User Reviews for Zofran

Learn more about Zofran.

Zofran review summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 133 medications used in the treatment of Nausea/Vomiting.

Reviews for Zofran to treat Nausea/Vomiting

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Very expensive but works for me. I just take one a day.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 7, 2014 11:32 PM
Review by TangoKilo (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I was given Zofran for nausea. I took it for one day. It took care of the nausea but gave me a bad headache so I am asking for something else.

February 27, 2014 9:30 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

16 year old daughter was having headaches and was doing infusions with medications. Used Zofran for nausea. Immediately after it was injected she had a severe allergic reaction, could not breathe, felt her throat tighten up, shortness of breath, dizziness, anxiety, shivering and sweating. Oxygen was given and this passed quickly within 5 minutes. Was observed in ER and there were no other effects after that episode.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 9, 2014 8:26 PM
Review by Me34 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Took one after liposuction. Worked wonders

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 23, 2014 6:33 PM
Review by brey (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Thankfully, this really works.

December 1, 2013 10:57 PM
Review by ashley mom of 3: User Rating:

As this viral stomach bug tore thru me and all my kids it presented excruciating stomach pains I was prescribed zofran for myself after puking and going diahrea for 8 hrs back to back with no relief it worked like a miracle....as this bug started on each kid I let them puke 6 times to get the virus out, once they were consistently dry heaving I gave one tablet (4mg) which is recommended for 2 to 12 yr. Olds thank god it allowed the stomach contractions to subside and they fell asleep!!!!! However would not use on kids 4 and under with out consulting an md

November 10, 2013 11:24 PM
Review by Hein:

Took my 2 year old grandson to ER after vomiting/nausea all morning. Zofran was administered. He had seizure within 2 minutes after the drug was administered and another two seizures within 12 hours. Spinal fluid showed no abnormality neither the EEG or the MRI brainscan. Neurologist decided Zofran to have caused the seizures. The amount administered not known but a seond dose were given because " he spit out" the first.

October 25, 2013 1:31 PM
Review by Kteel (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I have had three pregnancies and with the first two the morning sickness was bearable enough without medication. This time around I have had trouble making it to work and have been constantly miserable, nauseous and dry heaving. I took my first Zofran last night and the only complaint I have is that I wish it was non-drowsy. I almost fell asleep at my desk today. However, I will take drowsiness over nausea any way. Thank you Zofran.

August 21, 2013 1:06 PM
Review by Nw: User Rating:

This works perfectly, I'd highly recommend it.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 18, 2013 12:52 PM
Review by princess chi chi: User Rating:

Love it when you are pregnant. The only medicine that works.

June 2, 2013 4:27 PM
Review by Carriewhohasbeenthere: User Rating:

Currently popular in ER's, it has had no effect. Once they have given maximum number of dosages and I am still actively vomiting. Finally I get old fashioned Phenergan and then things turn around.

May 11, 2013 1:24 AM
Review by Onephebe (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Excellent success in relieving symptoms from hyperemesis gravadarum.

March 19, 2013 12:52 AM
Review by allgoodwell: User Rating:

Worked fantastic!! I highly recommend.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 8, 2013 4:24 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

My daughter was experiences a constant unexplained ache in her stomach and a feeling that she was going to throw up, that no stomach test could find. 3 months later an MRI showed she had an AVM in her brain. Surgery to repair took all symptoms away. 3 years later she started having the same feelings. Found out the feeling of throwing up was the aura before partial seizures they didn't know she was having. Still was having the gnawing ache. One amazing doctor suggested Zofran...it was our miracle. She has been fine ever since.

December 13, 2012 4:18 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I can't say enough about Zofran. I was curled in a fetal position in front of the bathroom, on the floor, in a cold sweat after vomiting for the last two hours. The last bout was dry heaving. Still the nausea was crippling me. My wife gave me one pill and within 30 minutes the hell I was going through broke like an ocean tide receding. I keep Zofran in the medicine cabinet now, at all times.

October 10, 2012 3:32 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I am type 1 diabetic and have been having symptoms of gastroparesis. Zofran coupled with erythromycin has been the only thing to give me relief. After being sick/vomiting for the past 5 weeks on and off, it is nice to be back to some sort of normality.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 28, 2012 11:09 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

It worked like a miracle. Nausea is gone. I have been in a constant state of nausea for over 4 months and have tried many other medications. This is the only one that works. Luck to all.

May 1, 2012 5:39 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I first used this med while going through chemotherapy for cancer. It was the third or fourth medication that my oncologist prescribed after unsatisfactory results with the previous. Zofran capsules worked to control my chemotherapy-induced nausea. Most recently I had it given via IV in the ER for viral nausea. I was sent home with a prescription for Zofran ODT which seems to work even better.

April 30, 2012 3:32 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I have nausea and vomiting in my first trimester. But for me it does not work I am completely miserable missing school and work. At my wits end I don't what to do.

April 16, 2012 8:14 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

As an injection in the ER, it did its job quite well.

January 1, 2012 3:07 PM
Review by Aku Angi: User Rating:

One of the best to be used for faster relief and available everywhere.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 23, 2011 6:00 AM
Review by silvi-v: User Rating:

Works great, works almost instantly.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 22, 2011 3:57 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tired almost everything under the sun, cheap/expensive, and this is the only thing that worked for me!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 14, 2011 2:05 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Zofran is a life saver! Works quickly and very well. I get bad anxiety and worry a lot which causes recent and sometimes unbearable stomach upset. One pill and I'm good! I am so happy I found relief. It does cause constipation for me but I'd much rather deal with that!

October 2, 2011 12:23 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I suffer from both severe emetophobia (fear of vomiting) AND a panic disorder which causes nausea and gastric upset. I spent many years trapped in a horrible cycle of panicking any time I felt the slightest twinge of nausea, which in turn, induced intense stomach upset, sometimes to the point of heaving. I've tried other anti-nausea medication in the past (Phenergran, Compazine), with so-so results, and the annoying side effect of extreme drowsiness. Zofran has been a real lifesaver for me. Within minutes of taking a pill, my nausea subsides. The only side effect I've experienced has been constipation, but I'll take that over vomiting any day!

September 15, 2011 4:12 AM