User Reviews for Skyla

8.7
Summary of Skyla reviews 8 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Skyla

Review by Ashley T (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: My experience with Skyla has been pretty good so far, I have had it in for 4 months now. Getting it inserted was fairly simple and I felt little pain. The cramping was pretty severe immediately after the procedure and for the next couple days, so I suggest having someone drive you to and from the procedure. I had spotting on and off for the next 3 months but no other side effects.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 29, 2015 2:11 PM

Review by liv879 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I had my Skyla inserted in May of 2014. I have a condition that I have to take medication which limited me from the use of other birth controls. Skyla gives me a lot more comfort because it is more effective than other methods of birth control. I do get cysts that grow on my uterus and rupture mostly before my cycle which is very painful, but the pain is worth the results! I highly recommend this birth control.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2015 6:40 PM

Review by Esha85 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I got the Skyla put in October 2014. The procedure hurt like a mother but after I got home and took a nap I was fine. Had light to spotty periods for a couple months. Now I only know when it's that time when I get my normal PMS symptoms. I unfortunately am one of the unlucky percentage that ended up with the acne side effect which is really irritating. Thought getting of the pill I would lose weight but at first it did but it came back. Nice not taking a pill everyday but will not be renewing this med.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 7, 2015 6:52 PM

Review by thistlesandthorns (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I had my Skyla IUD inserted 04 Sep 2014 so I am only commenting on my first month after having it inserted. I am a 33 year old woman, no children, and hormonal birth control was no longer agreeing with my body (mood swings, heavy bleeding, large clots, periods lasting 2 weeks, etc.) My doctor and I agreed to the Skyla IUD (I had already done research.) So far so good. I haven't had any mood or sex drive changes and feel 100% better than I did on oral contraceptives. Out of pocket, my IUD would have cost $1400. My insurance covered 100% of it. Update: Month #4 and still no issues. No side effects. I keep track of everything so I know what to expect and when until my body fully adjusts.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 17, 2014 7:57 AM

Review by DanieM2014 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I went on Skyla on 9.17.14 the experience has been okay just a few side effects I wasn't fully aware of. 1. I gained 10 pounds in one month. I got really odd cravings and was also very hungry all of a sudden. 2. My hair started shedding in clumps but that has slowed down tremendously. 3. I still get cramps maybe not a heavy flow but still crazy cramps during my time of the month. Other then these three. Things have been pretty good.

December 1, 2014 12:30 AM

Review by Allison 2:

For Birth Control: Been on it for a little over 2 months. The first month was non stop spotting and a lot of it along with really bad cramps. Finally it stopped and I got my first official period since getting the Skyla along with serious period sypmtoms and a feeling of extreme exhaustion. Then about a week and half after the period I began spotting again for the next 2 weeks. Now I have insane mood swings, gas, minor cramps..period symptoms. This birth control is obviously working because of the changes going on. It just comes at a cost.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 14, 2014 2:17 PM

Review by renee5710:

For Birth Control: In May of 2010 I went into labor at 20 weeks but other than that I do not have any kids. I typically have a high pain tolerance but when I went and got the Skyla put in I started having contractions. This lasted for about 30 minutes and of course did not feel very good. I cramped for the rest of the day, but other than that haven't had any "difficulties". I was on the depo shot for 2+ years and my periods had gone away. I've had light bleeding with the Skyla and was told this was normal. I've only been on it for a little over a month now but I've noticed that past few weeks I have been SUPER hungry. I'm not sure if this is because my "periods" are coming back or what, but I'm hoping this goes away.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2014 6:23 PM

Review by wyo lyd (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I got the Skyla IUD put in in the beginning of May 2014 due to my inability to take combined hormonal birth control of any sort due to major migraines and mood swings. My first two periods after insertion gave me the most terrible cramps, but have since lightened up a lot as has my period flow. It messed with my sex drive for a while, but that seems to have evened out as well. The only real downside that I can tell is the 3 or so days of spotting after my period, but that has slowly been disappearing as well. I would honestly suggest the Skyla to anyone after all my terrible experiences with other birth controls this has been a major God send.

September 12, 2014 4:19 PM