User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Tri-Sprintec review summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 448 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec to treat Acne

Review by Dakota1234:

I'm 17 and this is the first method of birth control I have tried, been taking it for three weeks. It has been Amazing! My acne has completely cleared up in all areas (whole face, chest, back) and I have had no bad side effects!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 8, 2014 5:21 PM

Review by Acne at 31 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Since having my last child at age 27, my acne has been out of control. Serious cystic breakouts (forehead, chin, temples). When they just about heal up, BOOM, here comes the new ones. I have tried it all, literally. I did lemon juice, baking soda, vinegar, herbs, masks, lotions, pH balancing washes etc. NOTHING worked. I was so sick of it. At 30 I got Tri-Sprintec. The results were amazing. 1st month, I noticed the breakouts weren't as severe (but still there). 2nd month, I noticed the inflammation was better, still a few break out spots. 3rd month, I noticed I barely broke out (just on my temple area and one spot on my chin). 4th Month-NO MORE BREAKOUTS!

March 3, 2014 4:58 PM

Review by beemed:

I would just like to say if you're looking for a solution for you're acne PLEASE try this. I have been struggling with acne for a few years, I have tried everything from over the counter to prescribed medicine and NOTHING worked. Finally I decided to get on the pill because I had very deep painful cystic acne along my jawline and chin that wouldn't go away. I have been on Sprintec for 2 months now and my skin is 100% clear. Only time I get a pimple is around my period but it is so much more manageable. Trust me this pill is my magic pill.

February 24, 2014 1:15 AM

Review by Krissy V (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have just completed one pack of the Tri-Sprintec. I was prescribed Ortho but was given Tri-Sprintec due to insurance. I am 30 years old and have not had any major acne in years. The last major outbreak I have had was when I was 24. I would still get the occasion 1-2 acne but it would only occur every several months. This month has been horrible on Tri-Sprintec. I've had at least 20+ acne spots on my face. I've tried to used multiple products to clear it up to no avail. It is all hormonal cystic acne that is mainly concentrated around my mouth area/chin and they all leave scarring. I'm honestly not sure if I can last 3 months on it to see if it will get better for me. I do not normally break out so this terrifies me!

February 10, 2014 1:39 AM

I'm 22yrs old and have been dealing with acne since about 13yrs old. I've been on Tri-Sprintec for almost two years now and what a difference. It has to be the best birth control I've ever been on. No gaining weight, mood changes, and my face stays clear even when it is that time of the month. Life changing.

December 7, 2013 8:55 AM

Review by JCFen:

I am almost through with my second month pills and I have to say that my acne has gotten worse. I normally have fairly clear skin with occasional small breakouts, but since the birth control my acne has gotten much more common and more large and painful as well. I'm hoping that my body is still getting use to the hormones and will soon get back to normal. Also, my appetite has become a constant issue. My weight has stayed the same so far, but I am eating much more than I used to. Hoping that this is all just adjustments that will get better with time!

November 5, 2013 8:44 PM

Review by Dancelove (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I've been on this pill for a full month today. First couple of weeks were very rough. Neausua was a bad problem and I felt very sick for a few weeks. Over the past month ive experienced bad mood swings and an increased appetite and I couldn't help but eat and snack. I gained about 3 or 4 pounds this month. Not very happy about that! I hope that starts to go away, but my acne has gone about 70 percent away, not fully there. But my doctor said it might take a few months. Redness is gone, but still pimples are there.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 4, 2013 4:55 PM

Review by Elle MJ (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I've been taking Tri-Sprintec for two months now. I have had persistent mild acne (plus scarring :/) since middle school. (I'm in my twenties now). I must say -- this pill has improved my skin. It's not perfect, but I've noticed that my normally breakout-prone skin has cleared up a bit, so that's nice to see. And now the negative: my appetite has increased *immensely*. I feel like I'm starving all the time. It's like constant PMS. I'm hoping this will go away as my body acclimates to the pill... I've consequently gained about 10 pounds... BUT -- my boobs have gotten bigger as a result, and my bum as well, so perhaps it's not all bad...

October 28, 2013 10:38 PM

Review by HoustonGirl (taken for less than 1 month):

I am 30 years old and I have never taken birth control pills before. I had skin that was so dry that every morning the skin on my cheeks flaked off. It almost looked like a bad sunburn that resulted in peeling skin. My right cheek was so red and inflamed but after taking the first pill, I noticed a difference the very next day. I have taken 7 pills and so far so good. My cheeks are soft and finally look like regular skin. The redness on my right cheek is fading and it doesn't hurt to apply makeup anymore. I am so excited to see how much better my skin gets. No side effects yet. I hope I don't get any when I get to the other colored pills.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 9, 2013 4:08 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For the purpose of acne, this medicine helped me a lot! But within two months of starting it I gained 10 pounds. I exercise 4-5 times a week and eat well and hadn't made any changes that would cause weight gain. Nothing I did would get rid of the weight gained, especially around my hips and thighs. It took me a year to realize that this was the problem. I'm 17 now and did swimming in high school and usually lose at least 5- 10 pounds each season, but this year I stayed at a constant 140. Because of this I'm switching. I also got extreme nausea, if I didn't eat enough food before taking it, or if I took it more than 30 minutes after eating, I would get intense nausea, dry heave twice, and lose my appetite.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 10, 2013 2:37 PM

Review by mdgaugler (taken for less than 1 month):

I'm 16 and this is the first birth control I've ever been on. My doctor prescribed Ortho Tri-Cyclen to help control my acne, but because of my insurance I was given Tri-Sprintec. I just started my second week and there have been NO side effects whatsoever. Which is a good/bad thing. I was extremely worried about gaining a massive amount of weight or becoming intensely moody or something but nothing's happened so far. My acne hasn't changed at all, nor has anything else. I'm sticking to it though, hopefully it'll just take some more time to kick in.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 21, 2013 8:18 PM

Review by K_m:

I went on Tri-Sprintec for acne and irregular periods, and it has definitely helped me regulate both. Upon being prescribed this particular BC I was terrified because of all of the negative reviews, so I figured I'd share my positive experience for someone who was in my position. The only noticeable side effect I've had is a bit of chest acne (which I never had before), but as I'm only on my third pack now I'm hoping it will eventually clear up!

March 16, 2013 1:36 PM

Review by NTLsny (taken for 5 to 10 years):

I started taking Tri-Sprintec when I was 17. I am now 24. This was originally recommended to me by my OBGYN for acne and migraines and it has made my skin great and migraines disappear. Occasional breakouts but nothing major. In the beginning I had no major emotional, weight, or period issues. My periods are still very light and last about 5 days. After a few years my weight spiraled out of control and I ended up gaining about 45 pounds (from 122 to 160!) and also dealt with depression, anxiety, low energy/lethargy, and increased appetite. Every body is different which is why it is important to monitor your symptoms over YEARS. Things can change. I am now switching to a lower dose of hormones and seeing if there is a change.

March 15, 2013 11:00 PM

Review by Alexis90:

I am nineteen and I've been on this pill for almost two months now. I am being forced to give it another month but I can't wait to switch! I have had horrible breakouts, weight gain, nausea, cramping even off my period, mood swings, depression...the list goes on. I have never felt more horrible. I will be trying Yasmin next. Also, if your skin isn't improving in three months, I would definitely switch birth controls.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 5, 2013 4:44 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Tri-sprintec is definitely the best medication I have had for my face. In high school I suffered from awful acne that got worse a week before my period started. My face was also burning so bad that I could hardly wash my face (the main reason why I had so much ance). My gyno prescribed this medication just for controlling the acne. Now I have been on the medication for 5 years and my acne has completely disappeared, and I don't ever remember my last bad pimple!

