User Reviews for Promethazine

Also known as: Adgan, Anergan 50, Antinaus 50, Phenadoz, Phenazine 50, Phenergan, Phenergan Fortis, Phenoject-50, Pro-Med, Promethegan, V-Gan-25, V-Gan-50

Learn more about Promethazine.

Allergic Reactions 3 reviews 174 medications

Vertigo 5 reviews 28 medications

6.2
Summary of Promethazine reviews 124 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Promethazine

Phenergan (promethazine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "It worked to help me sleep every time I tried except once. Also is great if you are sick to your stomach. I have never used it for allergies, but I want to. Try it if your Doctor lets you."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2015

Phenergan (promethazine) for Sedation: "I was prescribed this for my 6 yr old daughter to help her sleep. I've only been using it a couple of nights but it doesn't seem to be working. I am giving her the 3x5ml dose and giving her it at 6pm and up to now she is still not going to sleep before 11pm. Am I not giving her enough or not giving it enough time to work? Advice greatly appreciated! Thanks"

Ghand79 August 28, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "This medicine saved my life I had severe nausea couldn't keep anything down. I was at the point where I thought this pregnancy would kill me but my doc introduced me to this medicine and it changed my life. I love it and I always keep it around"

mommy to be (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2015

For Light Sedation: "I came across this by accident and after two tablets all my medical ailments disappeared (anxiety, stress and IBS-D) . Off diazapam and Imodium now . Amazing after 40 years of misery that I can now enjoy life. Plus no sleeping tablets now either --- result !!!!"

Shon 48 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2015

Phenergan (promethazine) for Sedation: "took one 25mg to help me sleep however the next day I felt awful like id been drugged just couldn't wake up this lasted all day.i wont be taking them again .my wife on the other hand takes them every night with no problems"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2015

For Allergic Reactions: "wonderfull drug they still give it iv I suffer bad bad cluster headaches this along with pain meds take them away"

nute (taken for 10 years or more) July 21, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I take this now and I'm pregnant. It's the only medication that has completely helped my nausea. The only bad thing is it makes me extremely tired and that's not good because I'm a stay at home mother of a very energized 3 year old."

Unique22 (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "my dr gave it to me for morning sickness and it seems like it makes it worse. they gave me 25mg i took it 3 times and threw up each time and only wanted to sleep...after reading people mention they took a 10mg dose i broke my pill in half thinking maybe the dose is too high because i dont take medicine like that and so far i haven't really felt too nauseous but will keep monitoring it glad i looked at other peoples results with the medicine"

jlbizzle June 18, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Really helps me out very well."

Bya. April 19, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Promethazine is a god send to me. I'm on many other medications, which get me sick every morning, feeling nauea/vomiting, dizziness, etc. Promethazine takes all that away from me, and I love it! I really recommend this drug for people who get morning sickness, or are RX'd a strong narcotic (Oxycodone, Morphine, Methadone, etc.), it helps and takes away the bad side effects of the narcotic. It's RX'd as a opiate adjunct. Works wonders."

Methacodone (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 8, 2015

Phenergan (promethazine) for Allergic Reactions: "I got given it at first by emergency department when a rash was breaking out over my face. It works. But I also have anxiety and have found it to be way better than Valium etc. I feel relaxed and too not sleep I'll just take half a tablet but at night the 25 mg tablet helps my allergies and is a god send to relax the mind. I love it. I've noticed some people take it for nausea. I have always used stemitel and that works almost instantly. And I have no adverse reactions to either. I don't know why they don't use this for anxiety and such"

Tempylyra (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I just got put on Promethazine for nausea and vomiting. I started out liking it a lot, but now not so much as I thought I was feeling better seems I've gotten worse. Was only having normal side effects, now starting to have more severe side effects. Gave a 5 because I did like it and was helpful."

Babygirl2332 March 21, 2015

For Sedation: "I started taking phenergen to assist with ongoing bad allergies (to dust mite and pollen) and found it very effective for this as well as guaranteeing me a good night sleep. I only take a 10mg dose about 1 hour before bed and no later than 8pm if I want to wake early for exercise before work. I find if I take it any later I am lethargic at 0530 and take a bit to get going. I have also used the syrup for my young boys as a rare sleep aid. Both my husband (who was prescribed it when he had an allergic reaction to penicillin) and eldest 5 yo are affected by this antihistamine/sleep aid. It makes them groggy and crabby the next day. My youngest (3yo) and I have only positive effects from it."

