User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Acne 42 reviews 512 medications

5.7
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Tri-Sprintec reviews 288 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

For Acne "Slow and steady definitely wins this race. I was skeptical going on birth control to fix my ongoing acne battle especially since I am not sexually active. I have been on it for 3 months now and I am so grateful I did this!! My acne has cleared up 80% and I expect it to be closer to 95% for the next pack. It was hard to be patient those 3 months of wondering if it would work, but it did and I'm soo happy about it. At first, I noticed some swelling and tenderness in the chest, but that subsided after about 2-3 weeks, once my body got a bit more used to it. I had a few pounds of weight gain but that has since come off too- and may have been just water weight."

Success3month July 1, 2015

For Birth Control "It has been a very good birth control it just made me very sick at first. It made me so sick that I actually lost weight. I constantly felt nauseous and even made me throw up sometime. The first few months I had normal to light periods and my skin was glowing! Aside from how sick it made me, I definitely recommend this birth control."

Bryze June 30, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been taking it for about three months and I have no problems. Maybe a slight spike in emotions here and there, especially around the days of my period. I take them every mornings as soon and I wake up. My skin has also been pretty clear, a zit here and there maybe. I've had no weight gain. My period has been extremely regular, like mind blowing regular! And it's also extremely effective for the prevention of pregnancy! I love this pill. I was previously on LoEsterin and I had significant weight gain, so this stuff is miraculous! Love my birth control!"

Hannaah (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on this birth control from September to April (last full month taking it)> At first I didn't have any problems, but by the third month I was crazy emotional and would cry for no reason, my boobs grew from a B to a big C almost a D, and I gained about 7 on it and felt constantly bloated. My periods weren't significantly better. The only positive thing was that I was baby free, and I had an increased sex drive."

ley452 June 9, 2015

For Acne "I'm 19 years old. I've been struggling with cystic acne for about a year and a half now; my problem area being my cheeks . I've been on tri-sprintec for a little over a month.. Can't say I've seen any drastic changes but I feel like it's slowly taking effect (or I just might be desperate for results). I know they say it's 2-3 months for results so I'm remaining hopeful. The only downside I've noticed while taking this pill is that It might've made me break out under and around my jawline which was new for me. Also, I snack way too often now which might be making my breakouts a little excessive when that time of the month comes around."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I started taking tri sprintec about a year ago for unbearable cramps and it did help out in that department but I wasn't as responsible with taking it at the same time everyday as I am now. I stopped taking tri sprintec last year because I was inconsistent and every time I would miss a few days it would make me sick. Once I was off of it for a year I never tried anything so recently I decided to give it another shot because I feel more responsible with it and I am, I've been taking it every day on time for the first month, when I went to refill my prescription they didn't refill me for 4 days , I went 4 days without taking the pill & I have never felt more horrible from it , nausea, the whole 9 yards. never had luck with this contraception."

gabrielle95 May 31, 2015

For Birth Control "I took this for 3 months to regulate my period and reduce the pain. It didn't help with the unbearable pain, but it kinda worked for regulating for one of the 3 months."

Blumenkohl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've never experienced problems with my previous birth control but Immediately after starting tri-strintec I started experiencing negative side effects from these pills. I thought it was all due to the change and needed to give my body time to adjust but after a little over a year I've had enough. My periods lasted a month and a half every 3-4 months, would spot for 3 days after intercourse, would constantly wake up covered in sweat, I exercised/ate healthy but still gained 9 lbs This pill has made me nervous to try any other birth control pill."

Roselynnn May 29, 2015

For Birth Control "Well I took Tri- sprintec for a couple of months. No problems. Then I stopped taking it for a month. Got back on it. It's been almost a month since I've been back on it and the first week I was bloated to where it was uncomfortable. Starting peeing a lot. Felt very nausea for 2 weeks. To where it would keep me up at night. After the nausea went away my boobs felt a little sore. But those symptoms slowly went away. The only big problem I have with It now is that it's making me obsess over my stomach. I'm naturally skinny and it's made me gain so much weight and on top of that I'm still extremely bloated. It's really making me really upset! Thinking about changing BC. Haven't had my period this month yet. Should start next week."

KJ8 May 20, 2015

For Acne "This stuff is like a wonder pill! My acne is clearing up, my boobs look fuller, didn't change my sex drive, my moods are the same and it fully protects me from having a baby. I couldn't be happier with this because I have tried lots of brands and wasn't on birthcontrol for about four years because I didn't want to go through the same process of hating the form of birth control I was using but my Dr knew exactly what to give me. Be honest with your Dr and always do your research:)"

Alikay (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on it for three years and no pregnancy scares. No weight gain, nothing. My only complaint is my sex drive is nonexistant ."

DorisTheSpider (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 8, 2015

For Birth Control "Works pretty well as birth control but I take it mainly for period regulation. It does well with that too. I don't mind the weight gain or the fact that I am constantly eating/snacking since I'm pretty active and my metabolism surprisingly keeps up w/my cravings. the most interesting thing I noticed was actually an increase in my sex drive. usually the opposite right? But this stuff makes me want to do it all the time! I stopped it for a month because it was making me way too emotional, I would cry literally every morning at work. But then I noticed a decrease in sexual desire and extreme difficulty getting an orgasm (w my boyfriend AND by myself). needless to say I went right back to taking them. small price to pay for an amazing sex-life."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 29, 2015

For Acne "I started tri sprintec in November 2013. The first month, I was extremely moody and had anger problems. After three months, my acne cleared up. It's been over a year, and I haven't seen an spot since! This is great; I also am very active. Some days, my sex drive is not there, usually this happens the first week of the pack. So for birth control purposes, I would rate this as a 10, as well. I've never had any problems and never had any pregnancy scares. My boyfriend noticed that I went up a cup in size. I didn't gain any weight really, I'm just 98 lbs and the maximum, I would be 100 lbs. I would recommend it to anyone who has acne problems. But wait 3-4 months for results."

