User Reviews for Skyla

8.8
Summary of Skyla reviews 3 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Skyla

Review by renee5710:

For Birth Control: In May of 2010 I went into labor at 20 weeks but other than that I do not have any kids. I typically have a high pain tolerance but when I went and got the Skyla put in I started having contractions. This lasted for about 30 minutes and of course did not feel very good. I cramped for the rest of the day, but other than that haven't had any "difficulties". I was on the depo shot for 2+ years and my periods had gone away. I've had light bleeding with the Skyla and was told this was normal. I've only been on it for a little over a month now but I've noticed that past few weeks I have been SUPER hungry. I'm not sure if this is because my "periods" are coming back or what, but I'm hoping this goes away.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2014 6:23 PM

Review by thistlesandthorns (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I had my Skyla IUD inserted 04 Sep 2014 so I am only commenting on my first month after having it inserted. I am a 33 year old woman, no children, and hormonal birth control was no longer agreeing with my body (mood swings, heavy bleeding, large clots, periods lasting 2 weeks, etc.) My doctor and I agreed to the Skyla IUD (I had already done research.) So far so good. I haven't had any mood or sex drive changes and feel 100% better than I did on oral contraceptives. Out of pocket, my IUD would have cost $1400. My insurance covered 100% of it.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 2, 2014 1:51 PM

Review by wyo lyd (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I got the Skyla IUD put in in the beginning of May 2014 due to my inability to take combined hormonal birth control of any sort due to major migraines and mood swings. My first two periods after insertion gave me the most terrible cramps, but have since lightened up a lot as has my period flow. It messed with my sex drive for a while, but that seems to have evened out as well. The only real downside that I can tell is the 3 or so days of spotting after my period, but that has slowly been disappearing as well. I would honestly suggest the Skyla to anyone after all my terrible experiences with other birth controls this has been a major God send.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate