Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Zofran

Learn more about Zofran.

Zofran review summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 135 medications used in the treatment of Nausea/Vomiting.

Reviews for Zofran to treat Nausea/Vomiting

Review by jjturlik:

I took this medication when I had stomach flu and I was so thankful to have it! It worked quickly and efficiently to stop the nausea and therefore the vomiting.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 13, 2015 3:33 PM

Review by NicoleBarnett_:

This medicine saves me. I get stomach aches a lot and it makes me feel so much better. And I was sick with the stomach flu about 2 weeks ago and it stopped me from throwing up. Works great.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 20, 2015 8:13 PM

Review by Xtiffanyoxo:

The only medication that really does the trick. I have been prescribed to it twice now due to a severe stomach virus and it gave me relief after 20 minutes! Didn't throw up any more afterwards and helped me sleep after a very restless night. Love it!

March 9, 2015 5:34 PM

Review by panic attack jack (taken for less than 1 month):

Last night I had severe diarhhea and stomach pain and dizziness, maybe I was dehydrated from the stomach bug so I went to the ER and they said they were going to give me Zofran, which I have a phobia of trying new pills but my stomach hurt so bad, I told the nurse I'd break it in half till I seen how small it was, and she said just let it dissolve on your tongue so I did and it had a strawberry flavor which I told her wow this taste good, and within about 5 minutes my nausea had gotten so much better, even relaxed me a bit, I'm telling you folks if you have the stomach bug or stomach aches, give this a shot I had no side effects at all, maybe a little sleepiness but like others I'll take that over the stomach pain, thanks Zofran.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 8, 2015 9:55 AM

Review by Mommabear997:

I'm 32 weeks 5 days pregnant. Was admitted into maternity yesterday after throwing up every few minutes all yesterday morning. They have me fluids and Gravol but that only made me drowsy, and did nothing for the throwing up so they decided to give me the Zofran. It started working as soon as it was into my body. It's was quick and very effective!

February 1, 2015 12:41 PM

Review by harpie:

I take several medications for treatment of Auto-Immune disease. I had hiatle hernia surgery so it is important I do not vomit unless absolutely necessary. Zofran works quickly to eliminate nausea and vomiting and also relaxes me.

January 29, 2015 8:41 PM

Review by Essica_J (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I am currently 25 weeks pregnant and have had bad nausea/morning sickness since week 5. This medicine has been wonderful. There are times where I still feel sick, but it's bearable and I don't throw up. I've been taking it so long now that the sleepiness it causes doesn't affect me anymore. However, the constipation from it has been a downer.

January 7, 2015 5:20 PM

Review by okay yeah:

This relieved my nausea fairly quickly and allowed me to sleep off the bug. Only downside is it made me dizzy.

January 4, 2015 12:05 AM

Review by Fizzle3913:

I have been having a lot of stomach issues. I was told it was a bunch of things. At last it took about 4 months to conclude it was my colon. After a bout in the hospital I was given Zofran which worked wonders in no time at all; was also given Phenergan at one point and immediately became extremely irate until I passed out from it. In comparison Zofran is a God send. Can be expensive.

December 13, 2014 11:27 PM

Review by dpossum (taken for less than 1 month):

Works wonders for morning sickness! I had no appetite and was losing too much weight. This does the trick...I feel human again!

November 3, 2014 9:01 PM

Review by Mandymia (taken for less than 1 month):

I had the Norovirus last year and took Zofran and it worked very well. The pills are small and dissolve easily on your tongue so you don't have to drink water and risk throwing up the medicine. If possible, I think it would be great to offer this medication over the counter.

September 26, 2014 8:48 PM

Review by asbeen (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I've had reoccurring nausea for over a year now. The bouts of nausea, dry heaving and vomiting only bile would last for hours. Phenergan did nothing, but Zofran, within 5 min (usually) I'm cured. It does make you sleepy, but well worth a little tiredness. It is expensive without insurance.

August 22, 2014 6:07 PM

Review by camille10:

I have generalized anxiety disorder and suffer from emetophobia. The anxiety causes stomach upset and the fear of throwing up increases the anxiety in a vicious cycle. My psychiatrist prescribed Zofran while I was trying out SSRI's to help me get through the first few weeks of side effects. I am now on Celexa with a lot less anxiety and only take Zofran as needed! It works great it just makes me feel sleepy. Haven't run into any constipation yet.

August 7, 2014 11:51 AM

Review by O.Lou (taken for 1 to 2 years):

This medication works wonders for me whenever I feel sick or nauseous. The flavored tablets that disintegrate under the tongue or in the mouth are very convenient and work really quickly to relieve nausea/vomiting. The only real side effect from it that I have noticed is a slight tired feeling. I'd much rather feel a little sleepy than sick to my stomach. I really recommend this medicine if your doctor also feels that it is right for you.

May 3, 2014 4:22 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Very expensive but works for me. I just take one a day.

March 7, 2014 11:32 PM

Review by TangoKilo (taken for less than 1 month):

I was given Zofran for nausea. I took it for one day. It took care of the nausea but gave me a bad headache so I am asking for something else.

February 27, 2014 9:30 AM

16 year old daughter was having headaches and was doing infusions with medications. Used Zofran for nausea. Immediately after it was injected she had a severe allergic reaction, could not breathe, felt her throat tighten up, shortness of breath, dizziness, anxiety, shivering and sweating. Oxygen was given and this passed quickly within 5 minutes. Was observed in ER and there were no other effects after that episode.

February 9, 2014 8:26 PM

Review by Me34 (taken for less than 1 month):

Took one after liposuction. Worked wonders

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2014 6:33 PM

Review by brey (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Thankfully, this really works.

December 1, 2013 10:57 PM

Review by ashley mom of 3:

As this viral stomach bug tore thru me and all my kids it presented excruciating stomach pains I was prescribed zofran for myself after puking and going diahrea for 8 hrs back to back with no relief it worked like a miracle....as this bug started on each kid I let them puke 6 times to get the virus out, once they were consistently dry heaving I gave one tablet (4mg) which is recommended for 2 to 12 yr. Olds thank god it allowed the stomach contractions to subside and they fell asleep!!!!! However would not use on kids 4 and under with out consulting an md

November 10, 2013 11:24 PM

Review by Hein:

Took my 2 year old grandson to ER after vomiting/nausea all morning. Zofran was administered. He had seizure within 2 minutes after the drug was administered and another two seizures within 12 hours. Spinal fluid showed no abnormality neither the EEG or the MRI brainscan. Neurologist decided Zofran to have caused the seizures. The amount administered not known but a seond dose were given because " he spit out" the first.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 25, 2013 1:31 PM

Review by Kteel (taken for less than 1 month):

I have had three pregnancies and with the first two the morning sickness was bearable enough without medication. This time around I have had trouble making it to work and have been constantly miserable, nauseous and dry heaving. I took my first Zofran last night and the only complaint I have is that I wish it was non-drowsy. I almost fell asleep at my desk today. However, I will take drowsiness over nausea any way. Thank you Zofran.

August 21, 2013 1:06 PM

Review by Nw:

This works perfectly, I'd highly recommend it.

August 18, 2013 12:52 PM

Review by princess chi chi:

Love it when you are pregnant. The only medicine that works.

June 2, 2013 4:27 PM

Review by Carriewhohasbeenthere:

Currently popular in ER's, it has had no effect. Once they have given maximum number of dosages and I am still actively vomiting. Finally I get old fashioned Phenergan and then things turn around.

May 11, 2013 1:24 AM