User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Acne 32 reviews 506 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Tri-Sprintec reviews 259 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Review by Anonymous... (taken for less than 1 month):

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I've only been on the Tri-Sprintec pill for a little bit to help my acne clear up and regulate my periods. So the first few days have been fine, but my vagina itches like crazy. It wasn't that bad until the Wednesday after I started the pill. I don't think I've been on it long enough to notice changes in my acne or weight, but I didn't know if anyone else has had the same experience as I have had so far? I also haven't been sick or really felt that bad except for a little stomach aches.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 31, 2014 2:36 AM

Review by Hannah12345:

For Birth Control: This pill has been great. It keeps my period very regulated and I went up a cup size within the first couple months. I have suffered from moderate acne since I was a teenage and since taking the pill, my face is completely clear! I will occasionally get a pimple around the time of my period, but NOTHING like I had before. It is magic! The nausea was mild-moderate during the first few months and I still occasionally feel mildly nauseous (nothing unmanageable, though). My appetite has changed, as well (I don't crave sugar as often as I used to). I feel like it helps stabilize my mood in general, as well, but I do cry more often than I used to (during period time). All in all, great method!

July 25, 2014 8:10 AM

Review by Dakota1234:

For Acne: I'm 17 and this is the first method of birth control I have tried, been taking it for three weeks. It has been Amazing! My acne has completely cleared up in all areas (whole face, chest, back) and I have had no bad side effects!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 8, 2014 5:21 PM

Review by Kyrstendavis (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: As of today I have just started my first Placebo pill in my first month of Tri-Sprintec. For the first week or two I noticed increased nausea and breast tenderness, the nausea subsided but the breast tenderness still lingers (just not as bad). I got on this birth control in June to prevent pregnancy, so far for the whole preventing pregnancy it's wonderful. Periods come right on time and I had no clue of her arrival (no cramps, moodiness etc) which I love! Since I've been on it, the past month I have actually lost 16 pounds and I am quite alright with that, I have decreased appetite which is also a good thing because before I started birth control I would eat every chance I got. Overall this pill is great! You just have to try it out for you!

July 7, 2014 5:36 AM

Review by Brittbee (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I have been on this birth control for 3 months now, it seems to be effective. I am baby free & my periods are more regulated now. However, I have noticed that I am hungry ALL the time...all I want to do is snack, and have really intense cravings. I haven't gained any weight because I try to keep that under control, but it is hard. I have also noticed that this birth control has helped with my breast soreness/tenderness before my period. Now they do not hurt nearly as bad whereas before I was in terrible pain so bad that it hurt to put a bra on. Oh and this medication is free. So that's a plus.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 28, 2014 5:48 AM

Review by Smilez.Tori:

For Birth Control: I'm about too start on my 3rd month and so far I love it. On my 2nd month I had a little spotting but nothing big. It helped with pimples but they get worse before my period but after I'm over then they are gone. I've had sex many times in the 2nd month without a condom and so far I'm baby free so the birth control does work. It helps my periods and the reason I got on was so I can have a constant one. It helped this 16 year old real good!

May 8, 2014 9:40 PM

Review by New2birthcontrol:

For Birth Control: I am only ten days into my first pack of Tri-Sprintec and I can already see changes. I'm not one to have acne, I just get the occasional pimples or tiny zits, but they're all gone now. Even more interesting though, is that my breasts went up a cup size, and my voice is now lighter too. It's too soon to know it's birth control effectiveness, or it's affects on weight gain yet for me. But I have noticed it's slimmed down my day time appettite, but at night, literally I cannot seem to get full. Weird. Anyway, it's good for a broke college student like me.

April 22, 2014 7:27 PM

Review by scheve1314 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I had a baby girl 6 months ago and I started this about 2 months ago and at first was doing great with it, but then after about 2 weeks of taking it have really noticed some not so great changes in me. My chin is constantly breaking out, so it did not help clear up the acne. I have really had some bad mood swings of just feeling really sad and my anxiety has been pretty bad. It has really messed with my sleeping patterns. I also gained about 16 lbs from the time I started taking this pill until now. I wear contacts and it really seems to dry my eyes out and make my vision a little blurry, which I haven't really had much trouble with before. I am seeing my doctor soon and we are planning on switching me to another birth control pill.

