User Reviews for Promethazine

Also known as: Adgan, Anergan 50, Antinaus 50, Phenadoz, Phenazine 50, Phenergan, Phenergan Fortis, Phenoject-50, Pro-Med, Promethegan, V-Gan-25, V-Gan-50

Learn more about Promethazine.

Allergic Reactions 3 reviews 181 medications

Vertigo 5 reviews 29 medications

6.2
Summary of Promethazine reviews 136 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Promethazine

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I have never heard of this medication being used for anything but nausea and vomiting but it helps me I have GERD, acid re-flux all the time and some foods make me sick to my stomach if it gets too bad I will take half a 25 mg tablet if that does not work I take the other half it states on script not to take more than one every 8 hours so taking two at one time would literally be overdosing my medication and not using it as prescribed I do not recommend doing that with this medication it knocks me out with just one half of a dose anything over what is prescribed is abusing the prescription. As far as knocking me out I actually want to sleep when I am nauseated so I am glad it knocks me out so I do not get sick to my stomach any more"

sstone January 31, 2016

For Sedation: "I've always suffered with bad sleeping patterns and anxiety around stressful times such as exams or when I have a lot of deadlines, taking two of these (25mg each) knocks me out and means I don't have the bad anxiety dreams (that used to stop me from thinking straight) and now I get everything sorted the next day."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2016

For Sedation: "Great if you take it to calm down. I use it for severe agitation."

ThatJames December 7, 2015

Phenergan (promethazine) for Motion Sickness: "Hallucinations, nausea, irritability and exhausted"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was prescribed this medicine about a year and a half ago to get over a stomach bug. Then, when I got Clostridium Difficile a year ago, I asked for this medicine again. I have an undetermined stomach condition that I've had since I can remember. It makes me feel nauseous often. My doctor gave me a refillable prescription of Promethazine. Every single time I take promethazine, my nausea is gone in 40 minutes or less! It has been wonderful for me. It does make me sleepy, but its worth it for me if it stops the nausea. I take 1/2 of a 25mg tablet if I'm feeling only somewhat bad, 1 tablet if I'm feeling bad, and rarely two tablets if I feel extremely bad. It is the only thing I've tried that always works completely without fail. I love it!"

PromethazineFan (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 10, 2015

Phenergan (promethazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was diagnosed with H Pylori and I was throwing up and nauseated every day for an entire month finally I was hospitalized and they gave me phenergran and God Bless the person who created this drug. Even now when I feel the slightest bit of nausea I take it and it'll knock me out and wake up feeling great"

Anonymous November 4, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was nauseous and in pain for 3 months straight couldn't hold anything down at all. Dr could not figure out what was wrong, I lost 70lbs in that three months from not eating anything but applesauce and water. Two years ago I was diagnosed with GERD acid reflux and a hiatus hernia, still with the meds they put me on I was unable to hold food down maybe toast rice water etc. Finally my Dr introduced me to promethazine, it has been my best friend I take it probably 3 to 4 times a week and everytime within 30~40min it works fabulous. I would recommend it to anyone who has nauseous/vomiting issues."

Nikki326hunter October 19, 2015

For Sedation: "I take phernergan to help me sleep when I am run down or am needing that extra bit of sleep. It always knocks me out within an hour and I sleep like a baby! I struggle to wake up if I take a higher dosage but I wake up feeling refreshed and like I have slept for years! I recommend it to everyone who has trouble sleeping! I have also used it for hay fever but never really saw any remarkable changed in my allergy."

Kate111 October 8, 2015

Phenergan (promethazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "All opiates make me sick so I have to take promethazine with them. Also the only thing that stopped my morning sickness."

Honeybee36 (taken for 10 years or more) October 5, 2015

For Sedation: "I'm an 18 year old female and was prescribed this drug by my doctor as I have trouble sleeping. Now I sleep great but have trouble waking up in the morning and feel tired and light headed for the rest of the day. Not sure if this is normal or not for this medication"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2015

Phenergan (promethazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I tried this medicine a day after I vomited three times and had that nausea feeling and that next day I vomited once in the morning but when I went to the medical centre they gave me the prescription for phenergan. I fell asleep instantly for two hours and a half and woke up refreshed and my stomach did not hurt for the rest of the day and I didn't vomit ever since. It's the best medicine for nausea and vomiting."

