User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Acne 46 reviews 512 medications

5.7
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Tri-Sprintec reviews 299 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for 4 years. The side effects were pretty bad. I'd get migraines. I'd cry a lot. I became paranoid about things. Had severe anxiety. Was depressed a lot. Pretty much things that I never felt before until I got on this pill. Very effective in preventing pregnancy but would otherwise not recommend."

thecrazy89 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 1, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on the birth control Ortho Tri Cyclen for about 4-5 months. It was the best birth control I have been on. I had finally found the one that best fit my body. My skin was flawless, even if I would forget to wash my face it would not break out. I also had light periods, they were not always regular but they were very light. It was great. I went to my pharmacy to pick it up & they gave me the generic Tri Sprintec. This is literally the worst experience I have had on a birth control. I have tried at least 5 to 6 different ones & this is by far the worst. I have read good experiences with this medication, but mine is definitley not. I have under the skin bumps on my face that will go away in a week to find more. My periods are so heavy"

keelybateman (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2015

For Birth Control "Started this a few months ago and the first month I had a 4 week long period which was not fun, however I've had no weight gain whatsoever, increased sex drive, and less acne! I really like this birth control and now my periods are completely regular after that terrible first month."

zoe0828 July 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I am 20 years old and I had been on Tri Sprintec for about 5-6 months and never really thought about it giving me major side effects. I had previously been on Levora for 5 years with the purpose of getting rid of major cramps. After 5 years my cramps began to come back so I switched to this one without any precaution. Long story short I ended up in the suicide ward because I was having major thoughts about suicide (which I NEVER have even thought of) along with major depression and my anxiety level increased drastically.. So be careful and change your pills if you need to."

kittycatarina July 24, 2015

For Birth Control "I went on these pills for preventing pregnancy. My doctor told me to not have unprotected sex the first week. I had unprotected sex twice in the beginning of the second week and I got paranoid when I researched the brand and found out they were generic-pregnancy rate is higher. These are combination pills-means that I did not have to take it at the exact time every day. The pills gave me crazy side effects as soon as I started them. Nausea happened everyday for the first 2 weeks to the point where I would throw up or go to the bathroom. I started eating a lot more and gained 3 pounds in the first week. Did not experience emotional changes. Got my period at the end of the last row and lasted 7 days. Not bad brand if you don't have insurance."

brittany1997 July 24, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on Tri-Sprintec and its predecessor for about 4.5 years. The first 3.5-4 years were great! My skin was perfect except for an occasional blemish here or there. But then it started to go down hill fast. I was hungry ALL the time, and even if I ate my normal meals (not giving into my hunger) I still managed to gain a good 10-15lbs that I could NOT lose. Also towards the end of my usage I became violently angry. Like I would be angry allllll the time and that's just not me! I'm normally happy and pleasant. Also my skin started to get really bad as it was prior to being on BC. Overall it wasn't that great."

Heatherhcw (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 19, 2015

For Acne "I'm 18 & have been using Tri Sprintec for the past 4 months mainly to try to get rid of my mild acne. In the first couple weeks, I was hopeful because I saw my face start to clear up & wasn't experiencing any side effects. However, as I kept taking it my acne started to flare up again, along with cramps & bloating pretty much all the time, mood swings, and slight weight gain (5 pounds). Since month 2, I started getting cystic acne (which I've never had before) on both my cheeks and especially in my chin area and along my jaw line, but my forehead stays almost completely clear. I thought my hormones just needed to get used to the pill but my skin has continued to get worse. I stopped taking Tri Sprintec & already seen improvement in 3 days."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2015

For Acne "I've been taking Tri-Sprintec for a couple of years now, and can say that it has really helped with my acne. I used to have it really bad, but now it's mostly cleared up (I just seem to get a few breakouts here and there). Also, my period is on a perfect 28 day schedule, so that is a plus."

