User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Tri-Sprintec review summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 196 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec to treat Birth Control

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

I started this pill a little less than a year ago, about six months after becoming sexually active. I have never had any problems with this pill. I was on Accutane for almost a year and even it didn't clear my face up as much as Tri-Sprintec has. It has also made my periods perfect, they last 5-6 days and are super light. My weight has not changed at all. I have noticed my sex drive has gone down but it works great for a contraceptive. I stopped using protection (condoms) about 4 months ago and am still baby free! This pill is wonderful and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap and effective contraceptive or acne fix.

March 16, 2014 10:49 PM
Review by Dora Marie (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

I took Tri Sprintec for a year and though it was effective, the side effects were horrible. One being the fact that I naturally have a heavy and long 7 day period. There was no change in length nor flow of my cycle. The second and worst side effect would be that I was constantly nauseous even after the first three months. The pill changed my taste buds and made eating (something I Love) hell!

March 7, 2014 2:44 AM
Review by Newbie2: User Rating:

Was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo 4 yrs ago for 2 years, kept a healthy diet and exercised. Gained a little weight, but just on my girly parts! Very mild PMS, reg and moderate periods. Had a baby last year and used the mini pill for 9 months. Only been on Tri Sprintec for 6 weeks and right away I noticed side effects. It wasn't until I read some reviews that I realized I was getting hives from it. I have pretty bad allergies so I thought that was why. I am a very optimistic person and anytime I feel in a bad mood I do any/ everything to come out of it. It seemed like I was constantly TRYING to pull myself out of a funk. Also, noticed a decrease in appetite and libido. The positive is clearer skin- except for one recent breakout, it's FREE and I'm not pregnant.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 7, 2014 12:44 AM
Review by Lafayyy: User Rating:

I have been on this pill for about a month in a half. I gained 20 pounds in about a month without changing my diet. I have been a complete antisocial freak who doesn't want to do anything besides sleep and be alone. My period was terrible and I went from having sex with my boyfriend 2-3 times a day to 2 times a week. I have been to a therapist because of how emotional I've been and I have wanted to drop out of college. The only "semi" good thing about this birth control is no babies and huge breasts. I went from a C to a DD which my boyfriend loves but me not so much. I am getting off of it.

February 27, 2014 2:37 PM
Review by sydney lynn (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I was on Tri-Sprintec for 2 months and it completely cleared my cystic acne. I had terrible, terrible acne for about 7 years before that and it completely scarred my cheeks. it even seemed to help with the scars a bit. I also lost a bit of weight on this pill. The only problem I had was that I would get a 2 day migraine on the first pack of pills. I switched and realized the headaches were a lot better than the other medicine so I am now switching back to Tri-Sprintec. This is by far the best birth control I've been on.

February 21, 2014 11:26 PM
Review by Shammxo (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

I love Tri-sprintec! It has regulated my cycle and cleared up my skin. The first couple of months I was a little nauseated when I took it, but that has gone away. This pill helped to balance out my hormones and actually helped me to lose weight. No complaints other than the 1-2 nights of nausea I experience when I start a new pack. Oh, and it's FREE.

February 3, 2014 7:21 AM
Review by Criss41: User Rating:

I love this birth control! I am usually really moody for some reason and starting this I am constantly happy and less stressed for some reason, I had a very heavy first period but all is well now. Highly recommend

January 30, 2014 9:27 PM
Review by ABQ-NAT (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

This is my second form of birth control and I absolutely love it! My insurance pays for it, so it does not cost me one penny. When I did pay for it; it was less than ten dollars. I started on the Depo shot and I hated it. I gained 40 pounds on it, and it affected me tremendously. Tri-sprintec hasn't let me down. I have used it for little over two years now. My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and we have been baby free. It continues to work for me. I haven't gained any weight. I don't get mood swings. The only difference I have noticed is a little bit more cramping, but nothing major. Cramps have been bearable. If you are looking for a steady birth control, than this could be for you.

January 25, 2014 8:31 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I have just finished my second week on Tri-Sprintec and my period hasn't stopped since. I have been getting more moody than I normally am and I almost had 3 anxiety attacks.

January 18, 2014 1:19 PM
Review by birthcontroler: User Rating:

This is my second month on Tri-Sprintec and so far so good. I was on the Depo-Provera shot for more than a year and as soon as I stopped lost 40 pounds, and it seemed as though both my body and emotions were settling to their normal state. I started taking Tri-Sprintec months after that ordeal and PMS acne has not been an issue as it had been on the previous birth control. I do get bloated but there's barely any PMS symptoms, I am a little more emotional than I was without any birth control at all which is kind of expected, and my periods are light and not troublesome.

January 10, 2014 9:39 PM
Review by MM2233: User Rating:

My doctor recommended this to me since I was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo before and after having a child it no longer worked as well for me and began to cause cystic acne on my chin. She said Tri Sprintec is the generic for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo and works similarly to your natural body's hormone process. Since I started it each month my skin has gotten clearer and the PMS mood swings before my period are getting better. I was definitely more moody after I started taking this birth control. The biggest thing I've noticed is lack of sexual drive but my skins clear, little weight gain, and no hair loss. So I'm sticking with it.

January 7, 2014 10:21 PM
Review by lauramad16 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Good birth control but I gained about 10-15 lbs in two months from it, with regular exercise, etc. Very little acne, better than the Trinessa and Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo I was on. Extremely light periods.

