User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Ovarian Cysts 6 reviews 55 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 24 reviews 162 medications

5.2
Summary of Tri-Sprintec reviews 338 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

For Birth Control "I've used a lot of birth controls and they all made me gain a lot of weight and I was always bloated, my friend said tri sprintec was great if I wanted to stay in shape. My doctor said no matter what any birth control pills would make me gain weight because they contain hormones but its been 3 months since I started them and the only side effect is my boobs just started getting bigger but I'm not complaining :) effectiveness, I'm not sure cause I haven't been with anyone since but I'm sure its effective, thats what my friend said she's been using it for 2 years and she never uses condoms"

mamk (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2016

For Birth Control "3 weeks into taking this birth control I experienced severe anxiety, debilitating panic attacks that sent me to urgent care and kept me from working, depression, sensitivity to light and sound, racing heart, insomnia, and a complete personality change for the worse. My family didn't want to be around me. I stopped taking this drug 4 days ago and already feel a tremendous difference. I no longer have anxiety about going to bed at night, or driving on fast roads, or anything else that used to shut me down before. I have noticed a difference in my outlook on life, my personality, and it's only been 4 days. My doctor told me it can take a week to get completely out of my system but I am seeing improvement everyday. Consumers BEWARE of this drug."

CaitiLH (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I took Tri-Sprintec awhile. Last October I started bleeding profusely & found out I had a miscarriage! The claim is 1% chance or something like that of getting pregnant, Here it is January & still bleeding going to have to have a hysterectomy @ 35yo on the 12th of February,"

Amanda J January 25, 2016

For Acne "I started taking this birth control in September when my acne started to become uncontrollable. It has helped immensely with my hormonal skin issues. However, I started breaking out along my cheeks where I had never previously broken out before. I realized this area was related to stomach issues and read that birth control can kill the good bacteria in the stomach lining. If you're experiencing break outs along your cheeks I highly recommend taking a probiotic daily in conjunction with your birth control! It has helped immensely!! My skin is looking so much better! However, each month I seem to get really depressed right before the week of the placebo pills and am hoping this side effect subsides!! Just be very wary of this!!"

Shelbyyy January 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on tri-sprintec for years with no real problems. I had consistent break through bleeding for a few months in a row and had to switch to something monophasic. I didn't realize until after the switch how bloated and constipated tri-sprintec made me. I thought I had IBS or something, but no, it was the bcp"

eirbua January 18, 2016

For Acne "When I told my doctor about how previous birth controls had made me break out, she prescribed this medicine. "It'll clear your face up", she said. Nope. Nah ah. I have taken this medication for over 2 months and it has made my acne WORSE. WAY worse. Painful cystic acne worse. All over. I haven't had acne this bad since high school. It has also made my period very heavy and blood clot-filled, which last for 7 days. Also MOODSWINGS. Horrible mood swings. The only positive is that I haven't gotten pregnant. But is it worth it when you're left feeling horribly self-conscious and depressed???"

AlexAndStuff January 16, 2016

For Birth Control "This pill worked great for clearing up my acne on my face and back. It took a few months but once it worked it really did help for that. It also worked really well at preventing pregnancy which it should. However, this pill made me gain like 10 pounds... I didn't really notice when I was on it, but once I went off of it I lost a substantial amount of weight...It also made me act crazy. I was constantly yelling at people and losing my temper. It didn't have my friend gain weight when she took it so I guess side effects vary from person to person... I don't think I'd recommend it though."

anonymous33445532 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I normally take Tri-Linyah but my pharmacy was out so they gave me this because it is generic for it. I've been on it for less than a week and my emotions are all over the place. All I do is want to cry, my anxiety is crazy high, I am depressed. Low sex drive, headaches, horrible nausea. I have even experienced vaginal dryness. Very irritable and horrible mood swings. I've never had any of these issues before. I know medicine affects people differently but I will not be taking this medicine anymore."

yelhsaekoorb (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm 19, and after a very poor experience with the birth control Beyaz, I was switched to Tri-Sprintec. After several months, my cramps have decreased in pain and my acne that I have struggled with for over 5 years is almost completely gone! I am amazed! haha. PLEASE, don't read reviews on the internet for a specific birth control and assume that will be your experience. Your hormones and needs are very unique, and it may take a few switches to fully figure out which brand is meant for you. I spent countless hours stressing over reviews/etc when I really just needed to try and see what happened. Birth control is complicated and will not affect any two women the same way. Listen to your doctor and trust what they say!"

