User Reviews for Meclizine

Also known as: Antivert, Antrizine, Bonine, D-Vert, Dramamine All Day Less Drowsy, Dramamine II, Dramamine Less Drowsy, Driminate II, Help I'm Nauseous, Meclicot, Medivert, Meni-D, Motion-Time, Ru-Vert-M, Sea-Calm, ...show all 18 brand names

Learn more about Meclizine.

Motion Sickness 28 reviews 114 medications

9.1
Nausea/Vomiting 6 reviews 154 medications

7.8
Vertigo 71 reviews 29 medications

7.5
Summary of Meclizine reviews 105 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Meclizine

For Vertigo: "Dizzy in KC you should see your doc ASAP. I am your same age and had a similar experience. I was diagnosed with Miniere's Disease by an ENT. It's been a couple of weeks and I'm finally starting to feel a little better, thanks to the Meclizine and diuretic."

Dizzy in Euless January 20, 2016

For Vertigo: "This is my second day taking antivert 12.5 mg,for my vertigo. I can't tell if is working well for me ...?? I still feel so dizzy and I feel like I'm walking on clouds. I am willing to give a try a little bit longer and see how do I feel later. Side effects so far so good maybe little bit just drowsiness,. The past 5 years I have chronic sinuses which aggravates my middle ear the fluid just don't drained well and stays in my middle ear.This is horrible, my balance is off because of that condition and I am constantly taking antibiotics. That's why I'm willing to try this medication and see if it's working for me."

Anonymous January 14, 2016

For Vertigo: "I have been taking this as needed for a year now. I was experiencing bad vertigo and ended up having a brain tumor. 2 surgeries and 3 hospitalizations later I still experience some vertigo and vision issues. I take 25 mg as needed and it helps tremendously! It does make you drowsy, but after using it for awhile that side effect does subside. I have had no other side effects from it, I find it very calming and it also helps with mild nausea which typically accompanies the vertigo."

cristina_weena January 6, 2016

For Vertigo: "I am 47 going to be 48 this month. I've always been healthy with no issues. This past month/year I was at work and felt dizzy, sat down and threw up and then passed out, they called EMT's for me. Rushed to the ER and was told possible extreme vertigo. I went to my PCP and she concurred and put me on 12.5 Meclizine 3 x a day. Its been 2 days and I feel like I'm drunk. I am having a bad earache and can't focus well. I drove to work fine, once I sat still for 30-45 min the feeling of dizziness came back. I can't walk more than a few feet without looking and feeling drunk. I've been on Meclizine for 4-5 days now. I can not live feeling drunk all day.....is there any other meds that don't do this? Thank you for your advise."

Dizzyin KC January 4, 2016

Antivert (meclizine) for Vertigo: "I use meclizine/antivert every day of my life.. Every 6 hours, I can take up to 50mg. Unfortunately, I have a horrible diagnosis of vertigo, followed with BPPV. I rely on this medicine so much, I feel as if it's becoming ineffective.. :( Had real bad attacks in November. I got admitted to the hospital, and it took multiple doses, & 14 hours for the room to just stop spinning completely.. I have bad issues with my vertigo still. Can't sleep without the room spinning, it's hard to drive sometimes, and it's hard to function without feeling like I'm about to get dizzy all over again. Ugh. Just hope it stops completely soon. Been dealing with this daily since April 2012.."

xoxodnk (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was having morning sickness symptoms while going through menopause. I was sick for 3 months, having every test know to man to figure out why I was nauseated 24/7. Then on a whim, my gastrologist gave me a prescription for Antivert/Meclizine. Wow, within 20 minutes the nausea had subsided. You have to continue your dosage until the nausea has passed. Sort of build up in your system. Stop too soon and the misses comes right back. Now I only use it occasionally."

Susie7usa December 17, 2015

For Vertigo: "I have been on meclizine for about a year now. One day at work I turned my head really fast and got so dizzy I felt like I was going to pass out. My doctor put me on the medicine 25mg every 6 hours as need. Also went to therapy for the vertigo but was told I didn't have vertigo and got sent home with a Popsicle stick and eye excercise to do (which don't work). My doctor is saying I'm dizzy because of my job and how my head and neck is always down. The meclizine works good but only last for a 3 hours before it wears off. Hoping my doctor will up the mg, or let me take more in a day. Oh and for the tiredness side effect, it's does go away once your body gets used to it."

Kimber2191 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 17, 2015

Bonine (meclizine) for Motion Sickness: "I wanted to take a helicopter ride while on a trip to Kauai. I have a horrible history of motion sickness. Someone suggested Bonine so I tried that. I not only made it through the entire 90 minute ride, but I actually enjoyed it and didn't once have the horrible motion sick feeling. "

RJarman October 28, 2015

For Vertigo: "One day 3 years ago I woke up and was dizzy out of the blue. That continued everyday for a year and a half. Finally my doctor put me on meclizine and it took a few days but it works really well. I've been on it now for over a year and take half a pill every night before bed. A whole pill puts me out of commission. Lately I have been noticing side affects though. Weight gain, blurry vision, more frequent urination and increased mucus. Due to these side affects I would like to get off this medication but not sure what I can take that will help me but have less side affects"

Mackattack01 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 26, 2015

For Vertigo: "I've had vertigo for years. I take meclizine but have had vertigo since this morning and the meclizine is not working. I am only taking 12.5 mg. I used to take 25 but couldn't stay awake so my doctor cut the dosage down to half. Miserable. Can't lay down so have to sit up in living chair tonight."

tobys mom October 25, 2015

Bonine (meclizine) for Motion Sickness: "I love to fish but would get very seasick. Once I discovered Bonine I never got seasick again! I take one the day before and one just before i get on the boat. Works great!"