January 7, 2014 8:48 PM
Review by JDWJ (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I started Tri-Sprintec a month ago, not by choice but because that was the only thing the health department had in their inventory. The nurse told me it was exactly the same as the other pills. I could definitely tell a difference in myself though just after starting them! My emotions were out of control and I kept going into deep depression mode! My appetite was pretty much gone too so I wasn't eating. A good tip is to keep a journal once you start a new pill so you can keep track of break downs, mood swings and how often they're happening. I had a break down at work, crying in front of my boss and everything. I decided to stop the pill and since then I've felt great.

January 4, 2014 11:57 AM
Review by NellySofia: User Rating:

I have just recently started taking the birth control Tri- Sprintec. I'm going for my 3rd week on it and so far I love it. I haven't had any change of mood, nausea or spotting. I haven't had any sexual relation yet while I've been on it so I can't really say how good it works at keeping me not pregnant. I will be definitly be doing an update. But so far in love love love it.

December 21, 2013 6:11 PM
Review by in love (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

My periods are shorter and I'm regular. My face is clear and I haven't suffered from any weight gain, although I do have some PMS mood swings sometimes but I've been on this pill for almost two years and its definitely helped this 22yr old.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 7, 2013 11:26 AM
Review by Ina from CA (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Although it worked for preventing pregnancy and helped on acne, this pill made me depressed and angry most of the time.

November 26, 2013 5:43 PM
Review by Jacque4: User Rating:

Good for preventing pregnancy and clearing up Skin. But it does make some women gain water weight. I gained 20 lbs on it and rapidly lost it in a month when I switched to another brand. So make sure you notice how it affects your body while on it. To me the weight gain was not worth it.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 19, 2013 1:06 PM
Review by Ms. QT: User Rating:

I've been on this pill for over three months and Tri-Spintec has good and bad aspects. The good thing is its contraceptive. The not so good things are: my period lasts about ten days; I have really bad mood swings before; it causes nausea and lastly my acne has gotten worse. I used Ortho Tri-Cyclen since I was nineteen and it was absolutely wonderful.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 15, 2013 9:27 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

I have been on this pill for about a year now and I just cannot deal with it anymore! I used to be so happy but lately I'm a different person, someone who is not nice. At first I thought just I hadn't gotten used to it yet but as more time has went on I am hateful, severely depressed, nauseated, very tired, and constantly just an unhappy person. It has effected my relationships with everyone and the next chance I get I'm switching to something else. I'm not saying it will do this to everyone but I know it has been awful for me. One thing it had done is what it was supposed to do, it kept me from getting pregnant.

November 9, 2013 12:38 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I'm 19, & started taking this pill because my boyfriend & I are pretty active & we use protection, but aren't necessarily fans of it. My doctor had advised me to continue using protection for at least the 1st month that I started the pill, & we did. I've been on the pill for almost 4 months now; no condom, no baby! The 1st month, I was an emotional wreck & completely lost my appetite. Now, I'm perfectly normal, haven't gained/lost any weight, my cramps are worse than ever the first 2 days of my period each month, my period still lasts a week but it's lighter, my libido has lowered, & I randomly get slight acne (I haven't had acne since I was 13 & I KNOW it's the pill). Other than that, this pill fulfills its purpose & I'm very satisfied :)

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 31, 2013 1:56 AM
Review by Lizfiz_09 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

I have been taking this birth control for a year and i loved it! it has done an amazing job with preventing pregnancy and working with other medicines i take for migraines. The only problem i have had with this pill was that i have gained 25 pounds since i started it last November and i had really bad cramping the week before i started my period. I play soccer and work out a lot and i eat healthy and the weight gain has got me really down so im probably going to talk to my doctor about changing pills.

October 29, 2013 9:27 PM
Review by Youngbutsmart: User Rating:

I love the pill my period is on the exact date of the sugar pills, but my breasts are always SO sore! That's the only side effect I've had along with some blood clots here and there but I highly recommend

October 7, 2013 3:32 AM
Review by Stephanieeeee (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I have been on this pill for almost 2 months with non-stop bleeding. I have maybe had 3 or 4 days total where I wasn't bleeding and during that time my discharge was thick with a foul odor. I have never had any problem with my discharge nor odor. I'm hoping my period will straighten out after 3-4 months. As far as weight goes, it's helped to trim inches in what seems to be all the right places. I took before/after pics because I'm also diet/exercising for my polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and I've noticed a huge difference and change in my body in just 2 months. I'm hoping in time my period will ease up because if not, I can't keep this up. The point of the pill was to help with irregular periods, PCOS and prevent pregnancy.

September 16, 2013 11:48 PM
Review by 94courtney (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Been on this pill for 6 months now. Never had any problems like everyone else. I always had trouble with my periods; lasted 8 days, super heavy, sick when I started and bad cramps. Plus my period lasts only 4 days. The only side effects I have is light cramps and not as hungry anymore. I weighed 160lbs and now weigh 147lbs. I love this pill and will continue taking it.

September 16, 2013 10:38 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I started taking this birth contol 4 days ago for contraceptive purposes, however I have had terrible cystic acne for the last 3 years of adulthood and its all cleared up. Not to even to mention, I have lost NINE pounds in 4 days and have had absolutely NO side effects. I have taken several types of birth controls and have had awful side effects. I am hoping to continue liking this pill! So far, so good!

September 7, 2013 7:16 AM