User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Ovarian Cysts 6 reviews 55 medications

6.2
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 28 reviews 162 medications

Summary of Tri-Sprintec reviews 360 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

For Birth Control "worst birth controL. BADDD MOOD SWINGS! ive been taking for about a year and ive noticed all i do is cry over dumb shit. I am starting to have really bad anxiety and i quit i didnt even finish the whole back. everytime near my period i get angry . dont take this. please."

eriiuiaiaiia April 28, 2016

For Birth Control "Well I not pregnant but this pill has killed my sex drive. I had no prior problems with being "turned on" now there's nothing and sex is just painful now. Also pretty sure it's the reason I've been having constant yeast infections for months now."

Scissor (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I went on this medication because I needed to regulate my periods. I've been on it since January and everyone can tell in depressed. I used to be outgoing and talkative but now my boyfriend can just ask me a simple question and I'll break down and cry."

RyneSkye (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on tri sprintec for almost 3 years now. It was pretty bad for months after starting this pill. I had mood swings, I had moments were I felt depressed. I changed for a few months to the patch and depo, I liked the patch which I lost weight on, but I constantly worried it would fall off and the adhesive gave me a rash. Depo made me way to emotion and hungry. I gained weight on the pill but I'm not sure if it was because of the pill or because I started college. I have lost some of the weight since. I love that my periods are predictable and regular as well as short. I still get a few cramps and acne, but that only happens the day before my period. I no longer feel depressed or have crazy mood swings."

KGA2016 April 18, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This is the best birth control I've been on. No weight gain at all. And it doesn't make it hard to lose weight. My boobs have gotten bigger. My skin is so clear I get compliments on it ( i used to have bad acne). And most importantly, no babies. I have sex with my SO without condoms so I know it works. I know exactly when my period will come every month. That's a relief because I used to get my period anywhere from every 2-9 months apart. Only side effects is occasional nausea on the first week of each pack. And random headaches but that's not often."

Lia1234 April 13, 2016

For Birth Control "It's first time taking birth control, so I wasn't completely sure what to expect. I've been taking it for two weeks now and it has made me extremely emotional, nauseous every morning (I take the pill at night), I have no appetite, my boobs are very sore, and I've had spotting after my period for about a week now. I'd say the worst side effect is my emotional state. I went from being a completely optimistic and happy person to feeling depressed and off balance every day. I've cried almost every single day and for no reason. I hate this feeling. I don't feel like myself at all. I'm going to continue with the first three months (unless the effects worsen) only because I already paid for it, but I'll be talking to my dr about switching."

Senoritaaaa April 10, 2016

For Birth Control "Has worked wonderfully for me! Take it religiously."

Fgyvyvyvuvuvuvyvy- April 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking this two months ago, I was told it was the generic version of ortho tricyclen. It sucks. I've never had mood swings or anxiety like this before. I get so mad and emotional over the most ridiculous things and usually Im pretty happy and upbeat. It also did nothing for my cramps during my period, they were terrible and that's not an issue I've had on my previous birth control."

EmmC90 March 27, 2016

For Birth Control "I went on this mostly to clear up my acne and regulate my period. Not worth it, it may have helped a little with the acne and regulating periods but the side effects are terrible. I have always been a chill person and it has made me crazy and gain weight."

Karley (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2016

For Birth Control "This is my second month taking it and my breast are so sore first month I took it I was fine I feel nauseous all the time I'm gaining a lot of weight it's sad never had I felt like this on bc but only one more month left . Then I can try to have a baby been irregular all my life I'm 25 now still no kids ."

Bunny88 March 13, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on this since switching from Minastrin 24 Fe mint chewable due to my bad insurance. I have been on tri-sprintec for a month and a half and have noticed feeling bloated and tired. I have gained a few pounds which is scaring me considering I'm 4'10 and never been over 100 lbs and my weight typically remains the same. I workout 6 days a week and eat right and the past few weeks have been hell. I would rather spend $150 a month on my minastrin than ever take this pill ever again. Which is exactly what I'll be doing."

Jessilynn March 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on ortho tri cyclen previous for years and my gyno decided to put me on tri sprintec worst thing ever! Bad side effects awful insomnia and felt so anxious and moody for 3 months, something I never felt before. I had to go back on ortho bc of the side effects"

K.A March 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I have taken Tri Sprintec for 2 months and I refuse to start the third month. It makes me terribly nauseous, to the point where I will throw up about 4 times a day. (it happened so often I thought I was actually pregnant, which I am not). I have never been a sad person but since I started taking this pill I have been extremely depressed and have had terrible mood swings. It also causes tenderness of my boobs that I've never felt before and is extremely uncomfortable. Everyone's bodies are different but I had a horrible experience with this pill."

Anonymous March 9, 2016

For Acne "I've been on this pill for 12 months, and I hate it. For the first 6 months I was super moody...I'm actually convinced it ruined my last relationship bc it made me nuts. But sadly I stayed on it because I was desperate for clear skin, and it pretty much gave me that. HOWEVER, beginning seven months, my poor face started to suffer. It's only gotten worse....the only reason now that I've stayed on it is because it's really regulated my period. But my skin is dead...cysts on my forehead (I've never broken out on my forehead), cysts all over my cheeks...jawline...occasionally nose and chin. It's really sad and takes an unfortunate emotional toll. I'm stopping tonight and won't go back on this pill again. Try Velivet, I've heard great things."

