User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Tri-Sprintec Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 226 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec to treat Birth Control

"3 weeks into taking this birth control I experienced severe anxiety, debilitating panic attacks that sent me to urgent care and kept me from working, depression, sensitivity to light and sound, racing heart, insomnia, and a complete personality change for the worse. My family didn't want to be around me. I stopped taking this drug 4 days ago and already feel a tremendous difference. I no longer have anxiety about going to bed at night, or driving on fast roads, or anything else that used to shut me down before. I have noticed a difference in my outlook on life, my personality, and it's only been 4 days. My doctor told me it can take a week to get completely out of my system but I am seeing improvement everyday. Consumers BEWARE of this drug."

CaitiLH (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2016

"I took Tri-Sprintec awhile. Last October I started bleeding profusely & found out I had a miscarriage! The claim is 1% chance or something like that of getting pregnant, Here it is January & still bleeding going to have to have a hysterectomy @ 35yo on the 12th of February,"

Amanda J January 25, 2016

"I was on tri-sprintec for years with no real problems. I had consistent break through bleeding for a few months in a row and had to switch to something monophasic. I didn't realize until after the switch how bloated and constipated tri-sprintec made me. I thought I had IBS or something, but no, it was the bcp"

eirbua January 18, 2016

"This pill worked great for clearing up my acne on my face and back. It took a few months but once it worked it really did help for that. It also worked really well at preventing pregnancy which it should. However, this pill made me gain like 10 pounds... I didn't really notice when I was on it, but once I went off of it I lost a substantial amount of weight...It also made me act crazy. I was constantly yelling at people and losing my temper. It didn't have my friend gain weight when she took it so I guess side effects vary from person to person... I don't think I'd recommend it though."

anonymous33445532 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 9, 2016

"I normally take Tri-Linyah but my pharmacy was out so they gave me this because it is generic for it. I've been on it for less than a week and my emotions are all over the place. All I do is want to cry, my anxiety is crazy high, I am depressed. Low sex drive, headaches, horrible nausea. I have even experienced vaginal dryness. Very irritable and horrible mood swings. I've never had any of these issues before. I know medicine affects people differently but I will not be taking this medicine anymore."

yelhsaekoorb (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2016

"I'm 19, and after a very poor experience with the birth control Beyaz, I was switched to Tri-Sprintec. After several months, my cramps have decreased in pain and my acne that I have struggled with for over 5 years is almost completely gone! I am amazed! haha. PLEASE, don't read reviews on the internet for a specific birth control and assume that will be your experience. Your hormones and needs are very unique, and it may take a few switches to fully figure out which brand is meant for you. I spent countless hours stressing over reviews/etc when I really just needed to try and see what happened. Birth control is complicated and will not affect any two women the same way. Listen to your doctor and trust what they say!"

Ayl (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2016

"I have been on tri-sprintec for 3 years now. It has been amazing for me. I have tried a lot of different ones to find which kind was best for me. It's good to talk to your doctor and try different ones because not every type of birth control will work. Not every woman will have the same experience. I took this to make my periods lighter and shorter. I lost weight compared to other ones like nuva ring. It has prevented pregnancy. I already deal with depression but for me this hasn't made it worse or better. I take my pill exactly the same time everyday. This pill has worked really well for me."

Anonymous1234567 December 18, 2015

"I have been taking this brand for at least two years now. I have been on BC for 4 years now and have been on several other brands. Tri-sprintec is the only one that has had no side effects for me. It has made my periods regular and lighter and helped clear my skin. I have been sexually active for 4 months now and use with condoms- haven't had any issues."

Happylife202 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 17, 2015

"My personal experience with Tri Sprintec has been great so far. The only issue I have is that I can't take the pill in the morning or during that day at all it makes me nauseous and one time I threw up because of it. I just take it at night now to help with nausea."

Greecen December 7, 2015

"I was on ortho tri cyclen for about 4 months before switching to its generic version (tri sprintec) so in total I've been on the pill for 8 months. There are a couple of side effects I've had... Weight gain ... Vaginal dryness .... My sex drive is at an all time low and my hormones used to drive me crazy... I have problems with depression and anxiety but I do believe it stabilized that and helped just a bit. Its cleared up my cystic acne somewhat... Thats all I can think of for the side effects. I take the bad with the good, and the whole point of taking it was for acne and avoiding pregnancy and its doing a great job at the avoiding pregnancy thing! I would probably recommend."

Brebrebrebexo December 7, 2015

"I've been on this birth control for about 5 years now, it's the only one I have ever tried and I'm sticking to it! It has completely prevented any pregnancies and I never had one negative side effect. I've never had any moods swings, depression, headaches, nausea, breast soreness or anything this drug hasn't affected my personality or body at all. Occasionally I get mild period cramps but nothing worse than the norm...you can't escape all the blessings of being a girl!"

AnonymousAnonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 12, 2015

"I was on tri sprintec for a year and a half. I had absolutely no side effects like everyone is describing. They sound absolutely horrible...depression? Crazy emotional? I didn't even know that stuff was a possibility. But It did its job never got pregnant nor did I even have a scare. It made cramps better and periods lighter. No complaints."