Ayl (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2016

For Acne "PLEASE READ THIS: Tri-Sprintec will cause an initial breakout for the first 3-4 months. DON'T BE DISCOURAGED! After this period, your skin will clear up like magic! I'm 20 years old and have been on tri-sprintec on/off since I was 18. I've had severe acne since I was about 12/13 years old and have seen multiple dermatologists since then. Nothing worked until I went to my gyno to get on birth control and she recommended tri-sprintec bc it helped with acne. At first, I felt mild nausea and severe depression/mood swings/etc. but as time passed this went away. Each time I got back on the medication, I would have a terrible break out period but it's completely worth it. This is a great pill and I've never had problems w it."

Evie Eden (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 30, 2015

For Acne "I liked this bc quite a bit. I was on it for five years. It did make me nauseous if I didn't eat anything beforehand, but that is easily avoidable. It helped with my acne some but not a lot which is why my doc switched me. I didn't experience any weight gain or loss. I also didn't notice any difference in sex drive or cramps increase. Lastly, I didn't get pregnant on it, and that's the most important thing to me. I think if it weren't a hassle for me to switch back, I would since gildess isn't helping the acne either."

Lexington5652 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 20, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on tri-sprintec for 3 years now. It has been amazing for me. I have tried a lot of different ones to find which kind was best for me. It's good to talk to your doctor and try different ones because not every type of birth control will work. Not every woman will have the same experience. I took this to make my periods lighter and shorter. I lost weight compared to other ones like nuva ring. It has prevented pregnancy. I already deal with depression but for me this hasn't made it worse or better. I take my pill exactly the same time everyday. This pill has worked really well for me."

Anonymous1234567 December 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been taking this brand for at least two years now. I have been on BC for 4 years now and have been on several other brands. Tri-sprintec is the only one that has had no side effects for me. It has made my periods regular and lighter and helped clear my skin. I have been sexually active for 4 months now and use with condoms- haven't had any issues."

Happylife202 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 17, 2015

For Acne "I'm almost finished with my second month on trisprintec. First of all I'd like to say that you cannot judge this drug by the way it works for you in two weeks. You need to take it for at least 3 months in order for your body to adjust to it. (Obviously if the side effects are too much to bear, stop taking it) Although it did clear up my acne in the first month. The only negative side effect I've had is a little cramping and headaches throughout the month. I've also heard that the name brand is better, so I'm thinking about trying that for a while."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2015

For Birth Control "My personal experience with Tri Sprintec has been great so far. The only issue I have is that I can't take the pill in the morning or during that day at all it makes me nauseous and one time I threw up because of it. I just take it at night now to help with nausea."

Greecen December 7, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on ortho tri cyclen for about 4 months before switching to its generic version (tri sprintec) so in total I've been on the pill for 8 months. There are a couple of side effects I've had... Weight gain ... Vaginal dryness .... My sex drive is at an all time low and my hormones used to drive me crazy... I have problems with depression and anxiety but I do believe it stabilized that and helped just a bit. Its cleared up my cystic acne somewhat... Thats all I can think of for the side effects. I take the bad with the good, and the whole point of taking it was for acne and avoiding pregnancy and its doing a great job at the avoiding pregnancy thing! I would probably recommend."