February 1, 2013 11:58 PM

Review by Crazy bitch:

I've been on this pill for 9 days and gained 6 Lbs. Breast tenderness, low libido, apathy, irritability, aggression, exhaustion, and clumsiness. I'll try it for the month and hope the side effects go away.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 29, 2013 1:49 PM

Review by Cali Girl (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I started Tri Sprintec 3 months ago for my 15 year struggle with acne. I am 35 years old and haven't been able to battle acne until now.....sort of. It has cleared my acne by like 90%! It probably would of been 100% if it wouldn't make me stay on my period for 3 weeks at a time. I have ALWAYS been regular with no cramps or period problems until now. I still have no cramps, but my period comes on whenever it feels like it! So annoying. I also have had tender breasts. I'm already a DDD so I don't need any growing there please! Other than that....I love that fact that my face is clearing up...I can deal with the other problems as long as my acne is GONE!!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 29, 2013 11:17 AM

Review by Celeste7368:

I have been taking Tri-Sprintec for almost a year now and it has done wonders for my face. However, I do get 1 or 2 zits on my face whenever I'm supposed to start my period. The first 5 months I didn't have cramps, bloating, or heavy periods, but now they're all starting to come back. I switched to Sprintec for about two months and found no good use for it and then switched back. I think the only good thing about Tri-Sprintec is the fact that it keeps my face, back, and chest clear of zits.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 14, 2013 5:07 PM

Review by anonnn (taken for less than 1 month):

So far, I've taken this pill for a few days...I've taken six pills and every night, I notice my face getting a little bit clearer. Even my acne scars seem to be going away! I've had acne since I was 8, and I'm 18 now, so I'm very excited to notice the difference! I have been having a lot of nausea, and I even had to call into work because I woke up one morning and started dry heaving....I thought I must have caught a stomach bug, but now I'm pretty sure it was the pills. The nausea is starting to go away, and I am able to eat again.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 2, 2013 10:39 PM

My gyno initially wrote a prescription refill for Ortho Tri-Cyclen (which I had been taking for years), but when I went to have the prescription refilled, the pharmacy did not have Ortho in stock. Therefore, they suggested the TriSprintec. Just days after starting the pack I experienced the WORST breakouts I have had as an adult, along with nausea, heart palpitations, and migraines. This is simply my experience with this pill - I know every female's body is different.

October 1, 2012 9:49 PM

I've been using this birth control for 3 months now and I'm starting my 4th month now. I started taking the pill to hopefully help with my acne and it seem to be working somewhat well until recently. When I started taking it, the acne I had improved a bit, but a few weeks ago my face basically blew up. I developed tons of it from just below my cheek bones, across my chin and along my jaw line but my forehead stays clear. I initially thought that it was just a breakout to signal that my period was starting (I normally get a little more just before, even on the pill) but it didn't go away. It's terrible and it's never been this bad before even off the pill.

September 18, 2012 7:58 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I was very skeptical about trying this pill because it is a generic and I have heard negative things about it. I have been on it for two months and so far, no weight gain, no nausea, no mood swing, or any other of the reported side effect. The best part about this pill is that it completely cleared up my cystic acne after only a few weeks. I have been on a couple of other pills with horrible side effects. Find the pill that works best with your body. This one seems to work best with mine.

August 25, 2012 9:37 AM

2 weeks in I've got the worst breakout I've had in years. Also nausea and stomach pains. I prefer Ortho Tri-Lo -- didn't have any of these side effects on that one.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 19, 2012 10:34 PM

Review by The Younger Generation (taken for less than 1 month):

I'm 15 and I started taking Tri-Sprintec about 8 days ago to help with my acne and horrible periods. I have been reading all of the reviews and so far I don't think it is as bad. Yes, I have breast tenderness, nausea, and intense stomach pains, but it's nothing I can't handle. Others say those symptoms go away after a few packets, and I'm willing to go through with it.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 17, 2012 12:51 PM

I'm almost finished with my 3rd pack. I have nice skin again, and my periods are regular. No Weight Gain (I sort of wanted some) and my breasts have gotten somewhat fuller but that's NO complaint. I have had no side effects on this pill that effects my life, the 3rd week my breast get a little tender but I'm not in horrible pain. I think I'll be staying with it.

March 21, 2012 6:21 PM