April 17, 2014 2:08 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I started this pill a little less than a year ago, about six months after becoming sexually active. I have never had any problems with this pill. I was on Accutane for almost a year and even it didn't clear my face up as much as Tri-Sprintec has. It has also made my periods perfect, they last 5-6 days and are super light. My weight has not changed at all. I have noticed my sex drive has gone down but it works great for a contraceptive. I stopped using protection (condoms) about 4 months ago and am still baby free! This pill is wonderful and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap and effective contraceptive or acne fix.

March 16, 2014 10:49 PM

Review by Dora Marie (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I took Tri Sprintec for a year and though it was effective, the side effects were horrible. One being the fact that I naturally have a heavy and long 7 day period. There was no change in length nor flow of my cycle. The second and worst side effect would be that I was constantly nauseous even after the first three months. The pill changed my taste buds and made eating (something I Love) hell!

March 7, 2014 2:44 AM

Review by Newbie2:

For Birth Control: Was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo 4 yrs ago for 2 years, kept a healthy diet and exercised. Gained a little weight, but just on my girly parts! Very mild PMS, reg and moderate periods. Had a baby last year and used the mini pill for 9 months. Only been on Tri Sprintec for 6 weeks and right away I noticed side effects. It wasn't until I read some reviews that I realized I was getting hives from it. I have pretty bad allergies so I thought that was why. I am a very optimistic person and anytime I feel in a bad mood I do any/ everything to come out of it. It seemed like I was constantly TRYING to pull myself out of a funk. Also, noticed a decrease in appetite and libido. The positive is clearer skin- except for one recent breakout, it's FREE and I'm not pregnant.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 7, 2014 12:44 AM

Review by Acne at 31 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Acne: Since having my last child at age 27, my acne has been out of control. Serious cystic breakouts (forehead, chin, temples). When they just about heal up, BOOM, here comes the new ones. I have tried it all, literally. I did lemon juice, baking soda, vinegar, herbs, masks, lotions, pH balancing washes etc. NOTHING worked. I was so sick of it. At 30 I got Tri-Sprintec. The results were amazing. 1st month, I noticed the breakouts weren't as severe (but still there). 2nd month, I noticed the inflammation was better, still a few break out spots. 3rd month, I noticed I barely broke out (just on my temple area and one spot on my chin). 4th Month-NO MORE BREAKOUTS!

March 3, 2014 4:58 PM

Review by Lafayyy:

For Birth Control: I have been on this pill for about a month in a half. I gained 20 pounds in about a month without changing my diet. I have been a complete antisocial freak who doesn't want to do anything besides sleep and be alone. My period was terrible and I went from having sex with my boyfriend 2-3 times a day to 2 times a week. I have been to a therapist because of how emotional I've been and I have wanted to drop out of college. The only "semi" good thing about this birth control is no babies and huge breasts. I went from a C to a DD which my boyfriend loves but me not so much. I am getting off of it.

February 27, 2014 2:37 PM

Review by beemed:

For Acne: I would just like to say if you're looking for a solution for you're acne PLEASE try this. I have been struggling with acne for a few years, I have tried everything from over the counter to prescribed medicine and NOTHING worked. Finally I decided to get on the pill because I had very deep painful cystic acne along my jawline and chin that wouldn't go away. I have been on Sprintec for 2 months now and my skin is 100% clear. Only time I get a pimple is around my period but it is so much more manageable. Trust me this pill is my magic pill.

February 24, 2014 1:15 AM

Review by sydney lynn (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I was on Tri-Sprintec for 2 months and it completely cleared my cystic acne. I had terrible, terrible acne for about 7 years before that and it completely scarred my cheeks. it even seemed to help with the scars a bit. I also lost a bit of weight on this pill. The only problem I had was that I would get a 2 day migraine on the first pack of pills. I switched and realized the headaches were a lot better than the other medicine so I am now switching back to Tri-Sprintec. This is by far the best birth control I've been on.

