User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Tri-Sprintec Review Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 206 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec to treat Birth Control

"Well I took Tri- sprintec for a couple of months. No problems. Then I stopped taking it for a month. Got back on it. It's been almost a month since I've been back on it and the first week I was bloated to where it was uncomfortable. Starting peeing a lot. Felt very nausea for 2 weeks. To where it would keep me up at night. After the nausea went away my boobs felt a little sore. But those symptoms slowly went away. The only big problem I have with It now is that it's making me obsess over my stomach. I'm naturally skinny and it's made me gain so much weight and on top of that I'm still extremely bloated. It's really making me really upset! Thinking about changing BC. Haven't had my period this month yet. Should start next week."

KJ8 May 20, 2015

"I've been on it for three years and no pregnancy scares. No weight gain, nothing. My only complaint is my sex drive is nonexistant ."

DorisTheSpider (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 8, 2015

"Works pretty well as birth control but I take it mainly for period regulation. It does well with that too. I don't mind the weight gain or the fact that I am constantly eating/snacking since I'm pretty active and my metabolism surprisingly keeps up w/my cravings. the most interesting thing I noticed was actually an increase in my sex drive. usually the opposite right? But this stuff makes me want to do it all the time! I stopped it for a month because it was making me way too emotional, I would cry literally every morning at work. But then I noticed a decrease in sexual desire and extreme difficulty getting an orgasm (w my boyfriend AND by myself). needless to say I went right back to taking them. small price to pay for an amazing sex-life."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 29, 2015

"I'm almost done with my first month of the pill. So far, its been quite a ride. I noticed a change in my acne right away, so I was super optimistic.. and then my period was late by about a week.. and then I got super moody and today i am stuck in bed vommitting. To me, its a small price to pay for clear skin and pregnancy free. The pill is extremely effective."

taylormitchell (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2015

"Let me just start with the fact that if I am going to buy or use anything under the sun, it is more than likely that I have read every review ever written on the item before buying/using it, etc. Before going on the pill, I read reviews for at least 100 different brands/versions of the combo pill and mini-pill before narrowing it down to three options (all combo pills). I talked each option over with my OBGYN and we settled on Tri-Sprintec for a few reasons. A. Triphasic (mirrors natural hormone levels better) B. Estrogen/androgen/progestin ingredients/levels help with acne and C. First two weeks of pills are low dose. Pros: no mood swings, no weight gain except in boobs Cons: medium cramps, slight breakthrough bleeding. Overall: Love it!"

ak11101 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2015

"Took it the right way and didn't have any children"

Ididnthavekids February 7, 2015

"Been taking since August of 2014. LOVE IT. Haven't gained any weight but I also work out regularly and eat healthy. Went up one cup size so far and they seem to be getting a little better which I don't hate! My acne has gotten a lot better. But there was about a week when I took it late everyday and I started breaking out bad. Sex is great, body looks good. Just a little more emotional than before too. Great for everyone!"

cmustudent January 17, 2015

"I've been on Tri-Sprintec for years and my period is extremely regular and I get it on the same day every month. Acne has always been an issue, but it has definitely lightened up a bit since taking this birth control. If I miss a pill, my body lets me know. I get very nauseous and experience cramping just because I am so (reliant) in a sense, on it. Also, I never had any significant weight change at all while taking it. I also have gone up a cup size too! I've had no trouble with Tri-Sprintec and would recommend it to others."

NicoleXO November 25, 2014

"I was on this bc 2 & a half months before I decided to stop. This was not my first BC & previously I had no issues with bc. The first month was okay but around the 2nd month I started having terrible nausea at nighttime. To the point where I wasn't able to leave the house. I also had extremely decreased libido. Went from having sex daily to maybe once a week. No change in weight or appetite other than not wanting to eat because of the nausea. I have now been off of trisprintec for about a week & haven't had any nighttime nausea at all. Every bc effects everyone differently but this was not the one for me."

Notforme November 23, 2014

"This is the only BC I've ever taken so I can't really compare it to others, but it's been good for me. Haven't gained any weight, and it makes my period regular. When I first started taking it, I didn't start the pack when I was supposed to because I only get my period a few times a year. I bled for like 3 weeks, but after that I was normal. It hasn't caused me to gain weight, but I do think I am a bit more emotional than before. My skin is much clearer since taking it"

Yayaya I am Lorde October 24, 2014

"This pill has been great. It keeps my period very regulated and I went up a cup size within the first couple months. I have suffered from moderate acne since I was a teenage and since taking the pill, my face is completely clear! I will occasionally get a pimple around the time of my period, but NOTHING like I had before. It is magic! The nausea was mild-moderate during the first few months and I still occasionally feel mildly nauseous (nothing unmanageable, though). My appetite has changed, as well (I don't crave sugar as often as I used to). I feel like it helps stabilize my mood in general, as well, but I do cry more often than I used to (during period time). All in all, great method!"

Hannah12345 July 25, 2014

"As of today I have just started my first Placebo pill in my first month of Tri-Sprintec. For the first week or two I noticed increased nausea and breast tenderness, the nausea subsided but the breast tenderness still lingers (just not as bad). I got on this birth control in June to prevent pregnancy, so far for the whole preventing pregnancy it's wonderful. Periods come right on time and I had no clue of her arrival (no cramps, moodiness etc) which I love! Since I've been on it, the past month I have actually lost 16 pounds and I am quite alright with that, I have decreased appetite which is also a good thing because before I started birth control I would eat every chance I got. Overall this pill is great! You just have to try it out for you!"

