User Reviews for Meclizine

Also known as: Antivert, Antrizine, Bonine, D-Vert, Dramamine II, Dramamine Less Drowsy, Driminate II, Help I'm Nauseous, Meclicot, Medivert, Meni-D, Motion-Time, Ru-Vert-M, Sea-Calm, Travel-Ease, Verticalm

Learn more about Meclizine.

Motion Sickness 21 reviews 109 medications

7.5
Summary of Meclizine reviews 70 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Meclizine

Review by Nessz (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

meclizine for Motion Sickness: I have used meclizine on cruises and boat trips as I am susceptible to sea sickness in moderately rough waters or worse. Although it makes me a little sleepy, it's not so bad that it affects what I do. It just makes it a little hard to get up in the morning- takes me a little longer to feel "awake". Otherwise, I usually feel very good with no nausea. I used it on a *very* rough boat ride once and although I never threw up, I was nauseous for the last half of the trip. However, considering how sick others were, I felt it was still helping me quite a bit.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 8, 2014 8:36 PM
Review by Dana J: User Rating:

meclizine for Vertigo: I have taken this for years, as I've had vertigo problems ever since a head injury years ago. For the person who can't find it, go to your CVS, Walgreens, etc and ask them to order it in bulk.

February 11, 2014 5:40 PM
Review by AlaskaGuy: User Rating:

meclizine for Vertigo: I have vertigo a few times a year. Diagnosis is inconclusive but possibly Meniere's. Meclizine helps a lot. I have almost no side effects, but it sometimes only mitigates, doesn't eliminate, the vertigo. I'm 6'4" and 230 pounds and wonder if the dosage instructions are sensitive to body weight.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 16, 2013 1:27 PM
Review by Ray, From South Carolina (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

meclizine for Vertigo: I just had my second case of vertigo and tried 25mg of Meclizine and like many others it worked very well but I could not stay awake. My doctor changed my med to the 12.5 mg and I like that much better. Still stay a little tired but at least I am not sleeping all day.

November 24, 2013 8:53 PM
Review by Itwasrough: User Rating:

Bonine (meclizine) for Motion Sickness: On the advise of a friend my wife and I started taking Bonine 24 hrs before we departed on a small ship cruise in the Caribbean. It was the best advise we could have gotten because at night while traveling between the islands the weather was very very rough. Over half the people on the cruise were extremely sea sick and miserable. We felt fine and had no issues at all. I highly recommend this product.

September 18, 2013 10:15 PM
Review by joelatuna99: User Rating:

meclizine for Vertigo: I have had positional vertigo off and on since 1983. When vertigo rears its head I turn to meclizine. I take 25 milligrams a day. It is the best medicine I have found for vertigo.

July 25, 2013 8:38 PM
Review by andi n (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

meclizine for Vertigo: I'm a 71 year old woman. Have vertigo and nausea that lasts for months. The Transderm-Scop patch helped off and on, but it is supposed to be worn on the neck and it would itch and leave a rash. So, I tried meclizine. No dizziness, but I can't get out of bed. Tiredness over comes me. Not sure what to try next.

June 21, 2013 8:05 AM
Review by Helenvb66: User Rating:

Bonine (meclizine) for Motion Sickness: I didn't get motion sickness until AFTER we got off our 7 day cruise. I have been fighting nausea and dizziness for a week now (The doctor said it is normal to suffer this after a cruise), after reading these reviews, I went and bought Bonine. I took one pill and I feel great! Sure wish I had researched this a week ago!

June 18, 2013 1:55 PM
Review by queen of hearts: User Rating:

meclizine for Vertigo: I could not lift my head off the pillow for two days. I was so nauseous and lightheaded. I finally went the doctor and he diagnosed my with BPPV and central vertigo. He gave me this medication and the next day I felt way better. I have had to take one every morning since. But it didn't make me really tired. Just a little sleepy. Hope this helps.

June 14, 2013 11:43 PM
Review by BUN BUN (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

meclizine for Vertigo: I have had 2 episodes of vertigo that were 9 months apart. The 2nd was worse than the first, in that it had vomiting accompanied with the vertigo. I must say though that in both times, meclizine helped to relieve my symptoms. I hope this is the last time I experience vertigo. I do not find that it makes me unable to function.

May 28, 2013 5:31 AM
Review by NicAlbrecht (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

meclizine for Vertigo: This helps my vertigo quite quickly but, leaves me very sleepy after a short while. I can only take half of a 25 mg tablet at a time.

May 15, 2013 10:34 AM
Review by Mrediam: User Rating:

meclizine for Motion Sickness: Used it for scuba diving from a boat. Before using meclizine, couldn't keep my stomach contents where they belonged. Ruined several dive trips. After taking 25mg, I got to watch the other divers handing over the boat feeding the fish with their breakfast. Heavy seas, no problem. Got it at Target.

April 29, 2013 5:34 PM
Review by bigbird 63 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

meclizine for Vertigo: It worked but the first day of taking after my vertigo issue I slept all day & all night. Took second day and all I did was sleep, I can't take it and function and definitely go to work and take it. I walk around in a fog even if try to keep busy while taking during the day.

