User Reviews for Oxybutynin

Also known as: Anturol, Ditropan, Ditropan XL, Gelnique, Oxytrol, Oxytrol for Women, Urotrol

Learn more about Oxybutynin.

Dysuria 1 reviews 23 medications

6.1
Summary of Oxybutynin reviews 87 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Oxybutynin

Review by chatterfox (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

oxybutynin for Urinary Incontinence: I am a 57 year old female who would HIGHLY recommend this medication. I am taking the pill twice daily and I found it worked on the second day. I don't make 50 trips to the bathroom daily, no more concerns about when I sneeze or cough. It has changed my life drastically! I would recommend this to anyone who has incontinence problems.

March 25, 2014 6:53 PM
Review by Sandey: User Rating:

oxybutynin for Overactive Bladder: I'm 31 female and was waking up five times a night to pee..after taking this medicine it immediatley started working I can finally sleep. I take it before sleep 5mg it does make you tired and a little dry mouth but it's so worth it

March 21, 2014 8:40 PM
Review by Just me? (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: I tried the Oxytrol patch and liked the effect on helping my overactive bladder, but it irritated my skin and caused such itching I couldn't continue it. I tried placing the patch in a variety of places to no avail. I see on this site that it seems to be a common occurrence.

February 6, 2014 8:18 AM
Review by Barb from WI. (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

oxybutynin for Overactive Bladder: I use the patch and it has helped very much but also I had problems with the adhesive not coming off so I talked to Walgreens and ordered a adhesive remover (they ordered it came in the next day).The remover works great. I also get the red rash but it don't itch so all in all I'm very happy with the product.I wish I could get a coupon to help with the cost. I hope this helps.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 25, 2014 7:05 AM
Review by Carmen ann: User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: The patch worked. However the itching and inflamed skin was not tolerable. I wish I could bear it just to be relieved of the overactive bladder. I thought I would have a normal life. Now trying Toviaz.

January 19, 2014 11:14 PM
Review by MISS MOPPET (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

oxybutynin for Hyperhidrosis: I have been on Oxybutynin for hyperdydrosis since September of 2013. It has changed my life. I went to Mexico this past December and was amazed at how much less was sweating I had. Prior, I was becoming a recluse as it was so embarrassing to go out in public. My air conditioner ran non-stop all summer! Every now and then I "break" out in a sweat, but it is mild and not a big deal. The one side effect I have with it, is that `after taking 2 x 5mg a day I get extremely tired and feel kind of like I am "out of it". I now take it at bedtime, as it actually helps me fall asleep quicker (I had terrible insomnia as well). Mouth is very dry, but it has forced me to increase my water intake, which is good anyway. This is such a relief!

January 16, 2014 12:32 PM
Review by HeatherZ.: User Rating:

oxybutynin for Overactive Bladder: I've been using the patches for almost two months, and have noticed a great improvement on my bathroom trips. I was going about 18-22 times per day and now down to 12-15. It is still a lot, but that's a huge improvement. My only drawback is I have a horrible rash under the patch that can last for weeks. I am starting to run out of places To put them. They really only stick to my hip areas.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 14, 2014 12:29 AM
Review by Kiki n Milo: User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Urinary Incontinence: I have over active bladder and uncontrolable go! I bought Oxytrol over the counter two days after it became available without a prescription. It works so great immediately and is just amazing! A real miracle! They do have to do something to improve the patch. I move it around to avoid the red irritation. It doesn't stay on well. It's too crinkley and doesn't stick well. It comes loose when I bend, when my clothes rub, and in the shower. It needs to be softer like a blister band-aid or even plain old band-aid; a more rubber or fabric type patch. I love it but it feels like a waste of money when it won't stay on. I would give it a 10 if it was softer and stayed on!

January 11, 2014 5:23 PM
Review by :-) (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: I am 19 years old and started using this patch. I had surgery to stretch my bladder a year ago (apparently my bladder quit growing at a young age). Before, I had to go to the bathroom every hour and a half and the surgery was only a temporary fix from this. This patch worked wonders! Not only do I go less, but I can also hold it in for a lot longer!

January 6, 2014 10:03 PM
Review by Grace simp: User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: I get bad reaction to the adhesive. The redness stays for weeks and itches so bad. I clean the area with acetone to remove the adhesive residue and then clean it with alcohol. Hope you guys will create one for sensitive adhesive like sensitive bandage. The product helps with overactive bladder I just hope the itch and redness will go away. Been using this patch for a month.

January 2, 2014 9:30 PM
Review by Detroit Anonymous: User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Urinary Incontinence: I am 23 years old and dealing with a couple types of incontinence. Before I talked to my doctor about it I came across these in my grocery store. I bought them on a whim and tried them out. It works really well, no more leaking or stress incontinence. Within 12 hours I was no longer running to the bathroom. The only side effect I have is some constipation. A change in diet and laxatives seem to help. The patch is rather uncomfortable at times but I'm still experimenting with placement. I change it every 4 or 5 days because the adhesive comes off after a while, usually in the shower. I'd like to see a better material but I'm content for now. It's a lot better than taking a pill every day.

December 3, 2013 9:36 PM
Review by oxytrol works: User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: I LOVE THIS. IT HAS HELPED ME TREMENDOUSLY AND I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS TO PEOPLE everywhere. Remember everyone is different so it may not help some and it may help some but as for me it does work.

