User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Tri-Sprintec Rating Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 462 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec to treat Acne

"I started taking this birth control in September when my acne started to become uncontrollable. It has helped immensely with my hormonal skin issues. However, I started breaking out along my cheeks where I had never previously broken out before. I realized this area was related to stomach issues and read that birth control can kill the good bacteria in the stomach lining. If you're experiencing break outs along your cheeks I highly recommend taking a probiotic daily in conjunction with your birth control! It has helped immensely!! My skin is looking so much better! However, each month I seem to get really depressed right before the week of the placebo pills and am hoping this side effect subsides!! Just be very wary of this!!"

Shelbyyy January 18, 2016

"When I told my doctor about how previous birth controls had made me break out, she prescribed this medicine. "It'll clear your face up", she said. Nope. Nah ah. I have taken this medication for over 2 months and it has made my acne WORSE. WAY worse. Painful cystic acne worse. All over. I haven't had acne this bad since high school. It has also made my period very heavy and blood clot-filled, which last for 7 days. Also MOODSWINGS. Horrible mood swings. The only positive is that I haven't gotten pregnant. But is it worth it when you're left feeling horribly self-conscious and depressed???"

AlexAndStuff January 16, 2016

"PLEASE READ THIS: Tri-Sprintec will cause an initial breakout for the first 3-4 months. DON'T BE DISCOURAGED! After this period, your skin will clear up like magic! I'm 20 years old and have been on tri-sprintec on/off since I was 18. I've had severe acne since I was about 12/13 years old and have seen multiple dermatologists since then. Nothing worked until I went to my gyno to get on birth control and she recommended tri-sprintec bc it helped with acne. At first, I felt mild nausea and severe depression/mood swings/etc. but as time passed this went away. Each time I got back on the medication, I would have a terrible break out period but it's completely worth it. This is a great pill and I've never had problems w it."

Evie Eden (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 30, 2015

"I liked this bc quite a bit. I was on it for five years. It did make me nauseous if I didn't eat anything beforehand, but that is easily avoidable. It helped with my acne some but not a lot which is why my doc switched me. I didn't experience any weight gain or loss. I also didn't notice any difference in sex drive or cramps increase. Lastly, I didn't get pregnant on it, and that's the most important thing to me. I think if it weren't a hassle for me to switch back, I would since gildess isn't helping the acne either."

Lexington5652 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 20, 2015

"I'm almost finished with my second month on trisprintec. First of all I'd like to say that you cannot judge this drug by the way it works for you in two weeks. You need to take it for at least 3 months in order for your body to adjust to it. (Obviously if the side effects are too much to bear, stop taking it) Although it did clear up my acne in the first month. The only negative side effect I've had is a little cramping and headaches throughout the month. I've also heard that the name brand is better, so I'm thinking about trying that for a while."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2015

"This is my first week on it and its seems to be starting to control my acne but I will randomly get sick to my stomach and want to throw up. I also seem to be getting that brown discharge everyone else seems to have written about. I would recommend taking it with food. other than that, it seems to be the best out of the many birth controls I have tried"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2015

"I'm finishing up my first month on Spintec. So far here's what I've gotten out of it. I do not feel like it has made me gain weight at all, possibly even helped to loose some. Normal appetite and my mood seems stable (I'm kind of an emotional mess anyways so i'll just say its not worsened). My breasts have been soooo tender all month, like everyday. But the part that's bothering me most is breaking out- I read a lot of people were on this bc to control breakouts. I started taking it for hormonal balance and to prevent pregnancy. I rarely ever have noticeable acne on my face, but these last two week I've had horrible breakouts on my chin, forehead, and sides on face. I really hope its just the initial hormonal changes and it will clear up."

TMB7292 November 9, 2015

"Best treatment for acne I have used! I've gone through accutane, many face washes, retinol creams, and other forms of birth control. Some other forms of birth control just make acne worse, depending on the type of progestin in it. You need the least androgenic type possible, and sprintec has worked the best for me! Nearly clear skin. Takes about 5-6 months to fully work, but it does work."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 3, 2015

"I started taking this birth control about 2 months ago... I got it to mainly clear up acne & because I'm sexually active. Growing up I was in and out of doctors trying to find what treatment would be best for my skin... I started taking this birth control & instantly my face started breaking out, talking about 5-6 large pimples at a time! It's so embarrassing!! Sometimes makeup won't even cover! I haven't noticed any weight gain, but I do have an increased appetite. And my boobs feel very full. I also skipped my first period & read that another girl had one anyways. I've noticed some spotting but nothing too major. I wouldn't recommend this to a girl trying to get rid of bad acne especially if you've struggled with bad skin in the past."

