User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Acne 48 reviews 512 medications

5.5
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Tri-Sprintec reviews 307 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

For Birth Control "This pill did horrible things to me. I felt nauseous constantly and experienced severe anxiety. So much so, that I could not leave the house without crying. I was depressed and gained 8 pounds. All of this in less than a few months. I finally went off Tri Sprintec when I realized that it was causing me these side effects. Absolutely terrifying experience."

wintyS August 31, 2015

For Birth Control "While Tri-Sprintec is effective at preventing an unwanted pregnancy it has the worst side effects I have ever experienced on a birth control pill ever. I've only been on it for a little over a week and I have to stop using it. It has given me excruciating stomach aches, nausea, fatigue, migraines, and worst of all it is aggravating my anxiety levels. I feel like I'm on the verge of having a major panic attack since I started taking this awful pill. Not only is my anxiety getting out of control but I also feel depressed and uninterested in everything. All I want to do is sleep. I wish my stupid insurance covered ortho tri-cylcen lo, that has been the best pill so far. I don't recomment tri-sprintec to anyone."

lalashi485 August 25, 2015

For Acne "It's horrible.... my face broke out bad...got scars for life"

Anonymous August 23, 2015

For Acne "This is an initial review seeing as though I haven't even gotten through the first pack yet. My doctor prescribed tri sprintec for my skin & to avoid weight gain. I take the pill everyday at 5:30 pm. An odd daily pattern has developed. In the morning I feel normal. Then by the early afternoon, I'll get a killer headache a couple hours before its time to take the pill! Once I take it, the headache subsides but I get nausea instantly (sometimes vomit) & lose my appetite for the night. Then I get fatigued fast and have been sleeping very early. By the next morning I feel back to normal. The headaches and nausea suck! I also noticed really painful under the skin pimples. Waiting for skin to clear. Boobs are getting bigger that's a plus"

TS-Starter (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2015

For Ovarian Cysts "My senior year in high school I gained a lot of weight, we figured out it was all PCOS related. (60 pounds and I was a varsity athlete, now a high school graduate). I was an emotional wreck from the mood swings I had due to hormone imbalances. Tri-sprintec was perfect for me. It brought me back to normal, and after only 4 months on the pill I lost 20 pounds. I became happy me again. My periods returned, scene cleared up, and mood swings ended. Tri-sprintec, however, significantly increased my sex drive. It was there a little before the PCOS symptoms became noticeable. Then I had no sex drive from PCOS, but since I started it my sex dive has been pretty high for an 18 year old. Anyway, I would say if you have PCOS this pill rocks."

PCOS Girl6 August 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on Tri-Sprintec for a year and a half. It's very effective against pregnancy, I believe it helped with acne. I didn't experience any weight gain, However, I did go through a very traumatic 4 month phase before I stopped taking it. Let's see, I had anxiety attacks. I've never in life had anxiety attacks, not even anxiety. I was moody 21 days and happy the 5 days while on my cycle. I was paranoid, scared, cried a lot and had rage. I stopped taking tri sprintec, and boom, pregnant with twins. But ever since I stopped taking tri sprintec, I haven't experienced any of those things yet, and my twins are 2 years old"

TraumaticPhase August 18, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This pill is total shit. it was prescribe to me to regulate my periods and while it did do that, the side effects were horrendous. The third week of the third month I suffered a severe panic attack at work and was out of work for the rest of that week. I barely left my house and was afraid to drive for the remainder of the week.I had subsequent panic attacks and severe anxiety for the rest of that week along with chest pains and heart palpitations. At one point my anxiety levels were so high I thought I would vomit. I was so scared that I would drop dead any minute from a heart attack. This drug made me a severely anxious emotional irrational mess of a human being. and many of the side effects have lingered for the past five months...."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I took Tri Sprintec for 3 years and the first 2.5 years were great! Very effective at preventing pregnancy and even lightened my periods. However after that I started to feel very nauseated my first week of a pack and then became so depressed during the second week that I could not get out of bed. I know others who have had this experience after extended use."

