User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Tri-Sprintec Rating Summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 233 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec to treat Birth Control

"I had been taking ortho tri cyclen lo but had to switch to this generic tri lo sprintec. I started it on vacation with my fiancé in Hawaii and it made me SO moody, irritable, angry, and crazy! Not much can ruin a vaca in Hawaii, but it definitely caused me to start a lot of fights with my s/o. Seriously, these side effects are so real. I'm sure it affects everyone differently, but I'm switching right away. That's the first thing my fiancé said to me too- caused me to not act my normal self, cry about everything and make everything a difficult situation. Such a terrible experience. No babies though.."

Anonymous May 3, 2016

"I have been taking this birth control and I can tell you that it is working for me. I used to take another birth control that made me always moody and depressed. But with this birth control I have been the same (actually even more relaxed). I was surprised when I saw so many people talking about the side effects because I've got almost none so far. Sometimes a little headache but that is it. My skin has been getting better and my boobs are also getting a little bigger so that's a plus. My weight has not changed but I am also very active. I hope this helps people to understand that any pill you take, will have a different effect on each individual."

Hiiiiii May 1, 2016

"worst birth controL. BADDD MOOD SWINGS! ive been taking for about a year and ive noticed all i do is cry over dumb shit. I am starting to have really bad anxiety and i quit i didnt even finish the whole back. everytime near my period i get angry . dont take this. please."

eriiuiaiaiia April 28, 2016

"Well I not pregnant but this pill has killed my sex drive. I had no prior problems with being "turned on" now there's nothing and sex is just painful now. Also pretty sure it's the reason I've been having constant yeast infections for months now."

Scissor (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 24, 2016

"I went on this medication because I needed to regulate my periods. I've been on it since January and everyone can tell in depressed. I used to be outgoing and talkative but now my boyfriend can just ask me a simple question and I'll break down and cry."

RyneSkye (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2016

"I have been on tri sprintec for almost 3 years now. It was pretty bad for months after starting this pill. I had mood swings, I had moments were I felt depressed. I changed for a few months to the patch and depo, I liked the patch which I lost weight on, but I constantly worried it would fall off and the adhesive gave me a rash. Depo made me way to emotion and hungry. I gained weight on the pill but I'm not sure if it was because of the pill or because I started college. I have lost some of the weight since. I love that my periods are predictable and regular as well as short. I still get a few cramps and acne, but that only happens the day before my period. I no longer feel depressed or have crazy mood swings."

KGA2016 April 18, 2016

"It's first time taking birth control, so I wasn't completely sure what to expect. I've been taking it for two weeks now and it has made me extremely emotional, nauseous every morning (I take the pill at night), I have no appetite, my boobs are very sore, and I've had spotting after my period for about a week now. I'd say the worst side effect is my emotional state. I went from being a completely optimistic and happy person to feeling depressed and off balance every day. I've cried almost every single day and for no reason. I hate this feeling. I don't feel like myself at all. I'm going to continue with the first three months (unless the effects worsen) only because I already paid for it, but I'll be talking to my dr about switching."

Senoritaaaa April 10, 2016

"Has worked wonderfully for me! Take it religiously."

Fgyvyvyvuvuvuvyvy- April 5, 2016

"I started taking this two months ago, I was told it was the generic version of ortho tricyclen. It sucks. I've never had mood swings or anxiety like this before. I get so mad and emotional over the most ridiculous things and usually Im pretty happy and upbeat. It also did nothing for my cramps during my period, they were terrible and that's not an issue I've had on my previous birth control."

EmmC90 March 27, 2016

"I went on this mostly to clear up my acne and regulate my period. Not worth it, it may have helped a little with the acne and regulating periods but the side effects are terrible. I have always been a chill person and it has made me crazy and gain weight."

Karley (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2016

"This is my second month taking it and my breast are so sore first month I took it I was fine I feel nauseous all the time I'm gaining a lot of weight it's sad never had I felt like this on bc but only one more month left . Then I can try to have a baby been irregular all my life I'm 25 now still no kids ."

Bunny88 March 13, 2016

"I was on ortho tri cyclen previous for years and my gyno decided to put me on tri sprintec worst thing ever! Bad side effects awful insomnia and felt so anxious and moody for 3 months, something I never felt before. I had to go back on ortho bc of the side effects"

K.A March 11, 2016

"I have taken Tri Sprintec for 2 months and I refuse to start the third month. It makes me terribly nauseous, to the point where I will throw up about 4 times a day. (it happened so often I thought I was actually pregnant, which I am not). I have never been a sad person but since I started taking this pill I have been extremely depressed and have had terrible mood swings. It also causes tenderness of my boobs that I've never felt before and is extremely uncomfortable. Everyone's bodies are different but I had a horrible experience with this pill."

Anonymous March 9, 2016

"It took me a while before I was able to find a BC that really worked for me. I had taken one that was supposed to give me 4 periods a year BUT instead I ended up spotting everyday and having mood swings. Then I tried the Depo shot (which I loved) but my mom was extremely terrified of what it might do to me because of the bad experience she had with it. I got off because of her. So, I decided to get back on the very first one that I was on, which was ortho tri cyclen lo, but my doctor told me about Trisprintec and how relatively cheaper it was compared to ortho tri cyclen lo and how it does the same thing (it%u2019s the generic brand of ortho). Let me say, it has been the BEST birth control that I have ever taken! I don%u2019t ever have side effects. It%u2019s like everything is normal and it%u2019s doing its job. It actually shocked me when I saw there were people who were having horrible experiences with this BC but everyone%u2019s body is different. It%u2019s extremely cost effective and works like a charm on my end."

