User Reviews for Skyla

Learn more about Skyla.

Skyla review summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 188 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Skyla to treat Birth Control

Review by DanieM2014 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I went on Skyla on 9.17.14 the experience has been okay just a few side effects I wasn't fully aware of. 1. I gained 10 pounds in one month. I got really odd cravings and was also very hungry all of a sudden. 2. My hair started shedding in clumps but that has slowed down tremendously. 3. I still get cramps maybe not a heavy flow but still crazy cramps during my time of the month. Other then these three. Things have been pretty good.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 1, 2014 12:30 AM

Review by Allison 2:

Been on it for a little over 2 months. The first month was non stop spotting and a lot of it along with really bad cramps. Finally it stopped and I got my first official period since getting the Skyla along with serious period sypmtoms and a feeling of extreme exhaustion. Then about a week and half after the period I began spotting again for the next 2 weeks. Now I have insane mood swings, gas, minor cramps..period symptoms. This birth control is obviously working because of the changes going on. It just comes at a cost.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 14, 2014 2:17 PM

Review by renee5710:

In May of 2010 I went into labor at 20 weeks but other than that I do not have any kids. I typically have a high pain tolerance but when I went and got the Skyla put in I started having contractions. This lasted for about 30 minutes and of course did not feel very good. I cramped for the rest of the day, but other than that haven't had any "difficulties". I was on the depo shot for 2+ years and my periods had gone away. I've had light bleeding with the Skyla and was told this was normal. I've only been on it for a little over a month now but I've noticed that past few weeks I have been SUPER hungry. I'm not sure if this is because my "periods" are coming back or what, but I'm hoping this goes away.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2014 6:23 PM

Review by wyo lyd (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I got the Skyla IUD put in in the beginning of May 2014 due to my inability to take combined hormonal birth control of any sort due to major migraines and mood swings. My first two periods after insertion gave me the most terrible cramps, but have since lightened up a lot as has my period flow. It messed with my sex drive for a while, but that seems to have evened out as well. The only real downside that I can tell is the 3 or so days of spotting after my period, but that has slowly been disappearing as well. I would honestly suggest the Skyla to anyone after all my terrible experiences with other birth controls this has been a major God send.

September 12, 2014 4:19 PM