User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Tri-Sprintec Review Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 209 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec to treat Birth Control

"This pill did horrible things to me. I felt nauseous constantly and experienced severe anxiety. So much so, that I could not leave the house without crying. I was depressed and gained 8 pounds. All of this in less than a few months. I finally went off Tri Sprintec when I realized that it was causing me these side effects. Absolutely terrifying experience."

wintyS August 31, 2015

"While Tri-Sprintec is effective at preventing an unwanted pregnancy it has the worst side effects I have ever experienced on a birth control pill ever. I've only been on it for a little over a week and I have to stop using it. It has given me excruciating stomach aches, nausea, fatigue, migraines, and worst of all it is aggravating my anxiety levels. I feel like I'm on the verge of having a major panic attack since I started taking this awful pill. Not only is my anxiety getting out of control but I also feel depressed and uninterested in everything. All I want to do is sleep. I wish my stupid insurance covered ortho tri-cylcen lo, that has been the best pill so far. I don't recomment tri-sprintec to anyone."

lalashi485 August 25, 2015

"I was on Tri-Sprintec for a year and a half. It's very effective against pregnancy, I believe it helped with acne. I didn't experience any weight gain, However, I did go through a very traumatic 4 month phase before I stopped taking it. Let's see, I had anxiety attacks. I've never in life had anxiety attacks, not even anxiety. I was moody 21 days and happy the 5 days while on my cycle. I was paranoid, scared, cried a lot and had rage. I stopped taking tri sprintec, and boom, pregnant with twins. But ever since I stopped taking tri sprintec, I haven't experienced any of those things yet, and my twins are 2 years old"

TraumaticPhase August 18, 2015

"I took Tri Sprintec for 3 years and the first 2.5 years were great! Very effective at preventing pregnancy and even lightened my periods. However after that I started to feel very nauseated my first week of a pack and then became so depressed during the second week that I could not get out of bed. I know others who have had this experience after extended use."

GSprinks August 6, 2015

"I was on this pill for 4 years. The side effects were pretty bad. I'd get migraines. I'd cry a lot. I became paranoid about things. Had severe anxiety. Was depressed a lot. Pretty much things that I never felt before until I got on this pill. Very effective in preventing pregnancy but would otherwise not recommend."

thecrazy89 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 1, 2015

"I was on the birth control Ortho Tri Cyclen for about 4-5 months. It was the best birth control I have been on. I had finally found the one that best fit my body. My skin was flawless, even if I would forget to wash my face it would not break out. I also had light periods, they were not always regular but they were very light. It was great. I went to my pharmacy to pick it up & they gave me the generic Tri Sprintec. This is literally the worst experience I have had on a birth control. I have tried at least 5 to 6 different ones & this is by far the worst. I have read good experiences with this medication, but mine is definitley not. I have under the skin bumps on my face that will go away in a week to find more. My periods are so heavy"

keelybateman (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2015

"Started this a few months ago and the first month I had a 4 week long period which was not fun, however I've had no weight gain whatsoever, increased sex drive, and less acne! I really like this birth control and now my periods are completely regular after that terrible first month."

zoe0828 July 25, 2015

"I am 20 years old and I had been on Tri Sprintec for about 5-6 months and never really thought about it giving me major side effects. I had previously been on Levora for 5 years with the purpose of getting rid of major cramps. After 5 years my cramps began to come back so I switched to this one without any precaution. Long story short I ended up in the suicide ward because I was having major thoughts about suicide (which I NEVER have even thought of) along with major depression and my anxiety level increased drastically.. So be careful and change your pills if you need to."

kittycatarina July 24, 2015

"I went on these pills for preventing pregnancy. My doctor told me to not have unprotected sex the first week. I had unprotected sex twice in the beginning of the second week and I got paranoid when I researched the brand and found out they were generic-pregnancy rate is higher. These are combination pills-means that I did not have to take it at the exact time every day. The pills gave me crazy side effects as soon as I started them. Nausea happened everyday for the first 2 weeks to the point where I would throw up or go to the bathroom. I started eating a lot more and gained 3 pounds in the first week. Did not experience emotional changes. Got my period at the end of the last row and lasted 7 days. Not bad brand if you don't have insurance."

brittany1997 July 24, 2015

"I was on Tri-Sprintec and its predecessor for about 4.5 years. The first 3.5-4 years were great! My skin was perfect except for an occasional blemish here or there. But then it started to go down hill fast. I was hungry ALL the time, and even if I ate my normal meals (not giving into my hunger) I still managed to gain a good 10-15lbs that I could NOT lose. Also towards the end of my usage I became violently angry. Like I would be angry allllll the time and that's just not me! I'm normally happy and pleasant. Also my skin started to get really bad as it was prior to being on BC. Overall it wasn't that great."

Heatherhcw (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 19, 2015

"I went to the gyno for the first time in April. I was not on BC but I was sexually active in a committed relationship. My German gyno with 50 years of experience recommended BC but I said I was not comfortable with it because of hormone things and other side effects I had heard of. She insisted and I caved. She told me to stop using condoms after the first two weeks of BC. I had never done that before. I read the BC prescription insert when I picked up the meds and decided it was safe to follow the doctor's advice. I TOOK EVERY PILL AROUND 7:00 EVERY DAY. Many won't believe me, but that doesn't matter because it's true. It is July. I am 6 weeks pregnant. Trust it if you want to, but mine isn't the only I got pregnant on Tri-Sprintec story."

Jen1125 July 8, 2015

"It has been a very good birth control it just made me very sick at first. It made me so sick that I actually lost weight. I constantly felt nauseous and even made me throw up sometime. The first few months I had normal to light periods and my skin was glowing! Aside from how sick it made me, I definitely recommend this birth control."