Mrocciarm September 13, 2015

For Vertigo: "I have experienced vertigo off and on for two years. Twice the vertigo was so bad I could not stand or sit on my own and I had dry heaves. Meclizine worked very well for me and I experienced minimal side effects. It does not make me so drowsy that I can't work, so that's a plus."

VertiGoAway August 30, 2015

For Vertigo: "i have had dizzy spells everyday for the past few years. my mom thought it was my eyes getting worse so i got new proscription and that did not help. i went to the doctor and they put me on this medicine. it worked for two days and then my dizziness just worse."

vickiex3http://www.drugs.com/m (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2015

Antivert (meclizine) for Vertigo: "I took this medication for Vertigo,, it made me so sick,, so I stopped taking it... It didn't do anything for me.."

Nameless one August 6, 2015

For Vertigo: "I have had relief from SSRI (zoloft) withdrawal using otc meclizine. Specifically with that fuzzy head and vertigo like eye motion symptoms."

my 2 cents July 30, 2015

For Vertigo: "I have been STRUGGLING immensely from dizziness, feeling off balance, light headed, & vertigo for over a MONTH now!! So bad it landed me in the ER and I've been off work. I read about Meclizine and asked my Doctor to prescribe me some. I was hesitant to take it at first since the drowsiness side effect. I held off for a few days. Finally took some yesterday (25 mg, took 2/day). Woke up today and for the first time I can stand up without feeling like I'm going to fall!! I am still not 100% but this definitely did help with the dizziness and spinning!!"

Delilah R. (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2015

For Vertigo: "I have had several extreme bouts of vertigo over the past couple of years follwed predictably by nausea and vomiting. after about 3 hours I can get up but for the next 24-36 hours I just want to rest sleep as it takes all the starch out of me. this last time, I have been given a diagnosis of Meniere's Disease. the last vertigo attack happened in a public place and resulted in a trip to the ER room. they gave me Meclizine and I think it was helpful in the aftermath as I felt like my balance was off for a couple of days. if I feel another attack coming (they are hard to foretell) I may try the 3x daily 25mg to head it off. I asked my doctor if I should stay on it but he said no...not sure why?"

the wizard July 9, 2015

For Vertigo: "I went to the ER for extreme Vertigo a little over a week ago.... This was drop me to my knees, room spinning, vomiting Vertigo...... The ER first gave me Valium, but the results weren't that great, so they then gave me meclizine and wrote me RX for some to have at home.... It didn't work that great the first day, because my symptoms were so extreme but over time, everything is starting to go back to normal. It's just going very sloooowly. My balance is back and I'm not dizzy anymore, but I still feel foggy. I'm weening myself off and only taking 1/2 a pill at night...... When taking the 3 pills a day, it was very tired and loopy and I couldn't remember anything. Also, driving is out of the question! I felt like I was drunk."

SarahCuda (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2015

For Vertigo: "I've been a dizzy person all my life and I just always managed it. Then in the last few weeks, it has been worse than I've ever experienced before: dizzy spells, sensation of spinning. Nothing extreme but enough to keep me in the house a few days. Took a 25 mg pill. No quick relief, but within an hour, there was a noticeable difference. Basically the screws tightened up and I wasn't as dizzy. Then, after 90 minutes, the vertigo was mostly gone. After 2 hours, it was totally gone. I'm still a bit flabbergasted. Did I just suffer all those years for nothing? Cheap drug too. Easily accessible, even over the counter. Only complaint: A little slow to work."

K11199 July 4, 2015

For Vertigo: "I was prescribed the 25mg pill when I experienced light headedness and dizzy spells for a couple of days. The Dr. told me that I had fluid behind my ear canal causing vertigo and that the med would help. I've taken it twice since last night. Its helping a lot. But, makes me withdrawn and very tired."

TRISH77 June 7, 2015

Bonine (meclizine) for Motion Sickness: "My youngest son gets carsick after being in the car for 30 minutes. I discovered these tablets and give him a half of a pill an hour before we leave as directed, and he's golden. He does not experience drowsiness and acts like his normal self. Trips have become manageable now and I don't cringe with the puke bucket."

Working Mom of 2 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 25, 2015

Dramamine II (meclizine) for Vertigo: "It works just as good as the others. Took up to two a day when really bad."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2015

For Vertigo: "Over the weekend I went to the ER for intense spinning sensation lasting for 3 days and getting worse. I was diagnosed with vertigo accompanied by nystagmus. I feel like a bobble head. I was given meclizine. I spent the entire day sleeping however the spinning and bobbing has greatly decreased. I'm taking 25 mg 3 times daily and I must say I am getting better and I'm no longer experiencing the sleepy side effect with it. Eagerly waiting to feel 100% again. This is my first time experiencing vertigo and I must say it really scared me. But this medication is really helping thankfully."

AJ40 March 16, 2015

Bonine (meclizine) for Motion Sickness: "I learned to sail keelboats 8 years ago. I love it, but am prone to seasickness. I tried ginger initially but that was ineffective. Then a friend suggested Bonine and I have used it ever since. I don't feel drowsy while sailing, but on the drive home after sailing and all the next day I can be very drowsy. To combat the drowsiness I tried reducing my dose, I now take 1/3-1/2 a tablet each time I go out (once or twice a week), increasing the dose up to 1-1/2 tablets if I expect rough seas. Over the 7 years of twice a week use, I have only had trouble twice in stormy 6 ft seas. Highly recommend, but figure out your best dose. I have taken it for up to 10 days continuously without ill effects."

dlb333 March 3, 2015

For Vertigo: "12.5 mg helps with sensations of dizziness, spinning, balance problems, but makes me unable to function for 24hr. Very drowsy. I am 5.5, 106lbs."

Sam_FM February 27, 2015