Lex T (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 3, 2016

"I started taking Tri Sprintec as my first birth control. I needed something that was going to take away my nausea and vomitting when it came time for my period to start. It did just that. But now I'm nauseous all the time, I have terrible cramps all of the time. I have terrible, terrible mood swings. Not to mention the weight gain and my boobs got bigger. Now the boobs getting bigger part isn't bad, it's painful when your breasts are just really tender all of the time. Not to mention sex became painful while taking this. I do not recommend this drug. I've been taking it for 3 months now and I hate it. 3 months of pure suck. I'll definitely be getting a different pill on my next appointment."

Tbrizzy (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2016

"ok so I'm 17 and have taken this for only 2 days and already CRAZY emotional. also gotten some pretty severe headaches. I'll update further on about acne/weight gain/period lightening... but so far not sure if I'm liking it"

kinsr February 23, 2016

"Worst experience ever! I hate it I have been taking the tri-sprintec and I can't take it anymore, the side effects are just out of control, I gained weight within the first two weeks of taking it and I don't eat a lot just regular three times; then I started breaking out horribly the first week which I have never had a problem with acne my skin has always been clear of acne. And don't let me get started with the mood swings. This has been such a horrible experience with this birth control. I know all body's are different, but I wouldn't recommend it. I'm on my third week and I'll finish the month. But after that I'm not taking it."

Ruth ramos (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2016

"I've used a lot of birth controls and they all made me gain a lot of weight and I was always bloated, my friend said tri sprintec was great if I wanted to stay in shape. My doctor said no matter what any birth control pills would make me gain weight because they contain hormones but its been 3 months since I started them and the only side effect is my boobs just started getting bigger but I'm not complaining :) effectiveness, I'm not sure cause I haven't been with anyone since but I'm sure its effective, thats what my friend said she's been using it for 2 years and she never uses condoms"

mamk (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2016

"3 weeks into taking this birth control I experienced severe anxiety, debilitating panic attacks that sent me to urgent care and kept me from working, depression, sensitivity to light and sound, racing heart, insomnia, and a complete personality change for the worse. My family didn't want to be around me. I stopped taking this drug 4 days ago and already feel a tremendous difference. I no longer have anxiety about going to bed at night, or driving on fast roads, or anything else that used to shut me down before. I have noticed a difference in my outlook on life, my personality, and it's only been 4 days. My doctor told me it can take a week to get completely out of my system but I am seeing improvement everyday. Consumers BEWARE of this drug."

CaitiLH (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2016

"I took Tri-Sprintec awhile. Last October I started bleeding profusely & found out I had a miscarriage! The claim is 1% chance or something like that of getting pregnant, Here it is January & still bleeding going to have to have a hysterectomy @ 35yo on the 12th of February,"

Amanda J January 25, 2016

"I was on tri-sprintec for years with no real problems. I had consistent break through bleeding for a few months in a row and had to switch to something monophasic. I didn't realize until after the switch how bloated and constipated tri-sprintec made me. I thought I had IBS or something, but no, it was the bcp"

eirbua January 18, 2016

"Don't take that pill, I gained a lot of weight, I got depressed and with anxiety, I always wanted to eat... I took it for only one month and now I have like 4 days without that pill and I feel like I'm gaining more and more weight (I'm eating so well, I go to the gym everyday...)"

Anna kar January 12, 2016

"This pill worked great for clearing up my acne on my face and back. It took a few months but once it worked it really did help for that. It also worked really well at preventing pregnancy which it should. However, this pill made me gain like 10 pounds... I didn't really notice when I was on it, but once I went off of it I lost a substantial amount of weight...It also made me act crazy. I was constantly yelling at people and losing my temper. It didn't have my friend gain weight when she took it so I guess side effects vary from person to person... I don't think I'd recommend it though."

anonymous33445532 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 9, 2016

"I normally take Tri-Linyah but my pharmacy was out so they gave me this because it is generic for it. I've been on it for less than a week and my emotions are all over the place. All I do is want to cry, my anxiety is crazy high, I am depressed. Low sex drive, headaches, horrible nausea. I have even experienced vaginal dryness. Very irritable and horrible mood swings. I've never had any of these issues before. I know medicine affects people differently but I will not be taking this medicine anymore."

yelhsaekoorb (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2016

"I'm 19, and after a very poor experience with the birth control Beyaz, I was switched to Tri-Sprintec. After several months, my cramps have decreased in pain and my acne that I have struggled with for over 5 years is almost completely gone! I am amazed! haha. PLEASE, don't read reviews on the internet for a specific birth control and assume that will be your experience. Your hormones and needs are very unique, and it may take a few switches to fully figure out which brand is meant for you. I spent countless hours stressing over reviews/etc when I really just needed to try and see what happened. Birth control is complicated and will not affect any two women the same way. Listen to your doctor and trust what they say!"

Ayl (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2016