Bryze June 30, 2015

"I've been taking it for about three months and I have no problems. Maybe a slight spike in emotions here and there, especially around the days of my period. I take them every mornings as soon and I wake up. My skin has also been pretty clear, a zit here and there maybe. I've had no weight gain. My period has been extremely regular, like mind blowing regular! And it's also extremely effective for the prevention of pregnancy! I love this pill. I was previously on LoEsterin and I had significant weight gain, so this stuff is miraculous! Love my birth control!"

Hannaah (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2015

"I was on this birth control from September to April (last full month taking it)> At first I didn't have any problems, but by the third month I was crazy emotional and would cry for no reason, my boobs grew from a B to a big C almost a D, and I gained about 7 on it and felt constantly bloated. My periods weren't significantly better. The only positive thing was that I was baby free, and I had an increased sex drive."

ley452 June 9, 2015

"I started taking tri sprintec about a year ago for unbearable cramps and it did help out in that department but I wasn't as responsible with taking it at the same time everyday as I am now. I stopped taking tri sprintec last year because I was inconsistent and every time I would miss a few days it would make me sick. Once I was off of it for a year I never tried anything so recently I decided to give it another shot because I feel more responsible with it and I am, I've been taking it every day on time for the first month, when I went to refill my prescription they didn't refill me for 4 days , I went 4 days without taking the pill & I have never felt more horrible from it , nausea, the whole 9 yards. never had luck with this contraception."

gabrielle95 May 31, 2015

"I took this for 3 months to regulate my period and reduce the pain. It didn't help with the unbearable pain, but it kinda worked for regulating for one of the 3 months."

Blumenkohl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2015

"Well I took Tri- sprintec for a couple of months. No problems. Then I stopped taking it for a month. Got back on it. It's been almost a month since I've been back on it and the first week I was bloated to where it was uncomfortable. Starting peeing a lot. Felt very nausea for 2 weeks. To where it would keep me up at night. After the nausea went away my boobs felt a little sore. But those symptoms slowly went away. The only big problem I have with It now is that it's making me obsess over my stomach. I'm naturally skinny and it's made me gain so much weight and on top of that I'm still extremely bloated. It's really making me really upset! Thinking about changing BC. Haven't had my period this month yet. Should start next week."

KJ8 May 20, 2015

"I've been on it for three years and no pregnancy scares. No weight gain, nothing. My only complaint is my sex drive is nonexistant ."

DorisTheSpider (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 8, 2015

"Works pretty well as birth control but I take it mainly for period regulation. It does well with that too. I don't mind the weight gain or the fact that I am constantly eating/snacking since I'm pretty active and my metabolism surprisingly keeps up w/my cravings. the most interesting thing I noticed was actually an increase in my sex drive. usually the opposite right? But this stuff makes me want to do it all the time! I stopped it for a month because it was making me way too emotional, I would cry literally every morning at work. But then I noticed a decrease in sexual desire and extreme difficulty getting an orgasm (w my boyfriend AND by myself). needless to say I went right back to taking them. small price to pay for an amazing sex-life."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 29, 2015

"I'm almost done with my first month of the pill. So far, its been quite a ride. I noticed a change in my acne right away, so I was super optimistic.. and then my period was late by about a week.. and then I got super moody and today i am stuck in bed vommitting. To me, its a small price to pay for clear skin and pregnancy free. The pill is extremely effective."

taylormitchell (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2015

"Let me just start with the fact that if I am going to buy or use anything under the sun, it is more than likely that I have read every review ever written on the item before buying/using it, etc. Before going on the pill, I read reviews for at least 100 different brands/versions of the combo pill and mini-pill before narrowing it down to three options (all combo pills). I talked each option over with my OBGYN and we settled on Tri-Sprintec for a few reasons. A. Triphasic (mirrors natural hormone levels better) B. Estrogen/androgen/progestin ingredients/levels help with acne and C. First two weeks of pills are low dose. Pros: no mood swings, no weight gain except in boobs Cons: medium cramps, slight breakthrough bleeding. Overall: Love it!"

ak11101 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2015

"Took it the right way and didn't have any children"

Ididnthavekids February 7, 2015

"Been taking since August of 2014. LOVE IT. Haven't gained any weight but I also work out regularly and eat healthy. Went up one cup size so far and they seem to be getting a little better which I don't hate! My acne has gotten a lot better. But there was about a week when I took it late everyday and I started breaking out bad. Sex is great, body looks good. Just a little more emotional than before too. Great for everyone!"

cmustudent January 17, 2015

"I've been on Tri-Sprintec for years and my period is extremely regular and I get it on the same day every month. Acne has always been an issue, but it has definitely lightened up a bit since taking this birth control. If I miss a pill, my body lets me know. I get very nauseous and experience cramping just because I am so (reliant) in a sense, on it. Also, I never had any significant weight change at all while taking it. I also have gone up a cup size too! I've had no trouble with Tri-Sprintec and would recommend it to others."

NicoleXO November 25, 2014

"I was on this bc 2 & a half months before I decided to stop. This was not my first BC & previously I had no issues with bc. The first month was okay but around the 2nd month I started having terrible nausea at nighttime. To the point where I wasn't able to leave the house. I also had extremely decreased libido. Went from having sex daily to maybe once a week. No change in weight or appetite other than not wanting to eat because of the nausea. I have now been off of trisprintec for about a week & haven't had any nighttime nausea at all. Every bc effects everyone differently but this was not the one for me."

Notforme November 23, 2014