User Reviews for Tri-Sprintec

Learn more about Tri-Sprintec.

Tri-Sprintec Review Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 454 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Tri-Sprintec to treat Acne

"I'm 19 years old. I've been struggling with cystic acne for about a year and a half now; my problem area being my cheeks . I've been on tri-sprintec for a little over a month.. Can't say I've seen any drastic changes but I feel like it's slowly taking effect (or I just might be desperate for results). I know they say it's 2-3 months for results so I'm remaining hopeful. The only downside I've noticed while taking this pill is that It might've made me break out under and around my jawline which was new for me. Also, I snack way too often now which might be making my breakouts a little excessive when that time of the month comes around."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2015

"This stuff is like a wonder pill! My acne is clearing up, my boobs look fuller, didn't change my sex drive, my moods are the same and it fully protects me from having a baby. I couldn't be happier with this because I have tried lots of brands and wasn't on birthcontrol for about four years because I didn't want to go through the same process of hating the form of birth control I was using but my Dr knew exactly what to give me. Be honest with your Dr and always do your research:)"

Alikay (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2015

"I started tri sprintec in November 2013. The first month, I was extremely moody and had anger problems. After three months, my acne cleared up. It's been over a year, and I haven't seen an spot since! This is great; I also am very active. Some days, my sex drive is not there, usually this happens the first week of the pack. So for birth control purposes, I would rate this as a 10, as well. I've never had any problems and never had any pregnancy scares. My boyfriend noticed that I went up a cup in size. I didn't gain any weight really, I'm just 98 lbs and the maximum, I would be 100 lbs. I would recommend it to anyone who has acne problems. But wait 3-4 months for results."

Cattttt (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 22, 2015

"1) Cleared my skin up within 4 months. Still occasional problem spots around the time of my period but it's a joke compared to what I used to have to put up with. 2) POTENTIALLY IMPORTANT: When I got to the last week of hormonal pills (the super-strength hormone loaded ones before the week of placebos) for the first 5ish months on the pill I found that I would be prone to existential emotional breakdowns or feel more anxious/depressed than usual that week. I didn't notice the correlation for an embarrassing amount of time. I was very relieved when I did figure it out and I wish I had figured it out sooner. Now that I've been on it for a year this problem has almost disappeared. Just something to be aware of for the first few months!"

Hell week (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 30, 2015

"I just started my fourth month and I'm still hopeful I'll see my acne start to clear up. It hasn't really seen any improvements if anything it is a bit worse. I also get my period two times a month and I called my doctor to inform her and she said after three months that should start getting regulated as well as the acne. So im hopeful with in the next two packages of Tri Sprintec my acne and cycle start responding well. A good benefit is that my breasts have grown a cup size. I will post again at the end of 6 packages of pills and how that has impacted me. Overall im still hopeful because of what my doctor told me."

madi04 March 21, 2015

"On month 5 of taking Sprintec and it has almost completely cleared my cystic acne that I have had for over 5 years! Now all I have to do is clear up these acne scars!"

Kimmy35 March 5, 2015

"I started taking birth control mainly for acne. I've had severe body acne since I was a teen. It's been so bad that I've been embarrassed to wear clothes that even expose my shoulders since my skin resembles a Dalmatian. I'm 22 now and I've tried all sorts treatments including head and shoulders, zinc supplements, ointments galore, and salicylic acid. None had a lasting change. Then finally, I went on birth control for the first time. Wow. At last. I am on week 3. No new acne, anywhere. My skin is even less oily, red, and irritated. As a bonus, my breast seems fuller! I haven't had any mood swings, bloating or cramps. (I was very worried about that before). Just exercise and stay positive!"

Elena77 November 24, 2014

"I started taking Tri-Sprintec 7 months ago. I mainly wanted it to treat acne but also as birth control. I had moderate acne and it actually took a while for the pill to finally help my skin. I had to be patient with it because it took about 4-5 months for my skin to clear up with occasional pimples around my period. The pill did thankfully increase my breasts size after a couple weeks to a month of taking it, and I felt like my appetite has increased but I've only gained around 7 pounds since I started and I've always been at 100 pounds. This pill has been great to me and I haven't had any problems with it so far (that I know of)."

