'll definitely keep using this product."

Drew352 November 3, 2014

For Hyperhidrosis: "I have suffered with severe hyperhidrosis (palmar, plantar, and axillary) since birth and was diagnosed at a very young age when I broke out with a heat rash all over my hands and feet. Thankfully, I have outgrew the rashes but unfortunately not the sweat. I have tried Drysol, Iontophoresis, Botox injections, Glycopyrrolate, and Oxybutynin (as well as extended release versions of the last two medications). I feel safe to say that two 5mg tabs of Oxybutynin at nighttime has worked best for me. I have been taking Oxybutynin since 2005--nearly 10 years now and it still is holding up pretty well. Side effects that I experience: dehydration, dizziness and weakness."

mlouwho (taken for 10 years or more) October 28, 2014