Brebrebrebexo December 7, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I just finished my three packs. HORRIBLE to say the least, but does its job of avoiding pregnancy. If I don't eat before taking the pill I'm nauseous and vomiting for the next three days. The first month my period was on time and regular. The second month I had two periods and would bleed after sex. And this third month has been pretty much continuous bleeding to the point I don't have sex with my boy friend at all. My periods used to be pretty light and last 4-5 days. Now they're extremely light to the point I hardly have to use a panty liner and I mostly bleed when I use the bathroom but it's all day every day.I'm also moody and cranky and tired all the time. I'm so done with this birth control and am changing. DO NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE."

Anonymous November 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for about 5 years now, it's the only one I have ever tried and I'm sticking to it! It has completely prevented any pregnancies and I never had one negative side effect. I've never had any moods swings, depression, headaches, nausea, breast soreness or anything this drug hasn't affected my personality or body at all. Occasionally I get mild period cramps but nothing worse than the norm...you can't escape all the blessings of being a girl!"

AnonymousAnonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 12, 2015

For Acne "This is my first week on it and its seems to be starting to control my acne but I will randomly get sick to my stomach and want to throw up. I also seem to be getting that brown discharge everyone else seems to have written about. I would recommend taking it with food. other than that, it seems to be the best out of the many birth controls I have tried"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on tri sprintec for a year and a half. I had absolutely no side effects like everyone is describing. They sound absolutely horrible...depression? Crazy emotional? I didn't even know that stuff was a possibility. But It did its job never got pregnant nor did I even have a scare. It made cramps better and periods lighter. No complaints."

Sjs25 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 10, 2015

For Acne "I'm finishing up my first month on Spintec. So far here's what I've gotten out of it. I do not feel like it has made me gain weight at all, possibly even helped to loose some. Normal appetite and my mood seems stable (I'm kind of an emotional mess anyways so i'll just say its not worsened). My breasts have been soooo tender all month, like everyday. But the part that's bothering me most is breaking out- I read a lot of people were on this bc to control breakouts. I started taking it for hormonal balance and to prevent pregnancy. I rarely ever have noticeable acne on my face, but these last two week I've had horrible breakouts on my chin, forehead, and sides on face. I really hope its just the initial hormonal changes and it will clear up."

TMB7292 November 9, 2015

For Acne "Best treatment for acne I have used! I've gone through accutane, many face washes, retinol creams, and other forms of birth control. Some other forms of birth control just make acne worse, depending on the type of progestin in it. You need the least androgenic type possible, and sprintec has worked the best for me! Nearly clear skin. Takes about 5-6 months to fully work, but it does work."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 3, 2015

For Birth Control "I was given this brand instead of TriNessa which upset me but I decided to give Tri-Sprintec a chance. That was a regret that I severely paid for. I read all the reviews and everything and decided to have my own experience but everything horrible that could have went wrong with the side effects, went wrong. I had frequent urination like no other but no UTI. I had to get up every hour or two in the middle of the night to use the restroom or else my bladder was going to pop. My hormones caused so much emotional roller coasters for me and I have never experienced such high levels of emotions before. I was crying, screaming, things I would have never done. Not to mention, it gives you migraines like no other and I will never try this brand ever"

Mohlissa October 29, 2015

For Acne "I started taking this birth control about 2 months ago... I got it to mainly clear up acne & because I'm sexually active. Growing up I was in and out of doctors trying to find what treatment would be best for my skin... I started taking this birth control & instantly my face started breaking out, talking about 5-6 large pimples at a time! It's so embarrassing!! Sometimes makeup won't even cover! I haven't noticed any weight gain, but I do have an increased appetite. And my boobs feel very full. I also skipped my first period & read that another girl had one anyways. I've noticed some spotting but nothing too major. I wouldn't recommend this to a girl trying to get rid of bad acne especially if you've struggled with bad skin in the past."

Abby2015 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been taking this birth control for a little over two years now. It's been great overall, but lately, I've been extremely depressed for absolutely no reason, and my mood swings have been terrible(I go from contemplating killing someone to crying in a matter of seconds) and felt like I lost the need to live until I started thinking, maybe it's my birth control? It's like, I know that's the cause of all of this. I can't wait to get it out of my system for good."

Amy M. October 8, 2015