User Reviews for Eplerenone

Also known as: Inspra

Learn more about Eplerenone.

High Blood Pressure 3 reviews 261 medications

7.7
Heart Failure 0 reviews 129 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Eplerenone reviews 3 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Eplerenone

Review by Bangkok303:

For High Blood Pressure: Reduced my blood pressure well but experienced extreme tiredness. A routine blood test found hyperkalemia and reduced renal function requiring three days in hospital for treatment.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 20, 2014 7:16 PM

Review by james2:

For High Blood Pressure: Was on spironolactone for 5 yrs with terrible side effects, name it I had it. The breast soreness is what did it for me, and finally I stumbled into eplerenone after 5 yrs of suffering through spironolactone. Eplerenone works great for me with minimum or no side effects and the most important thing is that there is NO MORE BREAST PAIN. My blood pressure is under control and my potassium is 4.5. I incorporated a work out schedule with this medication 2-4 times a week.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 8, 2013 2:30 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For High Blood Pressure: I have had problems with low potassium for over a year so the blood pressure goes up because of it. Tried spironolactone but side effects were bad especially migraines. I started on 50mg of eperlenone but the side effects of extreme fatigue, dry mouth, muscle weakness and getting dehydrated very easily caused me to go down to 25mg to see if it's any better. My potassium went from 3.1 to 3.8 in 6 days on this but those 6 days were exhausting. So, it's definitely good for that. Not sure if I can stick it out with feeling so bad on it. Tried many others and supplements plus foods and never got higher that 3.1. It's the aldosterone that causes high blood pressure and low potassium. Hope more people join in on their experience.

August 12, 2012 7:28 PM