Scrach (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 4, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Always a very positive experience."

TimmyBear February 19, 2015

Phenergan (promethazine) for Sedation: "I have no problem falling asleep, but wake in the night and sometimes cannot fall back to sleep. I take one half tablet 12.5 mg of Phenergen and even if my sleep is disturbed I fall back to sleep easily, and wake up refreshed."

Jamwock (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 19, 2015

Phenergan (promethazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I have ulcerative colitis with nausea everyday. I take 1 10mg tablet in the morning and within an hour the nausea has disappeared. It's a miracle!"

Anonnn February 9, 2015

For Sedation: "I suffer from nightmares. At my doctor's suggestion I have been taking one Phenergan at night for many years. They calm my sleep and I have hardly any nightmares now. I tried sleeping pills first but they made me feel as if I was in living in cotton wool through the day. I also tried Nytol but they made me hyper and unable to sleep! If I forget to take a tablet I will have nightmares that night. Have not had any side effects at all. Tablets available over the counter at the chemist."

djeban (taken for 10 years or more) January 27, 2015

Phenergan (promethazine) for Opiate Adjunct: "Was prescribed Phenergan with opioids after highly invasive complex oral surgery. Slept for a week & did not care if my mouth hurt. Best stuff ever."

Chicken67 January 19, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Got this prescribed to me when I had a bug a few months back. Recently I have had recurring Clostridium Difficile (infection in the stomach) for a few months. I take Promethazine when I feel nauseated and it always works in about half an hour. It makes me extremely tired, but its worth it if it combats the nausea. That being said, it doesn't work for any stomach ailment other than nausea (pain, cramping, bloating). I love knowing it's around just in case I need it. (PS if you are really going to throw up, it will come out the other end after promethazine.)"

CDiff (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 24, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I am pregnant and have severe nausea so my doc gave me these pills. They are amazing but they act like a sleeping pill. I went to bed at 5 pm and woke up at 7 am next morning. I like not feeling sick but I don't like sleeping so much when I take it."

sunshine022611 December 14, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I have had to take this to keep from being sick from vertigo caused by Multiple Sclerosis. It has worked very well if I catch it before it gets to the point of actually vomiting. A little dizzy means, "OMG! I HATE throwing up! Dive, dive, DIVE!" All while I throw myself at the bottle like I'm throwing myself on a live grenade to save my platoon. The ONLY reason it does not rate a ten is what I feel to be too long of a lag between ingestion, of a tablet, and the beginning of efficacy."

IrishCloverNYC (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 1, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I only take promethazine when I'm severely nauseous to the point where I can't unclench my teeth. And let me tell you right now that this pill is magical. After half an hour the nausea is completely gone. But I've never gotten sleepy with it. I've actually had no side effects."

Sweetlytoxic November 19, 2014

For Sedation: "I found this little gem a few years ago. Whilst in my late forties I had a blocked nose I spent a fortune on remedies and although this sounds insignificant it became a constant annoyance as symptoms were so awful it caused nose bleeds, cold sores in my nose, sleepless nights etc. Eventually I went to the doctor who informed me it was a allergy. Beconase nasal spray and a antihistamine tablet. This I used daily as my allergy didn't subside with the changing seasons, it held it back on a good month although I never had a restful sleep. Then I found Phenergen and since I started taking it just before bedtime all of my symptoms have gone! The down side is I find it challenging to buy!"

Artycooper (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 15, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I'm still throwing up"

Fuckpromethazine November 13, 2014

For : "I see others call this their miracle and lifesaver and so do I. I have no idea what is wrong with me, but since an antibiotic reaction a few years ago I have become sensitized to a million things. I get what I call 'body storms,' with anxiety, gut issues, heat flutters, loss of temperature control, strange skin and internal sensations and hallucinations. For some reason phenergan seems to fix the lot! I don't think I'd still be here without it! I take 10mg if I feel the reaction mildly, and have occasionally gone as high as three 10mgs in one night. On one 10mg I sleep well but don't have any dopiness the next day. On 20mg I do feel a bit sleepy and my mood is down in the morning but it beats the body storms!"

Keechpeach (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 8, 2014