December 1, 2013 6:07 PM
Review by BryteEyez (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: After seeing a commercial for Oxytrol, I knew I had to give it a shot. I have had numerous occurances that if I had not been wearing a Depends I would have had a very embarrassing situation. I noticed a difference the very FIRST day. No sudden urges and no accidents ( or NEAR accidents). I have gotten my life back! I want to shout it from the rooftops! Very, very happy with this product! So thankful it is now over the counter! I have read reviews about people saying the patch left adhesive residue, I've had no such problem. Also have not had it come off in the shower or pool. I think it might be improved if the patch were a bit rubbery, say something along the lines of a blister band aide.

November 30, 2013 1:29 PM
Review by BryteEyez: User Rating:

oxybutynin for Overactive Bladder: I bought it on a Thursday evening and applied my first patch Friday morning following my shower. I wore a depends that day also, not knowing how quickly or well the patch would work. I noticed a difference the same day! Now, one week into it I want to shout it from the mountain tops! No more embarrassing leakage, no more "accidents" and I forsee no more purchasing of Depends. Forever grateful for this product and for it now being OTC! Can't thank them enough.

November 25, 2013 9:39 AM
Review by Ohiogirl28: User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: Been wearing the patches for a week now. I can tell a difference. The urge to use the bathroom greatly decreased. So glad they are OTC! The only problem i have is when I remove the patch it leaves adhesive on the skin, its hard to get off. And waterproof would be better. Maybe they will update them sooner or later. But def recommended

November 11, 2013 7:38 PM
Review by Theresa S (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: I want to thank Merck and it's scientist that developed this patch and I am so glad it is Over the Counter now. I have worn the patch for one month now. I am on my second box and will be purchasing a third a forth and so on..... Oxytrol has changed my life back to normal. No standing up and urine flowing out uncontrollably anymore. No more 12-15 trips to the bathroom a day. I travel and now I can drive for 2-3 hours at a time without stopping for a bathroom. Now I change the patch on day 4. I did try to hold out for the 4th night and while i did not have the urgency problem I did have to urinate more frequently than if I go four days and three nights. The adhesive problems and the crinkling I DON'T CARE better then a diaper.

November 8, 2013 8:48 AM
Review by So Pleased (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Urinary Incontinence: The oxytrol patch is a life changer for me. I was up to the highest poise product short of a brief and keeping extra clothes at work. I am 57. I woke up the first morning after applying the patch the evening before and knew this was the answer for me. I was able to calmly WALK to the bathroom, only feeling a slight bladder fullness, and not the desperate 'its to late' urgency. All day now I can walk calmly to the bathroom, and only feel the slight bladder fullness when needing to go. i can't remember feeling this way in a long, long time. I have not had a single 'leak' or urgency feeling while wearing the patch. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

November 1, 2013 9:34 PM
Review by sweaty and cant stand it (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

oxybutynin for Hyperhidrosis: I just got put on this at a 5 mg 3x a day and today was my first dose I pray this is the answer cause feeling sweaty and there's nothing you can do to stop makes me feel nasty I cant even stand for my Husband to hug or touch me and god forbid I go into a public place it's embarrassing I read the success stories and I hope it works for me like them ! Thank you all for your input

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 31, 2013 6:15 PM
Review by Madder than H_ _ _: User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: I used 4 patches in 4 days because each morning when I got in the shower the patch came off. That was a cost of $4 a day since I had paid $16 for the box. I called Merck (manufactures product) and was told they would send me a coupon or another box of patches. That was 4 weeks ago and nothing yet. But I have decided not to use the product or recommend it to anyone.

October 30, 2013 2:55 PM
Review by octegenarian (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Urinary Incontinence: Never took medication for this problem. Relied on Depends . So far no side effects. - I am on my 6th. patch. Just hope they continue to work .

October 28, 2013 2:17 AM
Review by Jamcanfi74: User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: This patch sucks! It's a complete waste of money. It doesn't do anything! Waste of money!

October 25, 2013 6:40 PM
Review by bedine (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: Great at first. Now I've had stomach pain for the last 3 days. I'm on my 3rd patch. Not sure if I should stop or not.

October 24, 2013 6:54 PM
Review by Brunette337: User Rating:

Oxytrol for Women (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: I bought Oxtrol for the first time on a Monday and put the patch on that evening. After 2 hours it started to suppress the urge to urinate and I noticed the difference. The next day after about wearing it for 16 hours so far it was working full force! This is my full second day of wearing the 4 day patch and I am back to normal! I have not experienced any side effects and have only great things to say about Oxytrol thus far. I can now meet with clients in confidence and not have to worry that if I sneeze or cough that i will wet myself.

October 23, 2013 1:13 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: Drug works but the patch is horrible. It is plastic and wrinkles up. The edges don't adhere well so the patch is always sticking to my clothes. I hope they fix this issue. If they do I will buy again but for now I'm going to save my money.

October 20, 2013 7:56 PM
Review by Elizabeth A M (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

oxybutynin for Overactive Bladder: Love it! Immediate relief! I take 10mg of Oxybutynin every morning and it gets me through the day. I've been on this approx a year and don't feel I have any side effects. I should ask my husband if he notices any differences in me.. more forgetful, etc. Maybe some dry mouth but nothing I can't live with. Sips of water help that. I feel like I have my life again :) I have noticed that I now can't go through the night without an accident so I need to ask my Dr. if I can take some in the late afternoon to get me through the night. Overall... love it!!

October 17, 2013 11:30 AM