Kyrstendavis (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2014

"I have been on this birth control for 3 months now, it seems to be effective. I am baby free & my periods are more regulated now. However, I have noticed that I am hungry ALL the time...all I want to do is snack, and have really intense cravings. I haven't gained any weight because I try to keep that under control, but it is hard. I have also noticed that this birth control has helped with my breast soreness/tenderness before my period. Now they do not hurt nearly as bad whereas before I was in terrible pain so bad that it hurt to put a bra on. Oh and this medication is free. So that's a plus."

Brittbee (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2014

"I'm about too start on my 3rd month and so far I love it. On my 2nd month I had a little spotting but nothing big. It helped with pimples but they get worse before my period but after I'm over then they are gone. I've had sex many times in the 2nd month without a condom and so far I'm baby free so the birth control does work. It helps my periods and the reason I got on was so I can have a constant one. It helped this 16 year old real good!"

Smilez.Tori May 8, 2014

"I am only ten days into my first pack of Tri-Sprintec and I can already see changes. I'm not one to have acne, I just get the occasional pimples or tiny zits, but they're all gone now. Even more interesting though, is that my breasts went up a cup size, and my voice is now lighter too. It's too soon to know it's birth control effectiveness, or it's affects on weight gain yet for me. But I have noticed it's slimmed down my day time appettite, but at night, literally I cannot seem to get full. Weird. Anyway, it's good for a broke college student like me."

New2birthcontrol April 22, 2014

"I had a baby girl 6 months ago and I started this about 2 months ago and at first was doing great with it, but then after about 2 weeks of taking it have really noticed some not so great changes in me. My chin is constantly breaking out, so it did not help clear up the acne. I have really had some bad mood swings of just feeling really sad and my anxiety has been pretty bad. It has really messed with my sleeping patterns. I also gained about 16 lbs from the time I started taking this pill until now. I wear contacts and it really seems to dry my eyes out and make my vision a little blurry, which I haven't really had much trouble with before. I am seeing my doctor soon and we are planning on switching me to another birth control pill."

scheve1314 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2014

"I started this pill a little less than a year ago, about six months after becoming sexually active. I have never had any problems with this pill. I was on Accutane for almost a year and even it didn't clear my face up as much as Tri-Sprintec has. It has also made my periods perfect, they last 5-6 days and are super light. My weight has not changed at all. I have noticed my sex drive has gone down but it works great for a contraceptive. I stopped using protection (condoms) about 4 months ago and am still baby free! This pill is wonderful and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap and effective contraceptive or acne fix."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 16, 2014

"I took Tri Sprintec for a year and though it was effective, the side effects were horrible. One being the fact that I naturally have a heavy and long 7 day period. There was no change in length nor flow of my cycle. The second and worst side effect would be that I was constantly nauseous even after the first three months. The pill changed my taste buds and made eating (something I Love) hell! "

Dora Marie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 7, 2014

"Was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo 4 yrs ago for 2 years, kept a healthy diet and exercised. Gained a little weight, but just on my girly parts! Very mild PMS, reg and moderate periods. Had a baby last year and used the mini pill for 9 months. Only been on Tri Sprintec for 6 weeks and right away I noticed side effects. It wasn't until I read some reviews that I realized I was getting hives from it. I have pretty bad allergies so I thought that was why. I am a very optimistic person and anytime I feel in a bad mood I do any/ everything to come out of it. It seemed like I was constantly TRYING to pull myself out of a funk. Also, noticed a decrease in appetite and libido. The positive is clearer skin- except for one recent breakout, it's FREE and I'm not pregnant."

Newbie2 March 7, 2014

"I have been on this pill for about a month in a half. I gained 20 pounds in about a month without changing my diet. I have been a complete antisocial freak who doesn't want to do anything besides sleep and be alone. My period was terrible and I went from having sex with my boyfriend 2-3 times a day to 2 times a week. I have been to a therapist because of how emotional I've been and I have wanted to drop out of college. The only "semi" good thing about this birth control is no babies and huge breasts. I went from a C to a DD which my boyfriend loves but me not so much. I am getting off of it."

Lafayyy February 27, 2014

"I was on Tri-Sprintec for 2 months and it completely cleared my cystic acne. I had terrible, terrible acne for about 7 years before that and it completely scarred my cheeks. it even seemed to help with the scars a bit. I also lost a bit of weight on this pill. The only problem I had was that I would get a 2 day migraine on the first pack of pills. I switched and realized the headaches were a lot better than the other medicine so I am now switching back to Tri-Sprintec. This is by far the best birth control I've been on."

sydney lynn (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2014

"I love Tri-sprintec! It has regulated my cycle and cleared up my skin. The first couple of months I was a little nauseated when I took it, but that has gone away. This pill helped to balance out my hormones and actually helped me to lose weight. No complaints other than the 1-2 nights of nausea I experience when I start a new pack. Oh, and it's FREE. "

Shammxo (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 3, 2014

"I love this birth control! I am usually really moody for some reason and starting this I am constantly happy and less stressed for some reason, I had a very heavy first period but all is well now. Highly recommend"

Criss41 January 30, 2014

"This is my second form of birth control and I absolutely love it! My insurance pays for it, so it does not cost me one penny. When I did pay for it; it was less than ten dollars. I started on the Depo shot and I hated it. I gained 40 pounds on it, and it affected me tremendously. Tri-sprintec hasn't let me down. I have used it for little over two years now. My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and we have been baby free. It continues to work for me. I haven't gained any weight. I don't get mood swings. The only difference I have noticed is a little bit more cramping, but nothing major. Cramps have been bearable. If you are looking for a steady birth control, than this could be for you."

ABQ-NAT (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 25, 2014

"I have just finished my second week on Tri-Sprintec and my period hasn't stopped since. I have been getting more moody than I normally am and I almost had 3 anxiety attacks."

Anonymous January 18, 2014