GSprinks August 6, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for 4 years. The side effects were pretty bad. I'd get migraines. I'd cry a lot. I became paranoid about things. Had severe anxiety. Was depressed a lot. Pretty much things that I never felt before until I got on this pill. Very effective in preventing pregnancy but would otherwise not recommend."

thecrazy89 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 1, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on the birth control Ortho Tri Cyclen for about 4-5 months. It was the best birth control I have been on. I had finally found the one that best fit my body. My skin was flawless, even if I would forget to wash my face it would not break out. I also had light periods, they were not always regular but they were very light. It was great. I went to my pharmacy to pick it up & they gave me the generic Tri Sprintec. This is literally the worst experience I have had on a birth control. I have tried at least 5 to 6 different ones & this is by far the worst. I have read good experiences with this medication, but mine is definitley not. I have under the skin bumps on my face that will go away in a week to find more. My periods are so heavy"

keelybateman (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2015

For Birth Control "Started this a few months ago and the first month I had a 4 week long period which was not fun, however I've had no weight gain whatsoever, increased sex drive, and less acne! I really like this birth control and now my periods are completely regular after that terrible first month."

zoe0828 July 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I am 20 years old and I had been on Tri Sprintec for about 5-6 months and never really thought about it giving me major side effects. I had previously been on Levora for 5 years with the purpose of getting rid of major cramps. After 5 years my cramps began to come back so I switched to this one without any precaution. Long story short I ended up in the suicide ward because I was having major thoughts about suicide (which I NEVER have even thought of) along with major depression and my anxiety level increased drastically.. So be careful and change your pills if you need to."

kittycatarina July 24, 2015

For Birth Control "I went on these pills for preventing pregnancy. My doctor told me to not have unprotected sex the first week. I had unprotected sex twice in the beginning of the second week and I got paranoid when I researched the brand and found out they were generic-pregnancy rate is higher. These are combination pills-means that I did not have to take it at the exact time every day. The pills gave me crazy side effects as soon as I started them. Nausea happened everyday for the first 2 weeks to the point where I would throw up or go to the bathroom. I started eating a lot more and gained 3 pounds in the first week. Did not experience emotional changes. Got my period at the end of the last row and lasted 7 days. Not bad brand if you don't have insurance."

brittany1997 July 24, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on Tri-Sprintec and its predecessor for about 4.5 years. The first 3.5-4 years were great! My skin was perfect except for an occasional blemish here or there. But then it started to go down hill fast. I was hungry ALL the time, and even if I ate my normal meals (not giving into my hunger) I still managed to gain a good 10-15lbs that I could NOT lose. Also towards the end of my usage I became violently angry. Like I would be angry allllll the time and that's just not me! I'm normally happy and pleasant. Also my skin started to get really bad as it was prior to being on BC. Overall it wasn't that great."

Heatherhcw (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 19, 2015

For Acne "I'm 18 & have been using Tri Sprintec for the past 4 months mainly to try to get rid of my mild acne. In the first couple weeks, I was hopeful because I saw my face start to clear up & wasn't experiencing any side effects. However, as I kept taking it my acne started to flare up again, along with cramps & bloating pretty much all the time, mood swings, and slight weight gain (5 pounds). Since month 2, I started getting cystic acne (which I've never had before) on both my cheeks and especially in my chin area and along my jaw line, but my forehead stays almost completely clear. I thought my hormones just needed to get used to the pill but my skin has continued to get worse. I stopped taking Tri Sprintec & already seen improvement in 3 days."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2015

For Acne "I've been taking Tri-Sprintec for a couple of years now, and can say that it has really helped with my acne. I used to have it really bad, but now it's mostly cleared up (I just seem to get a few breakouts here and there). Also, my period is on a perfect 28 day schedule, so that is a plus."

Rileyann18 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 15, 2015

For Acne "I've used tri-sprintec for about a year. I started it to have lighter periods & to help get rid of acne. It's worked really well for me & my periods last about 4 days & are very light & I've had one or two breakouts since. So why not a higher score? Well like all women, my period was going to coincide with a beach vacation & I was not ok with that. I decided to skip a period & instead of using my week 4 pills, I skipped right from week 3 to week 1 on a new pack... Worst. Idea. Ever. I still got my period & it's lasted for a month, not to mention I have a major acne breakout & no not just one or two. I'm hoping things will go back to normal soon & I warn everyone if this pill is working well for you, DON'T SKIP A PERIOD INTENTIONALLY."

Anonymous2107 July 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I went to the gyno for the first time in April. I was not on BC but I was sexually active in a committed relationship. My German gyno with 50 years of experience recommended BC but I said I was not comfortable with it because of hormone things and other side effects I had heard of. She insisted and I caved. She told me to stop using condoms after the first two weeks of BC. I had never done that before. I read the BC prescription insert when I picked up the meds and decided it was safe to follow the doctor's advice. I TOOK EVERY PILL AROUND 7:00 EVERY DAY. Many won't believe me, but that doesn't matter because it's true. It is July. I am 6 weeks pregnant. Trust it if you want to, but mine isn't the only I got pregnant on Tri-Sprintec story."

Jen1125 July 8, 2015

For Acne "Made my acne 10 times worse !!!! But I've only been on it for 2 weeks and 2days. I saw that other people's acne got better within 3-4 months so I'll be patient. I take my pill at 10:15 every night. No nausea or throwing up. I think to Better to take your pill at night because I usually get sick from simply taking vitamins in the morning. No bleeding or spotting. No cramps. Slightly cranky but nothing my bf can't handle. Lol. & my breast haven't gotten larger but I have noticed the feel more heavy or full. No breast tenderness though."

Bobo bhanell July 6, 2015

For Acne "Slow and steady definitely wins this race. I was skeptical going on birth control to fix my ongoing acne battle especially since I am not sexually active. I have been on it for 3 months now and I am so grateful I did this!! My acne has cleared up 80% and I expect it to be closer to 95% for the next pack. It was hard to be patient those 3 months of wondering if it would work, but it did and I'm soo happy about it. At first, I noticed some swelling and tenderness in the chest, but that subsided after about 2-3 weeks, once my body got a bit more used to it. I had a few pounds of weight gain but that has since come off too- and may have been just water weight."

Success3month July 1, 2015

For Birth Control "It has been a very good birth control it just made me very sick at first. It made me so sick that I actually lost weight. I constantly felt nauseous and even made me throw up sometime. The first few months I had normal to light periods and my skin was glowing! Aside from how sick it made me, I definitely recommend this birth control."

Bryze June 30, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been taking it for about three months and I have no problems. Maybe a slight spike in emotions here and there, especially around the days of my period. I take them every mornings as soon and I wake up. My skin has also been pretty clear, a zit here and there maybe. I've had no weight gain. My period has been extremely regular, like mind blowing regular! And it's also extremely effective for the prevention of pregnancy! I love this pill. I was previously on LoEsterin and I had significant weight gain, so this stuff is miraculous! Love my birth control!"

Hannaah (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on this birth control from September to April (last full month taking it)> At first I didn't have any problems, but by the third month I was crazy emotional and would cry for no reason, my boobs grew from a B to a big C almost a D, and I gained about 7 on it and felt constantly bloated. My periods weren't significantly better. The only positive thing was that I was baby free, and I had an increased sex drive."

ley452 June 9, 2015

For Acne "I'm 19 years old. I've been struggling with cystic acne for about a year and a half now; my problem area being my cheeks . I've been on tri-sprintec for a little over a month.. Can't say I've seen any drastic changes but I feel like it's slowly taking effect (or I just might be desperate for results). I know they say it's 2-3 months for results so I'm remaining hopeful. The only downside I've noticed while taking this pill is that It might've made me break out under and around my jawline which was new for me. Also, I snack way too often now which might be making my breakouts a little excessive when that time of the month comes around."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I started taking tri sprintec about a year ago for unbearable cramps and it did help out in that department but I wasn't as responsible with taking it at the same time everyday as I am now. I stopped taking tri sprintec last year because I was inconsistent and every time I would miss a few days it would make me sick. Once I was off of it for a year I never tried anything so recently I decided to give it another shot because I feel more responsible with it and I am, I've been taking it every day on time for the first month, when I went to refill my prescription they didn't refill me for 4 days , I went 4 days without taking the pill & I have never felt more horrible from it , nausea, the whole 9 yards. never had luck with this contraception."

gabrielle95 May 31, 2015