Acne Sucks (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 5, 2016

For Birth Control "It took me a while before I was able to find a BC that really worked for me. I had taken one that was supposed to give me 4 periods a year BUT instead I ended up spotting everyday and having mood swings. Then I tried the Depo shot (which I loved) but my mom was extremely terrified of what it might do to me because of the bad experience she had with it. I got off because of her. So, I decided to get back on the very first one that I was on, which was ortho tri cyclen lo, but my doctor told me about Trisprintec and how relatively cheaper it was compared to ortho tri cyclen lo and how it does the same thing (it%u2019s the generic brand of ortho). Let me say, it has been the BEST birth control that I have ever taken! I don%u2019t ever have side effects. It%u2019s like everything is normal and it%u2019s doing its job. It actually shocked me when I saw there were people who were having horrible experiences with this BC but everyone%u2019s body is different. It%u2019s extremely cost effective and works like a charm on my end."

Lex T (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking Tri Sprintec as my first birth control. I needed something that was going to take away my nausea and vomitting when it came time for my period to start. It did just that. But now I'm nauseous all the time, I have terrible cramps all of the time. I have terrible, terrible mood swings. Not to mention the weight gain and my boobs got bigger. Now the boobs getting bigger part isn't bad, it's painful when your breasts are just really tender all of the time. Not to mention sex became painful while taking this. I do not recommend this drug. I've been taking it for 3 months now and I hate it. 3 months of pure suck. I'll definitely be getting a different pill on my next appointment."

Tbrizzy (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2016

For Birth Control "ok so I'm 17 and have taken this for only 2 days and already CRAZY emotional. also gotten some pretty severe headaches. I'll update further on about acne/weight gain/period lightening... but so far not sure if I'm liking it"

kinsr February 23, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started taking these after being hospitalized and given blood transfusions and iron. They recommended this and said it would help me. The first two weeks it did help a little. The third week is when everything started to change. I realized I had no energy to get out of bed. Simple things like brushing my teeth or taking a shower felt like the hardest things to do. I didn't want anyone to talk to me. I lost interest in my favorite tv shows and other things I always used to enjoy. My hair started falling out and I was always nauseous. I wouldn't eat ANYTHING! I started having heart palpitations and walking from one room to the next made me fatigued and dizzy. My body began to shut down. I do not recommend!!!"

Kira-heavy menstrual bleeding (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was on Ortho tri Cyclen Lo for the past 6 years, I had only went up a cup size and that was perfectly fine. I never had a problem with it, and thankfully never got pregnant. But due to the stupid Obamacare changes, the insurance forced my Dr. to give me Tri-Sprintec. I've only been taking it for the past 2 months and IT HAS BEEN HELL! I have gained 20 lbs in the first 2 months! I went from being a 34DD to a 36DDD and I count calories and I am an avid gym goer! I'm already near 30 and losing weight is especially hard when your at or past 30! And along with that I ended up having a low libido, ridiculous amounts of fatigue(like wanting to fall asleep standing up) vaginal dryness, constant calf muscle cramps, depressive moods. Do not take!"

-Anna (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2016

For Acne "This is my second brand I've tried using this form of birth control. Ever since a month or two after I began this, I've severely been breaking out all over my face especially on the jaw line, the chin and forehead. I have struggled with mild acne before this just a few spots here and there, but it has caused me to break out everywhere now and it is extremely bad. I have tried countless things to try and help this from everything over the counter and even prescriptions, topical and oral. I have tried EVERYTHING and it will not go away. It has lengthened my periods from three days to now six and made then heavier and I never use to have cramps now I do. I've experienced fatigue and depression from this. Too many negative side effects for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2016

For Birth Control "Worst experience ever! I hate it I have been taking the tri-sprintec and I can't take it anymore, the side effects are just out of control, I gained weight within the first two weeks of taking it and I don't eat a lot just regular three times; then I started breaking out horribly the first week which I have never had a problem with acne my skin has always been clear of acne. And don't let me get started with the mood swings. This has been such a horrible experience with this birth control. I know all body's are different, but I wouldn't recommend it. I'm on my third week and I'll finish the month. But after that I'm not taking it."

Ruth ramos (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I've used a lot of birth controls and they all made me gain a lot of weight and I was always bloated, my friend said tri sprintec was great if I wanted to stay in shape. My doctor said no matter what any birth control pills would make me gain weight because they contain hormones but its been 3 months since I started them and the only side effect is my boobs just started getting bigger but I'm not complaining :) effectiveness, I'm not sure cause I haven't been with anyone since but I'm sure its effective, thats what my friend said she's been using it for 2 years and she never uses condoms"

mamk (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2016

For Birth Control "3 weeks into taking this birth control I experienced severe anxiety, debilitating panic attacks that sent me to urgent care and kept me from working, depression, sensitivity to light and sound, racing heart, insomnia, and a complete personality change for the worse. My family didn't want to be around me. I stopped taking this drug 4 days ago and already feel a tremendous difference. I no longer have anxiety about going to bed at night, or driving on fast roads, or anything else that used to shut me down before. I have noticed a difference in my outlook on life, my personality, and it's only been 4 days. My doctor told me it can take a week to get completely out of my system but I am seeing improvement everyday. Consumers BEWARE of this drug."

CaitiLH (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I took Tri-Sprintec awhile. Last October I started bleeding profusely & found out I had a miscarriage! The claim is 1% chance or something like that of getting pregnant, Here it is January & still bleeding going to have to have a hysterectomy @ 35yo on the 12th of February,"

Amanda J January 25, 2016

For Acne "I started taking this birth control in September when my acne started to become uncontrollable. It has helped immensely with my hormonal skin issues. However, I started breaking out along my cheeks where I had never previously broken out before. I realized this area was related to stomach issues and read that birth control can kill the good bacteria in the stomach lining. If you're experiencing break outs along your cheeks I highly recommend taking a probiotic daily in conjunction with your birth control! It has helped immensely!! My skin is looking so much better! However, each month I seem to get really depressed right before the week of the placebo pills and am hoping this side effect subsides!! Just be very wary of this!!"

Shelbyyy January 18, 2016