User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Acne 40 reviews 513 medications

5.9
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Tri-Sprintec reviews 280 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

For Birth Control "Well I took Tri- sprintec for a couple of months. No problems. Then I stopped taking it for a month. Got back on it. It's been almost a month since I've been back on it and the first week I was bloated to where it was uncomfortable. Starting peeing a lot. Felt very nausea for 2 weeks. To where it would keep me up at night. After the nausea went away my boobs felt a little sore. But those symptoms slowly went away. The only big problem I have with It now is that it's making me obsess over my stomach. I'm naturally skinny and it's made me gain so much weight and on top of that I'm still extremely bloated. It's really making me really upset! Thinking about changing BC. Haven't had my period this month yet. Should start next week."

KJ8 May 20, 2015

For Acne "This stuff is like a wonder pill! My acne is clearing up, my boobs look fuller, didn't change my sex drive, my moods are the same and it fully protects me from having a baby. I couldn't be happier with this because I have tried lots of brands and wasn't on birthcontrol for about four years because I didn't want to go through the same process of hating the form of birth control I was using but my Dr knew exactly what to give me. Be honest with your Dr and always do your research:)"

Alikay (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on it for three years and no pregnancy scares. No weight gain, nothing. My only complaint is my sex drive is nonexistant ."

DorisTheSpider (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 8, 2015

For Birth Control "Works pretty well as birth control but I take it mainly for period regulation. It does well with that too. I don't mind the weight gain or the fact that I am constantly eating/snacking since I'm pretty active and my metabolism surprisingly keeps up w/my cravings. the most interesting thing I noticed was actually an increase in my sex drive. usually the opposite right? But this stuff makes me want to do it all the time! I stopped it for a month because it was making me way too emotional, I would cry literally every morning at work. But then I noticed a decrease in sexual desire and extreme difficulty getting an orgasm (w my boyfriend AND by myself). needless to say I went right back to taking them. small price to pay for an amazing sex-life."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 29, 2015

For Acne "I started tri sprintec in November 2013. The first month, I was extremely moody and had anger problems. After three months, my acne cleared up. It's been over a year, and I haven't seen an spot since! This is great; I also am very active. Some days, my sex drive is not there, usually this happens the first week of the pack. So for birth control purposes, I would rate this as a 10, as well. I've never had any problems and never had any pregnancy scares. My boyfriend noticed that I went up a cup in size. I didn't gain any weight really, I'm just 98 lbs and the maximum, I would be 100 lbs. I would recommend it to anyone who has acne problems. But wait 3-4 months for results."

Cattttt (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 22, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "It has made me extremely nauseous. I can't stop throwing up. So far it hasn't helped with cramps or acne. My period hasn't went off since I started it and I start the placebo pills in 3 days. Will be consulting my doctor to switch once this pack is done."

Xoeee April 14, 2015

For Acne "1) Cleared my skin up within 4 months. Still occasional problem spots around the time of my period but it's a joke compared to what I used to have to put up with. 2) POTENTIALLY IMPORTANT: When I got to the last week of hormonal pills (the super-strength hormone loaded ones before the week of placebos) for the first 5ish months on the pill I found that I would be prone to existential emotional breakdowns or feel more anxious/depressed than usual that week. I didn't notice the correlation for an embarrassing amount of time. I was very relieved when I did figure it out and I wish I had figured it out sooner. Now that I've been on it for a year this problem has almost disappeared. Just something to be aware of for the first few months!"

Hell week (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 30, 2015

For Acne "I just started my fourth month and I'm still hopeful I'll see my acne start to clear up. It hasn't really seen any improvements if anything it is a bit worse. I also get my period two times a month and I called my doctor to inform her and she said after three months that should start getting regulated as well as the acne. So im hopeful with in the next two packages of Tri Sprintec my acne and cycle start responding well. A good benefit is that my breasts have grown a cup size. I will post again at the end of 6 packages of pills and how that has impacted me. Overall im still hopeful because of what my doctor told me."

madi04 March 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm almost done with my first month of the pill. So far, its been quite a ride. I noticed a change in my acne right away, so I was super optimistic.. and then my period was late by about a week.. and then I got super moody and today i am stuck in bed vommitting. To me, its a small price to pay for clear skin and pregnancy free. The pill is extremely effective."

taylormitchell (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2015

For Birth Control "Let me just start with the fact that if I am going to buy or use anything under the sun, it is more than likely that I have read every review ever written on the item before buying/using it, etc. Before going on the pill, I read reviews for at least 100 different brands/versions of the combo pill and mini-pill before narrowing it down to three options (all combo pills). I talked each option over with my OBGYN and we settled on Tri-Sprintec for a few reasons. A. Triphasic (mirrors natural hormone levels better) B. Estrogen/androgen/progestin ingredients/levels help with acne and C. First two weeks of pills are low dose. Pros: no mood swings, no weight gain except in boobs Cons: medium cramps, slight breakthrough bleeding. Overall: Love it!"

ak11101 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2015

For Acne "On month 5 of taking Sprintec and it has almost completely cleared my cystic acne that I have had for over 5 years! Now all I have to do is clear up these acne scars!"

Kimmy35 March 5, 2015

For Ovarian Cysts "I really liked this pill in the beginning. Two full months later I am very nauseous, my anxiety is worse, and I have tiny dizzy spells that last from my fifth day of my period to the beginning of a new cycle. I am so miserable this time of the month that I've had to cancel several social outings. I saw my dr today and she switched me to plain Sprintec. I hope this works. On the bright side, my periods are on time, lighter bleeding, and minimal cramps"

Christine76 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2015

For Birth Control "Took it the right way and didn't have any children"

Ididnthavekids February 7, 2015

For Birth Control "Been taking since August of 2014. LOVE IT. Haven't gained any weight but I also work out regularly and eat healthy. Went up one cup size so far and they seem to be getting a little better which I don't hate! My acne has gotten a lot better. But there was about a week when I took it late everyday and I started breaking out bad. Sex is great, body looks good. Just a little more emotional than before too. Great for everyone!"

cmustudent January 17, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I just finished my first month of this and I can honestly say I like it! My second day on it I felt like crap and threw up but I primarily blame that on myself because I ate very little that day. Overall great experience so far, my period started while taking the placebo pills like expected so I can say it did regulate my period because I usually skip a month. I have noticed my breasts have gotten more sensitive while taking this but it doesn't bother me too much and I believe its even helped with my acne, which is a plus! "

Chelleeery (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on Tri-Sprintec for years and my period is extremely regular and I get it on the same day every month. Acne has always been an issue, but it has definitely lightened up a bit since taking this birth control. If I miss a pill, my body lets me know. I get very nauseous and experience cramping just because I am so (reliant) in a sense, on it. Also, I never had any significant weight change at all while taking it. I also have gone up a cup size too! I've had no trouble with Tri-Sprintec and would recommend it to others."

NicoleXO November 25, 2014

For Acne "I started taking birth control mainly for acne. I've had severe body acne since I was a teen. It's been so bad that I've been embarrassed to wear clothes that even expose my shoulders since my skin resembles a Dalmatian. I'm 22 now and I've tried all sorts treatments including head and shoulders, zinc supplements, ointments galore, and salicylic acid. None had a lasting change. Then finally, I went on birth control for the first time. Wow. At last. I am on week 3. No new acne, anywhere. My skin is even less oily, red, and irritated. As a bonus, my breast seems fuller! I haven't had any mood swings, bloating or cramps. (I was very worried about that before). Just exercise and stay positive!"

Elena77 November 24, 2014

For Birth Control "I was on this bc 2 & a half months before I decided to stop. This was not my first BC & previously I had no issues with bc. The first month was okay but around the 2nd month I started having terrible nausea at nighttime. To the point where I wasn't able to leave the house. I also had extremely decreased libido. Went from having sex daily to maybe once a week. No change in weight or appetite other than not wanting to eat because of the nausea. I have now been off of trisprintec for about a week & haven't had any nighttime nausea at all. Every bc effects everyone differently but this was not the one for me."

Notforme November 23, 2014

For Birth Control "This is the only BC I've ever taken so I can't really compare it to others, but it's been good for me. Haven't gained any weight, and it makes my period regular. When I first started taking it, I didn't start the pack when I was supposed to because I only get my period a few times a year. I bled for like 3 weeks, but after that I was normal. It hasn't caused me to gain weight, but I do think I am a bit more emotional than before. My skin is much clearer since taking it"

Yayaya I am Lorde October 24, 2014

For Acne "I started taking Tri-Sprintec 7 months ago. I mainly wanted it to treat acne but also as birth control. I had moderate acne and it actually took a while for the pill to finally help my skin. I had to be patient with it because it took about 4-5 months for my skin to clear up with occasional pimples around my period. The pill did thankfully increase my breasts size after a couple weeks to a month of taking it, and I felt like my appetite has increased but I've only gained around 7 pounds since I started and I've always been at 100 pounds. This pill has been great to me and I haven't had any problems with it so far (that I know of)."

AcneProbs (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 29, 2014

For Acne "I primarily took this to control my periods so I don't have to stress out even more on finals week. I have no mood swings but I do get more nauseous than usual. I also got my cystic acne back (6 simples vs 3 tiny usual pimples). I have oily skin and realize that a lot of it has to do with that and not cleaning my face properly. However, I realize that mino cycline and doxycycline have worked wonders with my acne in the past. Though they are not birth control, I would consider those instead for those of you interested in clearing up your skin best."

Funny girl (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2014

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've only been on the Tri-Sprintec pill for a little bit to help my acne clear up and regulate my periods. So the first few days have been fine, but my vagina itches like crazy. It wasn't that bad until the Wednesday after I started the pill. I don't think I've been on it long enough to notice changes in my acne or weight, but I didn't know if anyone else has had the same experience as I have had so far? I also haven't been sick or really felt that bad except for a little stomach aches."

Anonymous... (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2014

For Birth Control "This pill has been great. It keeps my period very regulated and I went up a cup size within the first couple months. I have suffered from moderate acne since I was a teenage and since taking the pill, my face is completely clear! I will occasionally get a pimple around the time of my period, but NOTHING like I had before. It is magic! The nausea was mild-moderate during the first few months and I still occasionally feel mildly nauseous (nothing unmanageable, though). My appetite has changed, as well (I don't crave sugar as often as I used to). I feel like it helps stabilize my mood in general, as well, but I do cry more often than I used to (during period time). All in all, great method!"

Hannah12345 July 25, 2014

For Acne "I'm 17 and this is the first method of birth control I have tried, been taking it for three weeks. It has been Amazing! My acne has completely cleared up in all areas (whole face, chest, back) and I have had no bad side effects!"

Dakota1234 July 8, 2014

For Birth Control "As of today I have just started my first Placebo pill in my first month of Tri-Sprintec. For the first week or two I noticed increased nausea and breast tenderness, the nausea subsided but the breast tenderness still lingers (just not as bad). I got on this birth control in June to prevent pregnancy, so far for the whole preventing pregnancy it's wonderful. Periods come right on time and I had no clue of her arrival (no cramps, moodiness etc) which I love! Since I've been on it, the past month I have actually lost 16 pounds and I am quite alright with that, I have decreased appetite which is also a good thing because before I started birth control I would eat every chance I got. Overall this pill is great! You just have to try it out for you!"

Kyrstendavis (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2014