Cattttt (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 22, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "It has made me extremely nauseous. I can't stop throwing up. So far it hasn't helped with cramps or acne. My period hasn't went off since I started it and I start the placebo pills in 3 days. Will be consulting my doctor to switch once this pack is done."

Xoeee April 14, 2015

For Acne "1) Cleared my skin up within 4 months. Still occasional problem spots around the time of my period but it's a joke compared to what I used to have to put up with. 2) POTENTIALLY IMPORTANT: When I got to the last week of hormonal pills (the super-strength hormone loaded ones before the week of placebos) for the first 5ish months on the pill I found that I would be prone to existential emotional breakdowns or feel more anxious/depressed than usual that week. I didn't notice the correlation for an embarrassing amount of time. I was very relieved when I did figure it out and I wish I had figured it out sooner. Now that I've been on it for a year this problem has almost disappeared. Just something to be aware of for the first few months!"

Hell week (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 30, 2015

For Acne "I just started my fourth month and I'm still hopeful I'll see my acne start to clear up. It hasn't really seen any improvements if anything it is a bit worse. I also get my period two times a month and I called my doctor to inform her and she said after three months that should start getting regulated as well as the acne. So im hopeful with in the next two packages of Tri Sprintec my acne and cycle start responding well. A good benefit is that my breasts have grown a cup size. I will post again at the end of 6 packages of pills and how that has impacted me. Overall im still hopeful because of what my doctor told me."

madi04 March 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm almost done with my first month of the pill. So far, its been quite a ride. I noticed a change in my acne right away, so I was super optimistic.. and then my period was late by about a week.. and then I got super moody and today i am stuck in bed vommitting. To me, its a small price to pay for clear skin and pregnancy free. The pill is extremely effective."

taylormitchell (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2015

For Birth Control "Let me just start with the fact that if I am going to buy or use anything under the sun, it is more than likely that I have read every review ever written on the item before buying/using it, etc. Before going on the pill, I read reviews for at least 100 different brands/versions of the combo pill and mini-pill before narrowing it down to three options (all combo pills). I talked each option over with my OBGYN and we settled on Tri-Sprintec for a few reasons. A. Triphasic (mirrors natural hormone levels better) B. Estrogen/androgen/progestin ingredients/levels help with acne and C. First two weeks of pills are low dose. Pros: no mood swings, no weight gain except in boobs Cons: medium cramps, slight breakthrough bleeding. Overall: Love it!"

ak11101 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2015

For Acne "On month 5 of taking Sprintec and it has almost completely cleared my cystic acne that I have had for over 5 years! Now all I have to do is clear up these acne scars!"

Kimmy35 March 5, 2015

For Ovarian Cysts "I really liked this pill in the beginning. Two full months later I am very nauseous, my anxiety is worse, and I have tiny dizzy spells that last from my fifth day of my period to the beginning of a new cycle. I am so miserable this time of the month that I've had to cancel several social outings. I saw my dr today and she switched me to plain Sprintec. I hope this works. On the bright side, my periods are on time, lighter bleeding, and minimal cramps"

Christine76 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2015

For Birth Control "Took it the right way and didn't have any children"

Ididnthavekids February 7, 2015

For Birth Control "Been taking since August of 2014. LOVE IT. Haven't gained any weight but I also work out regularly and eat healthy. Went up one cup size so far and they seem to be getting a little better which I don't hate! My acne has gotten a lot better. But there was about a week when I took it late everyday and I started breaking out bad. Sex is great, body looks good. Just a little more emotional than before too. Great for everyone!"

cmustudent January 17, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I just finished my first month of this and I can honestly say I like it! My second day on it I felt like crap and threw up but I primarily blame that on myself because I ate very little that day. Overall great experience so far, my period started while taking the placebo pills like expected so I can say it did regulate my period because I usually skip a month. I have noticed my breasts have gotten more sensitive while taking this but it doesn't bother me too much and I believe its even helped with my acne, which is a plus! "

Chelleeery (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on Tri-Sprintec for years and my period is extremely regular and I get it on the same day every month. Acne has always been an issue, but it has definitely lightened up a bit since taking this birth control. If I miss a pill, my body lets me know. I get very nauseous and experience cramping just because I am so (reliant) in a sense, on it. Also, I never had any significant weight change at all while taking it. I also have gone up a cup size too! I've had no trouble with Tri-Sprintec and would recommend it to others."

NicoleXO November 25, 2014

For Acne "I started taking birth control mainly for acne. I've had severe body acne since I was a teen. It's been so bad that I've been embarrassed to wear clothes that even expose my shoulders since my skin resembles a Dalmatian. I'm 22 now and I've tried all sorts treatments including head and shoulders, zinc supplements, ointments galore, and salicylic acid. None had a lasting change. Then finally, I went on birth control for the first time. Wow. At last. I am on week 3. No new acne, anywhere. My skin is even less oily, red, and irritated. As a bonus, my breast seems fuller! I haven't had any mood swings, bloating or cramps. (I was very worried about that before). Just exercise and stay positive!"

Elena77 November 24, 2014