April 28, 2013 11:04 PM
Review by Joshua I. G. (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

meclizine for Vertigo: I use meclizine for chronic vertigo related to Ramsay Hunt Syndrome and FMS. It is the only thing I've found to stop the spin, or at least make it less extreme.

April 15, 2013 2:20 AM
Review by JVC0914: User Rating:

Bonine (meclizine) for Motion Sickness: My husband and I went on a 3 night Bahamas cruise for a romantic getaway.. I get "sea sick" when traveling at times, but was thinking big ship = less motion? Wrong! I was sick by dinner @6pm and we boarded at 4pm. I was so upset :( crying, nauseous, disappointed. My husband & I went to the gift shop & found Bonine. I took 2 & got very drowsy but no more sea sickness. I decided the next dose I would take 1 pill & see if that went better..it did! So for the rest I'd the trip I took 1 pill every recommended dosing time, and I did not have sickness or drowsiness again. Bonine was amazing for me! Highly recommend it and it was worth every penny.

March 29, 2013 10:11 AM
Review by Al Peters: User Rating:

meclizine for Vertigo: My Dr prescribed 25MG tablets of meclizine a couple of years ago. I take it on an "as needed" basis and it has taken care of the times I have symptoms of lightheadedness or dizziness, maybe once or twice a month. I have had no side effects and sleep well with or without the tablet and can drive with no problem.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 17, 2013 4:11 PM
Review by Mix: User Rating:

meclizine for Vertigo: The vertigo seem to go away. I only experience it now when I lay down and only for a few seconds. But I noticed something different and I don't know if it is the effect of the medicine. My senses seemed heightened, especially my sense of smell. And my awareness seem to be on the edge too. A sudden sound or even a suspenseful scene in a movie cranks my adrenaline. My son dropped his bottle of milk and I thought I would have a heart attack! My heart jumped at the sudden noise.

March 9, 2013 11:45 PM
Review by Jdk41: User Rating:

meclizine for Motion Sickness: I use to dread flights, elevators and fishing trips because of sickness. Took Bonine on a snorkeling trip and was actually able to eat on the boat! It really works for me and I am amazed because I have tried everything and doubted this medication would help. I highly recommend Meclizine!

February 13, 2013 3:32 PM
Review by GibbyGirl (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

meclizine for Nausea/Vomiting: I have poor tolerance of many medicines but was given Meclizine when I became extremely ill on a cruise. It (chewable form) calmed my stomach within 1/2 an hour and gave me the best night's sleep in a long time! Next morning, I was like a new person. I used it again after gall bladder surgery when other medicines (Zofran, Compazine) produced horrible side effects, & again just last week when I had stomach "flu"...the doctor was skeptical and wrote a script for Zofran anyway, but the meclizine worked SO much better for quelling the nausea. I generally think that drugs do more harm than good but when you're lying on the floor unable to keep down food or water & something (meclizine) relieves that, it's like a miracle.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 4, 2013 8:06 PM
Review by Sammijo1122: User Rating:

meclizine for Vertigo: This really helped me with the nausea and dizziness of Vertigo. It does make one VERY sleepy. I could only take a HALF of a 25mg pill. It's been 2 days and I am still sleepy, but it helps so much

January 19, 2013 4:20 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

meclizine for Vertigo: I have Meniere's disease. When it hits I am on the floor in the bathroom nauseous for hours. I take meclizine at any indication that the Meniere's is acting up. It is a miracle for me. I have zero side effects. Not sleepy or groggy, and not dizzy or sick.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 25, 2012 2:55 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bonine (meclizine) for Vertigo: I took 2 Bonine tablets (1-2 tabs recommended on label) and felt ok - was able to drive and go to places. Took another one before bed and I overslept only to wake up with a heavy headedness, like I was on antidepressants. Did not like the feeling and did not want to go driving under these conditions.

August 20, 2012 11:27 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

meclizine for Vertigo: I took 5 doses of this medication - it made me sleepy which made it difficult to function. I was unable to drive myself and concentrate at work. I also developed a rash on my neck. I was instructed by the pharmacist to stop taking the medication, take a Benadryl and apply an over the counter cortisone on the rash. The rash went away within two days but I still have vertigo. I am being told that there is no other medication that can be prescribed.

April 17, 2012 6:54 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bonine (meclizine) for Nausea/Vomiting: A friend of mine told me to take Bonine because I have horrible morning sickness. I'm pregnant with my third child and it's an awful thing to have to chase after two kids with morning sickness! It worked wonders for me. I would tell everyone to at least try it!

April 17, 2012 12:09 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

meclizine for Vertigo: I have been taking this medicine now for 3 days, however I still suffer the dizziness and have noticed it makes me sleepy, and I don't know if this is a side affect or not but I have very irritable since starting it. I'm not going to be able to take it due to working with clients all day and on the computer. My mind is so foggy.

March 4, 2012 11:26 AM
Page 1 2 3 Next

Learn how medication, diet, and exercise are key to managing Multiple Sclerosis. Click Here