Rileyann18 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 15, 2015

For Acne "I've used tri-sprintec for about a year. I started it to have lighter periods & to help get rid of acne. It's worked really well for me & my periods last about 4 days & are very light & I've had one or two breakouts since. So why not a higher score? Well like all women, my period was going to coincide with a beach vacation & I was not ok with that. I decided to skip a period & instead of using my week 4 pills, I skipped right from week 3 to week 1 on a new pack... Worst. Idea. Ever. I still got my period & it's lasted for a month, not to mention I have a major acne breakout & no not just one or two. I'm hoping things will go back to normal soon & I warn everyone if this pill is working well for you, DON'T SKIP A PERIOD INTENTIONALLY."

Anonymous2107 July 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I went to the gyno for the first time in April. I was not on BC but I was sexually active in a committed relationship. My German gyno with 50 years of experience recommended BC but I said I was not comfortable with it because of hormone things and other side effects I had heard of. She insisted and I caved. She told me to stop using condoms after the first two weeks of BC. I had never done that before. I read the BC prescription insert when I picked up the meds and decided it was safe to follow the doctor's advice. I TOOK EVERY PILL AROUND 7:00 EVERY DAY. Many won't believe me, but that doesn't matter because it's true. It is July. I am 6 weeks pregnant. Trust it if you want to, but mine isn't the only I got pregnant on Tri-Sprintec story."

Jen1125 July 8, 2015

For Acne "Made my acne 10 times worse !!!! But I've only been on it for 2 weeks and 2days. I saw that other people's acne got better within 3-4 months so I'll be patient. I take my pill at 10:15 every night. No nausea or throwing up. I think to Better to take your pill at night because I usually get sick from simply taking vitamins in the morning. No bleeding or spotting. No cramps. Slightly cranky but nothing my bf can't handle. Lol. & my breast haven't gotten larger but I have noticed the feel more heavy or full. No breast tenderness though."

Bobo bhanell July 6, 2015

For Acne "Slow and steady definitely wins this race. I was skeptical going on birth control to fix my ongoing acne battle especially since I am not sexually active. I have been on it for 3 months now and I am so grateful I did this!! My acne has cleared up 80% and I expect it to be closer to 95% for the next pack. It was hard to be patient those 3 months of wondering if it would work, but it did and I'm soo happy about it. At first, I noticed some swelling and tenderness in the chest, but that subsided after about 2-3 weeks, once my body got a bit more used to it. I had a few pounds of weight gain but that has since come off too- and may have been just water weight."

Success3month July 1, 2015

For Birth Control "It has been a very good birth control it just made me very sick at first. It made me so sick that I actually lost weight. I constantly felt nauseous and even made me throw up sometime. The first few months I had normal to light periods and my skin was glowing! Aside from how sick it made me, I definitely recommend this birth control."

Bryze June 30, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been taking it for about three months and I have no problems. Maybe a slight spike in emotions here and there, especially around the days of my period. I take them every mornings as soon and I wake up. My skin has also been pretty clear, a zit here and there maybe. I've had no weight gain. My period has been extremely regular, like mind blowing regular! And it's also extremely effective for the prevention of pregnancy! I love this pill. I was previously on LoEsterin and I had significant weight gain, so this stuff is miraculous! Love my birth control!"

Hannaah (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on this birth control from September to April (last full month taking it)> At first I didn't have any problems, but by the third month I was crazy emotional and would cry for no reason, my boobs grew from a B to a big C almost a D, and I gained about 7 on it and felt constantly bloated. My periods weren't significantly better. The only positive thing was that I was baby free, and I had an increased sex drive."