AcneProbs (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 29, 2014

"I primarily took this to control my periods so I don't have to stress out even more on finals week. I have no mood swings but I do get more nauseous than usual. I also got my cystic acne back (6 simples vs 3 tiny usual pimples). I have oily skin and realize that a lot of it has to do with that and not cleaning my face properly. However, I realize that mino cycline and doxycycline have worked wonders with my acne in the past. Though they are not birth control, I would consider those instead for those of you interested in clearing up your skin best."

Funny girl (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2014

"I'm 17 and this is the first method of birth control I have tried, been taking it for three weeks. It has been Amazing! My acne has completely cleared up in all areas (whole face, chest, back) and I have had no bad side effects!"

Dakota1234 July 8, 2014

"Since having my last child at age 27, my acne has been out of control. Serious cystic breakouts (forehead, chin, temples). When they just about heal up, BOOM, here comes the new ones. I have tried it all, literally. I did lemon juice, baking soda, vinegar, herbs, masks, lotions, pH balancing washes etc. NOTHING worked. I was so sick of it. At 30 I got Tri-Sprintec. The results were amazing. 1st month, I noticed the breakouts weren't as severe (but still there). 2nd month, I noticed the inflammation was better, still a few break out spots. 3rd month, I noticed I barely broke out (just on my temple area and one spot on my chin). 4th Month-NO MORE BREAKOUTS!"

Acne at 31 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 3, 2014

"I would just like to say if you're looking for a solution for you're acne PLEASE try this. I have been struggling with acne for a few years, I have tried everything from over the counter to prescribed medicine and NOTHING worked. Finally I decided to get on the pill because I had very deep painful cystic acne along my jawline and chin that wouldn't go away. I have been on Sprintec for 2 months now and my skin is 100% clear. Only time I get a pimple is around my period but it is so much more manageable. Trust me this pill is my magic pill."

beemed February 24, 2014

"I have just completed one pack of the Tri-Sprintec. I was prescribed Ortho but was given Tri-Sprintec due to insurance. I am 30 years old and have not had any major acne in years. The last major outbreak I have had was when I was 24. I would still get the occasion 1-2 acne but it would only occur every several months. This month has been horrible on Tri-Sprintec. I've had at least 20+ acne spots on my face. I've tried to used multiple products to clear it up to no avail. It is all hormonal cystic acne that is mainly concentrated around my mouth area/chin and they all leave scarring. I'm honestly not sure if I can last 3 months on it to see if it will get better for me. I do not normally break out so this terrifies me!"

Krissy V (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2014

"I'm 22yrs old and have been dealing with acne since about 13yrs old. I've been on Tri-Sprintec for almost two years now and what a difference. It has to be the best birth control I've ever been on. No gaining weight, mood changes, and my face stays clear even when it is that time of the month. Life changing."

Anonymous December 7, 2013

"I am almost through with my second month pills and I have to say that my acne has gotten worse. I normally have fairly clear skin with occasional small breakouts, but since the birth control my acne has gotten much more common and more large and painful as well. I'm hoping that my body is still getting use to the hormones and will soon get back to normal. Also, my appetite has become a constant issue. My weight has stayed the same so far, but I am eating much more than I used to. Hoping that this is all just adjustments that will get better with time!"

JCFen November 5, 2013

"I've been on this pill for a full month today. First couple of weeks were very rough. Neausua was a bad problem and I felt very sick for a few weeks. Over the past month ive experienced bad mood swings and an increased appetite and I couldn't help but eat and snack. I gained about 3 or 4 pounds this month. Not very happy about that! I hope that starts to go away, but my acne has gone about 70 percent away, not fully there. But my doctor said it might take a few months. Redness is gone, but still pimples are there."

Dancelove (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 4, 2013

"I've been taking Tri-Sprintec for two months now. I have had persistent mild acne (plus scarring :/) since middle school. (I'm in my twenties now). I must say -- this pill has improved my skin. It's not perfect, but I've noticed that my normally breakout-prone skin has cleared up a bit, so that's nice to see. And now the negative: my appetite has increased *immensely*. I feel like I'm starving all the time. It's like constant PMS. I'm hoping this will go away as my body acclimates to the pill... I've consequently gained about 10 pounds... BUT -- my boobs have gotten bigger as a result, and my bum as well, so perhaps it's not all bad..."

Elle MJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2013

"I am 30 years old and I have never taken birth control pills before. I had skin that was so dry that every morning the skin on my cheeks flaked off. It almost looked like a bad sunburn that resulted in peeling skin. My right cheek was so red and inflamed but after taking the first pill, I noticed a difference the very next day. I have taken 7 pills and so far so good. My cheeks are soft and finally look like regular skin. The redness on my right cheek is fading and it doesn't hurt to apply makeup anymore. I am so excited to see how much better my skin gets. No side effects yet. I hope I don't get any when I get to the other colored pills."

HoustonGirl (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2013

"For the purpose of acne, this medicine helped me a lot! But within two months of starting it I gained 10 pounds. I exercise 4-5 times a week and eat well and hadn't made any changes that would cause weight gain. Nothing I did would get rid of the weight gained, especially around my hips and thighs. It took me a year to realize that this was the problem. I'm 17 now and did swimming in high school and usually lose at least 5- 10 pounds each season, but this year I stayed at a constant 140. Because of this I'm switching. I also got extreme nausea, if I didn't eat enough food before taking it, or if I took it more than 30 minutes after eating, I would get intense nausea, dry heave twice, and lose my appetite."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 10, 2013

"I'm 16 and this is the first birth control I've ever been on. My doctor prescribed Ortho Tri-Cyclen to help control my acne, but because of my insurance I was given Tri-Sprintec. I just started my second week and there have been NO side effects whatsoever. Which is a good/bad thing. I was extremely worried about gaining a massive amount of weight or becoming intensely moody or something but nothing's happened so far. My acne hasn't changed at all, nor has anything else. I'm sticking to it though, hopefully it'll just take some more time to kick in."

mdgaugler (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2013

"I went on Tri-Sprintec for acne and irregular periods, and it has definitely helped me regulate both. Upon being prescribed this particular BC I was terrified because of all of the negative reviews, so I figured I'd share my positive experience for someone who was in my position. The only noticeable side effect I've had is a bit of chest acne (which I never had before), but as I'm only on my third pack now I'm hoping it will eventually clear up!"

K_m March 16, 2013

"I started taking Tri-Sprintec when I was 17. I am now 24. This was originally recommended to me by my OBGYN for acne and migraines and it has made my skin great and migraines disappear. Occasional breakouts but nothing major. In the beginning I had no major emotional, weight, or period issues. My periods are still very light and last about 5 days. After a few years my weight spiraled out of control and I ended up gaining about 45 pounds (from 122 to 160!) and also dealt with depression, anxiety, low energy/lethargy, and increased appetite. Every body is different which is why it is important to monitor your symptoms over YEARS. Things can change. I am now switching to a lower dose of hormones and seeing if there is a change."

NTLsny (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 15, 2013

"I am nineteen and I've been on this pill for almost two months now. I am being forced to give it another month but I can't wait to switch! I have had horrible breakouts, weight gain, nausea, cramping even off my period, mood swings, depression...the list goes on. I have never felt more horrible. I will be trying Yasmin next. Also, if your skin isn't improving in three months, I would definitely switch birth controls."

Alexis90 February 5, 2013

"Tri-sprintec is definitely the best medication I have had for my face. In high school I suffered from awful acne that got worse a week before my period started. My face was also burning so bad that I could hardly wash my face (the main reason why I had so much ance). My gyno prescribed this medication just for controlling the acne. Now I have been on the medication for 5 years and my acne has completely disappeared, and I don't ever remember my last bad pimple!"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 1, 2013

"I've been on this pill for 9 days and gained 6 Lbs. Breast tenderness, low libido, apathy, irritability, aggression, exhaustion, and clumsiness. I'll try it for the month and hope the side effects go away."

Crazy bitch January 29, 2013