Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Diphenhydramine

Also known as: 40 Winks, Aler-Dryl, Aler-Tab, Alka-Seltzer Plus Allergy, Aller-G-Time, Allergia-C, Allermax, Altaryl, Banaril, Banophen, Beldin, Belix, Ben-Tann, Benadryl, Benadryl Allergy, ...show all 94 brand names

Learn more about Diphenhydramine.

Reviews for Diphenhydramine to treat Nausea/Vomiting

Benadryl (diphenhydramine): I have emtophobia, that is, a pervasive fear of vomiting. I do not know if this affects vomiting, but if I feel nauseous, Benadryl works wonders. My stomach settles right down and my anxiety lowers just enough for me to deal with it without the use of benzodiazepines.

June 15, 2012 10:24 PM

Benadryl (diphenhydramine): Didn't seem to work very well for me.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 12, 2012 10:37 AM

I had a severe migraine, was driven to the hospital when regular pain relievers did not work. I was given IV Benadryl along with an anti-nausea medicine and fluids. I felt sleepy almost immediately, and my pain was lessened. The huge down side was that I felt a huge amount of anxiety for 48 hours afterward. I do not suffer from anxiety normally. I believe this was an adverse reaction of the Benadryl.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate