User Reviews for Zofran

Pruritus 0 reviews 289 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Zofran reviews 94 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Zofran

Review by asbeen (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Nausea/Vomiting: I've had reoccurring nausea for over a year now. The bouts of nausea, dry heaving and vomiting only bile would last for hours. Phenergan did nothing, but Zofran, within 5 min (usually) I'm cured. It does make you sleepy, but well worth a little tiredness. It is expensive without insurance.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 22, 2014 6:07 PM

Review by HealthyHanna (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Gastroenteritis: It hid hard and fast and took me completely by surprise when I found myself dealing with vomiting and stuff uncontrollably exiting through the other end at the very same time. A five day prescription of Zofran from my doctor took care of everything quickly and with no side effects. Thank goodness for Zofran!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 9, 2014 1:57 PM

Review by camille10:

For Nausea/Vomiting: I have generalized anxiety disorder and suffer from emetophobia. The anxiety causes stomach upset and the fear of throwing up increases the anxiety in a vicious cycle. My psychiatrist prescribed Zofran while I was trying out SSRI's to help me get through the first few weeks of side effects. I am now on Celexa with a lot less anxiety and only take Zofran as needed! It works great it just makes me feel sleepy. Haven't run into any constipation yet.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 7, 2014 11:51 AM

Review by DaMaFia6iX (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: Going through chemotherapy for ALL for 3 years, and I've tried EVERY available CNIV that I could get when I was doing my chemotherapy. Zofran by far was the best for me specifically the sublingual (melt under the tongue) it also has a cherry taste to it and the taste of it gives me an almost instantaneously feeling of the symptoms being not as bad and then as it finally melts it greatly reduces the symptom if not completely stops them. Sometimes unfortunately there's times that even though it reduced symptoms that the CNIV was just stronger and I'd still not feel to well and still have CNIV but it did at least help and make it more tolerable when it didn't completely take it away.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 5, 2014 6:39 PM

Review by O.Lou (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Nausea/Vomiting: This medication works wonders for me whenever I feel sick or nauseous. The flavored tablets that disintegrate under the tongue or in the mouth are very convenient and work really quickly to relieve nausea/vomiting. The only real side effect from it that I have noticed is a slight tired feeling. I'd much rather feel a little sleepy than sick to my stomach. I really recommend this medicine if your doctor also feels that it is right for you.

May 3, 2014 4:22 PM

Review by ritzi (taken for less than 1 month):

For Nausea/Vomiting, Postoperative: Was given Zofran for nausea in Recovery Room before going to same-day surgery unit prior to release. Ended up with nausea, dizziness, vomiting & shivering. After 2nd vomiting episode I was given Phenergan & was able to be released in another couple of hours.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 30, 2014 9:27 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Nausea/Vomiting: Very expensive but works for me. I just take one a day.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 7, 2014 11:32 PM

Review by TangoKilo (taken for less than 1 month):

For Nausea/Vomiting: I was given Zofran for nausea. I took it for one day. It took care of the nausea but gave me a bad headache so I am asking for something else.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 27, 2014 9:30 AM

For Nausea/Vomiting: 16 year old daughter was having headaches and was doing infusions with medications. Used Zofran for nausea. Immediately after it was injected she had a severe allergic reaction, could not breathe, felt her throat tighten up, shortness of breath, dizziness, anxiety, shivering and sweating. Oxygen was given and this passed quickly within 5 minutes. Was observed in ER and there were no other effects after that episode.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 9, 2014 8:26 PM

Review by The Beev:

For Gastroenteritis: Excellent help with severe nausea caused by IBS, SIBO and gastritis.

January 24, 2014 9:14 AM

Review by Me34 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Nausea/Vomiting: Took one after liposuction. Worked wonders

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2014 6:33 PM

Review by pinksfan (taken for less than 1 month):

For Nausea/Vomiting, Postoperative: Zofran worked wonders after my operation. Significantly decreased my nausea. It's a great medication in my eyes.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 8, 2014 10:54 PM

Review by brey (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Nausea/Vomiting: Thankfully, this really works.

December 1, 2013 10:57 PM

Review by ashley mom of 3:

For Nausea/Vomiting: As this viral stomach bug tore thru me and all my kids it presented excruciating stomach pains I was prescribed zofran for myself after puking and going diahrea for 8 hrs back to back with no relief it worked like a miracle....as this bug started on each kid I let them puke 6 times to get the virus out, once they were consistently dry heaving I gave one tablet (4mg) which is recommended for 2 to 12 yr. Olds thank god it allowed the stomach contractions to subside and they fell asleep!!!!! However would not use on kids 4 and under with out consulting an md

November 10, 2013 11:24 PM

Review by Hein:

For Nausea/Vomiting: Took my 2 year old grandson to ER after vomiting/nausea all morning. Zofran was administered. He had seizure within 2 minutes after the drug was administered and another two seizures within 12 hours. Spinal fluid showed no abnormality neither the EEG or the MRI brainscan. Neurologist decided Zofran to have caused the seizures. The amount administered not known but a seond dose were given because " he spit out" the first.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 25, 2013 1:31 PM

Review by hhgville (taken for less than 1 month):

For Gastroenteritis: This is my miracle medicine. Best medicine I have ever taken in my life. Works for me in 1-2 minutes. Have nausea from acid reflux and feel instantly better. A little sleepy but it doesn't put me in a deep slumber. Love Zofran.

October 14, 2013 7:47 AM

Review by Kteel (taken for less than 1 month):

For Nausea/Vomiting: I have had three pregnancies and with the first two the morning sickness was bearable enough without medication. This time around I have had trouble making it to work and have been constantly miserable, nauseous and dry heaving. I took my first Zofran last night and the only complaint I have is that I wish it was non-drowsy. I almost fell asleep at my desk today. However, I will take drowsiness over nausea any way. Thank you Zofran.

August 21, 2013 1:06 PM

Review by Nw:

For Nausea/Vomiting: This works perfectly, I'd highly recommend it.

August 18, 2013 12:52 PM

Review by Medulloman (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: A cancer patients best friend. I find it horribly constipating so I always take it with a stool softener.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 29, 2013 9:49 AM

Review by princess chi chi:

For Nausea/Vomiting: Love it when you are pregnant. The only medicine that works.

June 2, 2013 4:27 PM

Review by Carriewhohasbeenthere:

For Nausea/Vomiting: Currently popular in ER's, it has had no effect. Once they have given maximum number of dosages and I am still actively vomiting. Finally I get old fashioned Phenergan and then things turn around.

May 11, 2013 1:24 AM

Review by Onephebe (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Nausea/Vomiting: Excellent success in relieving symptoms from hyperemesis gravadarum.

March 19, 2013 12:52 AM

Review by allgoodwell:

For Nausea/Vomiting: Worked fantastic!! I highly recommend.

January 8, 2013 4:24 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Nausea/Vomiting: My daughter was experiences a constant unexplained ache in her stomach and a feeling that she was going to throw up, that no stomach test could find. 3 months later an MRI showed she had an AVM in her brain. Surgery to repair took all symptoms away. 3 years later she started having the same feelings. Found out the feeling of throwing up was the aura before partial seizures they didn't know she was having. Still was having the gnawing ache. One amazing doctor suggested Zofran...it was our miracle. She has been fine ever since.

December 13, 2012 4:18 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: Overall, it has been the best anti-emetic available for chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting. The downfall is gastric slowdown-- which can become more pronounced if on vinca alkaloid chemo or opioids.

October 21, 2012 11:28 AM