February 21, 2014 11:26 PM

Review by Krissy V (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I have just completed one pack of the Tri-Sprintec. I was prescribed Ortho but was given Tri-Sprintec due to insurance. I am 30 years old and have not had any major acne in years. The last major outbreak I have had was when I was 24. I would still get the occasion 1-2 acne but it would only occur every several months. This month has been horrible on Tri-Sprintec. I've had at least 20+ acne spots on my face. I've tried to used multiple products to clear it up to no avail. It is all hormonal cystic acne that is mainly concentrated around my mouth area/chin and they all leave scarring. I'm honestly not sure if I can last 3 months on it to see if it will get better for me. I do not normally break out so this terrifies me!

February 10, 2014 1:39 AM

Review by Shammxo (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I love Tri-sprintec! It has regulated my cycle and cleared up my skin. The first couple of months I was a little nauseated when I took it, but that has gone away. This pill helped to balance out my hormones and actually helped me to lose weight. No complaints other than the 1-2 nights of nausea I experience when I start a new pack. Oh, and it's FREE.

February 3, 2014 7:21 AM

Review by Criss41:

For Birth Control: I love this birth control! I am usually really moody for some reason and starting this I am constantly happy and less stressed for some reason, I had a very heavy first period but all is well now. Highly recommend

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 30, 2014 9:27 PM

Review by ABQ-NAT (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: This is my second form of birth control and I absolutely love it! My insurance pays for it, so it does not cost me one penny. When I did pay for it; it was less than ten dollars. I started on the Depo shot and I hated it. I gained 40 pounds on it, and it affected me tremendously. Tri-sprintec hasn't let me down. I have used it for little over two years now. My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and we have been baby free. It continues to work for me. I haven't gained any weight. I don't get mood swings. The only difference I have noticed is a little bit more cramping, but nothing major. Cramps have been bearable. If you are looking for a steady birth control, than this could be for you.

January 25, 2014 8:31 PM

Review by kaylaDJ:

For Ovarian Cysts: I Started this to help regulate my periods. In the beginning id say maybe the first 4 were miserable heavy and my ovaries hurt really bad. My mood swings were really bad and now im just emotional and cry alot which I was never like before! Ive gained alot of weight with it which ive been really lucky most bc ive been on hasnt done that! Now im goin through the process of coming off of it and my husband and I want to start a family.Your periods will lighten up and get shorter and last a few days!!!! In my case ive stabilized in areas except that I cry alot lol. Its a good bc it has its ups and downs like they all do!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 22, 2014 10:03 AM

For Birth Control: I have just finished my second week on Tri-Sprintec and my period hasn't stopped since. I have been getting more moody than I normally am and I almost had 3 anxiety attacks.

January 18, 2014 1:19 PM

Review by birthcontroler:

For Birth Control: This is my second month on Tri-Sprintec and so far so good. I was on the Depo-Provera shot for more than a year and as soon as I stopped lost 40 pounds, and it seemed as though both my body and emotions were settling to their normal state. I started taking Tri-Sprintec months after that ordeal and PMS acne has not been an issue as it had been on the previous birth control. I do get bloated but there's barely any PMS symptoms, I am a little more emotional than I was without any birth control at all which is kind of expected, and my periods are light and not troublesome.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 10, 2014 9:39 PM

Review by Haileygee123:

I recently started taking this birth control 4 days ago & so far, so good! I was put on it to regulate my periods because they were really weird from being on the Depo shot. I have been a little bloated and my body does seem a tad bit sore every other day though, but I think that's just my body getting used to it! I am 16 years old and I do have mild-severe acne from a hormonal imbalance, so hopefully with proper dieting & this medication it will clear up in no time fingers crossed.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 10, 2014 10:05 AM

Review by MM2233:

For Birth Control: My doctor recommended this to me since I was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo before and after having a child it no longer worked as well for me and began to cause cystic acne on my chin. She said Tri Sprintec is the generic for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo and works similarly to your natural body's hormone process. Since I started it each month my skin has gotten clearer and the PMS mood swings before my period are getting better. I was definitely more moody after I started taking this birth control. The biggest thing I've noticed is lack of sexual drive but my skins clear, little weight gain, and no hair loss. So I'm sticking with it.

January 7, 2014 10:21 PM

Review by lauramad16 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Good birth control but I gained about 10-15 lbs in two months from it, with regular exercise, etc. Very little acne, better than the Trinessa and Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo I was on. Extremely light periods.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate