User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Acne 31 reviews 499 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Tri-Sprintec reviews 251 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I started this pill a little less than a year ago, about six months after becoming sexually active. I have never had any problems with this pill. I was on Accutane for almost a year and even it didn't clear my face up as much as Tri-Sprintec has. It has also made my periods perfect, they last 5-6 days and are super light. My weight has not changed at all. I have noticed my sex drive has gone down but it works great for a contraceptive. I stopped using protection (condoms) about 4 months ago and am still baby free! This pill is wonderful and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap and effective contraceptive or acne fix.

March 16, 2014 10:49 PM
Review by Dora Marie (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I took Tri Sprintec for a year and though it was effective, the side effects were horrible. One being the fact that I naturally have a heavy and long 7 day period. There was no change in length nor flow of my cycle. The second and worst side effect would be that I was constantly nauseous even after the first three months. The pill changed my taste buds and made eating (something I Love) hell!

March 7, 2014 2:44 AM
Review by Newbie2: User Rating:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: Was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo 4 yrs ago for 2 years, kept a healthy diet and exercised. Gained a little weight, but just on my girly parts! Very mild PMS, reg and moderate periods. Had a baby last year and used the mini pill for 9 months. Only been on Tri Sprintec for 6 weeks and right away I noticed side effects. It wasn't until I read some reviews that I realized I was getting hives from it. I have pretty bad allergies so I thought that was why. I am a very optimistic person and anytime I feel in a bad mood I do any/ everything to come out of it. It seemed like I was constantly TRYING to pull myself out of a funk. Also, noticed a decrease in appetite and libido. The positive is clearer skin- except for one recent breakout, it's FREE and I'm not pregnant.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 7, 2014 12:44 AM
Review by Acne at 31 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: Since having my last child at age 27, my acne has been out of control. Serious cystic breakouts (forehead, chin, temples). When they just about heal up, BOOM, here comes the new ones. I have tried it all, literally. I did lemon juice, baking soda, vinegar, herbs, masks, lotions, pH balancing washes etc. NOTHING worked. I was so sick of it. At 30 I got Tri-Sprintec. The results were amazing. 1st month, I noticed the breakouts weren't as severe (but still there). 2nd month, I noticed the inflammation was better, still a few break out spots. 3rd month, I noticed I barely broke out (just on my temple area and one spot on my chin). 4th Month-NO MORE BREAKOUTS!

March 3, 2014 4:58 PM
Review by Lafayyy: User Rating:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have been on this pill for about a month in a half. I gained 20 pounds in about a month without changing my diet. I have been a complete antisocial freak who doesn't want to do anything besides sleep and be alone. My period was terrible and I went from having sex with my boyfriend 2-3 times a day to 2 times a week. I have been to a therapist because of how emotional I've been and I have wanted to drop out of college. The only "semi" good thing about this birth control is no babies and huge breasts. I went from a C to a DD which my boyfriend loves but me not so much. I am getting off of it.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 27, 2014 2:37 PM
Review by beemed: User Rating:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: I would just like to say if you're looking for a solution for you're acne PLEASE try this. I have been struggling with acne for a few years, I have tried everything from over the counter to prescribed medicine and NOTHING worked. Finally I decided to get on the pill because I had very deep painful cystic acne along my jawline and chin that wouldn't go away. I have been on Sprintec for 2 months now and my skin is 100% clear. Only time I get a pimple is around my period but it is so much more manageable. Trust me this pill is my magic pill.

February 24, 2014 1:15 AM
Review by sydney lynn (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I was on Tri-Sprintec for 2 months and it completely cleared my cystic acne. I had terrible, terrible acne for about 7 years before that and it completely scarred my cheeks. it even seemed to help with the scars a bit. I also lost a bit of weight on this pill. The only problem I had was that I would get a 2 day migraine on the first pack of pills. I switched and realized the headaches were a lot better than the other medicine so I am now switching back to Tri-Sprintec. This is by far the best birth control I've been on.

February 21, 2014 11:26 PM
Review by Krissy V (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: I have just completed one pack of the Tri-Sprintec. I was prescribed Ortho but was given Tri-Sprintec due to insurance. I am 30 years old and have not had any major acne in years. The last major outbreak I have had was when I was 24. I would still get the occasion 1-2 acne but it would only occur every several months. This month has been horrible on Tri-Sprintec. I've had at least 20+ acne spots on my face. I've tried to used multiple products to clear it up to no avail. It is all hormonal cystic acne that is mainly concentrated around my mouth area/chin and they all leave scarring. I'm honestly not sure if I can last 3 months on it to see if it will get better for me. I do not normally break out so this terrifies me!

February 10, 2014 1:39 AM
Review by Shammxo (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I love Tri-sprintec! It has regulated my cycle and cleared up my skin. The first couple of months I was a little nauseated when I took it, but that has gone away. This pill helped to balance out my hormones and actually helped me to lose weight. No complaints other than the 1-2 nights of nausea I experience when I start a new pack. Oh, and it's FREE.

February 3, 2014 7:21 AM
Review by Criss41: User Rating:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I love this birth control! I am usually really moody for some reason and starting this I am constantly happy and less stressed for some reason, I had a very heavy first period but all is well now. Highly recommend

January 30, 2014 9:27 PM
Review by ABQ-NAT (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: This is my second form of birth control and I absolutely love it! My insurance pays for it, so it does not cost me one penny. When I did pay for it; it was less than ten dollars. I started on the Depo shot and I hated it. I gained 40 pounds on it, and it affected me tremendously. Tri-sprintec hasn't let me down. I have used it for little over two years now. My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and we have been baby free. It continues to work for me. I haven't gained any weight. I don't get mood swings. The only difference I have noticed is a little bit more cramping, but nothing major. Cramps have been bearable. If you are looking for a steady birth control, than this could be for you.

January 25, 2014 8:31 PM
Review by kaylaDJ: User Rating:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Ovarian Cysts: I Started this to help regulate my periods. In the beginning id say maybe the first 4 were miserable heavy and my ovaries hurt really bad. My mood swings were really bad and now im just emotional and cry alot which I was never like before! Ive gained alot of weight with it which ive been really lucky most bc ive been on hasnt done that! Now im goin through the process of coming off of it and my husband and I want to start a family.Your periods will lighten up and get shorter and last a few days!!!! In my case ive stabilized in areas except that I cry alot lol. Its a good bc it has its ups and downs like they all do!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 22, 2014 10:03 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have just finished my second week on Tri-Sprintec and my period hasn't stopped since. I have been getting more moody than I normally am and I almost had 3 anxiety attacks.

January 18, 2014 1:19 PM
Review by birthcontroler: User Rating:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: This is my second month on Tri-Sprintec and so far so good. I was on the Depo-Provera shot for more than a year and as soon as I stopped lost 40 pounds, and it seemed as though both my body and emotions were settling to their normal state. I started taking Tri-Sprintec months after that ordeal and PMS acne has not been an issue as it had been on the previous birth control. I do get bloated but there's barely any PMS symptoms, I am a little more emotional than I was without any birth control at all which is kind of expected, and my periods are light and not troublesome.

January 10, 2014 9:39 PM
Review by Haileygee123: User Rating:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): I recently started taking this birth control 4 days ago & so far, so good! I was put on it to regulate my periods because they were really weird from being on the Depo shot. I have been a little bloated and my body does seem a tad bit sore every other day though, but I think that's just my body getting used to it! I am 16 years old and I do have mild-severe acne from a hormonal imbalance, so hopefully with proper dieting & this medication it will clear up in no time fingers crossed.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 10, 2014 10:05 AM
Review by MM2233: User Rating:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: My doctor recommended this to me since I was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo before and after having a child it no longer worked as well for me and began to cause cystic acne on my chin. She said Tri Sprintec is the generic for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo and works similarly to your natural body's hormone process. Since I started it each month my skin has gotten clearer and the PMS mood swings before my period are getting better. I was definitely more moody after I started taking this birth control. The biggest thing I've noticed is lack of sexual drive but my skins clear, little weight gain, and no hair loss. So I'm sticking with it.

January 7, 2014 10:21 PM
Review by lauramad16 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: Good birth control but I gained about 10-15 lbs in two months from it, with regular exercise, etc. Very little acne, better than the Trinessa and Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo I was on. Extremely light periods.

January 7, 2014 8:48 PM
Review by JDWJ (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I started Tri-Sprintec a month ago, not by choice but because that was the only thing the health department had in their inventory. The nurse told me it was exactly the same as the other pills. I could definitely tell a difference in myself though just after starting them! My emotions were out of control and I kept going into deep depression mode! My appetite was pretty much gone too so I wasn't eating. A good tip is to keep a journal once you start a new pill so you can keep track of break downs, mood swings and how often they're happening. I had a break down at work, crying in front of my boss and everything. I decided to stop the pill and since then I've felt great.

January 4, 2014 11:57 AM
Review by NellySofia: User Rating:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have just recently started taking the birth control Tri- Sprintec. I'm going for my 3rd week on it and so far I love it. I haven't had any change of mood, nausea or spotting. I haven't had any sexual relation yet while I've been on it so I can't really say how good it works at keeping me not pregnant. I will be definitly be doing an update. But so far in love love love it.

December 21, 2013 6:11 PM
Review by in love (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: My periods are shorter and I'm regular. My face is clear and I haven't suffered from any weight gain, although I do have some PMS mood swings sometimes but I've been on this pill for almost two years and its definitely helped this 22yr old.

December 7, 2013 11:26 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: I'm 22yrs old and have been dealing with acne since about 13yrs old. I've been on Tri-Sprintec for almost two years now and what a difference. It has to be the best birth control I've ever been on. No gaining weight, mood changes, and my face stays clear even when it is that time of the month. Life changing.

December 7, 2013 8:55 AM
Review by Ina from CA (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: Although it worked for preventing pregnancy and helped on acne, this pill made me depressed and angry most of the time.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 26, 2013 5:43 PM
Review by Jacque4: User Rating:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: Good for preventing pregnancy and clearing up Skin. But it does make some women gain water weight. I gained 20 lbs on it and rapidly lost it in a month when I switched to another brand. So make sure you notice how it affects your body while on it. To me the weight gain was not worth it.

November 19, 2013 1:06 PM
Review by Ms. QT: User Rating:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been on this pill for over three months and Tri-Spintec has good and bad aspects. The good thing is its contraceptive. The not so good things are: my period lasts about ten days; I have really bad mood swings before; it causes nausea and lastly my acne has gotten worse. I used Ortho Tri-Cyclen since I was nineteen and it was absolutely wonderful.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 15, 2013 9:27 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have been on this pill for about a year now and I just cannot deal with it anymore! I used to be so happy but lately I'm a different person, someone who is not nice. At first I thought just I hadn't gotten used to it yet but as more time has went on I am hateful, severely depressed, nauseated, very tired, and constantly just an unhappy person. It has effected my relationships with everyone and the next chance I get I'm switching to something else. I'm not saying it will do this to everyone but I know it has been awful for me. One thing it had done is what it was supposed to do, it kept me from getting pregnant.

November 9, 2013 12:38 AM