ley452 June 9, 2015

For Acne "I'm 19 years old. I've been struggling with cystic acne for about a year and a half now; my problem area being my cheeks . I've been on tri-sprintec for a little over a month.. Can't say I've seen any drastic changes but I feel like it's slowly taking effect (or I just might be desperate for results). I know they say it's 2-3 months for results so I'm remaining hopeful. The only downside I've noticed while taking this pill is that It might've made me break out under and around my jawline which was new for me. Also, I snack way too often now which might be making my breakouts a little excessive when that time of the month comes around."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I started taking tri sprintec about a year ago for unbearable cramps and it did help out in that department but I wasn't as responsible with taking it at the same time everyday as I am now. I stopped taking tri sprintec last year because I was inconsistent and every time I would miss a few days it would make me sick. Once I was off of it for a year I never tried anything so recently I decided to give it another shot because I feel more responsible with it and I am, I've been taking it every day on time for the first month, when I went to refill my prescription they didn't refill me for 4 days , I went 4 days without taking the pill & I have never felt more horrible from it , nausea, the whole 9 yards. never had luck with this contraception."

gabrielle95 May 31, 2015

For Birth Control "I took this for 3 months to regulate my period and reduce the pain. It didn't help with the unbearable pain, but it kinda worked for regulating for one of the 3 months."

Blumenkohl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've never experienced problems with my previous birth control but Immediately after starting tri-strintec I started experiencing negative side effects from these pills. I thought it was all due to the change and needed to give my body time to adjust but after a little over a year I've had enough. My periods lasted a month and a half every 3-4 months, would spot for 3 days after intercourse, would constantly wake up covered in sweat, I exercised/ate healthy but still gained 9 lbs This pill has made me nervous to try any other birth control pill."

Roselynnn May 29, 2015

For Birth Control "Well I took Tri- sprintec for a couple of months. No problems. Then I stopped taking it for a month. Got back on it. It's been almost a month since I've been back on it and the first week I was bloated to where it was uncomfortable. Starting peeing a lot. Felt very nausea for 2 weeks. To where it would keep me up at night. After the nausea went away my boobs felt a little sore. But those symptoms slowly went away. The only big problem I have with It now is that it's making me obsess over my stomach. I'm naturally skinny and it's made me gain so much weight and on top of that I'm still extremely bloated. It's really making me really upset! Thinking about changing BC. Haven't had my period this month yet. Should start next week."

KJ8 May 20, 2015

For Acne "This stuff is like a wonder pill! My acne is clearing up, my boobs look fuller, didn't change my sex drive, my moods are the same and it fully protects me from having a baby. I couldn't be happier with this because I have tried lots of brands and wasn't on birthcontrol for about four years because I didn't want to go through the same process of hating the form of birth control I was using but my Dr knew exactly what to give me. Be honest with your Dr and always do your research:)"

Alikay (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on it for three years and no pregnancy scares. No weight gain, nothing. My only complaint is my sex drive is nonexistant ."

DorisTheSpider (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 8, 2015

For Birth Control "Works pretty well as birth control but I take it mainly for period regulation. It does well with that too. I don't mind the weight gain or the fact that I am constantly eating/snacking since I'm pretty active and my metabolism surprisingly keeps up w/my cravings. the most interesting thing I noticed was actually an increase in my sex drive. usually the opposite right? But this stuff makes me want to do it all the time! I stopped it for a month because it was making me way too emotional, I would cry literally every morning at work. But then I noticed a decrease in sexual desire and extreme difficulty getting an orgasm (w my boyfriend AND by myself). needless to say I went right back to taking them. small price to pay for an amazing sex-life."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 29, 2015

For Acne "I started tri sprintec in November 2013. The first month, I was extremely moody and had anger problems. After three months, my acne cleared up. It's been over a year, and I haven't seen an spot since! This is great; I also am very active. Some days, my sex drive is not there, usually this happens the first week of the pack. So for birth control purposes, I would rate this as a 10, as well. I've never had any problems and never had any pregnancy scares. My boyfriend noticed that I went up a cup in size. I didn't gain any weight really, I'm just 98 lbs and the maximum, I would be 100 lbs. I would recommend it to anyone who has acne problems. But wait 3-4 months for results."

Cattttt (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 22, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "It has made me extremely nauseous. I can't stop throwing up. So far it hasn't helped with cramps or acne. My period hasn't went off since I started it and I start the placebo pills in 3 days. Will be consulting my doctor to switch once this pack is done."

Xoeee April 14, 2015