Sjs25 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 10, 2015

"I was given this brand instead of TriNessa which upset me but I decided to give Tri-Sprintec a chance. That was a regret that I severely paid for. I read all the reviews and everything and decided to have my own experience but everything horrible that could have went wrong with the side effects, went wrong. I had frequent urination like no other but no UTI. I had to get up every hour or two in the middle of the night to use the restroom or else my bladder was going to pop. My hormones caused so much emotional roller coasters for me and I have never experienced such high levels of emotions before. I was crying, screaming, things I would have never done. Not to mention, it gives you migraines like no other and I will never try this brand ever"

Mohlissa October 29, 2015

"I've been taking this birth control for a little over two years now. It's been great overall, but lately, I've been extremely depressed for absolutely no reason, and my mood swings have been terrible(I go from contemplating killing someone to crying in a matter of seconds) and felt like I lost the need to live until I started thinking, maybe it's my birth control? It's like, I know that's the cause of all of this. I can't wait to get it out of my system for good."

Amy M. October 8, 2015

"Before tri sprintec I was on ortho tri cyclen lo. With ortho lo I had no side effects, light periods, and no pms. I got my ortho lo from a family planning clinic that offered it for free to teens with no income. Upon moving to a different state that had no such program, I got a prescription and opted for the generic equivalent--tri sprintec. At first everything was fine and I did not notice a difference. After the first month or so I began experiencing noticeable mood swings that would occur during any time of my cycle. I also noticed an increase in nausea and acne. Part of it was the pharmacy's fault for not giving me the proper supplement (tri sprintec lo) and throwing me on higher dose, but I'd rather just pay more for the ortho lo."

Vegeeeeta (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2015

"I Just started this bc last week tues and I'm already feeling nauseous every so often. One day I wake up fine the next I feel real sick it has also cause me to have a loss of appetite i've vomited twice because of this is anybody else experiencing this problem?"

kimyana (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2015

"I have been on tri-sprintec for four years now. Its the only pill I have ever been on. I truly love it to say the least! No weight gains, just a few mood swings around my period but that's about it. I would highly recommend it, I think its effects vary from person to person. My doctor told me before she put me on it, that pills do not make you add weight, however the hormones in it may cause you to get hungry more often and that's why people gain weight. Just watch what u eat and exercise regularly you will be fine!"

Anonymous chic September 28, 2015

"I have been on tri-sprintec off and on for the last 5 years or so. PROS: Skin is clear, minimal weight gain (if any). My breasts swell but aren't sore. CONS: Recently I have a headache for the first three days of each new pack. Over time I feel like it has given me more mood swings than it used to. Recently I have been feeling that has been making be feel depressed/sad. I just haven't felt myself. The breakthrough bleeding has also gotten worse. I had it for a week in the middle of my pill pack. I'm definitely bloated on this pill and retain water. It gets worse closer to my period. No problems during first 4 years! My body must be changing...GYNO switched me to Microgestin 1/20. hopefully its a smooth transition!"

Seaweed12 September 18, 2015

"Today is my second day of the BC and it had no side effects yesterday (the first day) but today I feel extremely emotional all day at school. Everything bothered me then I came home and got all mad for nothing then started crying about nothing and now I'm in a really talkative mood. Its weird I'm 18 and I'll keep you updated%u263A"

Kelsey123456 September 14, 2015

"This pill did horrible things to me. I felt nauseous constantly and experienced severe anxiety. So much so, that I could not leave the house without crying. I was depressed and gained 8 pounds. All of this in less than a few months. I finally went off Tri Sprintec when I realized that it was causing me these side effects. Absolutely terrifying experience."

wintyS August 31, 2015

"While Tri-Sprintec is effective at preventing an unwanted pregnancy it has the worst side effects I have ever experienced on a birth control pill ever. I've only been on it for a little over a week and I have to stop using it. It has given me excruciating stomach aches, nausea, fatigue, migraines, and worst of all it is aggravating my anxiety levels. I feel like I'm on the verge of having a major panic attack since I started taking this awful pill. Not only is my anxiety getting out of control but I also feel depressed and uninterested in everything. All I want to do is sleep. I wish my stupid insurance covered ortho tri-cylcen lo, that has been the best pill so far. I don't recomment tri-sprintec to anyone."

lalashi485 August 25, 2015

"I was on Tri-Sprintec for a year and a half. It's very effective against pregnancy, I believe it helped with acne. I didn't experience any weight gain, However, I did go through a very traumatic 4 month phase before I stopped taking it. Let's see, I had anxiety attacks. I've never in life had anxiety attacks, not even anxiety. I was moody 21 days and happy the 5 days while on my cycle. I was paranoid, scared, cried a lot and had rage. I stopped taking tri sprintec, and boom, pregnant with twins. But ever since I stopped taking tri sprintec, I haven't experienced any of those things yet, and my twins are 2 years old"

TraumaticPhase August 18, 2015

"I took Tri Sprintec for 3 years and the first 2.5 years were great! Very effective at preventing pregnancy and even lightened my periods. However after that I started to feel very nauseated my first week of a pack and then became so depressed during the second week that I could not get out of bed. I know others who have had this experience after extended use."

GSprinks August 6, 2015

"I was on this pill for 4 years. The side effects were pretty bad. I'd get migraines. I'd cry a lot. I became paranoid about things. Had severe anxiety. Was depressed a lot. Pretty much things that I never felt before until I got on this pill. Very effective in preventing pregnancy but would otherwise not recommend."

thecrazy89 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 1, 2015

"I was on the birth control Ortho Tri Cyclen for about 4-5 months. It was the best birth control I have been on. I had finally found the one that best fit my body. My skin was flawless, even if I would forget to wash my face it would not break out. I also had light periods, they were not always regular but they were very light. It was great. I went to my pharmacy to pick it up & they gave me the generic Tri Sprintec. This is literally the worst experience I have had on a birth control. I have tried at least 5 to 6 different ones & this is by far the worst. I have read good experiences with this medication, but mine is definitley not. I have under the skin bumps on my face that will go away in a week to find more. My periods are so heavy"

keelybateman (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2015