User Reviews for Benadryl

Learn more about Benadryl.

Motion Sickness 0 reviews 109 medications

Urticaria 0 reviews 185 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Benadryl reviews 16 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Benadryl

Review by Leelo (taken for 10 years or more):

For Hay Fever: Benadryl knocks all my symptoms out, the only problem is it can knock me out too but when nothing else works, Benadryl will do it. It's cheap, effective and available in every store.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 19, 2014 10:17 AM

For Nausea/Vomiting: I have emtophobia, that is, a pervasive fear of vomiting. I do not know if this affects vomiting, but if I feel nauseous, Benadryl works wonders. My stomach settles right down and my anxiety lowers just enough for me to deal with it without the use of benzodiazepines.

June 15, 2012 10:24 PM

Review by benny d. reAl (taken for 10 years or more):

For Allergic Reactions: Relieves most allergy symptoms.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 22, 2012 1:33 AM

Review by Jen234 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Allergic Reactions: I use this medicine for weather allergies and allergies to medications when I need it. It does help greatly but does not last long and my burning sensation comes back into my body and the hives start to show. However a lot of people say that this medicine makes them feel sedated. I have the complete opposite I take 1 before bed and I will not sleep.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 12, 2012 11:48 PM

For Nausea/Vomiting: Didn't seem to work very well for me.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 12, 2012 10:37 AM

Review by AllergySufferer:

For Allergic Reactions: Works well and is one of my to go-to antihistamines. However it is very sedating and is also not long-lasting. It would work great for someone with insomnia as a milder sleep-aid, but for my use I would say that it works, but makes you sedated.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 14, 2012 9:01 PM

For Cough: Variant asthma, chronic, have been on many antihistamines and other costly asthma medicines over the years. I began taking Benadryl in late November 2011. Taking 25 mg after awakening in the morning followed an hour or so later with 25 mg with another 25mg early afternoon (when symptoms occur) and 25 mg prior to bedtime in conjunction with Symbicort twice/day. I have a much improved quality of life and am beginning to have some control over the chronic cough.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 7, 2012 4:24 PM

Review by hscolnik:

For Insomnia: I have used it on and off for years to help me sleep in the day (I work 3rd shift) and it is consistently helpful.

November 26, 2011 5:33 AM

For Hay Fever: I absolutely love Benadryl. It's works fast when I need it and relieves the symptoms enough to make me feel comfortable. It does make me sleepy so I take it at night. I do take it during the day occasionally when I know I don't have to drive anywhere.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 5, 2011 12:55 AM

For Hay Fever: I took this medicine for the first time in my life when I was 19 years old. It didn't work, it gave me the worst side effects ever. Upset stomach, bad headache, body cramps, and dizziness.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 29, 2011 12:47 AM

Review by yvonne11:

For Cold Symptoms: I have a very bad cold and not getting much sleep. Took two Benadryl and feel much better.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 9, 2011 12:55 AM

For Cold Symptoms: Very good to dry up the drainage that makes that tickling in your throat.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 19, 2011 10:26 AM

For Allergic Reactions: I like this medicine, but unfortunately developed an allergy to it, yes contrary to ANYONE'S belief I AM allergic to Benadryl. My legs started to get really, really hot and felt like I just had to stretch them and run them under freezing cold water, then I woke up with hives all over.

October 23, 2010 4:13 PM

Review by diphenman:

For Insomnia: Works excellent if you haven't built a tolerance to it. After a few days of use you may find the medicine is less effective than it was when you first used it. Benadryl knocks me out quite quick when I use it, the only problem I have with it is that I tend to oversleep or wake up groggy the morning after, which is generally relieved with some sort of caffeinated beverage.

May 3, 2010 7:40 PM

For Allergic Reactions: Made me fall asleep. Makes me way too tired.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 16, 2010 4:32 PM

For Cough: I have a chronic cough and at night I take 4 teaspoons of children's Benadryl. I don't cough at all at night.

November 18, 2009 9:49 PM

Review by Izzy23:

For Hay Fever: Dampens down allergy symptoms fast when nothing else available outside of a doctor's office or hospital will. Yes, it puts me right to sleep, so it's not my first choice for everyday seasonal allergy control, but this is the one to keep in the first aid kit for unexpected allergen encounters.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 17, 2009 12:55 AM

Review by lfsilva:

For Insomnia: I find that this causes me to only awaken with a severe headache. It can also cause a very restless and agitated feeling making it difficult to fall asleep.

November 10, 2009 4:15 PM

For Allergic Reactions: A little known and rare side effect of this drug is a condition that would probably be called idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP). This describes a serious depletion of platelets in the blood. The blood will not clot properly and an injury can be life threatening due to uncontrolled bleeding. It's rare but if it happens and the cause is not figured out by your physician(s) this is a big problem.

October 20, 2009 10:25 AM

Review by DE19702:

For Insomnia: After having scripts for lots of different benzodiazepines and sleeping pills, I still rely on this a couple times a month. The ONLY problem is after a couple of days it loses it's effectiveness. It is perfect for sleep and not feeling drugged.

October 16, 2009 12:12 PM