S.laz September 24, 2015

For Sedation: "I am 53 year old male. I hurt my leg during an accident cliff jumping in the lake causing seveir leg damage.Doctor gave me Promethazine for nausea but I found that it really helps me sleep during pain epesodes from the operation. I have been taking 25 milligrams before sleeping. it's like placing a warm blanket over you, reduceing anxiety and coping with pain Allowing sleep."

iron racer September 2, 2015

Phenergan (promethazine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "It worked to help me sleep every time I tried except once. Also is great if you are sick to your stomach. I have never used it for allergies, but I want to. Try it if your Doctor lets you."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2015

Phenergan (promethazine) for Sedation: "I was prescribed this for my 6 yr old daughter to help her sleep. I've only been using it a couple of nights but it doesn't seem to be working. I am giving her the 3x5ml dose and giving her it at 6pm and up to now she is still not going to sleep before 11pm. Am I not giving her enough or not giving it enough time to work? Advice greatly appreciated! Thanks"

Ghand79 August 28, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "This medicine saved my life I had severe nausea couldn't keep anything down. I was at the point where I thought this pregnancy would kill me but my doc introduced me to this medicine and it changed my life. I love it and I always keep it around"

mommy to be (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2015

For Light Sedation: "I came across this by accident and after two tablets all my medical ailments disappeared (anxiety, stress and IBS-D) . Off diazapam and Imodium now . Amazing after 40 years of misery that I can now enjoy life. Plus no sleeping tablets now either --- result !!!!"

Shon 48 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2015

Phenergan (promethazine) for Sedation: "took one 25mg to help me sleep however the next day I felt awful like id been drugged just couldn't wake up this lasted all day.i wont be taking them again .my wife on the other hand takes them every night with no problems"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2015

For Allergic Reactions: "wonderfull drug they still give it iv I suffer bad bad cluster headaches this along with pain meds take them away"

nute (taken for 10 years or more) July 21, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I take this now and I'm pregnant. It's the only medication that has completely helped my nausea. The only bad thing is it makes me extremely tired and that's not good because I'm a stay at home mother of a very energized 3 year old."

Unique22 (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "my dr gave it to me for morning sickness and it seems like it makes it worse. they gave me 25mg i took it 3 times and threw up each time and only wanted to sleep...after reading people mention they took a 10mg dose i broke my pill in half thinking maybe the dose is too high because i dont take medicine like that and so far i haven't really felt too nauseous but will keep monitoring it glad i looked at other peoples results with the medicine"

jlbizzle June 18, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Really helps me out very well."

Bya. April 19, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Promethazine is a god send to me. I'm on many other medications, which get me sick every morning, feeling nauea/vomiting, dizziness, etc. Promethazine takes all that away from me, and I love it! I really recommend this drug for people who get morning sickness, or are RX'd a strong narcotic (Oxycodone, Morphine, Methadone, etc.), it helps and takes away the bad side effects of the narcotic. It's RX'd as a opiate adjunct. Works wonders."

Methacodone (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 8, 2015

Phenergan (promethazine) for Allergic Reactions: "I got given it at first by emergency department when a rash was breaking out over my face. It works. But I also have anxiety and have found it to be way better than Valium etc. I feel relaxed and too not sleep I'll just take half a tablet but at night the 25 mg tablet helps my allergies and is a god send to relax the mind. I love it. I've noticed some people take it for nausea. I have always used stemitel and that works almost instantly. And I have no adverse reactions to either. I don't know why they don't use this for anxiety and such"

Tempylyra (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I just got put on Promethazine for nausea and vomiting. I started out liking it a lot, but now not so much as I thought I was feeling better seems I've gotten worse. Was only having normal side effects, now starting to have more severe side effects. Gave a 5 because I did like it and was helpful."

Babygirl2332 March 21, 2015

For Sedation: "I started taking phenergen to assist with ongoing bad allergies (to dust mite and pollen) and found it very effective for this as well as guaranteeing me a good night sleep. I only take a 10mg dose about 1 hour before bed and no later than 8pm if I want to wake early for exercise before work. I find if I take it any later I am lethargic at 0530 and take a bit to get going. I have also used the syrup for my young boys as a rare sleep aid. Both my husband (who was prescribed it when he had an allergic reaction to penicillin) and eldest 5 yo are affected by this antihistamine/sleep aid. It makes them groggy and crabby the next day. My youngest (3yo) and I have only positive effects from it."

Scrach (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 4, 2015