Abby2015 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2015

"It's horrible.... my face broke out bad...got scars for life"

Anonymous August 23, 2015

"This is an initial review seeing as though I haven't even gotten through the first pack yet. My doctor prescribed tri sprintec for my skin & to avoid weight gain. I take the pill everyday at 5:30 pm. An odd daily pattern has developed. In the morning I feel normal. Then by the early afternoon, I'll get a killer headache a couple hours before its time to take the pill! Once I take it, the headache subsides but I get nausea instantly (sometimes vomit) & lose my appetite for the night. Then I get fatigued fast and have been sleeping very early. By the next morning I feel back to normal. The headaches and nausea suck! I also noticed really painful under the skin pimples. Waiting for skin to clear. Boobs are getting bigger that's a plus"

TS-Starter (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2015

"I'm 18 & have been using Tri Sprintec for the past 4 months mainly to try to get rid of my mild acne. In the first couple weeks, I was hopeful because I saw my face start to clear up & wasn't experiencing any side effects. However, as I kept taking it my acne started to flare up again, along with cramps & bloating pretty much all the time, mood swings, and slight weight gain (5 pounds). Since month 2, I started getting cystic acne (which I've never had before) on both my cheeks and especially in my chin area and along my jaw line, but my forehead stays almost completely clear. I thought my hormones just needed to get used to the pill but my skin has continued to get worse. I stopped taking Tri Sprintec & already seen improvement in 3 days."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2015

"I've been taking Tri-Sprintec for a couple of years now, and can say that it has really helped with my acne. I used to have it really bad, but now it's mostly cleared up (I just seem to get a few breakouts here and there). Also, my period is on a perfect 28 day schedule, so that is a plus."

Rileyann18 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 15, 2015

"I've used tri-sprintec for about a year. I started it to have lighter periods & to help get rid of acne. It's worked really well for me & my periods last about 4 days & are very light & I've had one or two breakouts since. So why not a higher score? Well like all women, my period was going to coincide with a beach vacation & I was not ok with that. I decided to skip a period & instead of using my week 4 pills, I skipped right from week 3 to week 1 on a new pack... Worst. Idea. Ever. I still got my period & it's lasted for a month, not to mention I have a major acne breakout & no not just one or two. I'm hoping things will go back to normal soon & I warn everyone if this pill is working well for you, DON'T SKIP A PERIOD INTENTIONALLY."

Anonymous2107 July 10, 2015

"Made my acne 10 times worse !!!! But I've only been on it for 2 weeks and 2days. I saw that other people's acne got better within 3-4 months so I'll be patient. I take my pill at 10:15 every night. No nausea or throwing up. I think to Better to take your pill at night because I usually get sick from simply taking vitamins in the morning. No bleeding or spotting. No cramps. Slightly cranky but nothing my bf can't handle. Lol. & my breast haven't gotten larger but I have noticed the feel more heavy or full. No breast tenderness though."

Bobo bhanell July 6, 2015

"Slow and steady definitely wins this race. I was skeptical going on birth control to fix my ongoing acne battle especially since I am not sexually active. I have been on it for 3 months now and I am so grateful I did this!! My acne has cleared up 80% and I expect it to be closer to 95% for the next pack. It was hard to be patient those 3 months of wondering if it would work, but it did and I'm soo happy about it. At first, I noticed some swelling and tenderness in the chest, but that subsided after about 2-3 weeks, once my body got a bit more used to it. I had a few pounds of weight gain but that has since come off too- and may have been just water weight."

Success3month July 1, 2015

"I'm 19 years old. I've been struggling with cystic acne for about a year and a half now; my problem area being my cheeks . I've been on tri-sprintec for a little over a month.. Can't say I've seen any drastic changes but I feel like it's slowly taking effect (or I just might be desperate for results). I know they say it's 2-3 months for results so I'm remaining hopeful. The only downside I've noticed while taking this pill is that It might've made me break out under and around my jawline which was new for me. Also, I snack way too often now which might be making my breakouts a little excessive when that time of the month comes around."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2015

"This stuff is like a wonder pill! My acne is clearing up, my boobs look fuller, didn't change my sex drive, my moods are the same and it fully protects me from having a baby. I couldn't be happier with this because I have tried lots of brands and wasn't on birthcontrol for about four years because I didn't want to go through the same process of hating the form of birth control I was using but my Dr knew exactly what to give me. Be honest with your Dr and always do your research:)"

Alikay (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2015

"I started tri sprintec in November 2013. The first month, I was extremely moody and had anger problems. After three months, my acne cleared up. It's been over a year, and I haven't seen an spot since! This is great; I also am very active. Some days, my sex drive is not there, usually this happens the first week of the pack. So for birth control purposes, I would rate this as a 10, as well. I've never had any problems and never had any pregnancy scares. My boyfriend noticed that I went up a cup in size. I didn't gain any weight really, I'm just 98 lbs and the maximum, I would be 100 lbs. I would recommend it to anyone who has acne problems. But wait 3-4 months for results."

Cattttt (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 22, 2015

"1) Cleared my skin up within 4 months. Still occasional problem spots around the time of my period but it's a joke compared to what I used to have to put up with. 2) POTENTIALLY IMPORTANT: When I got to the last week of hormonal pills (the super-strength hormone loaded ones before the week of placebos) for the first 5ish months on the pill I found that I would be prone to existential emotional breakdowns or feel more anxious/depressed than usual that week. I didn't notice the correlation for an embarrassing amount of time. I was very relieved when I did figure it out and I wish I had figured it out sooner. Now that I've been on it for a year this problem has almost disappeared. Just something to be aware of for the first few months!"

Hell week (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 30, 2015

"I just started my fourth month and I'm still hopeful I'll see my acne start to clear up. It hasn't really seen any improvements if anything it is a bit worse. I also get my period two times a month and I called my doctor to inform her and she said after three months that should start getting regulated as well as the acne. So im hopeful with in the next two packages of Tri Sprintec my acne and cycle start responding well. A good benefit is that my breasts have grown a cup size. I will post again at the end of 6 packages of pills and how that has impacted me. Overall im still hopeful because of what my doctor told me."

madi04 March 21, 2015

"On month 5 of taking Sprintec and it has almost completely cleared my cystic acne that I have had for over 5 years! Now all I have to do is clear up these acne scars!"

Kimmy35 March 5, 2015

"I started taking birth control mainly for acne. I've had severe body acne since I was a teen. It's been so bad that I've been embarrassed to wear clothes that even expose my shoulders since my skin resembles a Dalmatian. I'm 22 now and I've tried all sorts treatments including head and shoulders, zinc supplements, ointments galore, and salicylic acid. None had a lasting change. Then finally, I went on birth control for the first time. Wow. At last. I am on week 3. No new acne, anywhere. My skin is even less oily, red, and irritated. As a bonus, my breast seems fuller! I haven't had any mood swings, bloating or cramps. (I was very worried about that before). Just exercise and stay positive!"

Elena77 November 24, 2014

"I started taking Tri-Sprintec 7 months ago. I mainly wanted it to treat acne but also as birth control. I had moderate acne and it actually took a while for the pill to finally help my skin. I had to be patient with it because it took about 4-5 months for my skin to clear up with occasional pimples around my period. The pill did thankfully increase my breasts size after a couple weeks to a month of taking it, and I felt like my appetite has increased but I've only gained around 7 pounds since I started and I've always been at 100 pounds. This pill has been great to me and I haven't had any problems with it so far (that I know of)."

AcneProbs (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 29, 2014

"I primarily took this to control my periods so I don't have to stress out even more on finals week. I have no mood swings but I do get more nauseous than usual. I also got my cystic acne back (6 simples vs 3 tiny usual pimples). I have oily skin and realize that a lot of it has to do with that and not cleaning my face properly. However, I realize that mino cycline and doxycycline have worked wonders with my acne in the past. Though they are not birth control, I would consider those instead for those of you interested in clearing up your skin best."

Funny girl (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2014